Millionaire Wives Club

Millionaire Wives Club (Millionaire Wives Club #1)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  430 ratings  ·  40 reviews
In Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker’s steamiest novel yet, we meet the four deliciously dramatic, designer-clad divas from prime time’s new hit reality show, The Millionaire Wives Club.

Evan: Married to a pro-football star who isn’t in love with her anymore, Evan is digging her freshly manicured nails in ever deeper as she fights to keep the husband who loves someone else.

Milan: Half...more
Published November 10th 2009 by One World/Ballantine

The Joy Luck Club by Amy TanFight Club by Chuck PalahniukThe Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy FowlerThe Club Dumas by Arturo Pérez-ReverteThe Dante Club by Matthew Pearl
Books with 'Club' in the Title
118th out of 130 books — 20 voters
G-Spot by NoireThe Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahAddicted by ZaneStripping Asjiah by Sa'Rese ThompsonEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida Clark
Best Urban Fiction
165th out of 172 books — 273 voters

More lists with this book...

Kim
This book was like a train-wreck that you want to move out of the way from, but just have to keep reading to see what further antics these crazy woman are going to get into. This was one of the most ghetto books that I have ever read. You would never expect woman who are "millionaires" to behave the way these woman did, threatening to punch someone in the face every five minutes, and every other word out of their mouths being the F word. Now we know most reality shows are a farse, and this book...more
Eva Leger
This book ended up upsetting me because there was really the potential for a five star book and instead it ended up being a three star for me. Whitacker is a talented author but she tried for things she shouldn't have just yet IMO. I think an author with more under her could have pulled this off as a five star - someone like Jodi Picoult or Anita Shreve, maybe Sister Souljah.
I'm soooo tired of the cliches "crazy chick" who smashes mirrors, puts make-up on wrong, pretends to be someone else, etc...more
Angelia
The people in this book was a MESS......Can you say DRAMA with a capital D but non-the-less I can't wait to read the next one to see what they're up to now......
Sheila
THIS BOOK WAS SO GHETTO AND I LOVED EVERY PAGE OF IT...
Ms.Toni
Big Brother is Watching

Evan, Milan, Jaise and Chaunci have invited the world into their lives through the newest reality show Millionaire Wives Club.

In one corner...
Evan is in a loveless marriage with an athlete in love with someone else. She's willing to do whatever to keep him and keep up the charade that she calls her life. Her good friend Jaise is a divorced, single mother living large via child support and alimony. Raising a wannabe thug and attracting all the wrong men, Jaise has her han...more
Metris
DA TRUTH....is this book was funny as hell, I can not wait to see what Tu-Shonda Whitaker is going to bring in the next book! OMG I have almost pee'd my pants laughing so HARD. I have to admit I might not have gotten the same effect if I would have read it...I actually listened to the audio version and the narrator was on point! and that's DA TRUTH
LaTonya
This was a very entertaining read from start to finish. This is the first book I've read by Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker and it won't be my last as I'm now a fan of this author. This book was full of drama, humor, and scandal and I really enjoyed reading it. This was a good read and I can't wait to see what I'm going to read next by this author.
Alexia Lewis
This book was hilarious!
I listened to this one on audio via audible and my goodness was I cracking up. Very good read/listen indeed. I do recommend
C.
I could hardly put this book down. I loved it and can't wait to read the next one. The characters pull you in and refuse to let you go.
Janice
This was better than The Real Housewives of Atlanta
Nardsbaby Reader
The New Normal

"The Millionaire Wives Club" is a reality show based on the extravagant lives of four African American women. Evan is married to New York Giants linebacker Kendu Malik. Milan is married to Yusef `Da Truef' Starks, number twenty-three for the New York Knicks. Chaunci Morgan is the editor in chief of Nubian Divas magazine. Jaise Williams is divorced from Lawrence Williams, the ex-heavy weight champion.

I was hoping that "The Millionaire Wives Club" would be something new, fresh and e...more
OOSA
Too Much

There's nothing as interesting as other people's lives, especially if those people are in the public eye. The setting is the Millionaire Wives Club, the newest reality TV show that follows the lives of four women - Chaunci, Evan, Jaise and Milan.

