Start by marking “Silent Night, Haunted Night (Nicki Styx, #4)” as Want to Read:
Silent Night, Haunted Night (Nicki Styx, #4)

Silent Night, Haunted Night (Nicki Styx #4)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  668 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
All I haunt for Christmas is you . . .

Joe Bascombe is no stranger to desire, but when a sexy spirit begins haunting his dreams, he finds himself ensnared by dark passions. What he doesn't realize is that the devious demon and her two sisters, otherwise known as the Three Fates, are out to teach the woman he loves a lesson . . .

Unwilling psychic Nicki Styx survived a near
Mass Market Paperback, 341 pages
Published October 27th 2009 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Silent Night, Haunted Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Night, Haunted Night

Angela  M
Dec 17, 2014 Angela M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this series. They are all light and funny, but action-packed and suprising at every turn. This book had me laughing out loud, getting mad enough to claw out the bad girls eyes, and almost in tears, all in the span of 50 pages!! Great characters that grow and change each book, and a cast of supporting characters that you can't help but fall more in love with each and every book. I can't wait for the next installment to find out what kind of trouble Nicki manages to get herself ...more
Wendy Hines
Jun 20, 2013 Wendy Hines rated it really liked it
It’s hard to get into the Christmas Cheer when the Three Fates want to steal your boyfriend.

Nicki Styx can see the dead. Over a year ago, she almost died and when she was revived, she found she could see and talk to the dead. She helps the spirits cross over into the light.

She’s been with Joe for over a year now and they’ve been through many things together that have only made their relationship stronger. But one night, Nicki is suddenly wide awake and unable to move as three faces hover over th
Melindeeloo
Nov 02, 2009 Melindeeloo rated it really liked it
Is this the end for Nikki and Joe?

A malevolent triad of spirits has their sights set on Joe and it looks like Nikki may lose him for good.

Akk! This is one stressful read, it seems like the more that Nikki tries to fight for Joe the more he slips from her grasp. But don't fear, all is not lost. Fortunately the powers of evil are balanced by the powers of good and Nikki gets a little help from an unexpected ally.

When all is said and done, and anxious ridden moments aside, I really liked Silent
Nov 15, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, 2009
Nicki Styx is such a great character! I'm a sucker for these strong feminine leads! Her great fashion sense, pink hair and sexy doctor boyfriend, Joe Bascombe, make this a wonderful addition to the series. There's nothing like Christmas to bring out the Devil, Eve and all the spirits that Nicki can handle. She almost loses Joe and we get a glimpse of her future - a daughter and four grandchildren. Her angsty relationship with Sammy only gets more complicated - we definitely haven't seen the last ...more
Tara
Nov 03, 2009 Tara rated it really liked it
Finally, I knew if I hung in there it would all be good. I really truly enjoyed this book. Even the parts that frustrated me to no end. Even though I've never met a perfect, sexy, single, straight doctor. Interestingly enough I have met a hot, straight, single, pot head, womanizing mechanic, so I guess there is something I can relate to! LOL. It kind of felt like the end of the series, and if it is, it's a great place to end it. If not, I hope the stories continue on this upward cycle.
Anna Jakson
Nov 15, 2016 Anna Jakson rated it it was amazing
Great book. Had so much fun. Reading it. I almost bit all y nails when great relationship Niky with Joe had an unexpected turn.
CriCra CriCra
Dec 29, 2012 CriCra CriCra rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Oct 31, 2010 Crystal ♥ RBtWBC rated it it was amazing
The fourth and last installment in the Nicki Styx series about the pink hair vintage goth chic who had a NDE and now sees dead people starts out with a bang!

Nicki wakes up at 3:00am to find an old lady, a beautiful women and a child floating over her bed and over hears a very strange conversation but she is unable to move or speak and falls fast asleep afterwards. Upon waking up she has to question whether it was a dream or not until the beautiful woman walks into her store that morning. Nicki i
Netha
sebenarnya nih buku mo ku kasih bintang 2 aja gara2 kebodohan si joe bascombe tapi ada the devil, samael, dengan cintanya yg tulus buat nicki yang buat aq mutusin ngasih bintang 3.

3 am nicki mendengar 3 suara dari 3 wanita. 3 suara yang tidak akan pernah dilupakannya.
3 suara yang disiang hari menjadi 3 bentuk nyata yang ternyata membawa bencana tersendiri bagi kehidupan cintanya dengan joe.

3 suara yang akhirnya diketahuinya lewat sammy/samael adalah three fates.
entah kenapa mereka begitu ingin m
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Guardandolo negli occhi, gli scompigliai i capelli con una mano e sorrisi. – Certe cose sono già stabilite, amore mio. Chi siamo noi per mettere in discussione le decisioni del destino?"

