Start by marking “Armageddon, Oil, and the Middle East Crisis: What the Bible Says about the Future of the Middle East and the End of Western Civilization” as Want to Read:

What the Bible Says About the Future of the Middle East and the End of Western Civilization.
Published December 1st 1990 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published January 1st 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Armageddon, Oil, and the Middle East Crisis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Armageddon, Oil, and the Middle East Crisis

Lindsay
May 31, 2013 Lindsay rated it did not like it
I give this book zero stars not because of the topic or because it's obviously outdated now, but because it, like most books of this type, is poorly written. It is also full of lies, omissions, and opinions that masquerade as truth.

The author first off assumes you know quite a bit about biblical prophesy. There is no summary or introduction to the topic at the beginning and no summary or broad conclusion at the end. He does include several "timelines" but each has different predicted events on i
George
Oct 12, 2008 George rated it did not like it
I read a variety of these kinds of books when I was in Bible College; even then I found them rather poorly written and with dubious connections to Scripture. This was one of them. Re-reading this now, twenty years after I started to explore the subject, I note that they are still appropriate only to the degree that they are the most general. They are very good at taking past events and pullint them into their world view: as is any theology, any group, any philosophy. What they are bad at is any ...more
Brent Voight
Oct 01, 2008 Brent Voight rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to know more how current events fit with End Times prophecy
I have been enthralled with the End Times over the past year and have really dived into studying them becuase I want to understand them and I really feel we are living in the End Times right now--how long it will last I am not sure. Mr. Walvoord does an excellent job laying out how current events fit biblical prophecy. This has been the best book for making sense of biblical prophecy that's been filled, current events as the birth pangs of the end and biblical prophecy that is yet to be filled ...more
Steve cutting
Jan 24, 2008 Steve cutting rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: racturtle@yahoo.com, spitsen@comcast.net
Reading this before going to sleep at night of all things! This book is one of those that is hard to put down at any point. So far, it reads like a Hal Lindsy book, lots of prophesy that could or could not come true. It relates to how the Mideast crisis affect the world supply of oil and what will the crisis do to the alignment of nations in the Middle East. Also, will Israel survive the Arab attempts to push it from the Holy Land and do current events point to the final global war, Armageddon?
Arlee Bird
Aug 07, 2012 Arlee Bird rated it really liked it
Though released in 1974 this book is still a pretty contemporary read. It's well written and organized. However the premise is a bit misleading. There are interesting insights offered as to potential scenarios regarding Israel in the future, but mostly it's standard interpretations that can be found elsewhere. The majority of the book is typical Bible prophecy and the author's analysis of those prophecies. It's a topic that I don't tire of reading and this book presents the material in a fine ...more
Crystal
May 07, 2009 Crystal rated it it was ok
Only 2 stars - It was okay - because I couldn't say I "really liked" it because of the topic itself. Prophesy or no, it is still sad to think mankind is destined for this (self)destruction. For those who like a good Stephen King scare I'd say this topic gives the scare plus the "chill-pill" so read it - it's a lot shorter, too.
Linda
Nov 18, 2015 Linda rated it liked it
The predictions are not very specific, but the history of the middle east is explained well. You have to believe the interpretation of the bible as the author does to draw the same conclusions about the future. Luckily, we do not have to guess right, the future will be a surprise to us all. John 3:16. No ambiguity there.
Beverly Locker
Feb 24, 2016 Beverly Locker rated it really liked it
Although not a bible scholar, I'm an avid reader of the Bible and a Christian. This book helped me understand the oil and Middle East crisis, along with how they relate to the end times. Much has happened since the writing of this book. It was an interesting read and easy to understand.
Anneliese Johns
Dec 13, 2010 Anneliese Johns rated it really liked it
Spells out the way many Americans like me were raised to believe how it all came about and how its all going to go. Evolution is a wonderful substance!
Nick Woodall
Every Christian needs to understand the Middle East, and Walvoord is an excellent author to help you understand it.
Jane Sadek
Jane Sadek rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2013
Paul
Paul rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2013
Jessy
Jessy rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2012
Carlodelarosa
Carlodelarosa rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2013
Audrey Caldwell
Audrey Caldwell rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2016
Josh
Josh rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Marco Kaluma
Marco Kaluma rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2013
Adam T Calvert
Adam T Calvert rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2009
Daniel W.
Daniel W. rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2008
Paula  Obermeier McCarty
Paula Obermeier McCarty rated it did not like it
Nov 03, 2009
Breck Brigham
Breck Brigham rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Rose
Rose rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2012
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Helen P
Helen P rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Michaelpatrick Keena
Michaelpatrick Keena rated it did not like it
Apr 13, 2008
Milkman3367
Milkman3367 rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2012
Michael Greene
Michael Greene rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2016
Jonathan S. Harbour
Jonathan S. Harbour rated it did not like it
May 19, 2014
Kal Watson
Kal Watson rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Stephanie Whittaker
Stephanie Whittaker rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2013