Start by marking “Millionaire Wives Club” as Want to Read:
Millionaire Wives Club

Millionaire Wives Club (Millionaire Wives Club #1)

In Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker’s steamiest novel yet, we meet the four deliciously dramatic, designer-clad divas from prime time’s new hit reality show, The Millionaire Wives Club.

Evan: Married to a pro-football star who isn’t in love with her anymore, Evan is digging her freshly manicured nails in ever deeper as she fights to keep the husband who loves someone else.

Milan: Half
Published November 10th 2009 by One World/Ballantine (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Millionaire Wives Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Millionaire Wives Club

Kim
Nov 22, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: hood-lit
This book was like a train-wreck that you want to move out of the way from, but just have to keep reading to see what further antics these crazy woman are going to get into. This was one of the most ghetto books that I have ever read. You would never expect woman who are "millionaires" to behave the way these woman did, threatening to punch someone in the face every five minutes, and every other word out of their mouths being the F word. Now we know most reality shows are a farse, and this book ...more
Alexia Lewis
This book was hilarious!
I listened to this one on audio via audible and my goodness was I cracking up. Very good read/listen indeed. I do recommend
Sheila
Aug 28, 2012 Sheila rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS SO GHETTO AND I LOVED EVERY PAGE OF IT...
Eva Leger
Feb 27, 2009 Eva Leger rated it liked it
Shelves: b-urban-fiction
This book ended up upsetting me because there was really the potential for a five star book and instead it ended up being a three star for me. Whitacker is a talented author but she tried for things she shouldn't have just yet IMO. I think an author with more under her could have pulled this off as a five star - someone like Jodi Picoult or Anita Shreve, maybe Sister Souljah.
I'm soooo tired of the cliches "crazy chick" who smashes mirrors, puts make-up on wrong, pretends to be someone else, etc
Angelia
Apr 02, 2010 Angelia rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
The people in this book was a MESS......Can you say DRAMA with a capital D but non-the-less I can't wait to read the next one to see what they're up to now......
Ms.Toni
Nov 22, 2009 Ms.Toni rated it liked it
Big Brother is Watching

Evan, Milan, Jaise and Chaunci have invited the world into their lives through the newest reality show Millionaire Wives Club.

In one corner...
Evan is in a loveless marriage with an athlete in love with someone else. She's willing to do whatever to keep him and keep up the charade that she calls her life. Her good friend Jaise is a divorced, single mother living large via child support and alimony. Raising a wannabe thug and attracting all the wrong men, Jaise has her han
LaTonya
Jun 04, 2013 LaTonya rated it really liked it
This was a very entertaining read from start to finish. This is the first book I've read by Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker and it won't be my last as I'm now a fan of this author. This book was full of drama, humor, and scandal and I really enjoyed reading it. This was a good read and I can't wait to see what I'm going to read next by this author.
Metris
Jan 16, 2014 Metris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
DA TRUTH....is this book was funny as hell, I can not wait to see what Tu-Shonda Whitaker is going to bring in the next book! OMG I have almost pee'd my pants laughing so HARD. I have to admit I might not have gotten the same effect if I would have read it...I actually listened to the audio version and the narrator was on point! and that's DA TRUTH
Janice
Jun 02, 2013 Janice rated it it was amazing
This was better than The Real Housewives of Atlanta
C.
Apr 13, 2012 C. rated it it was amazing
I could hardly put this book down. I loved it and can't wait to read the next one. The characters pull you in and refuse to let you go.
Mahoghani 23
I loved this book. It was funny, sad, full of karma and very devious.

4 women who have nothing in common except rich husbands, sign up to do a reality tv show,"Millionaire Wives Club" and this show with the crazy producer is off the charts. Evan, Milan, Chaunci & Jaise appear to have it all together but the inside is full of turmoil.

