Start by marking “Mummy Carry Me Please!” as Want to Read:
Mummy Carry Me Please!

Mummy Carry Me Please!

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Just in time for Mother's Day, this cozy tribute to the love shared between mothers and their babies is now available as a board book.

Animal mothers carry their babies in many ways. Baby penguins are carried on their mother's feet to keep warm, baby hippos are carried on their mother's back to stay dry, and finally, a young child is carried in his mother's arms and happil...more
Hardcover
Published December 31st 2004 by Gullane Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Mummy Carry Me Please!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mummy Carry Me Please!

midnightfaerie
Cabrera is a great author for the younger crowd. My twin 3 yr old's loved it. Colorful fun pictures that helps get the child engaged and keeps them engaged. The illustrations were paintings that had a unique brushstroke and the colors were so vibrant! Cabrera has a style all her own. Loved the paintings especially! Also, many of her books have themes that are popular children’s songs, so immediately her books grabbed my preschoolers attention. A great addition to any children's library.
Vivian
If time permits read this story about how animal mothers carry their babies. You might ask the children what the magic word is (please). The kangaroo page says…
• Mommy kangaroo, carry me please
safe and snug inside your pouch
You may prefer to “read the pictures” instead of the text, or invite the children to read the pictures. Using “dialogic reading” ask what animal is pictured and ask how the mother carries her baby.

Children learn most from books when they are actively involved. To get childre...more
Jamie
Nothing remarkable with the words or story, but I always enjoy sharing Jane Cabrera's bold and vibrantly coloured paintings at storytime.
Katie
J absolutely loves this book! We've gotten it from the library several times, and it's almost always one that he chooses before bedtime. And, I love it because at the end he looks up at me with this big smile and then hugs me!!!

It's also a nice board book in general because it features some animals not typically found in picture books, like a lemur and a beaver.

Can't go wrong with Jane Cabrera's bright and fun illustrations either!
Meredith Miner
Though this book is probably categorized as fiction, I actually think it would be great to pair with a nonfiction book about mommy animals and their babies (which I actually discovered and is also on my book log, Babies on the Go). Great discussion about the different ways animals care for their young.
Alisa
Maybe because I'm a mommy of two little boys, and maybe because I love this illustrator, I LOVED this book. Definitely one I would buy. All kinds of animals want mommy to "carry" them and it ends with a little boy wanted to be snuggled by his mommy. Favorite kids book in awhile.
Amanda Wilson
i wasnt sure how to rate this book. I think it is perfect for a toddler, there is repitition, pictures of animals, and its the same lines on every page. The book is very very short, which is perfect for an infant/ toddler but it is very plain and simple and short.
ROSALIE
A perfect story for those small enough to often be begging for mommy or daddy to pick them up and carry them. Baby animals plead with their mommies to be carried. Children learn the different ways this can be done. Easy reading, good for smaller children.
Jenny
This was a really cute story with fun pictures. My three year old likes to say that it is he and I at the end when it shows the mom and little boy. I really liked the art style, very little kiddish in a cute way.
Leah
The illustrations in the simple book are truly wonderful and the ending is a sweet one that parents are sure to love. May need to shorten for babytime, but look forward to sharing this one.
Kelci Cox-Griswold
This book is decent. It would be good to show kids that all types of mommys take care of their children and it gives examples of how they take care of their children.
Jen H.
Cute story about baby animals and how their mothers carry them. Bright, colorful illustrations. Cute for toddlers and young children. Great read aloud.
Beverly
Cabrera's silly cartooney pictures show how each different animal carries its young. Very short text; good for toddlers and pre-schoolers.
Jenny Forgay
This sweet book is a great book to use in a family lesson. Children will also be able to see how different animals carry their babies.
Michelle
Picked up randomly at the library. Cute book, my daughter liked the cuddling mommys and babies. Not really original but cute.
Alma Loredo
This book explains how babies are carried by their mother to keep warm, explains about animals and a little boy as well.

Jeffiner Singleton
Cute and colorful - grabbed my son's attention even when he was a tiny infant (although he really never was all that tiny...).
Marni
We've read this one over and over, enough that Carolyn has most of it memorized. Cute and simple, delightful pictures.
Alamoliz
A little too simplistic. The author can be forgiven, since she dedicates this to the baby she is carrying in her tummy.
Nikki
Eh, cute enough. Nice representation of some animal diversity, but not much meat even for a little kid.
Mrs Bond
Does an alligator really carry its young in its mouth? Other than that, a cute bedtime read for preschoolers.
Eli
Beautiful illustrations that were able to keep the attention of my 2 month old.
Gail
My two year old enjoyed this book. It's very simple but the pictures are colorful.
Jessica Lyons
Great pix and examples of how different mommies carry their babies
Leona
love jane cabrera. she's so toddler-friendly.
Natalie
it's fun to read this in a whiny voice.
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Sabrina McEwan
Sabrina McEwan marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Chris Meier
Chris Meier marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
If You're Happy and You Know It! Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Cat's Colors Ten in the Bed The Wheels on the Bus