Start by marking “Sleeping Beauty: The Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
Sleeping Beauty: The Graphic Novel

Sleeping Beauty: The Graphic Novel

Once upon a time, an evil faerie cursed a young princess. On her fifteenth birthday, the princess pricked her finger on a spindle and fell into a spell of sleep. Trapped behind poisonous thorns and guarded by deadly zombies, only the bravest soul can awaken her. Otherwise, she will live forever in eternal slumber.
Published November 1st 2009 by Stone Arch Books (first published January 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping Beauty

Truly
Oct 03, 2012 Truly rated it it was ok
This variation was a little too short for my taste and not very descriptive.
Jan 12, 2010 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: books-2010
While I love graphic novels, particularly of the dark and twisty variety, this one had one specific section that was so bordering on plagiarism from Disney's version that it was embarrassing. Just using synonyms to replace words does not make the sentence your own.

Powell’s Version: “The Princess shall indeed grow in beauty and goodness, deeply loved by all who know her. But on her fifteenth birthday, she will cut her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel . . . and she will die!!”

Disney’s Ver
Kristen
Dec 15, 2009 Kristen rated it it was amazing
We all know the story of Sleeping Beauty, but I loved the small twists to the tale that this graphic novel rendition spun to keep it new and interesting. The drawings were incredible unique and drew my eye when I first looked at it. I can only compare it to that of Tim Burton. The characters have big eyes and the overall feel of the graphic novel is darker.

I absolutely enjoyed reading the History of Sleeping Beauty at the end of the book as well as glancing through the discussion questions and w
Kristy
I wasn't a huge fan of the artwork, it looked like something a 7th grader could draw...
Lee Anne
Feb 24, 2015 Lee Anne rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyable. The art style wasn't my favorite but it was still nice.
Bonnie
Jan 12, 2015 Bonnie rated it liked it
I was hoping for more. Even still, a good quick read for young readers.
Miri
Aug 15, 2013 Miri rated it it was ok
The illustrations in this one were so weird (I hated the characters' eyes, the prince's in particular), and didn't do a good job showing perspective so sometimes I couldn't tell what exactly was happening in a panel. Combined with one of the lamest fairy tale stories, this is probably my least favorite of the graphic novels so far.
Crystal
Feb 05, 2011 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2009
The story is the traditional telling of the classic with clear, bright illustrations. At the end of the graphic novel, the author includes a glossary, a short history of the story, discussion questions, writing prompts, and a website for further exploration.
Inge
Sep 21, 2010 Inge rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels, kids
For the gloomy gothic young reader. Nothing remarkable, but a decent effort with a nice glossary in the back.
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
amy
amy marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Nithya
Nithya marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Journey
Journey marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Kit Kat
Kit Kat marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Ajalin
Ajalin added it
Jul 20, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Trisha Hope
Trisha Hope rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Ingrid
Ingrid rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2016
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Erica Pittman
Erica Pittman is currently reading it
Apr 17, 2016
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Brooklyn
Brooklyn marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Reut Ben Tsur
Reut Ben Tsur marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Sara Rebecca
Sara Rebecca marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Martin Powell is the author of hundreds of science fiction, mystery, and horror stories. He has worked in the comic book industry since 1986, writing for Marvel, DC, Malibu, Caliber, Moonstone, and Disney, among others, and has been nominated for the coveted Eisner Award. Martin also writes children’s books, and frequently contributes prose for many short story anthologies. He resides in Saint Pau ...more
More about Martin Powell...