Start by marking “A Dream Come True (Dream, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Dream Come True (Dream, #1)

A Dream Come True (Dream Series #1)

Mike is thrilled when his old university crush turns up at his door in answer to his roommate advertisement. Wes doesn't remember Mike at all, or even realize he's gay, but that doesn't stop Mike from pursuing a determined campaign of seduction. The trouble is, Mike isn't ready to give up his free and easy lifestyle and settle down with just one man. Mike isn't comfortable ...more
Published February 25th 2009 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about A Dream Come True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dream Come True

Jun 25, 2009 Lily rated it really liked it
This is a heart warming story of family, friends and the beauty of a slow building relationship. Even though Mike and Wes start sleeping together fairly quickly the process of going from just friends to the deeper bond of love is a long but satisfying trip for these two. I loved all of the characters in this book. Wes and Mike are marvelously well-developed and their friends and family were an added bonus and not a distraction as sometimes can happen in a book.

This was a sweet romantic book with
Apr 06, 2009 JenMcJ rated it liked it
Mike has a room for rent and Wes needs a room. Hero meet Hero.

Mike recognizes Wes from college even though they are very far from that location now. Just a coincidence that they end up in the same town far away and one has a room to rent and one needs a room after getting his residency location. There is another family related coincidence as well.

There is a short period where Wes believes Mike to be straight, but that misinformation gets straightened (pun intended) out fairly quickly.

From the
Oct 13, 2009 Betryal rated it liked it
I hope no one beats over the head here, but I found this story very...if you know the show Leave It To Beaver-ish sort of way. By saying this I mean there was no hardship or turmoil with Mike coming out to his family after keeping it hidden for many years and had moved away to avoid coming out to his folks. Everything was taken with a grain of salt and no matter what the characters it was all OK.

The overall book and the story was good and well written, but to me it was to easy if that be the ri
Elisa Rolle
I believe this is the first long novel by this author, and I believe also that Addison Albright should be young and very romantic, so you will have to overlooking to some sharp around the edge things and to the abundance of sugar in the story... but well, in a romance titled "A Dream Come True" what would you have expected of different?

The book is totally nice! Is a mix of nice coincedence, of nice friends, of nice familiar situations, of nice living quarters... But lets start from the beginning
Brenda Maldonado
Nov 27, 2010 Brenda Maldonado rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all m/m fans

Mike and Wes attended the same university. Back then Wes was active in the GLBT club and Mike was deeply in the closet. It just wasn’t meant to be. That did not stop Mike from fantasizing about Wes often. So when years later Wes shows up on Mike’s doorstep as a potential roommate, Mike can’t believe his luck. In the blink of an eye, Mike and Wes become roommates, then lovers, friends and partners.

Addison’s first novel is a sweet, romantic tale of “falling in love”, mixed with a nice dos
Aug 08, 2009 Kris rated it really liked it
Mini Tasting:

Why I bought it: I’m pretty sure I bought this after reading a review by Emmy:

Dislike~ I prefer the build up to a sexual relationship so I can be a bit tetchy about ones where the guys fall into bed pretty quickly. Having said this, I did think it formed part of the story insomuch that both protags, especially Mike, come to the realisation that what they have is something more than just convenient sex.

Like~ This was a good, solid r
Wendy Ann
This was an easy, sweet read with virtually no angst. Mike and Wes became roommates and progressed quickly in their relationship to lovers who eventually realize they’ve fallen in love. The storyline was fairly family centric and involved Mike coming out of the closet to his family and essentially everyone who didn’t already know he was gay. His family had already suspected he might be gay, so the whole “coming out” was rather anticlimactic.

For most of the book, I felt rather emotionally detach
Feb 18, 2011 Honey rated it really liked it
I'd rate this with a 3.5. It's a fun, sweet read about 2 guys who become roommates and fall in love, even though they start out as something similar to friends-with-benefits. Wes and Mike are both lovely characters and they have to face matters such as coming to terms with what exactly their relationship is, Mike coming out to his family... I did however find it to be too perfect at times, I don't think it required more angst exactly, it just seemed like everything was too easily dealt with and ...more
Nov 17, 2014 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
I don't think that I have ever read (listened to, actually) a more "nice" story... everyone was nice... there was no angst... there was no conflict, Mike's concern that his family would turn against him when he finally comes out to them was the only thing even the least bit worrisome, and even after that issue is resolved, everyone is still NICE...ugh!!! haha Strangely enough though, the MCs really clicked, the family members were what we all wish for everyone and there was plenty of great food ...more
Well, i don't have a good timing since this book is from 2009!!!!

Great story. Kinda of a real one. Lovely slow burn book.
Oct 11, 2015 melek rated it it was amazing
sweet story about mike and wes, mike is looking for an room-mate and wes is looking for somewhere to live. But what are the chance they sort of knew each other once they have meet and since then mike has never forgot him. They start something they haven't put a name too its just a lovely story no real drama, family included coming out just nice story telling.
Dec 25, 2011 Carly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, m-m
I read the second part before this so I sort of new the characters already but it was still very nice to witness the actual story. I really liked the familial relationship and the cute twist with their siblings getting married.

Mike and Wes were such a nice match and I liked the progress of the relationship from a hook up to friendship to love.
Jan 23, 2013 Irissska rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: those who like to read about every day, every hour and minute of MC's life in details
Shelves: lgbt, gave-up
It was one of the most boring books I had read. I completed maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of it and stopped.
Sep 27, 2009 Rossy rated it it was amazing
A lovely and sugary romance.
Sep 18, 2009 Natsroshan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
3,5 precisely.
May 15, 2011 qx rated it liked it
Shelves: have
Kim marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
Spetz rated it did not like it
Sep 01, 2016
Mara marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Diane marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Emily Moore
Emily Moore rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Miguel marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Skm added it
Jun 02, 2016
Zachary rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Grevina marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Kylie rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2016
Sephony marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Scott Grunthaner
Scott Grunthaner marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Karla rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
  • You Can Leave Your Hat On
  • Survival
  • Bravo!  Brava!
  • The Carpenter and the Fairy
  • Reckless Seduction (Reckless, #1)
  • Circle of Change
  • ePistols at Dawn
  • Roughstock: Blind Ride - Season One (Roughstock, #1)
Addison Albright lives in the middle of the USA with three peculiar cats. Her stories are gay (sometimes erotic) romance, and tend to be sweet man-love in contemporary settings. Her education includes a BS in Education with a major in Mathematics and a minor in Chemistry. Addison loves spending time with her family, reading, popcorn, boating, french fries, "open window weather," cats, math, and an ...more
More about Addison Albright...

Dream Series (3 books)
  • Another Dream (Dream, #2)
  • Dreaming of You (Dream, #3)