Start by marking “Kanzashi in Bloom: 20 Simple Fold-and-Sew Projects to Wear and Give” as Want to Read:
Kanzashi in Bloom: 20 Simple Fold-and-Sew Projects to Wear and Give

Kanzashi in Bloom: 20 Simple Fold-and-Sew Projects to Wear and Give

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Kanzashi tsumami is the Japanese art of folding delicate squares of silk into three-dimensional flower petals. In the United States, the online craft culture has sprouted a renewed interest in making Kanzashi with American crafters devising simplified ways to create these gorgeous fabric flowers and incorporating more user-friendly materials like cotton and synthetic fabri ...more
Published July 21st 2009 by Potter Craft

To ask other readers questions about Kanzashi in Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kanzashi in Bloom

Jeffery Rudell
Feb 28, 2013 Jeffery Rudell rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Crafters, Makers, Sewers
Shelves: crafts
I know Diane and her work from her website www.craftypod.com. Despite the fact that I'm not very skilled with a needle and thread, I was nonetheless interested in the subject matter and eager to see what Diane had produced (and whether it was as good as the content she regularly offers up to readers online). I was not disappointed.

First of all, the book is gorgeous. It has lovely photographs, very clear step-by-step directions and the writing if beautiful and very interesting. I have yet to mak
Fanie
I bought this book because I really like Diane's work on her blog, Craftypod. And, also, becasue I was intrigued by this craft as I knew nothing about it. (I'm the curious type!)

There's a very interesting introduction with the history of the Kanzashi (It's a japanese craft) and there are some very clear steps-by-steps pictures on how to make different kinds. (Round petals, pointy, etc!)

As I wasthinking of ways I could use the Kanzashi, I was happy to see that there were already many projects p
Aviva
Jul 27, 2011 Aviva rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Crafters, quilters, mothers to girly girls who like hair pretties
Shelves: crafts
This book was fantastic, with great photographs showing each step of making the kanzashi flowers. It really is simply origami with fabric, and I loved the variety of projects highlighted. I highly recommend this book to anyone who's interested in trying to make these beautiful fabric flowers!

I'm not very intuitive when it comes to crafts and I'm fairly uncoordinated. But the author made it simple and clear even for people like me to be able to complete the projects. I love, love, love these flo
Melissa
This book is wonderful. It is based on the traditional kanzashi flowers in a more crafty way. Makes it very accessible to all us regular people who think this is beautiful but don't have the time to truly master the old technique.
Christina
Loved the idea and started a project, but never quite finished it. I never was much into sewing and it started to feel like a sewing project I would have done as a kid in 4-H.
Rose
Actually, my daughter's been reading and more importantly using this book to make beautiful fabric flowers. Good instructions are easy to follow.
Kelly
Wish I had more time to try these out this summer. What a fun book. Easy to follow directions too!
Paula
Aug 22, 2010 Paula rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: done
I have breeze thru this and now have ordered books from Japan on this
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Kcarmack
Kcarmack marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Reena
Reena marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Kylie Cantwell
Kylie Cantwell marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Susan Mack
Susan Mack marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Quilting Happiness: Projects, Inspiration, and Ideas to Make Quilting More Joyful All Points Patchwork: A Complete Guide to English Paper Piecing Quilting Techniques for Making Perfect Hexagons, Diamonds, Octagons, and Other Shapes All Points Patchwork: English Paper Piecing beyond the Hexagon for Quilts & Small Projects Writing a Great Art or Craft Blog: A Guide for Creative People