Start by marking “Spot's Birthday Party” as Want to Read:
Spot's Birthday Party

Spot's Birthday Party (Spot the Dog)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The bestselling puppy is better than ever. Spot's 25th birthday presents are bold, beautiful color covers that give him a great new look. Enjoy Spot in paperback with full-color covers and traditional Lift-the-Flap features. Have more fun with Spot!

Published May 12th 2003 by Warne (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Spot's Birthday Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spot's Birthday Party

David
Spot's Birthday Party (Spot the Dog) by Eric Hill shows us a hide-and seek game that ends in Spot's birthday celebration in this lift-the-flap book. Hill's illustrations feature Spot's animal friends: alligator, bear, snake, hippo, penguins, lion, monkey, Sally, and turtle. My favorite images are curtain, cupboard, coats, closet, and final picture.

Spot's hide-and-seek search makes this party fun for readers and listeners, with appealing animals and interactive lift-the-flap format. Position wor...more
Sarah Adamson
We love all the Spot books. This is a favourite as Spot plays hide and seek with all his friends and celebrates his birthday. This is an unusual book in the series as it stars so many of the other characters including some unique appearances eg by lion and snake.
Rubi Herrera
It was okay...
Maybe I'd like it more if I was a child. Hide-and-seek is a fun game, and I know I loved opening those flips as a kid, but I just don't see the point in the story :/
The Book Box
Sep 22, 2014 The Book Box added it
Shelves: own
Mama read this aloud to me. This book was a gift from my mom's friends and her two sons! They sent a HUGE box of books, and I can't wait to read the rest.
Ilze
Another one of Leonie's favourites, and then only because they learnt how to sing "Happy Birthday" at school!
jacky
I liked this one the best of the three we took out of the library because the flaps are all a game of hide and seek. We got these out of the library for Natalie because they have flaps. She doesn't seem to like them as much as Open the Barn Door, but it maybe because we haven't sat and read them the same and that the flaps are different.
Emily Augustus --Louisville KY
This is a good book for my younger students. It is a fun way for them to use and understand position words. It also helps them to learn about different animals.
Den
A favourite of my children when they were toddlers.
Jessie
Is it even possible to dislike a Spot book?
Louis Cleary
i wish my birthday party was as good as that
Trent Mayes
Best book ever :)
Sue
Sue added it
Sep 23, 2014
Misty Casiano
Misty Casiano marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Lily
Lily added it
Sep 10, 2014
Christopher Maxwell
Christopher Maxwell marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Jul 09, 2014
Zane
Zane added it
Jul 08, 2014
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.
More about Eric Hill...
Where's Spot? (Picture Puffin - Lift-the-flap book) Spot Goes to the Farm Spot Loves His Daddy Spot Goes to School (color) Spot Goes to the Beach (color)