Start by marking “La Ley de Murphy Tiene Explicacion” as Want to Read:
La Ley de Murphy Tiene Explicacion

La Ley de Murphy Tiene Explicacion

"Todo lo que pueda ir mal, irá mal", dice la ley de Murphy. ¿Es así realmente? ¿Existe una explicación racional para ello? El famoso divulgador científico Richard Robinson ha escrito un libro ameno y esclarecedor que, a partir de la humorística ley de Murphy, consigue desvelar con diáfana claridad los misterios de la mente, desde los aspectos más sencillos hasta los más co ...more
Published 2010 by Ediciones Urano (first published September 8th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about La Ley de Murphy Tiene Explicacion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Ley de Murphy Tiene Explicacion

Brian Clegg
Aug 12, 2014 Brian Clegg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Richard Robinson’s delightful book is an exploration of the science behind Murphy’s Law (the truism that can be roughly stated as “if something can go wrong, it will”) – not just the simple probability tricks that fool our brains with such consistency – if we were any good at probabilities, there wouldn’t be a casino business – but also the many ways our brains can fool us.

Robinson begins by giving a little background to the brain itself, then moves onto our interactions with the world, and the
Star Shining Forever
Really interesting and fun book! Written by a scientist, it goes over the reality of perceived phenomena like Murphy's Law, which says that if anything can go wrong, it will. It separates the truths and the myths and provides insights as to what we think and why. There's even as short part at the end with the math, science, and technical explanations. Learned some things and had fun doing it!
Agnes Fontana
May 12, 2016 Agnes Fontana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ce livre prétendument consacré à la Loi de Murphy, aurait du plus adéquatement s'appeler " comment la manière dont notre cerveau perçoit et traite les informations nous induit en erreur", ou, comme on aurait dit au XVIIème siècle, "le Démon de l'erreur". La référence insistante à la loi de Murphy "et c'est là que Murphy pointe son nez" est plutôt irritante et semble traduire le souhait de coller à la commande de l'éditeur.
A part cela, ce livre est une compilation plaisante d'informations scienti
Arturo Javier
Apr 04, 2011 Arturo Javier rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Este libro es exactamente el tipo de libro que debería encantarme, pero la verdad es que me irrita muchísimo. No tengo ningún problema con el aspecto "técnico" del libro, por así decirlo. Creo que el autor está en lo correcto la mayor parte del tiempo. Lo que me molesta muchísimo es su actitud hacia los seres humanos, hacia nuestro cerebro del paleolítico, hacia nuestros atavismos de la evolución. ¡El autor no nos baja de "científicos ingenuos"! Sí, sufrimos de disonancia cognitiva. Sí, nuestra ...more
Manfred Moonlight Ackermann
Un livre qui explique le pourquoi du comment on en arrive à cette fameuse 'loi' de l'emmerdement maximum.

On a quelques arguments qui permettent de mieux comprendre cela, et qui sont parfaitement sérieux (assez étonnant, on s'attend à de la déconne permanente, eh non pas forcément), et ensuite beaucoup d'exemples étayent cette loi.

Un livre vraiment intéressant, et très divertissant qui vaut son achat, ou tout du moins sa lecture !!!
Lisa Galvin
I really enjoyed this book. Psychology, science and "old school" wisdom blended together well with enough humor to make it a worthwhile read that anyone could grasp. After all, everyone is subjected to those cruel Laws of Murphy. It while the structure flowed really well, it was also easy to pick up and put down at a moment's notice, making it work really well for those short breaks during work.

I highly reccomend it!
Joseph
Jul 25, 2011 Joseph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
One of Murphy's Laws that this book misses is "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"...such as the title of the book. Obviously, most of Murphy's Laws can be explained away just by thinking about it logically......dur! The answer to most is attention, which is mentioned very, very briefly. The majority of the book is 'evolution, evolution, evolution'....blah blah blah.
Cassandra Kay Silva
Meh? I am not much of a pessimist and for me the world is always a shining beacon of opportunity and enjoyment. So this is an unnecessary psychological approach to in my opinion an unimportant subject. My bad for reading it.
Steven Eisenberg
Jan 23, 2016 Steven Eisenberg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a lesson in the physics of common sense. A short read, if yo like this stuff. I do.
Calvin Cochran
Mar 06, 2016 Calvin Cochran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read.
Wee Jiawei
Sep 16, 2016 Wee Jiawei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting
Auntie Pam
Jan 06, 2014 Auntie Pam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abc, catena, 2014
Chissà cosa mi aspettavo... Il libro non è altro che una sintesi di come lavora il nostro cervello e di sommarie spiegazioni alle più banali leggi di Murphy. Mi è piaciuto? A tratti, direi.
Nenda
#50 a book you started but never finished
2015 Reading Challenge
Jamie
Apr 30, 2013 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All about Murphy's law and other nuances of life. Read it!
Metta D. Evandari
Metta D. Evandari rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2011
Remi BAUBY
Remi BAUBY rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2013
Alexis Gerome
Alexis Gerome rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Clarry
Clarry rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2012
Natasha Primaditta
Natasha Primaditta rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Porfirio Tramontana
Porfirio Tramontana rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Nao Reen
Nao Reen rated it really liked it
May 01, 2014
Reinet
Reinet rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2017
João Silva
João Silva rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2017
Juan Pablo
Juan Pablo rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Victor Garcia
Victor Garcia rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2012
Tomáš
Tomáš rated it it was ok
Apr 19, 2014
Olivia
Olivia rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2011
Janika
Janika rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Richard Cooper
Richard Cooper rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2013
Tiziana
Tiziana rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • In Search of the Big Bang
  • Right Hand, Left Hand: The Origins of Asymmetry in Brains, Bodies, Atoms and Cultures
  • The Science of Everyday Life
  • Pendulum: Leon Foucault and the Triumph of Science
  • The Fly in the Ointment: 70 Fascinating Commentaries on the Science of Everyday Life
  • Present at the Future: From Evolution to Nanotechnology, Candid and Controversial Conversations on Science and Nature
  • Einstein's Unfinished Symphony: Listening to the Sounds of Space-Time
  • The Calculus Gallery: Masterpieces from Newton to Lebesgue
  • Defining the Wind: The Beaufort Scale, and How a 19th-Century Admiral Turned Science Into Poetry
  • Biology as Ideology: The Doctrine of DNA
  • The Night Is Large: Collected Essays, 1938-1995
  • The Ingenuity Gap: Can We Solve the Problems of the Future?
  • Four Colors Suffice: How the Map Problem Was Solved
  • Information: The New Language of Science
  • The Secret Life of Germs: What They Are, Why We Need Them, and How We Can Protect Ourselves Against Them
  • Temperament: How Music Became a Battleground for the Great Minds of Western Civilization
  • Power to Save the World: The Truth About Nuclear Energy