Start by marking “Stranded!” as Want to Read:
Stranded!

Stranded!

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Rock is something of a nerd - or so his best friend, Kelli, has always claimed, simply because he's a brainy guy. He's an up-and-coming businessman, determined to go far fast - and he's the total opposite of fun-loving Kelli. To his regret, Kelli has always seen him as a best friend, never as a potential lover.

Kelli is the quintessential wild child. She loves to party and
Audiobook
Published 2009 by Harlequin Enterprises, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Stranded!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded!

Debbie
A road trip home for two long time friends winds up in a ditch after hitting a deer and leaving them without a car for the night. Finding a vacant cabin was good luck, but spending the night with Kelley was going to be rough for Roddick since he had loved her for as long as he could remember. Just now noticing that he was a man, Kelley was surprised to find herself attracted to her best friend, he was like a brother and until this trip she had never seen him as anything other than the boy she ha ...more
Amanda
I have been wanting to read this forever, but couldn't find it anywhere. So I did some digging and found where I could email the author so on the chance she would actually get it, I emailed her. She was so great and kind and did find a way for me to be able to read it. This was a very short story that packed a lot of punch; which makes me think of that saying Dynamite comes in small packages. From the very start of it you get a background that sets up amazingly and makes the rest of the story fe ...more
Shawn Flanagan
Don't know why I didn't see it coming, but it's definitely a romance book. I'm pretty sure Audible said it was a thriller...*checking*....nope, guess I was wrong.

Anyway, amusing book. I've never read a book that was strictly a romance novel. It's about two childhood friends who get stuck in a cabin during a snow storm. They had a wood stove, table, and a bed. You can guess where it goes from there...

Overall, a little too cheesy and perfect for me, but then again, I suppose that's what makes it a
Peni
Nov 22, 2014 Peni rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 14+
Overall a good story. I have yet to find a story by Lori Foster that doesn't satisfy. I did have one issue and this may be just me. I didn't completely buy into Kellis' sudden discovery. The way I saw her from the characterization didn't trust enough to see it through. Anyway, the story is still good and worth reading. Maybe you will see it differently.

Recommended for 14+ due to adult situations.
Stephanie Bolen
Cute little erotica, she could have upped the nerd to greek god aspect of it. And just left out the flighty aspect of her female character. Life of the party and a chronic dater is different than being flighty and fickle. Like saying Phoebe from Friends and Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and City are the same character.
PSmith
This book has helped me to reinforce my dislike for M & B romances. I don't hate romances per se, but any book which deals only with the feelings of two people towards each other excluding everything else is too boring. It is disgusting to read about their feelings, sexual acts etc. in detail page after page with no respite. The main theme of the story is two 'childhood friends' stranded in a cabin for a night, who come to recognize/acknowledge their passion for each other and act accordingl ...more
Rose
I wish "Stranded" were a better story than it turned out to be. Friends Rock and Kelli are stranded in a cabin during a snowstorm and realize their affection for each other despite being friends for quite some time. Parts of it were okay, and I think Rock (Roddick) was gentle and nice to Kelli, especially with taking care of her after she was injured. However, I was irritated at a point, a lot of telling of details, conflict too easily resolved. I could never completely connect to either of the ...more
Kath
Jul 18, 2009 Kath added it
A free short story from audible and I am glad it was free. A story of 2 long time friends heading home for a holiday event and find that their relationship changes when they become stranded in a snow storm.

Seemed a little unreal that thing would change so fast and they seemed a bit insincere. Wouldn't waste my time, but it was a little over an hour to listen to it and not much time to develop a story there.
Writerlibrarian
Free Audible download. Not my cup of tea. Didn't even finish the 90 minutes audiobook. The narrator is a bit flat, the POV changes mid chapter. At first I thought it was told from the guy POV, I went great, that's different but alas no, next chapter was the girl and I mean girl, the type of female character I can't really stand: peppy, blond and with no brain. So yeah, didn't like it, only glad I didn't pay for it.
DarkHeart "Vehngeance"
This is the first Lori Foster book I've ever read/heard, but I thought it was enjoyable. I know the reviews for it haven't been great, but I thouht it was sweet. The characters were likeable and their relationship was sweet. Of course, this was a free download, not necessarily the type of story I would normally buy, but I did enjoy it.
Jordan Dossett
I really only "read" this as it was free on audible.com. I think I am a bad book critic as I can't seem to give anything (well hardly anything) one star and I seem to give many things 5 stars. I have to admit that for a romance (ick, yeah, i know) short story it was sweet and I did enjoy it.
Tasha
Nice quick read, but it's so short that it doesn't really allow you to form any kind of connection with the characters. Both Kelli and Roddick seemed rather one-dimensional, which made me not care what happened with either one of them.
Jean
Blech - romance. If I'd seen the cover (I listened to the audiobook), I never would have listened. I was stuck on a long drive with nothing else to listen to, so...
Venisha Ready
What I learned from this book is that sometimes men who are written by women come off a little bit gay.
Pixie
This book is a pain the butt t5o get thru and not worth the time... snore!
Kat
Jul 24, 2011 Kat rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I wasn't a fan of the narrator, but hey, it was free from Audible.
Devin
This was a nice quick read, but no need to rush out and buy it.
Brenda at MyShelf
Feb 22, 2009 Brenda at MyShelf rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like explict content in their romances
Shelves: romance
Mercy! Sizzling enough to melt roads that snowed them in!
Good harlequin book. Good for a short read!
Predictable story line. Decently written.
Coral
Corto y distraído, fácil de leer. Sin más.
Petra
Oct 11, 2011 Petra added it
A quick steamy read.
Carla
listened to audio version
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Melissa smith
Melissa smith marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Trisha Lovell
Trisha Lovell marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Cassie Polla
Cassie Polla marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
K
K marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 6 Dec 01, 2009 09:55AM
  • The Groom Came Back
  • Bittersweet Passion
  • Playing the Game
  • Riding Curves (BBW Erotic Romance)
  • My Favorite Mistake (Tahoe Nights, #2)
  • Spin Devil (Devilish Games, #1)
  • Mark of the Beast (Animal Urges, # 1)
  • The Boys Back Home
  • Betting Hearts (Rancho Del Cielo, #1)
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Kansas Heat
  • My Fake Fiancee
  • Stud Muffin Wanted
  • Voyeur (Fated Trilogy, #1)
  • The Alpha (Vanguards, #2)
  • Take on Me (Harlequin Blaze, #314)
  • The Dark Side of Desire
  • The Italian's Suitable Wife

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)