Start by marking “Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4)” as Want to Read:
Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4)

Feel the Heat (Black Ops Inc. #4)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  3,122 ratings  ·  136 reviews
In New York Times bestselling author Cindy Gerard's sizzling new novel, a ruthless international conspiracy is no match for the irresistible alpha heroes of Black Ops, Inc.

A RACE FOR SURVIVAL...

Bold, blonde Defense Intelligence officer B. J. Chase isn't exactly thrilled when she's summoned from personal leave to investigate an alarming national security breach -- unti

Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published September 29th 2009 by Pocket Star (first published September 8th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Feel the Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feel the Heat

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
71st out of 1,268 books — 1,659 voters
Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareThe Darkest Hour by Maya Banks
I Love A Man In Uniform
55th out of 983 books — 962 voters

More lists with this book...

Buggy
Opening line: "B.J Chase had worn her black tank top and khaki shorts for too many hours to count in the Venezuelan climate, where the heat and humidity were often measured in terms of ripe, riper and for God's sake, take a shower."

This is the forth instalment from Cindy Gerard’s fast paced and super-sexy Black-Ops series and fans won’t be disappointed. It's another great ride, filled with action, adventure, exotic locations, sweet lovin and top notch writing.

Even though I never felt as connect
Auntee
Nov 10, 2009 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of hot romantic suspense
Another winner in Cindy Gerard's excellent, butt-kicking Black Ops series. I don't know how she does it, but CG manages to offer up a different action-packed story every time for each of her Black Ops characters, but always pairs them with a strong, capable, sexy woman who can hold their own with these charismatic alphas. This was handsome Latino Raphael("Choirboy") Mendoza's story, and it's a good one.

Rafe has a heartbreaking childhood which he manages to overcome by enlisting in the military,
Kathrynn
Nice continuation in this series, but I didn't care for the heroine, B.J. Chase. She was too cold-hearted for me and took too long to develop. Although, when she went undercover as a "dingbat blond" it helped me to like her a little more--most of the time. Her "afraid to get involved," and "can't believe in love," based on the bad relationship her parents had seemed silly. She kept herself closed off from establishing true friendships for various reasons that had me rolling my eyes. She was on t ...more
Dee
Cindy Gerard has done it again

Every one of this series has been brilliant and by now I would have thought they would start getting a little repetative but no they haven't! They have all been great individual stories and the only things you will find repeated in every one is there is bad guys, sexy super alpha men and really strong independant women.

I was looking forward to reading Raphael's story - To be honest I have been looking forward to reading them all ☺. I wasn't too sure about BJ in the
4 1/2 stars
This is the fourth in Gerard's Black Ops series.

Rafael "Choirboy" Mendoza meets B.J. Chase on an op in Venezuela when their missions cross paths. The sparks begin to heat up from their first touch, but anger keeps them separated.
Three months later their objectives cross paths again. Only this time they are on the same side. There is a traitor selling US secrets and they need to find out who and how to stop it.

Like all the other books in the series, this one gets into the action right
jenjn79
May 10, 2010 jenjn79 rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Rating: 3.5 / 5

Yet another solid addition to this series. It wasn't my favorite, but I liked it.

Series Note:
I recommend reading this series in order.

Summary:
After a run-in in Venezuela a few months back, DIA agent B.J. Chase hopes to never see black ops agent Raphael Mendoza ever again. But then disturbing news comes out that a traitor may be selling E-bomb technology to terrorists and B.J. is forced to work with Rafe in order to save the world.

In the process, Rafe must confront his past in Colo
~J~ Riverina Romantics
I am a SUCKER for a man with an accent. Being an Aussie - I'm not turned on by the slang of Australian males AT ALL, so hearing the soft, sweet words of a sexy Columbian vibrate through my mind just makes me growl.

Did I 'feel the heat'? Oh yeah! I felt the heat all the way to my bones.

This story was a little different from Cindy's other Black Op books. This novel wasn't entirely focused on the connection between B.J & Rafe - it also focused quite a bit on the growing sexual tension between
Glamdring

I really liked Raphael "Choirboy" Mendoza from the start but B.J. is the heroine I liked the least in the series. It took me until their undercover op in Venezuela to start to warm up to her. Once there, despite the dramatic circumstances and even though she still had difficulty to be a team player, she really cracked me up.

I also liked the subplot with Stephanie as well as the BOI participation.

Xenos
"Feel The Heat", Cindy Gerard's fourth book in her "Black Ops, Inc." series, unfortunately left me more lukewarm than hot. Pity, because I was so looking forward to Rafael "Choirboy" Mendoza'a story. But this one took a major detour from where I thought it was headed...

