Start by marking “Miss Malarkey Won't Be in Today” as Want to Read:
Miss Malarkey Won't Be in Today

Miss Malarkey Won't Be in Today

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Miss Malarkey is back (Miss Malarkey Doesn't Live in Room 10) and this time SHE is the one with the over-active imagination! Stuck at home, delirious and helplessly sick, Miss Malarkey can't help but worry about which substitute Principal Wiggins has called in. Is it that ex-drill sergeant, Mr. Doberman? Or that timid push-over, Mr. Lemonjello? Her imagination starts runni ...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Walker Childrens (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Miss Malarkey Won't Be in Today, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Malarkey Won't Be in Today

Kiana Gerard
Miss Malarkey Won't Be in Today is a wonderful book that will send children laughing. A teacher becomes sick and worries that her students will get ridiculous substitutes like Mr. Lemonjello and Mrs. Ungerware (aka Mrs. Underwear). The book is full of humor and the illustrations catch the eyes of every child. The text is big and easy to read, especially for kids who have a hard time with reading comprehension. Judy Finchler makes the book fun with her humorous style and writing to entertain chil ...more
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This would appeal to teachers as well as to kids, although I think teachers would relate to it more. Miss Malarkey calls out sick, but gets so worked up imagining all the bad substitute teachers her class could get that she feels she has to go in to work anyway. I liked Kevin O'Malley's illustrations and the humorous names of the various substitute teachers.
Shannon Brasher
This was a fun book to read and I can see children laughing about all the silly names of the various substitutes. I would probably just have this book in my substitute kit for reading if they need something to do to fill some time. I think this book is a nice way to show students that even though the teacher may be out sick, they still worry about their students the same way a parent would worry about a child.
Chandra Fleenor
This book is fun and good to read to children, even if only for fun. Children will love the book because they get to see what their teacher could be worrying about when they aren't at school. I would recommend reading this in a classroom and to children in general.
Jenna
I thought this was a great, funny story that can bring insight to children on what teachers go through when they are sick. The text and illustrations were done well, and I would love to have this book in my classroom.
Joseph Berube
Sep 09, 2012 Joseph Berube rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I never thought about reviewing the books that I have read to my boys until this one. I read this book at the USO on Kandahar AirField (KAF) and had it recorded on a DVD for my three younger sons (Aidan, Quintin, and Declan). I thought that since the school year had just started last week, this school teacher story was well timed. The book was a an easy read, so I am sure my second grader will have no problems reading this one on his own. It was funny and I know my seven and four year old sons w ...more
Felicia
Dec 04, 2015 Felicia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: friendship
This book was a fun book and explains that teachers constantly worry about their students. I think that students would enjoy this book because it gives insight to the teacher's emotions and could make them feel closer to their instructor.
Dolly
Dec 31, 2009 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a wonderful story, told from the teacher's perspective as she stays home sick from school. It has the same wild and imaginative scenes as the other stories, only it's the teacher whose imagination goes crazy. Our girls enjoyed watching the story on the Tumblebooks website. (tumblebooks.com)
Nakitah
This can be used for talking about what a teacher thinsk about and what students think about when there is a substitute teacher, about being sick and going to school, the job of a teacher, and how students should behave when there is a substitute teacher for the day.
Sheri
Jun 10, 2010 Sheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to do a book like this but someone beat me to the punch. I liked the story but it broke the picture book rule as it is from the Teacher point of view not the child's. They published it anyway. Read it to study the style and the story arc.
Deborah Morgan
Jun 19, 2010 Deborah Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Will be leaving this book on my desk for substitute teachers. It is so true about what many of us teachers go through when we are out of the classroom.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 59745 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.1 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Laurie
Mar 24, 2010 Laurie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Another good cause and effect book. Hilarious.
ForemanTeaches
ForemanTeaches marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Cherie
Cherie rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Breana Fitzgerald
Breana Fitzgerald rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2015
Margie
Margie rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Abijithbiju
Abijithbiju marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Leanne Sinks
Leanne Sinks rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Rocio Martin
Rocio Martin marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Dezirae
Dezirae marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Alice
Alice rated it liked it
May 17, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
Mrs. Peura
Mrs. Peura rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015