Start by marking “Feel the Heat (Black Ops Inc., #4)” as Want to Read:
Feel the Heat (Black Ops Inc., #4)

Feel the Heat (Black Ops Inc. #4)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  4,187 Ratings  ·  172 Reviews
In New York Times bestselling author Cindy Gerard's sizzling new novel, a ruthless international conspiracy is no match for the irresistible alpha heroes of Black Ops, Inc.

A RACE FOR SURVIVAL...
Bold, blonde Defense Intelligence officer B.J. Chase isn't exactly thrilled when she's summoned from personal leave to investigate an alarming national security breach — until the
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published September 29th 2009 by Pocket Star (first published September 8th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Feel the Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feel the Heat

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. Robb
Best Romantic Suspense
1,628 books — 2,154 voters
Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighThe Darkest Hour by Maya BanksUnlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
I Love A Man In Uniform
1,301 books — 1,373 voters

More lists with this book...

Buggy
Opening line: "B.J Chase had worn her black tank top and khaki shorts for too many hours to count in the Venezuelan climate, where the heat and humidity were often measured in terms of ripe, riper and for God's sake, take a shower."

This is the forth instalment from Cindy Gerard’s fast paced and super-sexy Black-Ops series and fans won’t be disappointed. It's another great ride, filled with action, adventure, exotic locations, sweet lovin and top notch writing.

Even though I never felt as connect
Auntee
Mar 13, 2009 Auntee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of hot romantic suspense
Another winner in Cindy Gerard's excellent, butt-kicking Black Ops series. I don't know how she does it, but CG manages to offer up a different action-packed story every time for each of her Black Ops characters, but always pairs them with a strong, capable, sexy woman who can hold their own with these charismatic alphas. This was handsome Latino Raphael("Choirboy") Mendoza's story, and it's a good one.

Rafe has a heartbreaking childhood which he manages to overcome by enlisting in the military,
Jonetta
DIA Agent B. J. Chase is licking the wounds to her professional ego after a botched mission in Caracas, confounded by the BOI team led by Rafe Mendoza. Her next assignment is her chance to erase that memory and she's teamed with NSA cryptanalyst Stephanie Tompkins for an undercover operation. While the operation is a success, it becomes extremely dangerous for Stephanie and you know what happens next...yes, enter the BOI team.

I continue to be impressed with this series. There was intelligent in
Anita
May 11, 2017 Anita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense
After reading two books where everyone was "perfect" it's great to get back to the rough and tumble BOI boys. The action grabs you from the very beginning and had me reading way to long into the night. A sure sign of a great book.

B.J. is a DIA officer who met Rafe while she was on an op in Caracas. Rafe was on an op too and it turned out to be the same op - awkward. Rafe got the upper hand and B.J. got, well she didn't get a warm reception when she returned to DC after her failed op. Fast forwar
Kathrynn
Mar 13, 2009 Kathrynn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of this series
Nice continuation in this series, but I didn't care for the heroine, B.J. Chase. She was too cold-hearted for me and took too long to develop. Although, when she went undercover as a "dingbat blond" it helped me to like her a little more--most of the time. Her "afraid to get involved," and "can't believe in love," based on the bad relationship her parents had seemed silly. She kept herself closed off from establishing true friendships for various reasons that had me rolling my eyes. She was on t ...more
Dee
Jul 11, 2011 Dee rated it it was amazing
Cindy Gerard has done it again

Every one of this series has been brilliant and by now I would have thought they would start getting a little repetative but no they haven't! They have all been great individual stories and the only things you will find repeated in every one is there is bad guys, sexy super alpha men and really strong independant women.

I was looking forward to reading Raphael's story - To be honest I have been looking forward to reading them all ☺. I wasn't too sure about BJ in the
jenjn79
Sep 25, 2009 jenjn79 rated it liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Rating: 3.5 / 5

Yet another solid addition to this series. It wasn't my favorite, but I liked it.

