Start by marking “Millionaire Wives Club” as Want to Read:
Millionaire Wives Club

Millionaire Wives Club (Millionaire Wives Club #1)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  674 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
In Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker’s steamiest novel yet, we meet the four deliciously dramatic, designer-clad divas from prime time’s new hit reality show, The Millionaire Wives Club.

Evan: Married to a pro-football star who isn’t in love with her anymore, Evan is digging her freshly manicured nails in ever deeper as she fights to keep the husband who loves someone else.

Milan: Half
Published November 10th 2009 by One World/Ballantine (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Millionaire Wives Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Millionaire Wives Club

G-Spot by NoireThe Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahAddicted by ZaneEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida ClarkThe Cartel by Ashley Antoinette
Best Urban Fiction
158th out of 202 books — 336 voters
Fight Club by Chuck PalahniukThe Joy Luck Club by Amy TanThe Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy FowlerThe Club Dumas by Arturo Pérez-ReverteThe Dante Club by Matthew Pearl
Books with 'Club' in the Title
118th out of 130 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Kim
Nov 24, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: hood-lit
This book was like a train-wreck that you want to move out of the way from, but just have to keep reading to see what further antics these crazy woman are going to get into. This was one of the most ghetto books that I have ever read. You would never expect woman who are "millionaires" to behave the way these woman did, threatening to punch someone in the face every five minutes, and every other word out of their mouths being the F word. Now we know most reality shows are a farse, and this book ...more
Alexia Lewis
This book was hilarious!
I listened to this one on audio via audible and my goodness was I cracking up. Very good read/listen indeed. I do recommend
Sheila
Aug 28, 2012 Sheila rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS SO GHETTO AND I LOVED EVERY PAGE OF IT...
Eva Leger
Mar 06, 2010 Eva Leger rated it liked it
Shelves: b-urban-fiction
This book ended up upsetting me because there was really the potential for a five star book and instead it ended up being a three star for me. Whitacker is a talented author but she tried for things she shouldn't have just yet IMO. I think an author with more under her could have pulled this off as a five star - someone like Jodi Picoult or Anita Shreve, maybe Sister Souljah.
I'm soooo tired of the cliches "crazy chick" who smashes mirrors, puts make-up on wrong, pretends to be someone else, etc
Angelia
Nov 23, 2011 Angelia rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
The people in this book was a MESS......Can you say DRAMA with a capital D but non-the-less I can't wait to read the next one to see what they're up to now......
Ms.Toni
Jul 05, 2012 Ms.Toni rated it liked it
Big Brother is Watching

Evan, Milan, Jaise and Chaunci have invited the world into their lives through the newest reality show Millionaire Wives Club.

In one corner...
Evan is in a loveless marriage with an athlete in love with someone else. She's willing to do whatever to keep him and keep up the charade that she calls her life. Her good friend Jaise is a divorced, single mother living large via child support and alimony. Raising a wannabe thug and attracting all the wrong men, Jaise has her han
Metris
Jan 17, 2014 Metris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
DA TRUTH....is this book was funny as hell, I can not wait to see what Tu-Shonda Whitaker is going to bring in the next book! OMG I have almost pee'd my pants laughing so HARD. I have to admit I might not have gotten the same effect if I would have read it...I actually listened to the audio version and the narrator was on point! and that's DA TRUTH
LaTonya
Jan 12, 2014 LaTonya rated it really liked it
This was a very entertaining read from start to finish. This is the first book I've read by Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker and it won't be my last as I'm now a fan of this author. This book was full of drama, humor, and scandal and I really enjoyed reading it. This was a good read and I can't wait to see what I'm going to read next by this author.
C.
May 23, 2012 C. rated it it was amazing
I could hardly put this book down. I loved it and can't wait to read the next one. The characters pull you in and refuse to let you go.
Janice
Jun 02, 2013 Janice rated it it was amazing
This was better than The Real Housewives of Atlanta
Nardsbaby Reader
Dec 01, 2009 Nardsbaby Reader rated it liked it
The New Normal

"The Millionaire Wives Club" is a reality show based on the extravagant lives of four African American women. Evan is married to New York Giants linebacker Kendu Malik. Milan is married to Yusef `Da Truef' Starks, number twenty-three for the New York Knicks. Chaunci Morgan is the editor in chief of Nubian Divas magazine. Jaise Williams is divorced from Lawrence Williams, the ex-heavy weight champion.

I was hoping that "The Millionaire Wives Club" would be something new, fresh and e
OOSA
Dec 06, 2009 OOSA rated it liked it
Too Much

There's nothing as interesting as other people's lives, especially if those people are in the public eye. The setting is the Millionaire Wives Club, the newest reality TV show that follows the lives of four women - Chaunci, Evan, Jaise and Milan.