Con questo quarto volume si conclude la divertente serie sulle avventure di Nicki Styx! mi mancheranno molto tutti i personaggi che mi hanno fatto passare tante piacevoli ore di lettura (sì, persino Kelly XD) ma sono anche commossa all'idea di essere riuscita a finire una serie, considerando le infinite saghe ch
Paige
Dec 14, 2012 Paige rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own, 2012-books
SILENT NIGHT, HAUNTED NIGHT was pretty heart stopping at moments. I really felt the pain and frustration that went with this plot.

This time, Nicki has angered the Dark side with her constant interference and her weakness she’s causing in the Devil. Now she is up against a Selene, aka Lilith (who got Sammy and herself kicked out of heaven) who wants her man’s attention by any means necessary.

Selene disguises her way into Joe’s life. Despite her warnings, it only drives her and Joe farther apart
Christi Snow
Aug 23, 2011 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing
My Review:
Whew! This was a tough book, but absolutely fantastic. Serious issues for Nicki & Joe in this one which made it so hard to read. Heartbreak. Frustration. Disillusionment. Both Nicki & Joe run the whole gamut of emotions in this book, as Joe is the one dealing with temptation and for the first time in the series, questioning Nicki and what she's telling him as truth.

Poor Joe has had to deal with some crazy things in this series so far, but his faith to Nicki has been unwavering.
Elizabeth
Feb 03, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
I liked this book more than #1 and #2, and probably about the same as #3.

First thing, there’s not near enough Sammy. He is far and away my favorite character, and he doesn’t appear until near the end of the book. But what little page time he has is really interesting, especially because we get to find out more about his backstory.

Kelly is still in Savannah, which is great because I still think she’s annoying. She mostly pops up to further Nicki’s knowledge of the supernatural, which is good pl
Vickie
Dec 27, 2009 Vickie rated it it was amazing
Lately I haven't been starting a new to me series in the middle, but I wanted to read a good holiday paranormal read. I've heard really good things about this one and the first in the series is on the WWBL anyway, so gave it a go...and glad I am I did.
I would have passed this book right on by as I sometimes do judge a book by its cover and the cover is deceiving as the book is not about a bare-chested hottie, rather about Nicki Styx and her hottie (possibly sometimes bare-chested) beau, Dr Joe
Chinablue_25 West Bostedor
Dec 21, 2009 Chinablue_25 West Bostedor rated it really liked it
Great book! I love the series! Nicki Styx can see dead people after a near death experience due to a heart defect. When she died for the few minutes that she did she got a taste of heaven and God telling her it wasn't her time yet and to do unto others as she will have done onto her. So then all of a sudden she is back and seeing dead people who have unfinished business and need to be lead to the light. There are some darker spirits who don't appreciate all this do gooding that Nicki is doing, ...more
Darcy
Dec 25, 2009 Darcy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009, pnr, ghosts
Things look great in Nikki's life right now. She has a good relationship with her newly found family, store is going great with best friend, and things are great with boyfriend, or at least they are until the forces that be decide to step in and screw with her life.

A petty grudge throws Nikki's life in turmoil leaving her to deal with Joe and his perceived notion that she has little sympathy for what he deals with in his patients, while he puts up with her crazy ghost stuff all the time.

Nikki k
Cher
Apr 16, 2011 Cher rated it really liked it
White Picket  Fence
Feb 01, 2013 White Picket Fence rated it it was amazing
Conclusion books always make me kind of sad. Throughout the years that it took me to read the Nicki Styx books i have grown incredibly close to Nicki and Joe. They went through some really tough times. But for me seeing their love endure all of the ghosts and demons really made the series.

There is nothing better than a strong and competent heroine to light up the pages of a romantic/ urban fantasy novel. Nicki's strong personality is probably one of the main things that causes her to get into s
Dharia Scarab
May 08, 2015 Dharia Scarab rated it it was ok
Maybe if I'd read the series from the beginning it would have been better, but having the plot thrown in your face in the first chapter was too much. I just could not stay interested.

2 stars... This book was not very good, and I won't be re
Hermioneginny
In piena notte Nicki si sveglia e vede tre volti sopra il letto, quelli di una bambina, di una donna bellissima e di un'anziana. Il giorno dopo la donna entra nel suo negozio, e poco dopo l'anziana sta male e viene soccorsa da Joe. Nicki pensa subito che ci sia qualcosa di strano - e soprannaturale - in loro, ma Joe non ci crede e la loro storia si fa sempre più difficile...

Forse un po' meno carino degli altri, si salva la fine. Certo che scoprire l'identità della donna...è stato quasi come scop
Michele
Jun 06, 2011 Michele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With every one of Ms Garey's book that I read I proclaim this is my favorite one, only to read the next one and have it become my favorite. But, honestly if I am going to nit pick and I am, I would say get rid of Joe and bring in someone else. I DO NOT LIKE JOE!!! Yes Nicki loves Joe, and Joe supposedly loves Joe but I just don't get the vibe.

