Start by marking “Bedtime For Button” as Want to Read:
Bedtime For Button

Bedtime For Button

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A soothing bedtime story about the day Button was born.

Button is a little bear with a big worry. He's afraid he's going to have a bad dream when he fall asleep. Luckily Daddy Bear knows just what to do to make sure Button has sweet dreams. He tells Button a wonderful story about a very special day - the day he was born.

Published April 15th 2009 by Orchard Books

To ask other readers questions about Bedtime For Button, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedtime For Button

Felicity The Magnificent
Button was ready for sleep time because he had such a busy day. He went to sleep and he remembered the day his sisters and he were playing together. And then that was the first time he saw the big scary tree bear. And then Button called his Mommy and Daddy. And then they stayed for a long time and then his Daddy stayed longer. And then his Daddy told him the day he was born. - by Felicity
MissInformation
Gentle story of a little bear afraid to go to sleep because there might be scary dreams. Father bear recounts the positive events of the first day baby bear was born, and how he went peacefully to sleep-"just like tonight." No the strongest ending, but very reassuring tone. Suitable for quiet Story Time.

Very cute paint and pastel illustrations.
Library Quine
This book is titled "Just Like Tonight" in the UK.
Button the bear cub has fears about the dreams he'll have when he goes to sleep. The Daddy bear talks about Button's early days and how peacefully the baby Button slept. This loving chat has just the right effect on Button. Charming and loving with adorable pictures.
Anna
Grades: K-3

This book is sweet and the pictures are cute. This book would be good for a discussion about routine or perhaps a unit of family history. This is a good book to encourage parents to read to their own chidlren before bed.
Melanie
It's Buttons' bedtime but he's not sure if he'll have good dreams or not. So Button's father tells Button about the day he was born. This gives Button a good thing to think about before falling asleep.
C
I read this in Spanish as Botón Dormilión, but it doesn't seem to be in the GoodReads database in that versions. It is cute, good Spanish practice for me.
Meghan
A sweet story with lovely illustrations and an overall "classic" bedtime story feel. I think young ones would happily put this in their bedtime rotation.
Tam
May 26, 2011 Tam rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: bedtime
I'm not sure why but my 4-year-old wasn't interested in this story once we started it. The pictures are cute, the story is average.
Molly
Nothing wrong with it just another story about a bear who might have nigtmares. It is fine nothing that wows me but it is ok. Ages 2+
Ashley
Sherry
Sherry added it
Apr 28, 2013
John
John marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Rabbit Ears No Babysitters Allowed Little By Little I'm Big Enough Too Small for My Big Bed: Sleep Tight in Your Own Bed Tonight!