Evan is married to Malik and she's barely holding on to him by a thin thread. She's manipulative, controlling and certifiably crazy. You will hate her sometimes,
Cheryl Durham
Dec 24, 2016 Cheryl Durham rated it it was ok
Welcome to Tu-Shonda Whitaker's RHOA (Real Housewives of Atlanta) meets Women of Substance on reality tv. Evan, Milan. Jaise and Chaunci may be dressed eloquently but they are missing a few screws. Heck, they are missing more than a few screws!

I was not familiar with this author. But, it seemed as if I knew what would be written next and the entire flow. Cat fights, the love of a man, love don't live here anymore and so many other issues are presented. Oh no...more cat fight reading.....

Evan wo
OOSA
Nov 01, 2009 OOSA rated it liked it
Too Much

There's nothing as interesting as other people's lives, especially if those people are in the public eye. The setting is the Millionaire Wives Club, the newest reality TV show that follows the lives of four women - Chaunci, Evan, Jaise and Milan.

I had heard a lot of good things about this author and this book, so I was excited when I picked up my copy. An ambitious project, MILLIONAIRE WIVES CLUB is overly exaggerated. While developing interesting characters, they were also lacking dept
Nardsbaby Reader
Dec 01, 2009 Nardsbaby Reader rated it liked it
The New Normal

"The Millionaire Wives Club" is a reality show based on the extravagant lives of four African American women. Evan is married to New York Giants linebacker Kendu Malik. Milan is married to Yusef `Da Truef' Starks, number twenty-three for the New York Knicks. Chaunci Morgan is the editor in chief of Nubian Divas magazine. Jaise Williams is divorced from Lawrence Williams, the ex-heavy weight champion.

I was hoping that "The Millionaire Wives Club" would be something new, fresh and e
April Corbett (Dorris)
May 15, 2012 April Corbett (Dorris) rated it did not like it
I love a good reality show and I love the occasional display of drama but this book was a bit too much for me. It was drama overload and had no thread of hope what so ever, not that it had the intention of being so. What really depressed me more than anything was the notion that if we are really lucky in life, when we turn away from the money-chasing, we will end up with a good man that will save us with his goodness and also happen to be rich. We keep re-telling the Pretty Woman story in differ ...more
Shelia
Feb 02, 2013 Shelia rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of TuShonda Whitaker's work since the beginning. Millionaire Wives Club doesn't disappoint. There's so much drama between the pages, it was hard for me to set the book down to do anything else. Evan, Milan, Jaise and Chaunci have so many issues; they are a producer's gold-mine. I could visualize the show being a hit, but since it was a book, I think Whitaker has another hit on her hands.

