Start by marking “Rebel Waltz (Loveswept, #128)” as Want to Read:
Rebel Waltz (Loveswept, #128)

Rebel Waltz (Loveswept, #128)

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  388 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper tells a timelessly seductive tale of a romance touched by the paranormal and of a woman who opens a door to the unknown and finds a stranger with an irresistible invitation….

With its antebellum setting and gallant history, Jasmine Hall was more than just a business for Banner Clairmont. The lovingly preserved plantation-era inn

Published February 1st 1986 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Waltz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebel Waltz

Julie (jjmachshev)
Another reprint from author Kay Hooper. "Rebel Waltz" was originally published as a 'Loveswept' title in 1986. These two facts (date and publisher) should give you plenty of warning as to the tone and heat index of the book. I confess that I did enjoy it, but that was mostly because I was prepared for the tenor since I knew what I was getting into...

Banner has finally accepted that her beloved antebellum home, Jasmine Hall, will be sold. That doesn't mean she has to like it though! It's where sh
P Bright
May 04, 2016 P Bright rated it did not like it
This would be considered a guilty pleasure read, however, in my case it cannot be called that because it was NOT a pleasure. It was predictable and silly. I only finished it to get my good reads stats up.
Linda
Sep 03, 2014 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rebel Waltz is a novella that wanted to be a short story. It got off to a good start with a progressive pace and interesting premise. However, once Banner & Roy got together, there was nowhere for the story to go and so it plodded along until, like an old wagon horse, it just stopped.

Rebel Waltz initially had the makings of an enjoyable tale. All the things you could want: sassy heroine, old plantation, likeable father. Sounds like Gone with the Wind, doesn't it? Hooper refers to Scarlet and
Samantha Colson
Dec 30, 2012 Samantha Colson rated it did not like it
Guess this wasn't my cup of tea. I would have enjoyed it more if it had more supernatural aspects and less of a love story.
Marti
Mar 28, 2016 Marti rated it it was amazing
What a lovely little bit of light reading. A man and a woman find themselves and each other in a Tara-like southern plantation. The book made me smile many times and the occasional presence of benevolent ghosts was nicely done.
Merredith
Oct 30, 2013 Merredith rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kay Hooper...I love her Bishop special FBI series, about FBI agents who have special psychic powers and they discover new people who have the powers while tracking down serial killers and evil things. Cool, right? Well, Rebel Waltz is not in that series. This is one of Hooper's early books and it's pretty bad. It's about...nothing really. There's no conflict to this story. What's the point? It's actually a romance novel, or novelette, it's super short, with some good ghosts around. I'm so glad t ...more
Serena Verdicchio
Dec 01, 2014 Serena Verdicchio rated it liked it
I had higher hopes for this book. It was really a cute story but I was hoping for more supernatural/paranormal effects rather than essentially just a love story
Patricia OBrien
Nice fluff

I'm so used to reading the bishop series I found myself swimming some of the pages. Love Kay Hooper tho
Tracy Schoenberg
I was not expecting the paranormal elements but they were cute. A good beach read, nothing more.
Elaine Mcdonald
Oct 13, 2015 Elaine Mcdonald rated it it was ok
I had been reading the FBI series and thought any book by Kay Hooper would be great. Skip this one.
Anna
Jun 09, 2015 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna by: npl
Shelves: sweet-nothings
one of her early stories ... a little sugary and one-dimensional
Michelle
Mar 12, 2014 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kay-hooper
This wasn't one of her better books. Too predictable, not much of a story.
Alisha
Nov 19, 2015 Alisha rated it really liked it
3.75
Kari
Aug 21, 2013 Kari rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2013
I enjoyed the romance between Rory and Banner. Rory falls hard and fast when he meets Banner. His pursuit of her was amusing. I'll admit that I liked Rory more than I like Banner. I thought she gave him too much of a hard time about things. Personally, I thought the "practical joke" that she plays on him to get back at him for helping her was in very poor taste. I didn't see the humor in it. Anyway, while it's not the best of her early works, it is an enjoyable read.
Samantha
This is some old school Kay Hooper. I loved the southern setting and the ghost aspect was interesting. But the characters were rather flat and the plot got a little boring. I understand that the plantation had been in the family for years and years but honestly towards the end I wanted to tell everyone to just get over it and move on. Also all the Gone With the Wind talk started to get on my nerves.
Sherry
Jun 22, 2009 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very sweet romance that is set in the south where an old plantation is
up for sale; or is it? Rory Stewart has fallen hard but is it for Banner
Clairmont or the antebellum mansion that he wants to turn into a resort?

Kay Hooper has written better starred titles but as I reader I also enjoy reading an author's earlier works.
Sara
Jun 03, 2011 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Ty
Apr 21, 2009 Ty rated it it was ok
Wow this is almost too sweet. I am almost through and may skim read.
I read the whole thing and it got better toward the end with practical jokes that were hilarious and not as sweet. You understood the ghosts a little better that reside in the house.
Stacey
Jun 14, 2009 Stacey rated it really liked it
I have always loved Kay Hooper's books. I've read Rebel Waltz before and I enjoyed it's re-release just as much as I did years ago.
Julie
Oct 23, 2012 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It didn't look like a romance novel. I hate reading the blurbs because it tells half the story. I guess I need to start.
Janie B
Jan 05, 2012 Janie B rated it it was ok
Kay Hooper is better in my opinion as a suspense thriller writer. I'm really not a big romance novel reader.
Regina Nunez
Jul 24, 2009 Regina Nunez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Kay Hooper, she good. I really enjoy reading this book, Romance and ghost , interesting.
Heidi
Jun 10, 2013 Heidi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This one left me wanting more - more chemistry and spark, more angst, more believable characters.
Angela
Apr 11, 2009 Angela rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal fans, romance
Very cute story. It kept a smile on my face the entire time I was reading it.
Lois
Mar 23, 2012 Lois rated it did not like it
Boring. I gave up after chapter 4 when there was still no sign of conflict.
Carey
Jun 16, 2010 Carey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vacation-read
Nice little romance, quirky dialogue, simply enjoyable, not one-bit-taxing!
Shannon
Mar 13, 2012 Shannon rated it it was ok
The hero calls the heroine "milady" and it really bugged me.
Ellen
Feb 19, 2013 Ellen rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-suspense
one of her early books...short light read...southern romance
SJuhl4
Mar 22, 2011 SJuhl4 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hooper-kay
Enjoyable romance set in a haunted New Orleans estate. A nice story.
Randy Holmberg
Quick and easy light read. Something to pass the time.
  • Walking in Fire (Hawaiian Heroes, #1)
  • How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1)
  • Lonesome River (Wabash River, #1)
  • Knock 'em Dead (Murder, She Wrote #13)
  • Murder Hooks a Mermaid (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery #2)
  • Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind: A Bestseller's Odyssey from Atlanta to Hollywood
  • Blue Skies And Shining Promises (Sedikhan, #15)
  • Haunt the Haunt, Walk the Walk (Haunted Tour Guide Mystery #3)
  • Everlasting Love
  • A Lady and Her Magic (Faerie, #1)
  • Sour Grapes (Savannah Reid, #6)
  • The Shifter (Shifting Plains #2)
  • Melt Into You
  • Heart Secret (Celta's Heartmates, #11)
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan
More about Kay Hooper...