Start by marking “Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1)

Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga #1)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  47,424 Ratings  ·  905 Reviews

After years of independence, Cameron had to learn to live with his brothers again, while he struggled with cooking, cleaning, and cari
Mass Market Paperback, 330 pages
Published January 1st 1998 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Sea Swept, please sign up.

Nic The Witness is my personal favorite - so much so that I buy all the used copies I see at the library to give away to any of my friends who are looking…moreThe Witness is my personal favorite - so much so that I buy all the used copies I see at the library to give away to any of my friends who are looking for a new book to read.

I also really enjoyed Tribute.

If you're looking for or are open to something a little odd, her In Death series is absolutely wonderful with a good mix of dark content and levity.(less)
Trish Butler The suspense in this story is really spread over all four books. You don't get all the answers until then.
Bet Me by Jennifer CrusieCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Best Ever Contemporary Romance Books
53rd out of 3,267 books — 6,858 voters
Vision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
14th out of 238 books — 1,167 voters

More lists with this book...

Jul 28, 2008 jenjn79 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance readers / Nora Roberts fans
What is it about Nora Roberts' Quinn brothers that makes them so special? They're rough and tumble, they swear a lot, they like to be in charge, they're all good-looking. But I think it's the fact that they were once all troubled boys who were saved by two good people who instilled in them a sense of family, love, and loyalty that lasted even when they were grown and their adopted parents gone.

Sea Swept tells the story of the first of those boys, Cameron. He was the first troubled boy that Ray a
DNF for the second time. At least now I reached almost 90% before giving up:) It's not bad, but I really can't get over the heroine screwing one of her 'cases' -very unprofessional & unethical- and the complete lack of tension between them. Not sexual tension, there was tons of that, but conflict. I mean, it's a story of boy meets girl, girl likes boy, they start dating, having sex and then realizing it was more serious than they first thought. No problems, no big fights, no differences betw ...more
Aug 31, 2015 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Contemporary Romance w/Family Drama
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Until now, I had never read a Nora Robert's book. Yeah, I know, how can I, a self-proclaimed romance junkie, not have read any books from the queen of the romance genre? Honestly, I don't know, but now, I've rectified that with Sea Swept, the first in her Chesapeake Bay Saga. I'd heard wonderful things about this series, so I thought it would be a great one to start my foray into Ms. Robert's almost overwhelming backlist. It was a very good story that worked exceptionally
Brenda (b)
Jul 31, 2008 Brenda (b) rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Brenda (b) by: Isis_FG
I loved this book! I'm glad I decided to read it after seeing Isis_FG's review of it. The interaction between the brothers was wonderful and, in my opinion, made the whole story worthwhile. I felt the romance between Cameron and Anna actually came second place to the story of the Quinn family and that was the perfect way it should be. It's about Cameron finding his true path in life and embracing it. And, of course, he finds love for Anna and Seth too. I'm anxious to read the rest of the series.
Mar 29, 2016 Shelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Reviewed on 06/19/12: This is where it all began! Well, where my love affair with NR began anyway. I use to have a job where the work was so mind-numbingly boring I could listen to audio books all day. I started with the library, and since I had never read any NR yet, I picked this one at random. That was five years ago, and I've been trying to finish her backlist ever since.

I'll admit at first, I wasn't in love with our hero Cameron, nor his lady Anna. I thought Cam was a tad unlikable and Anna
The main thing I object is, cliché. Am I that stupid? Yes, I am. I really enjoy romances, quick light fix of alpha male and alpha female, just it’s hard to find an intelligent romance. But it is. Most of them are so badly written, that every time when I see so many 5 stars, I think about the readers and the old lady and her cats metaphor. Don't you have any whatsoever criteria if you rate THIS book 5 stars?

Why do they have to be so transparent? Quick fix doesn't necessarily need to be shallow a
Sep 22, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Let me start out by saying that I am not a huge Nora Roberts fan. I know she is one of the queens of romance, so I'm in the minority, but I usually just do not connect with her stories. Sea Swept is definitely an exception to that rule!

This is a book that yes, is a romance...but oh it is really so much more. In some ways this book is equally a romance and a story about "family". It warms the heart AND tickles the funny bone. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

This is Book 1 of a 4 book series. This is Ca
Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical)
This felt like a surface book to me. There was no depth at all. The characters had very little development, and Anna and Cam had no chemistry at all, so I have no idea why the got together. Anna was annoying and got mad every two seconds for no reason. Anna's sob story did not ring true, and felt fake and forced, as if put there to make her seem real, when it had the opposite effect. Cam's sob story was never discussed; it just loomed in the distance for basically no reason.

