Infamous (It Girl, #7)

Infamous (It Girl #7)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  2,864 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Jenny Humphrey has survived the trial of the barn fire with only a few scratches, and has actually managed to make allies of the notorious Tinsley Carmichael and Callie Vernon in the process. Easy Walsh has been kicked out of Waverly once and for all, and Callie is struggling to keep it together in her love's absence.
Published February 5th 2009 by Headline (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Infamous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infamous

Someone Like You by Sarah DessenThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerSalvaged by Stefne MillerForever... by Judy BlumeAlong for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Feet!
78th out of 421 books — 305 voters

More lists with this book...

Caroline
As far as books go, this is certainly not a bad one. It's not too far out there on the unrealistic side, and I did like the fact that I read it thanksgiving weekend-and it's about thanksgiving weekend.
I didn't like the whole switch-between-plots thing because my favorite plot was Brett and her family!
Brett goes to a posh boarding school, and her father is a plastic surgeon and her mother is the queen of tacky new jersey. Brett misses her train and has to hitch a ride with a guy she tutors for ex...more
Marian
Brooke
I wouldn't say this series is extremely good but there is something about it that just leaves me wanting to read more. In this installment, I believe it was the first time that the majority of the novel was based somewhere outside of Waverly Academy. As well, the story was surrounding Thanksgiving. I found the read pretty decent with descriptions and some of the characters are quite humorous in the way they act.
Becca D
As the series goes on, I think that the books just keep getting better because there is so much character development. If I were to cast people to make the book a film I would cast Taylor Momsen as Jenny Humphrey. The reason being is that the Gossip Girl series is a TV series also, and the author of the Gossip Girl series pulled Jenny out and made a whole series about her life, not on TV. So Jenny Humphrey needs to stay as Jenny Humphrey you know? Then for Tinsley I would have Vanessa Hudgens, j...more
Roberta love youuuu
This book is okay. I read ALL the books before this one and used to bet into it all the time, and it's okay, but it's kind of boring!(:
ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ
Ah-mazing!
Karen
Infamous
2008 little, Brown and Company NY Boston
pgs.240 $10.99
Cecily von Ziegesar
ISBN: 9780318025072

Thanksgiving day is a day where you spend time with your family and the people you are thankful for. But in Waverly Academy, most people would be spending time with their friends, and the rest would spend time with their families member. Infamous is the seventh book of the It Girl series. Cecily von Ziegesar used many great vocabularies such as, reupholstered. She described each scene very well, l...more
Student Symmes
Tiny Pants
This was not my favorite installment in this series. Yes, it got me through a transcontinental flight, but on the whole, it was a bit dull. The whole each-book-only-gets-you-through-like-three-days thing is getting a bit ridiculous -- it's still only Thanksgiving of Jenny Humphrey's sophomore year of high school! In spite of all the drama they've had, time is moving at a crawl. In a weird way though, that almost makes the books truer to how high school is -- and particularly small, private high...more
Morgan  (=
Infamous was part of the It Girl Series, this one including several old stories -and characters-coming back and meeting each other. Brett goes to New Jersey for Thanksgiving break, while Brandon and Heath stay at Waverly (the boarding school) to search for the "Swiss Misses", a school legend. Tinsley, Callie, and Jenny go to New York (Jenny lives there, Callie is vacationing there, and Tinsley lives there part-time) but instead of sleeping over at Jenny's Upper West Side apartment, the girls "c...more
This book is the 7th book of the It Girl series. It's Thanksgiving break at Waverly and everyone is getting ready for an interesting weekend. Callie, Tinsley, and Jenny are off to New York and they are partying! They thought they'll have a cozy dinner and family time with their families but change of plans! Callie is excited seeing Easy again, Tinsley's mission is to win Julian again, and Jenny's mission is not to fall in love again. Brett has a new mission caught up on her own in her house. Br...more
Yasmina
New friends Jenny Humphrey and Tinsley Carmichael are determined get Callie Vernon out of being upset- it's been weeks since her boyfriend Easy Walsh was kicked out of school, and they're sick of her moping. They go to Yvonne Stidder's Thanksgiving party, during a snow storm in New York City.

I can connect to Jenny, Callie and Tinsley because my Thanksgiving is always crazy. It is also really fun like theirs but definitley as much.