Series Note:
I recommend reading this series in order.

Summary:
After a run-in in Venezuela a few months back, DIA agent B.J. Chase hopes to never see black ops agent Raphael Mendoza ever again. But then disturbing news comes out that a traitor may be selling E-bomb technology to terrorists and B.J. is forced to work with Rafe in order to save the world.

In the process, Rafe must confront his past in Colo
Xenos
May 27, 2012 Xenos rated it liked it
"Feel The Heat", Cindy Gerard's fourth book in her "Black Ops, Inc." series, unfortunately left me more lukewarm than hot. Pity, because I was so looking forward to Rafael "Choirboy" Mendoza'a story. But this one took a major detour from where I thought it was headed...

From hints in past books, I thought Rafe was finally going to tell Stephanie (his fallen comrade's sister) that he loved her...and I was really looking forward to it. But -- back-the-truck-up! -- he quickly changed his mind and, w
Mar 24, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars
This is the fourth in Gerard's Black Ops series.

Rafael "Choirboy" Mendoza meets B.J. Chase on an op in Venezuela when their missions cross paths. The sparks begin to heat up from their first touch, but anger keeps them separated.
Three months later their objectives cross paths again. Only this time they are on the same side. There is a traitor selling US secrets and they need to find out who and how to stop it.

Like all the other books in the series, this one gets into the action right
Riverina Romantics
Nov 09, 2011 Riverina Romantics rated it it was amazing
I am a SUCKER for a man with an accent. Being an Aussie - I'm not turned on by the slang of Australian males AT ALL, so hearing the soft, sweet words of a sexy Columbian vibrate through my mind just makes me growl.

Did I 'feel the heat'? Oh yeah! I felt the heat all the way to my bones.

This story was a little different from Cindy's other Black Op books. This novel wasn't entirely focused on the connection between B.J & Rafe - it also focused quite a bit on the growing sexual tension between
Quinn
Oct 14, 2011 Quinn rated it liked it

Man, this book is so hard to rate. The writing was great, the suspense plot was tight and compelling, and the characterisations were good. But.....

This is Romantic Suspense, and the romance part of the story was a let-down. I just wasn't feeling it with Rafe and B.J. Sure, B.J. needed to get over herself in a major way, but I don't think that was the whole issue. For me, this was one of those books where you don't get to see the H/h fall in love, it just all of a sudden is.

Lucky for me,
Glamdring

I really liked Raphael "Choirboy" Mendoza from the start but B.J. is the heroine I liked the least in the series. It took me until their undercover op in Venezuela to start to warm up to her. Once there, despite the dramatic circumstances and even though she still had difficulty to be a team player, she really cracked me up.

I also liked the subplot with Stephanie as well as the BOI participation.

~V~
Aug 26, 2011 ~V~ rated it really liked it
Me Likey! :)
Katherine 黄爱芬
BJ Chase tidak suka dipimpin, terutama oleh lelaki Latin seksi yg 3 bln sblmnya jg mempecundangi dirinya. Raphael Mendoza alias Rafe justru senang bertemu kembali dgn cewek pirang pemberani ini. Namun kesenangannya tidak berlangsung lama ketika mereka hrs menyamar sbg sepasang tunangan di Kolombia. Lagi-lagi Chase membandel dan tidak mematuhi Rafe. Tetapi selain ketidakpatuhan tsb, mrk tdk bisa memungkiri tumbuhnya benih-benih cinta dan reaksi kimiawi yg makin mengganas seiring dgn tenggang wakt ...more
May 21, 2017 Laura rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars
Kathy Davie
Jul 31, 2012 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, action, suspense
Fourth in the Black Ops, Inc. romantic suspense series revolving around the BOIs and their futures. The primary couple focus is on Raphael "Choirboy" Mendoza and B.J. Chase with a secondary focus on Stephanie Tompkins and Mean Joe Green.