I love the chemistry between Nicki and pretty much all of the characters and she takes her lot in life as well as can be expected. I totally get how she fe
Paris
Oct 25, 2011 Paris rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
This was yet another chapter in the semi-fluffy paranormal romance world of Nikki Styx and her boyfriend Dr. Joe Bascombe. The book featured most of the major players from the previous books, but dealt more with someone out to get Nikki and Joe then with Nikki sending people towards the light. There was only one spirit Nikki had to help and even though it was tied to the larger story, the entire thing seemed trivial compared to everything else that was going on.

It wasn’t the best, but it also wa
Erika Zini - Wonderful Monster
Ultimo libro per la serie di Nicki Stix, quarto e ultimo scoppiettante volume dedicato alla ragazza che è tornata indietro dalla morte con un dono: vedere e sentire i morti. Ma attenzione, potrebbe sembrare una bella cosa se non fosse che il Diavolo si è invaghito proprio di lei e, soprattutto, non ha nessuna voglia di cederla ad alcun umano…
Susan
Nov 09, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, 2012
I really enjoyed this series. So much so that I usually lost track of time while reading, which is a good thing.

I was proven wrong (thank goodness) in that Joe was not just window dressing nor did Sammy completely disappear. So nice to have each character be an important part of the story.

From the ending it looks like this one wraps things up. If so, I'll sorely miss Nicki and her group of friends. But, I'm looking forward to starting the next one, starring that handsome devil, Sammy!
Chrissy
Sep 04, 2013 Chrissy rated it liked it
This is not the first book in the series, might be the third, but I enjoyed it enough to want to go back and read the earlier ones. Not my usual type of book - paranormal romance, but I can dig it. Nicki is a young woman who nearly died of heart failure. A sexy doctor saved her and they fell in love - and since her near death, Nicki sees dead people. In this book she is tormented by a trio of scary women out to get her and haunted by a sad suicide ghost.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Mar 04, 2012 Rachel- Goodbye Borders rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
Where to start? I am pleasantly surprised that Sammy (after that last book, I had hoped he was gone for good) redeemed himself and made me like him. I felt Joe got off way too easy. He didn't seem sincere enough (to my tastes). A decent close to the series. My favorite remains book 2 A Match Made in Hell.
Dena
We all wish for special in our lives: special someone, special job, special children, and so forth. That's who I could understand the allure of Selene and Sammy. However I agreed with Nicki that they did belong to each other and Sammy was right there is a thin line between love and hate. Nicki has that tie to Joe and each needs to step back and analyze the situation before acting. This was a great series and I enjoyed it.
Moondance
Dec 19, 2011 Moondance rated it really liked it
Enjoyable addition to the Nicki Styx series. The Fates visit Nicki in the night and then appear in human form the following day. Friction developes between Nicki and Joe as they see the maiden, mother and crone differently. A tortured soul runs from the Dark at Nicki's urging and creates more chaos in her life. Throw in an angry teenager, an overly friendly mechanic and Sammy/Satan for a quick read. 4 stars
Sherry
Cute,easy paranormal romance mystery.
Something about this book really bothers me.
THE COVER!!! Who is that?? Can't be Joe. This is the fourth book in the series. Why put a photo on the cover? We already have our ideal of what Joe looks like. Let me just say it's not that man.ugh!
And his outfit? He's a doctor he would not wear that!!! This guy hangs out with Nicki and Evan. NO,NO, they would not approve!! What on earth were they thinking when they did this????? TSK TSK!
Nima
Jun 17, 2014 Nima rated it liked it
Joe ruined this book for me. I kept wondering why Nicki stays with him. At every turn he questions the validity of her abilities. I understand that he was under duress in this book, but I couldn't help wondering if Nicki is mentally defective to stay with this guy. I gave it three stars and am hopeful that in future books he will be the kind of guy she needs to survive the world she now inhabits.
Excerpt available 1 4 Feb 04, 2010 04:17PM
  • Dead Man Talking (Pepper Martin, #5)
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • Ghouls Gone Wild (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #4)
  • Torn (The Blood Lily Chronicles, #2)
  • Syphon's Song (Mayflower Mages, #1)
  • Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)
  • Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2)
  • Revenant (Zoe Martinique, #4)
  • Hot Mama (Bigtime, #2)
  • Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #2.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5)
  • A Tale of Two Djinns
  • Doomsday Can Wait (Phoenix Chronicles, #2)
  • Beyond Fearless (Beyond, #2)
  • Dragon Unmasked (Earth Magic #2)
A Southern girl with an overactive imagination, Terri Garey writes award-winning and critically-acclaimed urban fantasy. Her novels have been described as "smoldering" by Publishers Weekly, and "sultry and upbeat" by Library Journal. Even though she's a big scaredy-cat who can't watch horror movies or visit haunted houses, she loves moonlit graveyards, moss-covered headstones and the idea that ...more
More about Terri Garey...

Nicki Styx (5 books)
  • Dead Girls Are Easy (Nicki Styx, #1)
  • A Match Made in Hell (Nicki Styx, #2)
  • You're the One That I Haunt (Nicki Styx, #3)
  • Happily Never After (Nicki Styx, #5)