I felt nothing for t
Jane Stewart
Solid, well done romance with good relationship development. Racer gives up the fast life to help a foster child.

College professors teaching romance-fiction courses assigned this book to their students (per Romantic Times magazine Sep 2009). For that reason I thought I’d try it. It has a different take on the romance formula which I liked. Many or most romance novels have a tough alpha male, single not wanting to settle down. Then he meets a female he can’t resist, falls in lo
My keyboard died on me today, and since I'm now using the on-screen keyboard (which is annoying me), I'll try to keep this short and to the point.

I can see why Nora Roberts gets her spots on the bestseller lists: she writes the kind of romance that, in order to appeal to the masses, turns out so generic and familiar. It's like you've already read this book, that's how cliched it is. There are all the obligatory elements: a family with issues, dark pasts, precocious kids, cute dogs, a small town
My first book by Nora Roberts was "Vision in White". I actually read the entire series (Bride Quartet) since I bought the 4 books at the same time. I liked it but there was something lacking, something that didn't capture me as other stories do.
I was even reluctant to read Nora Roberts again but she has so many books and she's considered one of the best romance authors, so how could I not give her books another try?
I looked through her series and found the Chesapeake Bay Saga. The summary of S
This is my favorite series by Nora Roberts. I re-read it at least once a year. And it's always immensely satisfying.

To give some background, you have the Quinns (Ray and Stella) who, though they couldn't have children of their own, made a family out of three unwanted boys. Trouble-makers, damaged, and severely injured - either in body, mind, or heart, and sometimes all three, Ray and Stella took them in and made them a home. Gave them family, love, care, and a future.

When Cam is in Monaco after
Oct 10, 2011 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really can't believe how AMAZING this read was! I just wish I had known way before now so I could have read it sooner! An outstanding, terrific, marvelous and extremely mind-blowing read.

Review to come later... Probably once I get over this breakdown of feelings I have been having since I started with this book, lol.

It will start saying something like this:

"If I'm already helplessly in love with the series only by reading book 1, I'm completely terrified of what's yet to come. Now I know that

*Review without spoilers*

“Don’t mix up who I am and what I am,” she told him quietly. “You have to be honest with me, or the rest of it means nothing.”

He was on his knees on the platform as he spoke, using his hands to show her. And still leaving her in the dark.
But it didn’t matter whether she understood the technique he described or not. She understood him. He might not realize it yet, but he had fallen in love with this place, and with the work he would do here.

This was at least my fourth r
SOA Listening Challenge 2012: Spread Your Listening-- Contemporary 2/4

Grade B-/C+

While parts of this book were poignant or humorous, other parts were just slow. I was listening to the audiobook on 2X for part of the book because the story seemed to stand in place, going nowhere. Cam was a mixed bag for me, too. He could be a selfish, arrogant man, who also acted childishly at times. On at least two occasions he did things to hurt Anna, and it infuriated me that she let him wheedle and cajole his
Andrea Hussey
Nora Roberts’ books have class, sophistication and honorable characters.
And I mean the exact opposite of everything I’ve said.

I absolutely hated his sleezy behavior. He likes “mindless, no-strings sex,” and at the very beginning of the book he’s with this woman who has an accent and speaks quite crudely. He’s calling her sugar and baby and kisses her for the paparazzi, and he had trouble remembering her name. Way to start off a romance book with him about to have sex with someone else.

His shirt
Books are my Pyrocant
Dec 31, 2015 Books are my Pyrocant rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Reread December 2015. Still love it. :)

August 8, 2012. This is the first of Nora Roberts novels that I have read. I must say, are they all this great? She is a beautiful writer both technically as well as her storytelling. Sea Swept had both a strong male and female lead. All the characters were well developed. The story was easy, consistent, engaging and I felt invested. I love a beautiful romance but just as much, I love to read about brothers/men and their relationships with each other. It wa
May 07, 2014 Esther rated it it was ok
I am very concerned for this couple. (view spoiler) ...more
Jan 27, 2015 Foxfire rated it did not like it
DNF. I liked the writing, and enjoyed the interaction between the Quinn brothers, but I could not relate to the romance.

In the opening scene we meet the hero, Cam, as a love-them-and-leave-them type who uses women and tosses them aside like used tissues.

A bit later we meet Anna, a dedicated social worker who takes on the case of Cam's young foster brother.

After Anna has made two professional visits to the Quinn home, Cam turns up uninvited at her apartment late in the evening. The two e
Shari Kay
Mar 22, 2016 Shari Kay rated it liked it
I was hoping I'd like this more than I did. Nora Roberts, after all IS J.D. Robb and I love her Naked in Death series. Roarke is the perfect man, Eve is tolerable, the side kicks are interesting, the crimes gritty. They aren't perfect by any means, and some are more average than others, but you connect to the characters and care about what happens to them. Not so much in SS.

