Start by marking “Linen, Wool, Cotton: 25 Simple Projects to Sew with Natural Fabrics” as Want to Read:
Linen, Wool, Cotton: 25 Simple Projects to Sew with Natural Fabrics

Linen, Wool, Cotton: 25 Simple Projects to Sew with Natural Fabrics

Sewing with all-natural fabrics can make an incredible difference in the quality of the items we make, with a look and feel that provides the ultimate in comfort. The twenty-five simple sewing projects in this book offer home accessories made from linen, wool, and cotton, from durable linen aprons to cozy wool blankets and washable cotton lunch bags.

This book is full of b
Published April 14th 2009 by Roost Books

To ask other readers questions about Linen, Wool, Cotton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Linen, Wool, Cotton

Molly
Aug 27, 2010 Molly rated it liked it
Shelves: sewing-crafts
I have always liked Shambala Publications, and every book I have read, so far, by their artsy imprint, Trumpeter Books (e.g. The Creative Family) I have liked.

This book is no exception. I, like the author, love linen, cotton, and wool. They are ancient, ancient fabrics and sewing and working with them ties us back to ancient Egypt, long ago Scotland, and early America, respectively.

The photos are very zen, very light, and airy. If a sewing book has poor photography, buy beware, say I!

I love her
Tonileg
Nov 03, 2012 Tonileg rated it liked it
25 Simple projects to sew with natural fabrics by Akiko Mano.
List of possible projects in the book is the follow:
Linen: Sarong Apron, Handkerchief, slouch Bag, hand towel, wastebasket Cover, Duvet cover, pillowcases, dish towels, fruit bag, apron.
Wool: Muffler, socks, Mary Jane slippers, blanket, hot water bottle cover, lap blanket and Messenger bag.
Cotton: Jumper, hanging Pockets, Floor mat, small bag, sweets mat, lingerie case, lunch bag, parent/child bags.
Plus there is a simple guide to cross
Lauren
Jun 10, 2013 Lauren rated it liked it
As someone else said in their review this book is more aesthetically pleasing than something I am actually going to sew the patterns from.

It feels clean, minimalist, and very zen. I love the color pallet and the hand drawn illustrations for the step by step. It's everything I want in a craft book except I probably wont actually make anything! It mostly made me want to make delicate tone on tone embroidered handkerchiefs.
Sylvia
Oct 17, 2013 Sylvia rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, how-to
This book is beautiful, though the one thing I wanted to make has a mistake in the instructions! If you try to make the carryall bag as well, watch out for the length of the straps. They are not 13"! You'll have to make them longer than the top band of the bag in order for it to fit properly.
Phoebe
Jun 15, 2011 Phoebe rated it liked it
Shelves: crafttastic
Beautiful, soothing sense of mood and tone. The essays, though interesting as a concept, were rather dry and I wasn't sure their purpose. I haven't yet tried a project -I suspect, as a non-experienced-sewer, I won't find the projects as quite as easy as they appear. We shall see!
Morag
Jul 08, 2014 Morag rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book. The projects are simple and elegant and the short essays throughout inspiring. I have done many of the projects and have always been happy. The images are beautiful too. Sometimes i just flip through it. Would highly recommend it.
Eling
Sep 08, 2010 Eling rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
lovely book, full of inspiration. not enough words for me to really count as a book read, but a great reference.
Kweli
Jan 05, 2010 Kweli rated it it was amazing
I am loving this book. Just started sewing again, and this book has introduced me to the use of natural fabrics and the "upcycling" of re-purposing quailty garments I already own.
Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)
I was so excited about this book until I saw that the only thing I cared to recreate was the Mary Jane slippers.
Megan Laidlaw
Megan Laidlaw rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Shelly
Shelly rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2010
Feb 06, 2010
Mckinley
Oct 23, 2011 Mckinley rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft, non-fiction, sew
Simple patterns. Like choice of fabrics
Melinda Kelly
Melinda Kelly rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Nicko
Nicko rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2013
sandie kantanunkam
sandie kantanunkam rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Patty
Patty rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2013
Il gomitolo dietro l'angolo
Il gomitolo dietro l'angolo rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2014
Mari
Mari rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2009
Amy Dame
Amy Dame rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2010
Taylor Dotson
Taylor Dotson rated it did not like it
Dec 05, 2011
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2014
Aldene
Aldene rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
victoria stevenson
victoria stevenson rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Miss Construed
Miss Construed rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2014
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Sew Liberated: 20 Stylish Projects for the Modern Sewist
  • Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby: 20 Easy Projects for Newborns to Toddlers
  • Sew U: The Built by Wendy Guide to Making Your Own Wardrobe
  • Zakka Sewing: 25 Japanese Projects for the Household
  • Design-It-Yourself Clothes: Patternmaking Simplified
  • Weekend Sewing: More Than 40 Projects and Ideas for Inspired Stitching
  • The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook
  • Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts
  • Bend the Rules with Fabric: Fun Sewing Projects with Stencils, Stamps, Dye, Photo Transfers, Silk Screening, and More
  •  Cute Dolls
  • Sewing Green: Projects and Ideas for Stitching with Organic, Repurposed, and Recycled Fabrics
  • Sew What! Skirts: 16 Simple Styles You Can Make with Fabulous Fabrics
  • Denyse Schmidt Quilts: 30 Colorful Quilt and Patchwork Projects
  • Simple Modern Sewing: 8 Basic Patterns to Create 25 Favorite Garments
  • Sew Everything Workshop
  • I Love Patchwork
  • Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing
  • Chic & Simple Sewing: Skirts, Dresses, Tops, and Jackets for the Modern Seamstress