Start by marking “Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss, #1)

Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss #1)

The face he shows the world is not the face she sees...

Once, ten years ago, they were young lovers, sharing sinful touches and desperate ecstasy. But he was bound by his promise to wed another. Since that fateful time, Christine Sommers has grown into a headstrong beauty, the kind of woman who thinks nothing of daring travels to the ends of the world. But for all her achie
Mass Market Paperback, 371 pages
Published July 28th 2009 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Duke

Char
Another winner from Melody---this book is definitely 4 and 1/2 stars. What kept it from being a 5 star is there wasn't quite enough interaction between H/h in the first third of the book and though the dialogue between the two was witty there wasn't quite enough of it. Oh, but Erik could almost (I said, almost) rival Michael from It Must Have Been the Moonlight (who is my all time fav hero). She sure knows how to write a hero.
Elli
Feb 29, 2012 Elli rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2012
Had to push & push myself to finish this book -- it kept skirting the DNF line. Female paleontologist is heroine, which gives it another angle, but the writing & storyline didn't work for me. And why oh why would there be fossils in a volcanic complex? Geesh--fails the geonerd test of authenticity.
Zoe
Read the first 2 chapters, don't really like Christine so I am shelving it to "no thank you". lol
May Mostly Romance
Jan 27, 2011 May Mostly Romance rated it liked it
หนังสือเลมนีเปนเลมแรกในชุด Magical Bliss แตไมตองคิดอะไรมากนะคะเพราะสิงทีเชือมแตละเลมเขาไวดวยกันกคือ แหวนทีเชือกันวา สามารถมอบสิงทีผูสวมตองการมากทีสุดใหได ดังนันแมกซจึงไมแนใจวา เลมทีสองในชุดจะมีความเกียวของกับเลมนีมากนอยเพียงใด อาจจะเปนเรืองของตัวละครรองในเลมนี (แตแมกซกยังไมเหนแววใครโดดเดนชัดเจน แตอาจจะเปนนองสาวพระเอกกได) หรืออาจเปนเรืองของคนอืนไปเลยกได (เพียงแตคนนันไดแหวนไป)

แตเหนพูดเกียวกับแหวนทีใหพรวิเศษได แฟนพารานอมอลกไมตองดีใจมากนะคะ เพราะเรืองนีแทบไมมีประเดนเกียวกับเรืองเหนือธรรมชาติเลยดวยซำ
Viohlet
Lover of Romance
After ten years, Christine is shocked to see the one man that showed her passion and love, but ended their young courtship to marry someone else. Christine, now recently losing her father, has taken over her father's work and over the past ten years has dedicated herself to the work as a Paleontologist. Erik comes to her with a proposal, that there is a marvelous find on his land that she can't resist, since it is part of her dream of being taken seriously as a scientists, however she must agree ...more
Missy
Apr 08, 2016 Missy rated it really liked it
What a sweet and amazing read.

Christine is a pretty, caring and smart woman. She likes to use her brain and gets annoyed when men get upset that a woman is smarter. She has tried to shine to prove her worth but keeps getting passed over for a man! The unfairness of it all! Her career and dreams of a major find are all that is left to her since her love married another all those years ago. She has closed herself off from love.

So you can imagine her shock when she comes face to face with Erik afte
Stephanie
Feb 27, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it
This untraditional romance starts ten years AFTER our main characters hook up and break up. Wrapped up in an archeological murder mystery, this story explores for what people will sell their souls...in a light, romance-y, happy ending sort of way. It was refreshing to have a leading lady so oblivious to social convention and a hero smart enough to appreciate it. I do wonder, however, how accurate the archeology and paleontology ideas are. Still, all in all, a good read.
Tracey
May 19, 2015 Tracey rated it it was amazing
The author did a truly outstanding job! Melody Thomas has a remarkable way of writing that keeps me wanting to read more. This was a great romance with a twist of a magic ring, a dragon, a mystery murder, and a beautiful love story. Melody Thomas is definitely a one click buy author! I have several of her books and love all of them!
Mary Vilarino
Jun 09, 2013 Mary Vilarino rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading this book even if the ending petered out somewhat. I liked the interaction between Eric and Christine. The Beast was not such a beast and the beauty was not such a beauty but an independent miss who loved her beast.
Kelly
Apr 27, 2013 Kelly rated it liked it
It got better about 1/2 through the book. I liked how the MC wasn't a sap and the hero, while dominant in his own way, did everything for the MC even when she didn't know it. It closed up fairly fast after a few of the plot questions were cleared up.
Cassie
Feb 21, 2012 Cassie rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, kindle
this could have easily been a favorite of mine...but something was missing. maybe more details? I cant seem to pin point it, but something or somethings were missing from this story.
Brooke Springer
Aug 12, 2009 Brooke Springer rated it liked it
It was an okay story, I just found it difficult to read at some points. I did not get the tension and problems that the main couple supposedly endured.
Carrie Felton
Apr 16, 2012 Carrie Felton rated it really liked it
'Good but there are some slow parts. Wouldn't get a four if there weren't so many good quotes and funny scenes
Qabas Hassan
Qabas Hassan rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Elissa
Elissa rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Oct 03, 2012
Christina Bennett
Christina Bennett rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2013
Rynna
Sep 12, 2014 Rynna rated it did not like it
Shelves: english-novel
boring
Karol
Karol rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2013
Katealily
Katealily rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Lynanne
Lynanne rated it really liked it
May 05, 2012
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Camille ♡
Camille ♡ rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Allison Feingold
Allison Feingold rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2011
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2014
Surabhi Tandon
Surabhi Tandon rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2013
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 07:44PM
  • The Duke's Captive (Winter Garden #4)
  • Never Dare a Duke (Sons of Scandal, #2)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • The Mad, Bad Duke (Nvengaria #2)
  • Tempting a Proper Lady (Brides of Nevarton Chase, #1)
  • To Marry the Duke (American Heiresses, #1)
  • So Enchanting
  • The Way of the Heart
  • Almost a Princess (Men from Special Branch, #4)
  • Dukes to the Left of Me, Princes to the Right (Impossible Bachelors, #2)
  • For Your Arms Only (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love, #2)
  • To Bed a Beauty (Courtship Wars #2)
  • Merely Married
  • Desires of a Perfect Lady (Lost City #3)
  • The Devil in Disguise (Regency Rogues, #1)
  • At the Duke's Pleasure (The Byrons of Braebourne, #3)
  • The Seduction of Sara (Rogues, #3)
  • Lessons in French
Years after receiving my Criminal Justice degree from the University of Oklahoma , I discovered the
historical romance genre. True legends like M.M Kaye, Kathleen Woodiwiss, Judith McNaught, and
Penelope Williamson, sparked my love for writing and convinced me I wanted only to do one thing in
my life and that was to create great stories alive with grit and passion.

In the past, I've written western
More about Melody Thomas...

Mystical Bliss (2 books)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)