My Take
This was cute. A totally reluctant woman pushing the hunky Rafe away. Guns and bombs? Bring it on. Possible relationship? Watch her run like hell! Then there's the treat of a pair of women foiling the bad guys and doing it well.

Too cute when Raphael meets
Jane Stewart
Mar 13, 2011 Jane Stewart rated it liked it
Too predictable. The conflicts worked out too easily and smoothly. Character combinations not different enough.

STORY BRIEF:
BJ has hurts from her past – mostly due to an alcoholic mother. She has no friends or love relationships, and she doesn’t want any. She is a field agent for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). There has been a leak inside the NSA. Stephanie works for the NSA as a cryptanalyst. BJ is assigned to work with Stephanie to help discover the source of the leak. Stephanie uncover
Jennifer Lane
I felt the heat! And the emotion. I'm really enjoying the Black Ops series by Cindy Gerard (thanks for the recommendation, Buggy!) Each setting and story is unique and compelling.

This time the main character is a woman (BJ) so hurt by the past that she's terrified of falling in love. Typically that's a role reserved for a man, and it was refreshing to read this gender twist. BJ works as a U.S. Defense Intelligence officer whose sting gets interrupted by a group of BOIs. Quite an auspicious meet
Kayla
Nov 03, 2012 Kayla rated it really liked it
Overall this was a pretty good book. However, I didn't feel there was enough action. At times Feel the Heat was almost boring.

I also didn't connect with either of the main characters; I just didn't feel the love.

B.J. Chase: Some thought she was cold hearted, but I didn't think so. She built up a wall to protect herself and she had some trust issues. (Who doesn't?) Add that to the fact that she works in a mans world... Well she had to be he best that she could be. She also had a tough time growin
Susan (susayq ~)

Another action-packed novel by Cindy Gerard. I tell ya, this woman can write action like nobody's business. From the beginning of the book to the end.

This was Raphael and B.J.'s book. I fell totally in love with Rafe. We learned about his past and it broke my heart and I wanted to hold him and make it all better. B.J. had a past as well. Hers nearly cost her Rafe.

The reason I deducted half a star was because I didn't feel the connection between Rafe and B.J. During the first half of
Cindi
Mar 28, 2009 Cindi rated it really liked it
Cindy Gerard never disappoints. This 4th Black Ops books is as clever and enthralling as its predecessors, and fits well within Ms. Gerard's normal worldbuilding. I had a bit of trouble liking her heroine, B.J., in the beginning (she's one of those uber-tough, let-no-one-in chicks) at first however its only took me about 5 seconds to fall for Rafe, the BOI she features in this adventure. The premise of this story has been done before, but I really like Cindy's version!
Sonia
Aug 01, 2012 Sonia rated it really liked it
Shelves: r-suspense
Con esta serie Gerard ha encontrado las medidas perfectas para prepar un coctel de acción, temperaturas elevadas y sentimientos que engullo encantada.
Si, algunos detalles claman al cielo (capo de cartel y banquero de dicho capo, sin contraseña en los portátiles donde tiene todos los datos importantes???? por mencionar lo más llamativo), pero es lo de menos, como las sombrillitas en los cócteles de playa, son superfluas y tontorronas pero vienen con lo que realmente interesa ;)
Cristina
Jan 11, 2013 Cristina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r-suspense
Three-and-a-half stars.

The romance was a little flat for me. Or rather, it was B.J. I didn't dislike her but she was also a bit of a coldfish in many ways. I wanted someone more from her.
I was kinda disappointed with this book. It had so much potential but there were too many leaps of logic and I didn't feel much emotion in the relationship Rafe/B.J. However it still a good book.

Keri
Cindy brought home a real winner with this one. I have loved all the books in the series, but I just really connected with BJ and Rafe. I thought they were hot together and the book really worked!
Tiffany L
May 25, 2016 Tiffany L rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Another exciting action filled addition to the Black Ops, Inc. series.