From hints in past books, I thought Rafe was finally going to tell Stephanie (his fallen comrade's sister) that he loved her...and I was really looking forward to it. But -- back-the-truck-up! -- he quickly changed his mind and, w
Jennifer Lane
I felt the heat! And the emotion. I'm really enjoying the Black Ops series by Cindy Gerard (thanks for the recommendation, Buggy!) Each setting and story is unique and compelling.

This time the main character is a woman (BJ) so hurt by the past that she's terrified of falling in love. Typically that's a role reserved for a man, and it was refreshing to read this gender twist. BJ works as a U.S. Defense Intelligence officer whose sting gets interrupted by a group of BOIs. Quite an auspicious meet
Kayla
Overall this was a pretty good book. However, I didn't feel there was enough action. At times Feel the Heat was almost boring.

I also didn't connect with either of the main characters; I just didn't feel the love.

B.J. Chase: Some thought she was cold hearted, but I didn't think so. She built up a wall to protect herself and she had some trust issues. (Who doesn't?) Add that to the fact that she works in a mans world... Well she had to be he best that she could be. She also had a tough time growin
Quinn

Man, this book is so hard to rate. The writing was great, the suspense plot was tight and compelling, and the characterisations were good. But.....

This is Romantic Suspense, and the romance part of the story was a let-down. I just wasn't feeling it with Rafe and B.J. Sure, B.J. needed to get over herself in a major way, but I don't think that was the whole issue. For me, this was one of those books where you don't get to see the H/h fall in love, it just all of a sudden is.

Lucky for me,
Sonia
Con esta serie Gerard ha encontrado las medidas perfectas para prepar un coctel de acción, temperaturas elevadas y sentimientos que engullo encantada.
Si, algunos detalles claman al cielo (capo de cartel y banquero de dicho capo, sin contraseña en los portátiles donde tiene todos los datos importantes???? por mencionar lo más llamativo), pero es lo de menos, como las sombrillitas en los cócteles de playa, son superfluas y tontorronas pero vienen con lo que realmente interesa ;)
Cindi
Cindy Gerard never disappoints. This 4th Black Ops books is as clever and enthralling as its predecessors, and fits well within Ms. Gerard's normal worldbuilding. I had a bit of trouble liking her heroine, B.J., in the beginning (she's one of those uber-tough, let-no-one-in chicks) at first however its only took me about 5 seconds to fall for Rafe, the BOI she features in this adventure. The premise of this story has been done before, but I really like Cindy's version!
Cristina
Three-and-a-half stars.

The romance was a little flat for me. Or rather, it was B.J. I didn't dislike her but she was also a bit of a coldfish in many ways. I wanted someone more from her.
I was kinda disappointed with this book. It had so much potential but there were too many leaps of logic and I didn't feel much emotion in the relationship Rafe/B.J. However it still a good book.

Keri
Cindy brought home a real winner with this one. I have loved all the books in the series, but I just really connected with BJ and Rafe. I thought they were hot together and the book really worked!
Jane Stewart
Too predictable. The conflicts worked out too easily and smoothly. Character combinations not different enough.

STORY BRIEF:
BJ has hurts from her past – mostly due to an alcoholic mother. She has no friends or love relationships, and she doesn’t want any. She is a field agent for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). There has been a leak inside the NSA. Stephanie works for the NSA as a cryptanalyst. BJ is assigned to work with Stephanie to help discover the source of the leak. Stephanie uncover
Kathy Davie
Fourth in the Black Ops, Inc. romantic suspense series revolving around the BOIs and their futures. The primary couple focus is on Raphael "Choirboy" Mendoza and B.J. Chase with a secondary focus on Stephanie Tompkins and Mean Joe Green.

My Take
This was cute. A totally reluctant woman pushing the hunky Rafe away. Guns and bombs? Bring it on. Possible relationship? Watch her run like hell! Then there's the treat of a pair of women foiling the bad guys and doing it well.

Too cute when Raphael meets
Ruthie
H/h: Raphael "Rafe" Mendoza/BJ Chase
All the boys of the BOI team, and a nice little surprise, two people get together and I would not have guessed that was coming.
Where: The Washington DC area and Venezuela

Feel the Heat was not my favorite in this series for several reasons but the number one reason was that I simply could not relate to BJ. She was just too hard core for me. I've known a few women like that and frankly I can't picture them ever changing so it was hard for me to see hope for her
Gina
Another Big Hit!!!

Cindy Gerard amazes me, I was taken on another wild fun sexy ride!

Raphael and the Black Ops team and DIA Agent B.J have to stop the bad guys. And to do that Raphael has to go back to his roots and deal with old family ghosts and issues. The beginning was hard for me to follow honestly, and i started skimming paragraphs. The it started to get fun, exciting and steamy! B.J. kinda got on my nerves, she appeared standoffish and bitchy, not just with him but everyone. You eventually
Susan (susayq ~)

Another action-packed novel by Cindy Gerard. I tell ya, this woman can write action like nobody's business. From the beginning of the book to the end.

