Start by marking “Molly's Millions” as Want to Read:
Molly's Millions

Molly's Millions

Hard-up florist Molly Bailey has just won 4.2 million pounds in the National Lottery. And she needs to get rid of it – fast!

Tom Mackenzie is on the verge of losing his job. He needs one hell of a story if he hopes to secure his future in journalism.

With Ebenezer Scrooge for a brother, and a strong belief that sharing her good fortune is the only way forward, Molly unwittin
366 pages
Published (first published January 26th 2009)

Helen
Jan 21, 2011 Helen rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
What would you do if you won 4.2m on the lottery? Would you tell your Scrooge-like family and risk them taking the money away from you...or would you try to keep it a secret and have some fun? That's the decision faced by Molly Bailey, a struggling florist from Cumbria - and it doesn't take her long to make up her mind!

Knowing she can't hide her win from the Bailey family forever, Molly decides to dispose of it as quickly as possible. With only her dog for company, she sets off on a journey arou
Olivia
Nov 27, 2013 Olivia rated it liked it
A relaxing, cute book. Predictable but still enjoyable.
Leah
Jan 14, 2010 Leah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly Bailey’s life is trundling along fine until one day she decides to buy herself a lottery ticket and ends up winning £4.2 million. Trouble is, Molly doesn’t want £4.2 million and sets off around the country distributing it as and when she feels like it. Journalist Tom MacKenzie is worried he’s about to end up on the journalistic scrap-heap when he happens upon Molly’s story. He sets off, with daughter Flora, on a wild goose chase to try and find Molly. As Molly continues around the country ...more
Book-shelf Shelf
Mar 05, 2012 Book-shelf Shelf rated it it was amazing
Got this on my kindle over the Christmas break and wish i had got it before, but it seems to be one of those books that slips through the marketing ... yet its is a truly brilliant feel good book....none of the sloppiness just a brilliant story of a girl with a heart and no hidden agenda.

I loved every page and will certainly be getting another Victoria Connelly book!!
Catherine
Oct 21, 2016 Catherine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Painful

Its not a bad premise, but it is far fetched and irritating at times. The characters are ok, mostly, but everything falls into place far too easily. It took me weeks to read but only because I opted to do anything else first. For far fetched, whimsical and enjoyable try Holly Martin instead.
Elusive
Jan 13, 2016 Elusive rated it it was ok
Shelves: review
In ‘Molly’s Millions’, young florist Molly Bailey buys a lottery ticket and unexpectedly ends up winning 4.2 million pounds. In the blink of an eye, her financial dilemma is solved. She decides to use her money to make other people’s lives better while keeping the whole thing a secret from the Bailey men as they would definitely want their share and be against her altruistic plan.

The premise interested me as I was envisioning several possibilities – it could be thought-provoking seeing how such
Big Book Little Book
Aug 31, 2012 Big Book Little Book rated it really liked it
Helen for www.bigbooklittlebook.com

I picked this up needing a little light relief after reading a more weighty tome and this was the perfect antidote!This story is chick lit at its best; a funny, romantic, well-paced ride through the English countryside with a bit of substance as well.

