Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “La Ley de Murphy Tiene Explicacion” as Want to Read:
La Ley de Murphy Tiene Explicacion
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating

La Ley de Murphy Tiene Explicacion

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"Todo lo que pueda ir mal, irá mal", dice la ley de Murphy. ¿Es así realmente? ¿Existe una explicación racional para ello? El famoso divulgador científico Richard Robinson ha escrito un libro ameno y esclarecedor que, a partir de la humorística ley de Murphy, consigue desvelar con diáfana claridad los misterios de la mente, desde los aspectos más sencillos hasta los más co...more
Paperback, 288 pages
Published 2010 by Ediciones Urano (first published September 8th 2005)
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about La Ley de Murphy Tiene Explicacion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Ley de Murphy Tiene Explicacion

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 245)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
Brian Clegg
Richard Robinson’s delightful book is an exploration of the science behind Murphy’s Law (the truism that can be roughly stated as “if something can go wrong, it will”) – not just the simple probability tricks that fool our brains with such consistency – if we were any good at probabilities, there wouldn’t be a casino business – but also the many ways our brains can fool us.

Robinson begins by giving a little background to the brain itself, then moves onto our interactions with the world, and the...more
Arturo Javier
Este libro es exactamente el tipo de libro que debería encantarme, pero la verdad es que me irrita muchísimo. No tengo ningún problema con el aspecto "técnico" del libro, por así decirlo. Creo que el autor está en lo correcto la mayor parte del tiempo. Lo que me molesta muchísimo es su actitud hacia los seres humanos, hacia nuestro cerebro del paleolítico, hacia nuestros atavismos de la evolución. ¡El autor no nos baja de "científicos ingenuos"! Sí, sufrimos de disonancia cognitiva. Sí, nuestra...more
Joseph
One of Murphy's Laws that this book misses is "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"...such as the title of the book. Obviously, most of Murphy's Laws can be explained away just by thinking about it logically......dur! The answer to most is attention, which is mentioned very, very briefly. The majority of the book is 'evolution, evolution, evolution'....blah blah blah.
Cassandra Kay Silva
Meh? I am not much of a pessimist and for me the world is always a shining beacon of opportunity and enjoyment. So this is an unnecessary psychological approach to in my opinion an unimportant subject. My bad for reading it.
Auntie Pam
Chissà cosa mi aspettavo... Il libro non è altro che una sintesi di come lavora il nostro cervello e di sommarie spiegazioni alle più banali leggi di Murphy. Mi è piaciuto? A tratti, direi.
Jamie
All about Murphy's law and other nuances of life. Read it!
Tumi Malatji
Tumi Malatji marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Ed
Ed marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Niranjan
Niranjan marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Cerise
Cerise added it
Aug 18, 2014
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Erin Holcombe
Erin Holcombe is currently reading it
Jul 05, 2014
Nate Yager
Nate Yager marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
Why The One You Fancy Never Fancies You Smarties Why the World is Wonky Plato's Earlier Dialectic the seeds of aril The Human Body

Share This Book