Start by marking “Not Remembered Never Forgotten” as Want to Read:
Not Remembered Never Forgotten

Not Remembered Never Forgotten

"I am Robert, but once I had another name. As an infant I was held and loved by two women, one who would give me up, and another who raised me and loved me more than life itself. I suppose I should consider myself blessed to have been loved by two mothers when most of us get only one, and some none." Who am I, where did I come from? Why do I feel lost, incomplete, and ...more
Published April 28th 2008 by Booksurge Publishing (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Not Remembered Never Forgotten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Remembered Never Forgotten

Drebbles
Mar 14, 2009 Drebbles rated it really liked it
Robert Hafetz was adopted as a baby and while he was raised by a loving family, he felt there was something missing in his life and longed to find his birth mother. His adopted mother didn’t like to talk about his birth mother so he was left with a lot of unanswered questions. It wasn’t until after both his parents were dead that he tried to find his birth mother.

“Not Remembered Never Forgotten” is Robert Hafetz’s sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes heartwarming story of his search for his birth
Darlene
Apr 04, 2009 Darlene rated it really liked it
Back to One’s Roots

Not Remembered, Never Forgotten is a poignant story of Robert Hafetz and his quest to find the mother that had given him up for adoption over fifty years before.

Many adoptees live their lives with the question: Why did my mother give me up? It doesn’t seem to matter whether or not the home they grew up in was loving and caring. The question is still there and every adoptee asks it at some point in their lives.

Many adoptees decide to find out more about their birth mothers and
Clockstein Lockstein
Jan 16, 2010 Clockstein Lockstein rated it really liked it
Not Remembered, Never Forgotten by Robert Hafetz is an insightful look at the wounds of an adoptee. Hafetz knew from early childhood that he was adopted, and while he always fostered an interest in the identity of his biological parents, he didn't want to hurt his mother by pursuing the search, so he waited until she has passed away. Finally at the age of 51, Hafetz set out to discover who he was and why he had been given up for adoption. He follows the story of his investigation through ...more
Michael Thomas Angelo
Feb 04, 2010 Michael Thomas Angelo marked it as to-read
I read about this book in a PACER newsletter and hope to become acquainted with the author.
Kathleen Garber
Kathleen Garber rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2010
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2010
Gloria
Gloria rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2012
Lindsey Adams
Lindsey Adams rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2013
Lacresha
Lacresha marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2009
Christi
Christi marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2010
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Joseph DuHack
Joseph DuHack marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016