Molly Bailey is a lovely girl who has managed to stay lovely despite the un-loveliness of her family. She owns her own florist shop and has escaped the family home and all the scrimping, saving, penny pinching men
Bookventures Book Club
What would you do if you won the lottery? Perhaps you would reward yourself with a new house and car, splurge on items that were considered out of your financial reach and travel to practically anywhere in the world. The opportunities are indeed endless when a large sum of money is worked into the equation. This is essentially the dilemma faced by Molly Bailey a struggling florist in rural England. Having taken a chance with luck, she has won the lottery and is now in a situation where she can ...more
Kirsty
Oct 08, 2014 Kirsty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, it was a welcome breath of fresh air for me. The story is about a woman named Molly, who at the beginning of the story doesn't even have enough money to buy all the shopping she wants. With money being tight she has never dared buy a lottery ticket, as she cannot justify wasting the £1 on such poor odds. Early on in the book, for one reason or another she decides to take the risk and buy a ticket. Molly then wins over 4 million. The main bulk of the story then leads on from ...more
Heidi
Mar 21, 2015 Heidi rated it liked it
Shelves: chic-lit
I would loved to have given this book 4 stars but an irritation of something in it brought it down a notch for me. The florist Molly Bailey runs out of her floral shop to buy a lottery ticket at the end of the day. She wins 4.2 million pounds. Molly's family is miserly and she keeps it a secret running off on an adventure to give away money to others to make them happy. Tom MacKenzie gets hold of the story from the start and decides to pack up his car and follow her. What he did not bargain for ...more
whatrhymeswithowl
Reading the synopsis of this book I probably got my hopes up a bit too high. The thought of a financially struggling florist who lucks out and wins the lottery only to embark on a journey of wealth distribution leaving behind her signature gerbera flower each time she bestows some cash on an unwitting stranger sounded really fun.

The story was light and warm-hearted with a tiny touch of romance and I enjoyed it well enough while I was reading it, but just not enough to ever pick it up for a re-re
Chanpreet
Nov 13, 2011 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
This was a very entertaining story about Molly Bailey who just happens to win 4.2 million pounds in the lottery, the very first time she plays it. Molly is a struggling florist who loves her job. She decides to put some money away for her cheapskate relatives and herself and then decides to give away the rest. She starts travelling around England and her good deeds catch the attention of reporter Tom Mackenzie. Tom starts chasing her around and reporting about her good deeds and whereabouts, ...more
Petrucha
Sep 21, 2014 Petrucha rated it liked it

This was as cute and British as you can imagine. It took a bit of time to get used to the pace but as the story progressed, the pace got faster and it was perfect. The ending was as cute as the book cover, really :D Maybe a bit too adorable but it was to be expected.

About the characters - the authors done a great job because she made me hate Mollys family with my soul. OK, not hate...just make bile rise in my throat whenever they were mentioned because theyre the type of people that jus
Viohlet
This was great. It was sweet and funny, and while it wasn't really "romance" I really enjoyed it.

Molly's family were positively awful, and I wish that Carolyn had up and left Marty. I couldn't stand him.

I loved Molly, and I thought she was so lovely. Although I have to admit, I wasn't very sympathetic when her money and car were stolen. Over-imbibing on alcohol will do that to you.

Tom's stock went down at one stage, after the first front page story, but he'd redeemed himself by the end of the no
Maria
Aug 25, 2013 Maria rated it it was ok
isn't half the fun of playing the weekly lottery the days you spend dreaming about what you'd do with all that cash? Yes. Unless you win. Then the fun is spending it. Or is it? This book takes you on a ride with Molly, who is having fun spending her millions. Well, mostly fun ..... a pesky reporter and downer family members suck out some of the fun. Doesn't this sound like a good idea for a book? I thought so. But, alas, I think this one falls a bit flat. Molly's adventures could be much more ...more
Adeline Kam
May 24, 2015 Adeline Kam rated it really liked it
What will I do if I won the lottery? Definitely to buy more books to read.

This is a hilarious story. I love the characters in it. The 3 Baileys men, Carolyn & Molly herself, and the cute father & daughter team Tom and Flora. Travelling with them throughout the story, you can just feel the places they go to.

Best of all is Molly's reunion with her mother at the end of the story, after so many many years of them being apart.

