Start by marking “Over The Edge” as Want to Read:
Over The Edge

Over The Edge (Troubleshooters #3)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  9,473 Ratings  ·  290 Reviews
For Lieutenant Teri Howe, one of the best helicopter pilots in the naval reserves, nothing stands in the way of her passion for flying--until a past mistake surfaces, jeopardizing everything she's worked for. Senior Chief Stan Wolchonok has made a career of tackling difficult challenges, so it's no surprise when he comes to Teri's aid, knowing that his personal code of hon ...more
Audio, Unabridged -
Published August 6th 2009 by AudioGo (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Over The Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over The Edge

Keri
I can see why this made AAR Top 100 and it was a really good read for me as well. I am not going to give it 5 stars, it does get 4.75, because of some issues I had about the book. I loved Stan and Teri as a couple and thought that they had some real heat on paper. I haven’t read the first two books and I am going to go back and remedy that, before I proceed with the rest of the series. Curse you OCD! I won’t go into great details because of course all my friends had already found this great read ...more
Jonetta
This is the most exciting story in the series to date. Loved getting to know the members SEAL Team Sixteen and how so many separate stories were woven expertly into one great one. Well done.
Shawna
Robin
Mar 10, 2016 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was supposed to be a training mission to a tropical island. When Senior Chief Stan Wolchonok requested that Pilot Teri Howell be part of the Navy SEALs training operation, he thought she would get to fly the helicopters and have some much needed time to relax and get away from a man who is harassing her. Instead, a plane carrying a Senator’s daughter is hijacked in Kazbekistan and SEALs Team Sixteen is called into action. As Stan and his team work with the FBI hostage negotiators and local po ...more
Tina
Aug 18, 2008 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sr. Chief Stan Wolchonok, SEAL team 16's own Mr. Fix-It, witnesses Teri Howe (one of the best pilots in the Naval Reserves) being sexually harassed and wonders why she doesn't deck the guy? It turns out, Teri has a problem with assertiveness. So Stan takes it upon himself to work with Teri on assertiveness training. And even though he is madly in love/lust with her himself, he also undertakes to fix her up with a nice young man who can treat her well.

In the meantime, a group of terrorists, hijac
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Stan and Teri were such a cute couple. I loved Stan from the beginning. It saddened me that he thought he was ugly. In my head I can't picture him as ugly because he was such a cool guy. I enjoyed the bond and the chemistry between Stan and Teri, and how they saw each other deeper than anyone else did. It was interesting how Stan was trying to flee from Teri and his attraction to her, and she was the one chasing him. Out of the Team 16 couples, they are one of my favorites.

The Sam and Alyssa pa
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
I loved Over The Edge - great addition to the Troubleshooters series! I'm a huge fan of the many intricately woven plot lines and once again, I found myself fascinated with the unique, flawless way this author weaves detailed backstories into her present day stories. I always feel like I'm sitting at the knee of some master storyteller as the backstories unfold. I enjoy the easy and accurate way this author delivers every detail, both past & present. She weaves needed information right into ...more
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
I was already enjoying this series but this instalment knocked it out of the park. Loved it. Suzanne Brockmann is a master storyteller as she skilfully weaves the threads of three stories together for an awesome reading experience. (Can you tell I liked it, LOL)

Although the pairing of Senior Chief Stan Wolchonok and Helo Pilot Teri Howe was the featured storyline and was great it is the ongoing drama with Lt Roger "Sam" Starrett and FBI sharpshooter Alycia Locke that has got me totally hooked. D
Raquel
Aug 06, 2016 Raquel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hacía tiempo que no me enganchaba tanto con un libro.
La autora mantiene la estructura de los dos libros anteriores, pareja protagonista, secundarios y flasbacks de la IIGM, en los anteriores esta interacción, a veces, llegaba a lastar la evolución de la trama pero en éste las historias se entrelazan sin que decaiga la acción en ningún momento y facilitan el avance de la acción.
La historia de los protagonistas la he disfrutado mucho, el Senior Chief se ha quedado con un trocito de mi memoria lect
ElaineY
REVIEW OF AUDIOBOOK, NOV 2, 2013: 5 STARS
Narrator: Laura Hicks
Length: 14 hours 42 mins

The Story: This installment was one of my favorite Troubleshooters when I read it 10 years ago but Stan and Teri were never memorable. I recall loving this book because of Max and Gina and the hijacking thread. I found it suspenseful, not bogged down in the technical details, which can get convoluted if the author wants to make the rescue sound authentic. Here, Brockmann keeps the focus squarely on the subtle b
Shy Di
Mar 20, 2013 Shy Di rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, L.T., Senior Chief, and Nils get their happy ever after and Sam & Lys get's screwed, wtf?!