I gave this book 3 stars because I thought that this series is ge...more
Lena
This book is the seventh book of the It Girl series. I quite enjoyed the book. When I first started this one, I thought it was really boring, but as I reached the middle of the book, it started getting really interesting. As a result, overall, I like the book and looking forward to reading the eighth book of this It Girl series. I think many teenagers, specifically girls can relate to this book because the main characters are girls and they deal with problems in relation to friends, significant...more
Sab:)
This book was super-fun. It's just such a great read when you want to feel good about yourself and you kind of get sucked in with Callie, Tinsley, and Jenny having crazy adventures in the streets of New York. Brett's Thanksgiving in New Jersey is really entertaining, especially with the whole scheme using Sebastian to get rid of her sister's boyfriend's uptight, snobby parents. If you're looking for something light and funny, this book is definately for you!
Nancy
You do not read these books because you are interested in deep thoughts. You read these books because they are fun, and not too badly written, and in this particular case, because they pass the time before you're meeting people for dinner downtown.

As far as these go, it's actually slightly better than usual, though, because there's a vaguely interesting (which is to say: not entirely love or hate) relationship between the main characters.
Ellen Zacarias
I'll put this in the juicy bitch book category. It's when you have a bunch of power- and boy-hungry, shallow, rich girls who turn on each other and start wars constantly in the petty setting of a high school. It's pretty juicy and relatively fast-paced. Surprisingly, some of the characters can be pretty likable when they own up to things and there are definitely some sincere moments between characters.
Millene
It was good to take a break of all that school drama, even it still had 'boys problems'. I was sad for Callie. I am not used to Jenny and Tinsley's friendship, it's weird, I'm just waiting to some misunderstanding to them get back to be rivals (but I'm not sure if I want it).

For a moment I thought that someone from Gossip Girl's series would appear.
Joedian
Oct 23, 2009 Joedian rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens, Pre-teens
The girls are on holiday and some seem to be stranded. They have to find a fun place to stay that's at least warm in the middle of this blizzard. For others it the regular get together with the family that the dying to have but with an unsuspected addition that's making everyone act crazy.
Didn't love this one as much as the first few I read. Maybe at some point, the silly musings of high school kids get a little too much. Of course, it's a series for that age, so I shouldn't be surprised. I hope it doesn't end with this one, because it'd be a crappy place to end.
Sara W
I prefer this series over the Gossip Girl series. This one has just as much hooking up and drinking, but there's a sweetness to this series that I don't recall the Gossip Girl series having. The characters seem to think about their actions more. I'm glad I stuck with it.
I EAT
This book was pretty good. It wasn't as exciting and upbeat as the others, but definitely a nice change of setting.

By the way, ..
Whoever wrote the description of the book, has got it wrong.
The description is from "Tempted" (The book before this one).

Katie
This wasn't a good one for me in the series, as much as it needed to happen, I can't help but want all of the books to be set in the school. I suppose that's because I want as many characters shoved together as possible creating as much havoc that they can muster.
Indiaadams
i read this book and it is really great. it tells the life of rich girls but at the same time you see that they go through the same things we deal with as regular people when it comes to boys, family, etc. this book shows that money cant buy happiness.
Jessica
Didn't like this as good as some of the other books, but it was a quick, mindless read and that was what I needed at just that time. Had it not been for the fact that I was seeking a quick, mindless read, I would probably give this book a 2-star rating.
Kristina Hoerner
I have given up on Gossip Girl and it looks like this will be my last It Girl. I don't know if I am outgrowing the genre or just getting tired of the vapid characters. Jenny and her rich friends are stranded in New York during the Thanksgiving holidays.
Courtney
Lol these books are like, barely about how they're battling out to be the It Girl of Waverly. Don't get me wrong, the series is still AWESOME. Especially if you liked the Pretty Little Liars series or the Private series.
Amber
I liked it, I just thought it was a little pointless. It was just all about Thanksgiving.. But the relationship between Brett & Sebastian was really cute! I can't wait to read what happens in the next part!
Danielle
Enjoyable. I like the fact that jenny and tinsley were friends for once (although it probably won't last) and that the majority of the characteres ended up in the upper east side for thanksgiving.
Aprile
This was the best one yet! I love this series and I am glad that the newest one came out today! This series is fantastic and I love the characters so much. Can't wait to read the next!
Bianca
Infamous was pretty unexpected. But I was so hoping Sleigh would come to Waverly! It would be hilarious to see Tinsley ruin her! And Brett was actually enjoyable throughout the novel.
  • California Dreaming (A-List, #10)
  • Beautiful Disaster (Privilege, #2)
  • Jealous? (The Ashleys, #2)
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

More about Cecily von Ziegesar...
Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1) You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2) You're the One That I Want (Gossip Girl, #6) All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3) Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)

“I just like meeting people.”

“I don't.” Tinsley wrinkled her nose. “It upsets my balance. I hate having to constantly reconfigure everyone, who fits where and all that.”
5 likes