This is the first book i read written by Victoria, and it is good.
Mary Elizabeth Morton
Oct 24, 2013 Mary Elizabeth Morton rated it it was amazing
Amazing is not the word I would use to rate this book...but it was delightful & entertaining...worthy of a 5/5 star rating. It's one of the best chick lit books I've read in a long time. The characters were likable & authentic. The story is sweet & asks us all...what would you do if you became a millionaire overnight? Keep it for yourself or share it. Hmmmmm The cover is lovely too, I love pretty covers. :)
writer...
Aug 25, 2011 writer... rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
perfect outside afternoon read on a 30+ sunny day for Bout of Books Readathon!
it proved another fantastic choice - no disappointment with the easy breezy style
of Victoria Connelly !
she has an inviting voice that is nothing but enjoyable...
fun story lines- deliteful characters one can easily relate to.
a pleasureable afternoon with Molly's Millions & my iced fruit tea out on the balcony in the sun!
Gökçe
Oct 14, 2015 Gökçe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kesinlikle harikaydı. Açıkçası okumaya başlamadan kitaptan hiçbir umudum yoktu. Beğenmeyeceğimi düşünmüştüm. Ama kitap başından bari harika ilerledi. Eğlenceli ve kovalamalarla dolu bir kitaptı. Aşk da vardı. Ne zaman kitabı hatırlasam yüzümde tatlı bir tebessüm oluşur. Ne yazık ki, yazarın bizde çevrilmiş bir tek bu kitabı var. Daha çok kitabını okumak isterdim. Umarım diğer kitapları da çevrilir. Dört gözle bekliyorum !
Stacey
Jul 05, 2015 Stacey rated it liked it
Although sweet, the plot set up at the beginning of the book felt a little bit contrived. I'm sure it isn't that easy to track down a complete stranger when you know absolutely nothing about them including their name or what they even look like. But if you can get past that, it is a fun little road trip book.
Charlene
Jul 30, 2011 Charlene rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I've read by Victoria Connely and loved it as much, if not more than the first. Molly's Millions is a wonderful, fun, and ultimately heartwarming story that I would recommed to anyone! You will undoubtedly fall in love with the amazing Molly as she partakes in a once in a lifetime journey.
Rhoda Baxter
Jul 20, 2012 Rhoda Baxter rated it really liked it
A refreshingly different story. Molly wins a lot of money in the lottery and decides to spend the money helping people out. The romance is almost incidental to the story of Molly's journey and how the money changes the lives of Molly and her sister in law (even though neither of them actually get to keep the money).
It's such a lovely idea and a fun read.
Julie Clark
Oct 14, 2015 Julie Clark rated it really liked it
Most people have wondered at some point in their lives about what they would do with a lottery win. I know I have! This is the story of what Molly does with her lottery win, it’s a witty rom-com without being too fluffy. Features a lovely HEA. Perfect beach read!
Melanie
Feb 13, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
Was quite enjoyable but she had her car stolen and then she didn't do anything about it! Strange... If someone stole my vw I don't think I'd be letting them get away with it!
Judith
Jun 23, 2013 Judith rated it liked it
very fast read, nothing great and more than a few plot problems. But I don't regret the time sitting and reading Molly's just dream about what could of been an even better journey with some regret.
Lynne
Aug 01, 2012 Lynne rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story. Molly is generous and kind unlike her family. It is a story of helping others and seeing the good and bad in those around us.
Hasna
Jul 09, 2014 Hasna rated it really liked it
funny.. un-ordinary idea of chick lit..I stumble on it whilst browsing for my next read and I'm really enjoy it :)
Lauren
Feb 08, 2012 Lauren rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-book
The characters didn't work for me - ok read but didn't love it. Took me forever to get through it as a result.
Michelle Southey
Michelle Southey rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Christie Curry
Christie Curry rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2014
  • Dear Maggie
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • All About Seduction
  • Fast & Loose (Kentucky Derby, #1)
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • Down to Earth
  • A Midsummer Night's Sin (Blackthorn Brothers #2)
  • A Vampire for Christmas (Includes: Sweetblood, #2.5)
  • Jinxed!
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Deep in the Heart
  • Merely Married
  • Royal Weddings
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • The Duke Diaries (Royal Entourage, #3)
  • Compromised
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
Victoria Connelly grew up in Norfolk before attending Worcester College where she studied English Literature. After graduating, she worked her way through a number of jobs before becoming a teacher in North Yorkshire.

In 2000, she got married in a medieval castle in the Yorkshire Dales and moved to London. Five weeks after their wedding, her husband, a television news cameraman, was sent to Israel.
More about Victoria Connelly...