This series is full of suspense, love, misery...miserable love?! lol jk I love it! I'm only continuing with this the Troubleshooters because I'm hoping Lys and Sam finding their happy ever after...together, with each other, please!!!

Oh and a P.S. to the author, what the heck is with thrashing my Jarheads in your series? Yes, that is starting to get to me, but aside from that, these books are (in S
Wendy
Mar 15, 2016 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: may-12, mar-16
Loved this book just as much the 2nd time around!
Lady Allison
Aug 09, 2011 Lady Allison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a good SUSPENSEFUL romance
Oh my LORD, this book was intense. I can't stop thinking about it.

This is the third book in Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series & I'm officially addicted. There were the multiple plots & POVs again, but after I decided to skip the historical POV (not that it's not interesting! Just too distracting from the rest of the story) I could hardly put it down.

The main story is about a 747 that is hijacked by terrorists. The reason they chose that plane was because it had a U.S. Senator's
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
A new audio version released 9/15/14 narrated by Patrick Lawlor and Melanie Ewbank.
Started listening and loving both the story and narration. One of my favorite Brockmann's, it's a delight to have great narrators. Much prefer to the Laura Hicks version (below).

Unabridged audiobook version - review from Speaking of Audiobooks 7/19/09 column:
Narrated by Laura Hicks
Only recently released in MP3 format, this 2001 romantic suspense is one of my most loved Brockmann books. My first impression was the
Bnice
I absolutely loved this book! Its my first read with this author and she had me all up in the book, anticipating the outcomes of all these lovely service men and women couples wheew! Who would have known all this action takes place in and off the battle field! My, my, my..like Wildcard said in the book, this mission is like the LOVEBOAT or something hahaha so true.
This book is what I needed to get my READING MOJO back, well thats what I call it..I'm so ready for the next book or at least to con
Ruthie
H-Stan (Senior Cheif)
h-Teri Teri Howe

2H-Sam
2h-Alyssa

2nd story line - Helga (present day & past history), Marte, Annabet, Hershel

Others-Max, Jules, Des, Gina & friends, Helga & Marta's parents, Lt. Paoletti, all the Troubleshooters.

Book 3 in the Troubleshooters series

I really enjoy SB's writing, she simply keeps me intrigued throughout each book. This is a series that, to get the most enjoyment from, must be read in order. I'm reading the series a 2nd time at this point but when I was
Cheryl Meares
I really enjoyed Teri and Stan's story. Becoming friends who are thrown into a rescue mission tests their desires for each other. This was a pretty good page turner. You will al so see Sam and Alyssa in this book and meet some new friends as well.

Sexy, lots of action, great characters with lots of personality. If you read any of the Troubleshooters series you MUST read them all. I high recommend it.
Karen ♐
Another fantastic book in this series. I love how the three stories intertwine together toward the end. Great romance and suspense. Love Sam and Alyssa. Can't wait to read on in the series for more of their story. (I hope!)
Jane Stewart
I was willing to keep reading in hopes it would get better but it didn’t. It fizzled - air going out of a balloon.

STORY BRIEF WITH SOME OPINION:
There are about six stories being told. Three of them are romantic relationships. Two of these have sad endings. The main romance has a happy ending.

Teri is a young helicopter pilot who has been sexually harassed at work. She has trouble standing up for herself. Stan is a 39-year-old SEAL who tries to help her. He fixes her up with a nice young man Mike,
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Shelly
Aug 07, 2014 Shelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It's been a while since I've read/listened to this book, but I am glad I read it again. Well, listened to it again, lol. This is a really heart-wrenching book, in so many ways, but I like books that dig below the surface and really show the characters under a spotlight, good, bad, or indifferent. I want to see it all! Over the Edge does not disappoint in the angst, that's for sure!

