Start by marking “Rebel Waltz (Loveswept, #128)” as Want to Read:
Rebel Waltz (Loveswept, #128)

Rebel Waltz (Loveswept, #128)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  320 ratings  ·  26 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper tells a timelessly seductive tale of a romance touched by the paranormal and of a woman who opens a door to the unknown and finds a stranger with an irresistible invitation….

With its antebellum setting and gallant history, Jasmine Hall was more than just a business for Banner Clairmont. The lovingly preserved plantation-era inn

Published February 1st 1986 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Waltz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebel Waltz

Julie (jjmachshev)
Another reprint from author Kay Hooper. "Rebel Waltz" was originally published as a 'Loveswept' title in 1986. These two facts (date and publisher) should give you plenty of warning as to the tone and heat index of the book. I confess that I did enjoy it, but that was mostly because I was prepared for the tenor since I knew what I was getting into...

Banner has finally accepted that her beloved antebellum home, Jasmine Hall, will be sold. That doesn't mean she has to like it though! It's where sh
Linda
Rebel Waltz is a novella that wanted to be a short story. It got off to a good start with a progressive pace and interesting premise. However, once Banner & Roy got together, there was nowhere for the story to go and so it plodded along until, like an old wagon horse, it just stopped.

Rebel Waltz initially had the makings of an enjoyable tale. All the things you could want: sassy heroine, old plantation, likeable father. Sounds like Gone with the Wind, doesn't it? Hooper refers to Scarlet and
Samantha Colson
Guess this wasn't my cup of tea. I would have enjoyed it more if it had more supernatural aspects and less of a love story.
Merredith
Kay Hooper...I love her Bishop special FBI series, about FBI agents who have special psychic powers and they discover new people who have the powers while tracking down serial killers and evil things. Cool, right? Well, Rebel Waltz is not in that series. This is one of Hooper's early books and it's pretty bad. It's about...nothing really. There's no conflict to this story. What's the point? It's actually a romance novel, or novelette, it's super short, with some good ghosts around. I'm so glad t ...more
Serena Verdicchio
I had higher hopes for this book. It was really a cute story but I was hoping for more supernatural/paranormal effects rather than essentially just a love story
Michelle
This wasn't one of her better books. Too predictable, not much of a story.
Kari
I enjoyed the romance between Rory and Banner. Rory falls hard and fast when he meets Banner. His pursuit of her was amusing. I'll admit that I liked Rory more than I like Banner. I thought she gave him too much of a hard time about things. Personally, I thought the "practical joke" that she plays on him to get back at him for helping her was in very poor taste. I didn't see the humor in it. Anyway, while it's not the best of her early works, it is an enjoyable read.
Samantha
This is some old school Kay Hooper. I loved the southern setting and the ghost aspect was interesting. But the characters were rather flat and the plot got a little boring. I understand that the plantation had been in the family for years and years but honestly towards the end I wanted to tell everyone to just get over it and move on. Also all the Gone With the Wind talk started to get on my nerves.
Sherry
A very sweet romance that is set in the south where an old plantation is
up for sale; or is it? Rory Stewart has fallen hard but is it for Banner
Clairmont or the antebellum mansion that he wants to turn into a resort?

Kay Hooper has written better starred titles but as I reader I also enjoy reading an author's earlier works.
Sara
Ty
Wow this is almost too sweet. I am almost through and may skim read.
I read the whole thing and it got better toward the end with practical jokes that were hilarious and not as sweet. You understood the ghosts a little better that reside in the house.
Stacey
I have always loved Kay Hooper's books. I've read Rebel Waltz before and I enjoyed it's re-release just as much as I did years ago.
Julie
It didn't look like a romance novel. I hate reading the blurbs because it tells half the story. I guess I need to start.
Janie B
Kay Hooper is better in my opinion as a suspense thriller writer. I'm really not a big romance novel reader.
REGINA Nunez
I like Kay Hooper, she good. I really enjoy reading this book, Romance and ghost , interesting.
Heidi
This one left me wanting more - more chemistry and spark, more angst, more believable characters.
Angela
Apr 11, 2009 Angela rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: paranormal fans, romance
Very cute story. It kept a smile on my face the entire time I was reading it.
Lois
Boring. I gave up after chapter 4 when there was still no sign of conflict.
Carey
Nice little romance, quirky dialogue, simply enjoyable, not one-bit-taxing!
Shannon
The hero calls the heroine "milady" and it really bugged me.
Ellen
one of her early books...short light read...southern romance
SJuhl4
Enjoyable romance set in a haunted New Orleans estate. A nice story.
Randy Holmberg
Quick and easy light read. Something to pass the time.
Heather
Pretty funny in a few spots. Pretty good read.
Breezy
Eh, not the usual good stuff from Kay Hooper.
  • How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1)
  • Walking in Fire (Hawaiian Heroes, #1)
  • Murder at the Powderhorn Ranch (Murder, She Wrote, #12)
  • Lonesome River (Wabash River, #1)
  • Murder Hooks a Mermaid (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery #2)
  • Always (Sedikhan, #8)
  • Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind: A Bestseller's Odyssey from Atlanta to Hollywood
  • Sugar and Spite (Savannah Reid, #5)
  • Everlasting Love
  • Heart Secret (Celta's Heartmates, #11)
  • A Lady and Her Magic (Faerie, #1)
  • Everything I Ever Wanted (Compass Club, #2)
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan
More about Kay Hooper...
Whisper of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #5) Stealing Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #1) Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12) Hunting Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #7) Out of the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #3)