This was Raphael and B.J.'s book. I fell totally in love with Rafe. We learned about his past and it broke my heart and I wanted to hold him and make it all better. B.J. had a past as well. Hers nearly cost her Rafe.

The reason I deducted half a star was because I didn't feel the connection between Rafe and B.J. During the first half of
LaFleurBleue
Reread in April 2013

I downgraded the rating to 4 instead of 5 stars for this one.

I had forgotten how annoying and stubborn BJ was and how much she was not deserving of Rafe's attentions, IMO. She was too hard, too cold, too unfeeling and too closed off to anyone. She did not give me a lot of hope.

What I really liked however is their episode playing fiancés, with BJ behaving like a clueless and heartless bimbo. This whole stage is indeed excellent. The first part definitely not up to par and I wa
Linda Ng
If you enjoy red-hot romance, action-adventure, terrifying scenes that involve CIA, NSA,terrorists and modern-day weapondry (frag granades, Glocks etc.) as well as Big Bad Sexy Black-Ops characters, then anything written by Cindy Gerard is a great choice. I am never disappointed by Ms. Gerard's novels since they provide an entertaining "kick-ass" read from start to finish!!!! I think my friends who love sexy paranormal reads would probably be able to "sink their teeth" into Cindy's novels if the ...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This is one of those series that surprised me. I can't really add to that except it was great! Black-Ops is a set of men who lost a great friend Bryan. His family adopted them all as their sons and made them all their family. They stick together. Each man gets his own story. Each man and story is different & each man is soo flippin' HOT!! LOL!

This is Rafe's (Raphael Mendoza's) story although it's partially shared with Joe & Stephanie...

This is a must read series if you like to sit on t
Booklover, Indianapolis
February - 3.5 - ok, but the plot reminded me of so many other books I've read - felt like I've read this before, from the heroine's mystery 'initial' name (and really, what woman would allow herself to go by the initials BJ?) which I read in an Erin McCarthy short story (CJ) and also in a Cherry Adair (AJ) to the South American good guy w/familial ties to bad guys to...I don't know, just it all seemed kinda "been there, done that." But - love the BOIs just the same and looking forward to pickin ...more
Callixta

Cindy Gerard maîtrise à la perfection ces romantic suspense entre aventures, romances et géopolitique. Elle le montre encore ici avec le tome consacré à Rafe Mendoza, un des membres de cette équipe d’agents privés qui peuvent trouver une solution à tous les problèmes. Nous connaissons la plupart des protagonistes et Rafe est, pour les amateurs de la série, un séduisant Latino. Colombien d’origine, il était très proche de celui qui a rapproché tous ces homm
Duchess Nicole
A great, suspenseful read, but I really hoped I'd like B.J. a bit more. She was a tough chick, but the romance wasn't there. Can't put my finger on it, but the relationship between Rafe and B.J. just didn't do it for me. Still worth the read! And there is a side romance that just seemed to get in the way of the main storyline. I'm hoping it gets played out in another book, as it seems like an awfully important one to just gloss over. And when do we get more of Nate Black?!
Wendy
There are two plot parts to this book: 1) The Colombia drug cartel conspiracy of launching a E-bomb into the United States; 2) The romance between the two main leads.

The first part is incredibly well-written. There's almost an absurd amount of detail that goes into researching the DIA, the NSA, and the overall workings of the American senior government system, before the terrorism conspiracy is revealed to the reader. There is so much detail, you're incredibly immersed into this story and comple
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
Another very enjoyable Black Ops books. Cindy Gerard is fast becoming one of my favourite authors, certainly in relation to romantic suspense and military/ex-SEAL. I don't think she can write a bad book and all the ones I've read so far have been solid 4 star books. Her style of writing suits me perfectly. She writes scrumptuous heros and feisty, sensible heroines. Her stories are fast paced and never boring. Onto the next one!
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Run to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #3)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Deadly Promises (Includes: B.A.D. Series, #4.5; Black Ops, Inc., #5.5; Tracers, #4.5)
195778
The only thing Cindy had in mind when she started writing her first book was finishing it. The issue of actually selling it came much later. Only after she made that life-altering first sale did she realize that one book would never be enough. Now, over 20 books and numerous awards later, Cindy laughingly admits that she can barely remember life before...well, was there life before writing?

Actuall
More about Cindy Gerard...
Show No Mercy (Black Ops, #1) To the Edge (The Bodyguards, #1) Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3) Take No Prisoners (Black Ops, #2) With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)