I had heard a lot of good things about this author and this book, so I was excited when I picked up my copy. An ambitious project, MILLIONAIRE WIVES CLUB is overly exaggerated. While developing interesting characters, they were also lacking dept...more
Shalonda
This is my first time reading a book by Tu-shonda Whitaker. All I can say is drama, drama and more drama. There was moments that I truly felt for each woman and then some times I wanted to reach out and smack them. This could have been a 5 star read. But I felt that some of the scenes were over the top ghetto. This does not stop me from wanting to read the next installment.
April Dorris
I love a good reality show and I love the occasional display of drama but this book was a bit too much for me. It was drama overload and had no thread of hope what so ever, not that it had the intention of being so. What really depressed me more than anything was the notion that if we are really lucky in life, when we turn away from the money-chasing, we will end up with a good man that will save us with his goodness and also happen to be rich. We keep re-telling the Pretty Woman story in differ...more
Wyldchild
Ths book was funny sad and very entertaining I loved it from the first page to the last I won't spill any details but it was a great and enjoyable read
Charlene Richardson
When I read the synopsis for this book I just knew it was going to be a horrible read, but Tu-Shonda proved me very wrong. This book follows the lives of Chaunci, Jaise, Milan, and Evan. Each woman is a millionaire either by marriage or on their own, but they still experience the drama that a broke person would and on many different levels all while being filmed for a reality show. From single parenting to drug abuse. This was a wonderful read, as well as the second book. 5 stars*****
Glam
If you like the Real House Wives of Atlanta (Notes)...... I had to say that like that ok... you will love Millionaire Wives Club, the book is Da Truef, The character in this novel will have you turning the pages and wish this book never comes to an end, and just when you think the author is about to wrap the story up she brings in a few more characters that will have you LoL! The is a page turner that will not disappoint you.
Charlene
If you are entertained by the TV show "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," you'll love this book. The story follows the lives of 4 rich (i.e."new money") women and the drama, heartbreak, and personal struggles that these women experience in trying to maintain an image of perfection and happiness for the camera. A true behind the scenes look confirming that all that glitters isn't necessarily gold.
Tammy Flores
I just finished this book last night. I can't get over women just wanting a man for his money but of course this is for a reality show and it does happen and in real life it happens also. I just want to love a man and not have to worry about money. One character feels that way at the end when she falls in love and then finds out he has money so it proves you can love without money.
Lab
Before there was the Real Housewives of ALT there was this book, get both parts or you may be lost in some places..The lives of 4 women are featured on a reality show with all their trials and tribulations..Good weekend read...
Lena♥(Nothing Like Your Last,Im Your Present) Lakeisha
This book was soooo Good, I read this in two days.
My first book by this Author and won't be the last!
This book was action-pack, and very very interesting I wanted more and hated it ended!-Good Job!5stars;
Starlita
I love the book. The book is about four wives who try show "on TV" how prefect their life are. The lives fall apart right in front of the camera eyes.
Unique811
amazing.....getting reading for season or should i say book 2. felt like i was watching/reading a season of basketball wives.....lol.
Balis Moore
This book was some of everything crazy, funny, sad and it was real good wish there was a part 2 i'd read definitely read it
Dominique
This book was sooooooo good!!! Lol omg. I would buy part 2 lol...reading it again! Forgot how good this book is!
E G
I laughed thru the whole book. This was really Gooding listening to
Rakia
I really enjoyed this book. Perfect blend of drama and comedy.
Terri-Ale Sanders
pretty good book..looking forward to reading more books by the author
Ukela A.
Millionaire Wives Club was an absolute page-turner.
  • Material Girl
  • Snapped
  • Black Diamond
  • Diary of a Mistress
  • Keyshia and Clyde
  • The Dopefiend (The Dopeman, #2)
  • Amongst Thieves (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker is the award winning, Essence bestselling author of Flip Side of the Game and Game Over.
She is also a contributing writer to the anthologies: Cream and Kiss The Year Goodbye.
Whitaker was awarded the Ella Baker and W.E.B. Du Bois International Award for fiction writing. Her most recent title, The Ex Factor has been featured in several magazines such as Vibe Vixen and Romanti...more
More about Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker...
Flip Side of the Game Game Over (Triple Crown Publications Presents) The Ex Factor Money Never Sleeps: A Millionaire Wives Club Novel Rich Girl Problems (Millionaire Wives Club)