First, there's the main couple, Stan and Teri. It's so obvious Sr. Chief Stan has a huge crush on LT Teri, and how s
Anita
Apr 09, 2013 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
The first thing I have to say is: do not read these books out of order. The stories just get better and more intense as the series continues. In my opinion, they are not good stand alones, the stories are so much better when you have the history of the supporting characters from the previous books. The second thing is WOW!! These books just keep getting better and better. I did not see the end to this one and I am blown away.

There are at least four plots going at the same time and it can be a l
Amanda
This is the third book revolving around the elite SEAL Team 16 Troubleshooter squad. I haven't got around to read the prior two book yet, because the Chief Stanley Wolchonok's character caught my interest and I directly jump to Book 3. In order to develop up the characters for her upcoming book in the series, Brockmann included a few subplot on secondary character such a Ken Kamody, Sam Starrett and Mike Muldoon.

Chief Stanley Wolchonok aka 'Stan' had a reputation of being the fixer of all proble
Wendy F
This was definitely the best Troubleshooters book so far. Okay, so granted I've only read three, but by far this one had the most adrenaline pumping action and breath stealing romance. AND, I think it has my favorite romance heroine (not including Claire Beauchamp Randall Fraser), Gina.

Gina was awesome! What she went through, what she risked by her actions, it was so admirable. I can not WAIT for her book! (Max was pretty damn hot too!)

Stan and Teri were really sweet. I will admit that most of m
Lara
May 30, 2016 Lara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La Brockmann si conferma brava nel scrivere storie complesse tra presente e passsato, ho amato Helga e i suoi tuffi nel passato..... Teri é una donna forte dai trascorsi difficili ma che sa lottare per ciò che vuole e lo fa fino alla fine.... Stan é un testone e ci vuole tenacia molta tenacia..... e poi ritroviamo Sam e Alyssa..... cavolo gliene sta facendo passare di cotte e di crude, anche se la storia mi puzza :P
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★
4 Stars!

Man Oh Man This Is A Sweet 4 Star Read~ It Has Nail Biting Suspense and a Sweet Love Story(s) Intertwined. In a WWII Subplot That, ALWAYS blends well and gives additional BLISS TO A WONDERFUL ENDING.

After closing this book I Find That~I'm Am Hooked On This Series Now I Will Have To Read Them All....In Order...Wildcard and Max are one of the few I also fell in love with in this book/series? Terry and Stan were freaking adorable.Sam and Alyssa I love them to BUT, Gosh..What Happen... So N
Mareli
Jan 07, 2012 Mareli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another very good one! This book was really packed with so many stories I'm amazed the author had managed to get out so brilliantly with everything. Obviously, the ending of this book leaves me with an aching heart for Vita, who got the worst part of the deal. Poor little girl, so courageous and so hurt. But I've already checked and she deserved a book for herself and I cannot wait for it.

Another sad point was what's happened between Sam and Alyssa. I think that they did many mistakes and now th
Martha
This is a complex, involved story centering on the men of the Navy SEAL Team Sixteen Troubleshooters Squad. There is an airplane hijacking, a tense hostage situation, and a group of very skilled, very dedicated men and women working very hard to rescue the innocent passengers trapped on the airplane.

There are several love stories going on throughout this book, including a flashback story-within-the-story about the Holocaust in Denmark during World War II.

This is a gripping, emotional story.

Wendy
This is one of my top SB troubleshooters books. I loved every minute of it. Teri and Stan are wonderful charactersn that you come to really love and respect. the side story of the hijacked 747 is intense and heartbreaking in spots. I love the way that Brockmann writes. She writes with passion and humor that we can all relate to. I also enjoyed the WWII side story that is included here. She sometimes includes these stories that are definately real and engageing. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
  • To the Brink (The Bodyguards, #3)
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Crazy Cool (Steele Street, #2)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Troubleshooters (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1)
  • The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters, #2)
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
  • Into the Night (Troubleshooters, #5)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
  • Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8)
  • Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)
  • Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, #10)
  • Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)

“He wanted to wake up to her smile every day for the rest of his life, like some stupid coffee commercial on TV.” 14 likes
“Damn, this op has been like a fucking Love Boat episode.” 11 likes