Cameron is a playboy and had no desire whatsoever to change. Anna is a ball buster with a heart for her work. I was 80% in
Freda Malone
Aug 25, 2015 Freda Malone rated it really liked it
This is your typical romance novel and I like romance novels ONLY when I'm in the mood for one. This one was a good one. Made me feel good. This being the first in a series, I'm not sure I will jump on the next one until I'm in the mood for more romance.

The Quinn's, Cameron, Phillip and Ethan, have promised their dying father that they will take care of the newest member of the Quinn's, Seth, who is 10 years old. An abused young child who simply got caught in the crosshairs of a vindictive coll
*buddy listening with Blacky <333*

Here's the link to my previous review:
Carla Geraldes
Um romance levezinho, bem ao estilo desta autora.
Sem grandes intrigas e mistérios, é um livro que nos toca ao coração pelo que une todos os protagonistas do livro.
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 03, 2015 Jacob Proffitt rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, audible, steamy
A decent story and a fun setting, but I really hated the romance in this one. Roberts is good and this one was written in the late 90s and that's about the time I have designated in my head when I don't expect a true loser or something I won't enjoy. And that expectation stands—it's a good story and I cared about most of the characters and the setting is outstanding.

But I kind of hated Cam. He's a selfish jerk from start to finish and he gets things his own way, far, far too often. And I hate th
Mitch Castro
Aug 16, 2015 Mitch Castro rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fave, rant-and-rave
Nora Roberts is not my first favorite author but the badass characters in this series of her were definitely the first I've ever read. This made me realize that THIS is my thing. Not the sappy romance novels or the totally erotic ones.

Cameron Quinn was my first badass encounter. At first, I didn't understand him. He made an impression on me as rude, selfish and blithe sonofabitch. But eventually, I flushed those impressions down the drain. He's just a lost-in-his-own-way family-oriented type of
Jan 28, 2016 Vi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novel, pb, i-o-a-c, re-read

Originally posted on Gone With The Books

Sea Swept is the first book of the Chesapeake Bay Saga. It tells how three grown up men fight for their new brother, what they do and what they have to sacrifice to achieve their goal: to keep their fathers legacy alive.

Nora Roberts has a very unique way of telling stories. Sea Swept is no exception. With sensitiveness and a fine humor, this novel shows every aspect, a reader wants to see in a good book.

Sea Swept is the very wonderful and beautiful writte
Final rating: 5/5 stars
Final rating - for the whole series: 4.5~4.75/5 stars

This is the second book I've read from Nora Roberts and I was not disappointed. Whenever I saw Nora's books in the bookstore my first thought was: murder case! (Not saying that all her books are about murder cases, but somehow i have that luck of picking up every single one with a killer in it). This time it's different. This is a story of a family - three adopted brothers who, after the death of their father, accept to
May 03, 2016 Mariana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
It wasn't difficult to read through. Easier to read than J. D. Robb. There wasn't as much humor as I prefer in contemporary, and it felt cliched.

I guess I just don't prefer the H/H to both be sluts who both use others for sex and then toss away. I borrowed the trilogy from a friend, so I plan to give the next book a chance. Plus, of the three brothers, Cam was my least favorite. Looking forward to Ethan.
May 03, 2016 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

A nice read but nothing overwhelming. I think the reason that this did not "wow" me more is that it didn't have the "suspense/mystery" element that that other books that I have read by her had!

A champion boat racer, Cameron Quinn traveled the world spending his winnings on champagne and women. But when his dying father called him home to care for Seth, a troubled young boy not unlike Cameron once was, his life changed overnight ...

“You don’t want to get in the habit of overusing
Sea Swept 16 133 Apr 06, 2015 11:42PM
Nora Roberts Grou...: Sea Swept (December 2014 Book of the Month) 58 68 Apr 04, 2015 09:05PM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Imitation in Death (In Death, #17)
  • Perfect (Second Opportunities, #2)
  • Mackenzie's Pleasure (Mackenzie Family, #3)
  • Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Chesapeake Bay Saga (4 books)
  • Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2)
  • Inner Harbor (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #3)
  • Chesapeake Blue (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #4)

“Please let me go."
"Anna." He lowered his brow to hers. "Don't ask me to do that, because I don't think I can live without you. Take a chance, roll the dice. Come with me.”
“You did that on purpose."
"Did what on purpose?"
"Wore the don't-touch suit and the sex goddess perfume at the same time just to drive me crazy."
"Listen to the suit, Quinn. Dream about the perfume.”