I had heard a lot of good things about this author and this book, so I was excited when I picked up my copy. An ambitious project, MILLIONAIRE WIVES CLUB is overly exaggerated. While developing interesting characters, they were also lacking dept
Shalonda
Jul 07, 2014 Shalonda rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading a book by Tu-shonda Whitaker. All I can say is drama, drama and more drama. There was moments that I truly felt for each woman and then some times I wanted to reach out and smack them. This could have been a 5 star read. But I felt that some of the scenes were over the top ghetto. This does not stop me from wanting to read the next installment.
April Dorris
Jan 05, 2013 April Dorris rated it did not like it
I love a good reality show and I love the occasional display of drama but this book was a bit too much for me. It was drama overload and had no thread of hope what so ever, not that it had the intention of being so. What really depressed me more than anything was the notion that if we are really lucky in life, when we turn away from the money-chasing, we will end up with a good man that will save us with his goodness and also happen to be rich. We keep re-telling the Pretty Woman story in differ ...more
Ashley
Aug 06, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
This book was sooooo eventful! Drama drama drama! I didn't even know who to hate and who to love. Eventually I chose though. Some characters you had to love - Jaise while others were complete crack pots - Evan. Like seriously bleach in a child's oatmeal that's sick. Anyway, I recommend this book to many people.
Rebecca
Jul 30, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
This book was so good. Drama started from the beginning and went to the very last page. Loved it. This book made a lot of the reality tv shows look like nothing. These women had a lot going on with them but also stories behind their stories that came out. I would highly recommend this book.
Wyldchild
May 06, 2014 Wyldchild rated it it was amazing
Ths book was funny sad and very entertaining I loved it from the first page to the last I won't spill any details but it was a great and enjoyable read
Bridget Bembry
Dec 02, 2014 Bridget Bembry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
This book was so hilarious!!! Full of drama and comedy. Loved it!! Wanted to kill Evan though! Great Audio!!!!
Cynthia Gause
Nice needed a little moe
Kendra
Shelves: currently-own
Reread
Charlene Richardson
Mar 25, 2012 Charlene Richardson rated it it was amazing
When I read the synopsis for this book I just knew it was going to be a horrible read, but Tu-Shonda proved me very wrong. This book follows the lives of Chaunci, Jaise, Milan, and Evan. Each woman is a millionaire either by marriage or on their own, but they still experience the drama that a broke person would and on many different levels all while being filmed for a reality show. From single parenting to drug abuse. This was a wonderful read, as well as the second book. 5 stars*****
Glam
Nov 10, 2009 Glam rated it it was amazing
If you like the Real House Wives of Atlanta (Notes)...... I had to say that like that ok... you will love Millionaire Wives Club, the book is Da Truef, The character in this novel will have you turning the pages and wish this book never comes to an end, and just when you think the author is about to wrap the story up she brings in a few more characters that will have you LoL! The is a page turner that will not disappoint you.
Charlene
Dec 29, 2009 Charlene rated it really liked it
If you are entertained by the TV show "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," you'll love this book. The story follows the lives of 4 rich (i.e."new money") women and the drama, heartbreak, and personal struggles that these women experience in trying to maintain an image of perfection and happiness for the camera. A true behind the scenes look confirming that all that glitters isn't necessarily gold.
Tammy Flores
Sep 12, 2013 Tammy Flores rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book last night. I can't get over women just wanting a man for his money but of course this is for a reality show and it does happen and in real life it happens also. I just want to love a man and not have to worry about money. One character feels that way at the end when she falls in love and then finds out he has money so it proves you can love without money.
Me'Tova Hollingsworth
Hilarious!
Lab
Sep 16, 2012 Lab rated it really liked it
Before there was the Real Housewives of ALT there was this book, get both parts or you may be lost in some places..The lives of 4 women are featured on a reality show with all their trials and tribulations..Good weekend read...
Lena♥(Nothing Like Your Last,Im Your Present) Lakeisha
This book was soooo Good, I read this in two days.
My first book by this Author and won't be the last!
This book was action-pack, and very very interesting I wanted more and hated it ended!-Good Job!5stars;
Starlita
Jan 03, 2010 Starlita rated it it was amazing
I love the book. The book is about four wives who try show "on TV" how prefect their life are. The lives fall apart right in front of the camera eyes.
Unique811
Feb 07, 2012 Unique811 rated it it was amazing
amazing.....getting reading for season or should i say book 2. felt like i was watching/reading a season of basketball wives.....lol.
  • Material Girl
  • Section 8
  • Superstar
  • Grindin'
  • The Millionaire Mistress
  • Secret Society (Secret Society, #1)
  • Sweet Little Lies
  • Mistress No More
  • Home Wrecker
  • Exposed
  • Black & Ugly as Ever
Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker is the award winning, Essence bestselling author of Flip Side of the Game and Game Over.
She is also a contributing writer to the anthologies: Cream and Kiss The Year Goodbye.
Whitaker was awarded the Ella Baker and W.E.B. Du Bois International Award for fiction writing. Her most recent title, The Ex Factor has been featured in several magazines such as Vibe Vixen and Romanti
More about Tu-Shonda L. Whitaker...

Millionaire Wives Club (2 books)
  • Money Never Sleeps: A Millionaire Wives Club Novel