Start by marking “Amulet, Vol. 2: The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Amulet, Vol. 2: The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet, #2)

Amulet, Vol. 2: The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet #2)

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  16,327 Ratings  ·  943 Reviews
In this thrilling sequel to AMULET #1: THE STONEKEEPER, Emily and her brother Navin head for Kanalis, a beautiful and mysterious city of waterfalls, where they hope to find the antidote for the poison that felled their mother. That cure lies in the eggs of a giant serpent atop Demon's Head Mountain, but the kids' archenemy, Trellis, is headed for the peak, too. A battle th ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by GRAPHIX (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Amulet, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Andy Wang ACTION :):):):):):):):):):):))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Smile by Raina TelgemeierThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelznickAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu KibuishiBone, Vol. 1 by Jeff SmithDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Best Graphic Novels for Children
13th out of 689 books — 971 voters
Watchmen by Alan MooreMaus, I by Art SpiegelmanV for Vendetta by Alan MooreCalvin and Hobbes by Bill WattersonBatman by Frank Miller
Best Graphic Novels and Comic Books
114th out of 469 books — 394 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa Martin
Jan 23, 2016 Melissa Martin rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this second book in the Amulet series. Emily is still trying to control the powers of the Amulet, which is a hard thing to do and if she doesn't it could corrupt her.

The gang decide to go to the city of Kanalis to get more help for their mom who is dying from poison. I really love the walking house, I want one :-)

The city is full of animal people which is very cool, but they are suffering under some kind of curse but they are fine. Emily and the gang find another friend that goes by
Ashley Metzger
Aug 13, 2015 Ashley Metzger rated it it was amazing
This was even better than the first volume. I am loving the world Kibuishi is creating. Can't wait for volume 3!
Jim Ef
Feb 05, 2016 Jim Ef rated it really liked it
4,5 stars

This was even better than the first one.
Emily must wants to help her dying mother, in order to do that she must find a specific fruit that can be find only in one place. The elf king sends his army after her. Emily will realise that she's the only one who can save her mother and the entire Alledia
Maisie
Jun 19, 2015 Maisie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
THIS KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER.
Maxwell
Jan 06, 2015 Maxwell rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2015

I'll admit, I wasn't a huge fan of the first volume. But I wanted to give the series another try, so I checked this out from the library. And I was much more impressed with this volume.

The art, same as the first volume, is beautiful. Kibuishi has an amazing style that is whimsical and fantastic. He also creates great characters. Cogsley and Miskit are two super cool sidekicks. And the walking house! I want one.

The story definitely picks up in this volume. You get more conflict, some bac
Ferdy
Not as good as the first one, it was pretty much the same story line with Emily yet again trying to save her mum and her struggling with her amulet powers.

I didn't like that apart from Emily and her mum there were no other female characters, Emily was always surrounded by guys.

The artwork was on point though, it was the most enjoyable aspect. I especially loved the pages where there was just one large panel of some kind of scenery, they were beautifully drawn.
Sue Moro
Aug 04, 2015 Sue Moro rated it it was amazing
The elves are getting close and the action ramps up as Emily and Navin race to find a cure for the poison that is killing their mom. Emily must learn to control the stone as it fights to try and take control of her. This was even better than the first volume!
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)

This installment was definitely a step-up from the first! Excited to see more of this world and uncover more of its secrets. And the art is absolutely fantastic!

Side note: For Christmas, I'd like a house that walks, kthxbye.
Kaitlin
Jun 14, 2015 Kaitlin rated it really liked it
These books are so quick to get through and a lot of fun. The story is certainly middle grade and therefore there's not a lot of terribly dark moments or any vile language, it's PG, but the dark elves are still scary bad guys!

Kazu Kibuishi is a great image maker. The images within the book really do bring the story truly to life and the colours and images chosen for each panel are beautiful and well thought out. The tonal, chalky colours give such a serene sense of wonder on some idyllic scenes
Jacquelyn
Sep 05, 2015 Jacquelyn rated it it was amazing
This graphic novel series has got to be my favorite! So fun and action packed. :D
Daniel
Sep 04, 2015 Daniel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
House vs. Monster, an EPIC battle. WOOHOO. Znaci stvarno zabavan strip. Prica u osnovi jeste klise (za sada) ali ima tolko duha i entuzijazma da prosto uzivam.
Regan
Jul 23, 2014 Regan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned-read
I really enjoy this series
Rachel
Feb 04, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Okay this was really good. It was a big step up from the first one and I really enjoyed this!! I'm so excited to get into the second one. The plot got a lot more complex, I really like the characters and the art is stunning. So glad I decided to continue with this series.
Ahmad
Jan 25, 2016 Ahmad rated it it was amazing
This one was even better then the first one!!!
I really love this world! The fantasy of this series is phenomenon!!!
The characters are everything!!!
I really like where the story is going!
I need to read volume 3!!!
Addy
I absolutely loved this!

The plot was definitely more developed in this book. And it was so action-packed. I was on the edge of my feet several times. Frankly, I'm really surprised I loved this so much, considering most of the graphic novels I've read have just been... okay. This could be a strong rival to Fairy Tail, Vol. 01, and I love me some FT.

We learned some new things in this volume. Apparently, there are multiple Stonekeepers. I was getting the vibe that Em was the whole "Savior of the Wo
Brittany
Mar 13, 2015 Brittany rated it really liked it
Just as good as the first. The story continues flawlessly, picking up right where we left off. And once again, getting to the action takes absolutely no time.

I took much more notice this time of the frames that took up two entire pages. They always portray large portions of the landscape and whatever building or town that's being highlighted. These large drawings are always gorgeous.