B.J. Chase: DIA officer who is bold and cold? I love Cindy Gerard for creating a series filled with strong females. Each woman is able to handle whatever is thrown at them but also show an emotional and weaker side when everything is done. B.J. grew up not having the love one would get in a loving family. Her dad was always gone on ops and her mom wasn't there emotionally for her. She saw her mother unhappy all the time leadi
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
Feel The Heat, Cindy Gerard's fourth book in the Black Ops Inc. series has a bit of a slow build, but once the plot and characters are in place, it really takes off and is probably one of the best books I've read in the series so far. We're introduced to B.J. Chase, an extremely capable DIA Agent, as she's working on bringing in an informant. When Raphael "Rafe" Mendoza and the BOI's also show up on the same operation, things go south in her world...fast.

The chemistry is intense and the sparks
Gina
Nov 14, 2012 Gina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Another Big Hit!!!

Cindy Gerard amazes me, I was taken on another wild fun sexy ride!

Raphael and the Black Ops team and DIA Agent B.J have to stop the bad guys. And to do that Raphael has to go back to his roots and deal with old family ghosts and issues. The beginning was hard for me to follow honestly, and i started skimming paragraphs. The it started to get fun, exciting and steamy! B.J. kinda got on my nerves, she appeared standoffish and bitchy, not just with him but everyone. You eventually
Ruthie
H/h: Raphael "Rafe" Mendoza/BJ Chase
All the boys of the BOI team, and a nice little surprise, two people get together and I would not have guessed that was coming.
Where: The Washington DC area and Venezuela

Feel the Heat was not my favorite in this series for several reasons but the number one reason was that I simply could not relate to BJ. She was just too hard core for me. I've known a few women like that and frankly I can't picture them ever changing so it was hard for me to see hope for her
LaFleurBleue
Reread in April 2013

I downgraded the rating to 4 instead of 5 stars for this one.

I had forgotten how annoying and stubborn BJ was and how much she was not deserving of Rafe's attentions, IMO. She was too hard, too cold, too unfeeling and too closed off to anyone. She did not give me a lot of hope.

What I really liked however is their episode playing fiancés, with BJ behaving like a clueless and heartless bimbo. This whole stage is indeed excellent. The first part definitely not up to par and I wa
Booklover, Indianapolis
February - 3.5 - ok, but the plot reminded me of so many other books I've read - felt like I've read this before, from the heroine's mystery 'initial' name (and really, what woman would allow herself to go by the initials BJ?) which I read in an Erin McCarthy short story (CJ) and also in a Cherry Adair (AJ) to the South American good guy w/familial ties to bad guys to...I don't know, just it all seemed kinda "been there, done that." But - love the BOIs just the same and looking forward to pickin ...more
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question A 8 6 Jul 03, 2017 05:31AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question N 20 6 May 30, 2017 09:51PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question M 6 6 May 30, 2017 03:16AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question K 5 7 May 29, 2017 07:50PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question J 6 5 May 29, 2017 07:47PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question I 5 5 May 29, 2017 07:45PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question H 5 6 May 29, 2017 07:44PM
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
  • Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops, #2)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Hot Zone (Elite Force #2)
195778
The only thing Cindy had in mind when she started writing her first book was finishing it. The issue of actually selling it came much later. Only after she made that life-altering first sale did she realize that one book would never be enough. Now, over 20 books and numerous awards later, Cindy laughingly admits that she can barely remember life before...well, was there life before writing?

Actuall
More about Cindy Gerard...

Black Ops Inc. (8 books)
  • Show No Mercy (Black Ops Inc., #1)
  • Take No Prisoners (Black Ops Inc., #2)
  • Whisper No Lies (Black Ops Inc., #3)
  • Risk No Secrets (Black Ops Inc., #5)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops Inc., #6)
  • Last Man Standing (Black Ops Inc., #7)
  • Love Is Murder