The women in Millionaire Wives Club make the Atlanta Housewives seem like kittens. Good Job Ms
Charlene Richardson
Mar 25, 2012 Charlene Richardson rated it it was amazing
When I read the synopsis for this book I just knew it was going to be a horrible read, but Tu-Shonda proved me very wrong. This book follows the lives of Chaunci, Jaise, Milan, and Evan. Each woman is a millionaire either by marriage or on their own, but they still experience the drama that a broke person would and on many different levels all while being filmed for a reality show. From single parenting to drug abuse. This was a wonderful read, as well as the second book. 5 stars*****
Glam
May 03, 2009 Glam rated it it was amazing
If you like the Real House Wives of Atlanta (Notes)...... I had to say that like that ok... you will love Millionaire Wives Club, the book is Da Truef, The character in this novel will have you turning the pages and wish this book never comes to an end, and just when you think the author is about to wrap the story up she brings in a few more characters that will have you LoL! The is a page turner that will not disappoint you.
K. N.
Jun 25, 2015 K. N. rated it really liked it
This book took a while for me to get into. I was able to really listen to it during my summer vacation. These women were full of drama and had so many secrets. I did have a favorite character because they all got on my nerves at one point. I am looking forward to reading the next book of the series. Hopefully it won't take me as long.
Ashley
Aug 06, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
This book was sooooo eventful! Drama drama drama! I didn't even know who to hate and who to love. Eventually I chose though. Some characters you had to love - Jaise while others were complete crack pots - Evan. Like seriously bleach in a child's oatmeal that's sick. Anyway, I recommend this book to many people.
Charlene
Dec 29, 2009 Charlene rated it really liked it
If you are entertained by the TV show "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," you'll love this book. The story follows the lives of 4 rich (i.e."new money") women and the drama, heartbreak, and personal struggles that these women experience in trying to maintain an image of perfection and happiness for the camera. A true behind the scenes look confirming that all that glitters isn't necessarily gold.
Shalonda
Jul 06, 2014 Shalonda rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading a book by Tu-shonda Whitaker. All I can say is drama, drama and more drama. There was moments that I truly felt for each woman and then some times I wanted to reach out and smack them. This could have been a 5 star read. But I felt that some of the scenes were over the top ghetto. This does not stop me from wanting to read the next installment.
Belinda
Jul 22, 2012 Belinda rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read about 4 women doing a reality show which actually was about their lives. It had the usual cat fights but, some of the realities were hard to digest. There were lies, deceit, backstabbing, drama, cheating, suicide attempts and finally death. Don't let me forget to mention drugs and the love of money.
Tammy Flores
Jun 26, 2013 Tammy Flores rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book last night. I can't get over women just wanting a man for his money but of course this is for a reality show and it does happen and in real life it happens also. I just want to love a man and not have to worry about money. One character feels that way at the end when she falls in love and then finds out he has money so it proves you can love without money.
Denise Gilliam
Nov 17, 2016 Denise Gilliam rated it really liked it
Omg this book was off the hook these women in this club reminded me so much of a the tv show that's why I was so eager to read the book. These women has so much drama going on till it was too funny. I really enjoyed this book Lets see part 2 has going on. I hope more drama .
Lab
Jul 24, 2012 Lab rated it really liked it
Before there was the Real Housewives of ALT there was this book, get both parts or you may be lost in some places..The lives of 4 women are featured on a reality show with all their trials and tribulations..Good weekend read...
Lena♥(Nothing Like Your Last,Im Your Present) Lakeisha
This book was soooo Good, I read this in two days.
My first book by this Author and won't be the last!
This book was action-pack, and very very interesting I wanted more and hated it ended!-Good Job!5stars;
Rebecca
Jul 17, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
This book was so good. Drama started from the beginning and went to the very last page. Loved it. This book made a lot of the reality tv shows look like nothing. These women had a lot going on with them but also stories behind their stories that came out. I would highly recommend this book.
Terri-Ale Sanders
Jul 31, 2012 Terri-Ale Sanders rated it really liked it
pretty good book..looking forward to reading more books by the author
Wyldchild
May 06, 2014 Wyldchild rated it it was amazing
Ths book was funny sad and very entertaining I loved it from the first page to the last I won't spill any details but it was a great and enjoyable read
  • Material Girl
  • Where There's Smoke
  • A Rich Man's Baby
  • Aftermath (Snapped #2)
  • Superstar
  • Home Wrecker
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  • Back to the Hood (Flint, #5)
  • Confessions
  • Hustlin' Divas
  • Chaser
  • Section 8 (Hood Rat #3)
  • Playing Dirty (Notorious #1)
  • Keyshia and Clyde
  • The Millionaire Mistress
  • Mistress No More
  • Black & Ugly as Ever
  • Grindin'
Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker is the award winning, Essence bestselling author of Flip Side of the Game and Game Over.
She is also a contributing writer to the anthologies: Cream and Kiss The Year Goodbye.
Whitaker was awarded the Ella Baker and W.E.B. Du Bois International Award for fiction writing. Her most recent title, The Ex Factor has been featured in several magazines such as Vibe Vixen and Romanti
More about Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker...

Millionaire Wives Club (2 books)
  • Money Never Sleeps