This time the amulet tries even harder to take control of Emily. Luckily, she's super strong and is fighting it w
Annalise
Nov 16, 2015 Annalise rated it really liked it
SHOOM! FSSSSSSSHHH! POOM!

Love the sound effects in this book.
Sam
Oct 07, 2014 Sam rated it it was amazing
I loved this book more than the first one. I also love all the characters. I can't pick between them! :)
Julianne
Apr 25, 2015 Julianne rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
{4.5 stars}

I liked this one a lot more than the first one!
Fiona
Nov 18, 2015 Fiona rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series so far. I might even turn out to like this more than saga .. what
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Apr 03, 2015 Chelsea (chelseadolling reads) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
These are seriously so great
Melvin Rodríguez-Rodríguez
An even more solid follow up to the first book.

The Stonekeeper's Curse finds Emily and company on the run for a cure for her mother, while danger is close by, very, very close. As with the last time, this volume is fast paced, packs a lot of action and delivers good characterization. I liked the fact that the worldbuilding continues in this one, with new settings and fantastical beings. It's also a shade darker, which I think will be the course of the series. The most interesting new development
Sohi
Sep 17, 2015 Sohi rated it liked it
(Warning: spoilers for Amulet, Vol. 1!) When Emily and Naven's mother is poisoned, they set out on a journey to Kanalis to find a cure. I grew fond of this new setting, and the creatures that lived there. This was essentially the same plot line as the first book, but I liked it a lot more. There were some good topics in the book that the author touched on, which I appreciated.

During Amulet, Vol. 2, Emily deals with trying to keep her amulet from getting too much power and overtaking her. I like
Shannon (leaninglights)
Another awesome adventure - can't wait to see where we go next!
Alena
Jun 15, 2015 Alena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads, reviewed
In the first book, I thought that it was pretty cool and whimsical and wondered if Kibuishi could keep up with it since it seemed like he poured every ounce of amazing creativeness he has in the first volume. So when I picked up the second book, I was amazed that it has actually gone better than the first one. Kibuishi, as I look at him now, has fantastic whimsical imagination that could drive children, teens and adults alike hooked in the world he created.

This second volume picked up right wher
Aryanamarin
Apr 16, 2015 Aryanamarin rated it it was amazing
Amulet book 2 was a really good book.It was shocking that the stone wanted to take over Emily's body it was the power of the stone. But Emily refuses to let it take her over; she fights though. All the drama between the stone and the elves. But I really like this book and very excited to read book 3.
Say
Dec 18, 2014 Say rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow!!! I never thought I would like this, it was gamble for me. Since the only graphic novel I read was Saga (and it's under the "adult" category) and this one is more on the "kids" side, I thought I wouldn't like it but I was so wrong. This second installment was EPIC!!!

Em is on a journey to finding a cure for her mother and along the way she met a vital character, Leon. Who proved to be a person (or animal/fox) of importance for her to control the stone's power. And Navin oh Navin, I
Starseeker
Sep 24, 2014 Starseeker rated it really liked it
WOAH! What an epic sequel!
So, in this instalment, we pick up right after the events of the first, so you're immediately sucked back into the world.
The story was a lot more interesting in this instalment and the entire story was so fast-paced and full of adventure. The characters are fun and interesting to learn about and I'm excited to see where the story goes.
The artwork in this series is quite nice and I really enjoy its simplicity. Sometimes in graphic novels, the illustrator tends to overdo
LiteraryLover
I just didn't feel like the second installment was as fun as the first. It seemed like there was just a lot of crazy things going on and while the art was still fantastic, the plot for me started to feel lacking. Meh.
Galilea Estrada
Mar 11, 2015 Galilea Estrada rated it it was amazing
I love the this second book because now that she knows how to use her amulet she can fight with the elves. And how the evil elves want to kill her but they can't and I love the comics that this book has.
  • The Return of Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #3)
  • Bone, Vol. 9: Crown of Horns (Bone #9)
  • Jellaby: Monster in the City (Jellaby, #2)
  • Ghostopolis
  • Owly, Vol. 2: Just a Little Blue (Owly, #2)
  • Hilda and the Bird Parade
  • How Mirka Met a Meteorite (Hereville #2)
  • Cleopatra in Space #1: Target Practice (Cleopatra in Space, #1)
  • Missile Mouse #2: Rescue on Tankium3
  • Courtney Crumrin in the Twilight Kingdom (Courtney Crumrin, #3)
  • Princeless Volume 2: Get Over Yourself
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 1: The Whole World's Crazy (Amelia Rules! #1)
  • Tower of Treasure (Three Thieves, #1)
  • Salt Water Taffy, vol. 1: The Legend of Old Salty
  • Binky to the Rescue
Kazu Kibuishi (born 1978) is an American graphic novel author and illustrator. He is best known for being the creator and editor of the comic anthology Flight and for creating the webcomic Copper. He has also written (drawn) the Amulet series. The webcomic artist and noted critic Scott McCloud has said that some of Kazu Kibuishi's work is so beautifully drawn that "it hurts my hands when I look at ...more
More about Kazu Kibuishi...

Amulet (7 books)
  • Amulet, Vol. 1: The Stonekeeper (Amulet, #1)
  • Amulet, Vol. 3: The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3)
  • Amulet, Vol. 4: The Last Council (Amulet, #4)
  • Amulet, Vol. 5: Prince of the Elves (Amulet, #5)
  • Amulet, Vol. 6: Escape From Lucien (Amulet, #6)
  • Amulet, Vol. 7: Firelight (Amulet, #7)

“I have been around for so long, and I've seen so many things. When you live as long as I do, you begin to see patterns in life. When I look into the future, I am looking into these patterns. You creatures are not as complex as you make yourselves out to be.” 6 likes