Start by marking “United in Hate: The Left's Romance with Tyranny and Terror” as Want to Read:
United in Hate: The Left's Romance with Tyranny and Terror

United in Hate: The Left's Romance with Tyranny and Terror

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  59 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
United in Hate analyzes the Left's contemporary romance with militant Islam as a continuation of the Left's love affair with communist totalitarianism in the twentieth century. Just as the Left was drawn to the communist killing machines of Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Castro, so too it is now attracted to radical Islam.Both the radical Left and radical Islam possess a ...more
Published March 3rd 2009 by WND Books (first published February 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about United in Hate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about United in Hate

Brian
Mar 24, 2009 Brian rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
The most ambitious chapter in this book is #2 where Glazov attempts to explain why the Leftist is the way he is. And his argument rests on these pillars: the believer is alienated from his society, he fantasizes about creating a perfect society in its place, he lacks meaning in life that frustrates him from establishing real and lasting interpersonal relationships, and he rejects the basic reality of the human condition that human beings are flawed and selfish.

He writes "The believer...is comple
Gary
Aug 11, 2012 Gary rated it it was amazing
I have often wondered with both genuine puzzlement and rage, why the radical Left seems to have vigorously supported every murderous tyranny on the face of the earth, providing it is anti-Western.
It has always been galling and sickening how left wing radicals have had no humanity towards anyone who was a victim of the totalitarian regimes or bloodthirsty terrorist movements that they have supported over the last century.
The shameful death cult odyssey that has lead left wing radicals of the inte
Jay
Jan 29, 2015 Jay rated it liked it
I didn't need a book to tell me that the American Left is essentially a death cult--their embrace of abortion and euthanasia, and apparent eagerness to destroy Judeo-Christian capitalist culture, already convinced me of that long ago. But this well-researched and persuasively written volume by PhD historian Jamie Glazov looks more deeply into the psychology of _why_ leftists so hate the culture and nations that give them freedom and opportunity, and instead flock to support the bloodiest regimes ...more
Lynne
Dec 02, 2010 Lynne rated it really liked it
Fascinating theories on why those on the far left think and behave the way they do. The ideas ring true and make sense, even when applied to more moderate progressives. A worthy read for those of all political stripes.
William F
Dec 26, 2015 William F rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unable to find meaning in life, many of the ‘Left’ find meaning in death. They strive to fill the void in their life with causes. Since our society no longer needs to struggle for food each day, they are a ‘lost’ group, finding a new purpose to live for. We are no longer taught to live our life for God, to mimic Jesus in out actions, to practice self-denial or to put the needs of other first. As our society slowly eases restrictions on deviant behaviors more will need to find fulfillment by dyin ...more
eliezer d lugo jr
Why hasn't more folks read this book? It's sure to open the eyes of those liberal's in Washington.

This is one book I recommend for all of humanity to read. Highly informative and to the point. American will only survive if it learns the lessons of this book.
Петър Стойков
Къде що има някакво диктаторче, което се заканва на Америка, левичарите по цял свят му се възхищават...

Прочети цялото ревю: http://kaka-cuuka.com/knigi/obedineni...
that cute little red-eyed kitten
It's been a few years since I read this, after a friend insisted. I remember I found it pretty off: Where I think other critics of the political Left, like Nick Cohen or Christopher Hitchens, know their subject, I get the impression that Glazov doesn't really know the Left very well. He makes no difference between, say, the large European social democratic parties and feverish Maoists, which makes the whole book a bit difficult to take seriously. Still, there is no denying that you'll find a lot ...more
RJ Wit
Sep 08, 2015 RJ Wit rated it really liked it
It's a possible explanation for the left's infatuation with violent regimes, from communist Russia to the islam. If it wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious, seeing how the people that would repress them the most (remember, leftist regimes love killing intellectuals) get the most praise from the left.
Milena
Jan 16, 2011 Milena rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Не е лоша, обаче не и особено добра.
Sharon Williams
Sharon Williams rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Derek Orrino
Derek Orrino marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Christopher
Christopher rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Jennifer Verner
Jennifer Verner rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Ben Hourigan
Ben Hourigan marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Charles Migoya
Charles Migoya marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Sheikh Tajamul
Sheikh Tajamul rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Andre Jonsson
Andre Jonsson rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Devon
Devon marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Two Readers in Love
Two Readers in Love rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Mythack
Mythack marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Bart Christensen
Bart Christensen marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Gayle Noble
Gayle Noble marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Gary
Gary rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Nicholas
Nicholas marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Di
Di marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
LVRichardson
LVRichardson is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2015
Gareth
Gareth marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Jennifer Prestridge
Jennifer Prestridge rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2015