Start by marking “Blood+ Adagio, Vol. 01 (Blood+ Adagio, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood+ Adagio, Vol. 01 (Blood+ Adagio, #1)

Blood+ Adagio, Vol. 01 (Blood+ Adagio #1)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  11 reviews
On the eve of the Russian Revolution, our favorite Chiropteran-hunting duo masquerades as members of Tsar Nicholas Romanov's royal chamber orchestra. Saya begins to uncover some of the strange secrets of the Romanov royal family and, of course, finds some hideous Chiropteran beasts who are doing a little masquerading of their own. Despite being one of the Chiropteran "orig ...more
Published June 2nd 2009 by Dark Horse Comics (first published April 22nd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Blood+ Adagio, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood+ Adagio, Vol. 01

Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoChibi Vampire, Vol. 01 by Yuna KagesakiHellsing, Vol. 01 by Kohta HiranoVampire Kisses by Ellen SchreiberMillennium Snow, Vol. 1 by Bisco Hatori
Best Vampire Manga
28th out of 112 books — 168 voters
Dracula by Bram StokerInterview with the Vampire by Anne RiceThe Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice'Salem's Lot by Stephen KingI Am Legend and Other Stories by Richard Matheson
Vampires that would eat Edward Cullen for breakfast
146th out of 152 books — 117 voters

More lists with this book...

Laurie Treacy
I adored the Blood+ anime series and ever since viewing it (multiple times), I've sought out whatever manga I could find. When I was able to pick up this book, I was thrilled. The artwork by Kumiko Suekane is wonderful. Delicate lines, expressive eyes, detailed clothing, the artist brings Saya and Hagi to life. Blood+ Adagio is a three book series and the first books--this volume and the second--both explore what Saya and Hagi did during the Russian Revolution. This historic time period was mere ...more
Patricia BookExhibitionism
Mar 29, 2013 Patricia BookExhibitionism marked it as manga-hwa-hua
I don't remember what happened in this one. Just two or three scenes that I actually recall, but I do remember that I didn't like it nearly as much as the other Blood+ manga-series. :/ Shall reread!
MissAnnThrope
31 March 2013

I absolutely adore the original Blood+ 01 series, and felt that it ended all too soon. So when I heard about Blood+ Adagio, Volume 1, a prequel to the original series, I was overjoyed and couldn't wait to revisit Saya and Hagi again. Perhaps my deep affection for that series makes my expectations of this series too unreasonable, but this series didn't quite hit the spot for me.

The setting in 1916 Russia with the royal family is very intriguing and I feel that so much more could have
Chip
Enjoyed the first Blood+ manga, except it was TOO SHORT! (only five issues). There was clearly enough material to make more books - thus my pleasant surprise to find Blood+ Adagio! (To date, only plans for two issues but perhaps, just perhaps...) Same artwork, new storylines, filling in the backstory. The Blood+ series could be a lucrative one for Dark Horse for years to come.

My daughter and I shared a love of the anime (due in part to the amazing music of Mark Mancina). When the series ended,
Daniela López
Me gusta mucho la dupla de Hagi y Saya, a pesar de que encuentro odioso que esto ocurre mucho antes de lo que está pasando en el anime y Saya sigue con el trato un tanto pesado hacía Hagi y que continua teniendo miedo a luchar y esas cosas.
Joshua
The story got a little confusing for me because there were so many side points but I think I get where it was taking me. The artwork was great even in black n gray.
Sara
It felt good to be back in this world, especially in this setting. This series is a prequel to the Blood+ series and takes us back to one of the first missions between Hagi and Saya. The setting is right before the Russian Revolution and takes place in the household of Czar Nicholas II. Saya is the same as the main series and struggles with her missions...but how I love Hagi! Unf! That's a hunk of man right there!
Kris
I enjoyed the Blood+ Anime and I was quite happy with this first book of the Manga series. It covers horror, romance and supernatural adventures during the Romanov dynasty.

I enjoyed the story and I appreciated how it stayed true to the characters of Saya and Hagi.

Can't wait to read the next one!
Leila Anani
First of a 2 part prequel to Blood + This has Saya and Hagi in the Russian Revolution on a Chiropteran (vampire) hunting mission. Rasputin is wonderfully evil. Not my favourite style of artwork, but I'm loving the setting and story.
J.D. Robinson
Blood + is one of my favorite stories with some of my most favorite characters. So you can imagen my excitement when I found these side stories! I loved it!
Elizabeth Moore
Promising start and a totally new twist on the Romanov family!
Krystle
Krystle marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Klrvm Sama
Klrvm Sama marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Rowie
Rowie added it
Apr 04, 2015
S.
S. marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Staci
Staci added it
Feb 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Blood+, Vol. 05 (Blood+, #5)
  • Blood+: Kowloon Nights
  • The Cain Saga, Volume 4: The Seal of the Red Ram, Part 2
  • Code 2: Vergil (Devil May Cry 3, #2)
  • Devil May Cry: Volume 2
  • Princess Ai: The Prism of Midnight Dawn, Volume 1 (Princess Ai, #4)
  • Blood+, Volume 1 - First Kiss (Blood+ light novel, #1)
  • Trinity Blood, Vol. 5
  • Princess Ai: Evolution (Princess Ai, #3)
  • Re: Play, Volume 1
  • Pita Ten, Vol. 08
  • Model, Vol. 4
  • Alichino (Alichino, #2)
  • Peace Maker, Volume 1
SUEKANE Kumiko: スエカネクミコ

Kumiko Suekane worked at a video game company before becoming a successful mangaka. Besides Afterschool Charisma, her other work includes Blood+ A, Once Upon a Glashma (Hajimari no Gurashuma), and Seijou Koucha–kan no Jijō (The Seijou Teahouse Affair).

Doujinshi circle: Little Garden

Writes doujinshi under: Macho
Other pseudonyms: Cinnamon
Published boys' love under the alias:
More about Kumiko Suekane...

Blood+ Adagio (2 books)
  • Blood+ Adagio, Vol. 02 (Blood+ Adagio, #2)
Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 1 Blood+ Adagio, Vol. 02 (Blood+ Adagio, #2) Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 2 Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 3 Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 4