Start by marking “Dust to Dust (Prophecy #1)” as Want to Read:
Dust to Dust (Prophecy #1)

Dust to Dust (Prophecy #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  934 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Not long ago, Scott Bryant would have described himself as an ordinary guy. But one act of heroism has changed his life forever—or at least until the apocalypse occurs. Because the end of the world is on its way.

Suddenly and inexplicably possessed of superhuman strength, Scott finds himself allied with the enigmatic and alluring Melanie Regan in a quest to find th
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published June 30th 2009 by Mira (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dust to Dust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dust to Dust

The Surgeon by Tess GerritsenRelic by Douglas PrestonSolomon's Whisper by Sandra BrannanOne Shot by Lee ChildInside Passage by Burt Weissbourd
Best suspense/thriller series
59th out of 96 books — 75 voters
Bone Crossed by Patricia BriggsIron Kissed by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsBlood Bound by Patricia BriggsThe Help by Kathryn Stockett
Best Books Read in 2009
102nd out of 122 books — 24 voters

More lists with this book...

Gina
Sherry
I really liked this book, this is Heather Graham at her best and at the top of her game. The way she described the "Alliance" and how "they" overcome or overcame their baser desires to be something more. It reminded me of how we humans are in a constant inner sruggle to overcome and be something better.

Although I did wonder about Sister Maria Elizabetas "blood sacrafice" there at the end and how it came down to being the "essence" of holy as the turning point in their fight against Bael. How in
Fenix Rose
Oh was this book good.
I raced through it, it was that easy to read and engaging. I mean you just dont want to put it down.
I love that the nature of the main characters, what they truly are is kept secret, just given little hints, till half way through the book. You get to know the characters without any preconceived notions regarding that type of person.
The violence, battle scenes are not graphic not is the love scene..all tastefully done while painting a vibrant picture and connecting you to w
Doris
Despite this being the first book in the Prophecy series, it appears to connect with and contain a number of characters of the Alliance - another group of eight books published by Heather Graham between 1999 and 2007. And the heroes of this new adventure also appear to have extraordinary powers, including impressive strength and speed, while based upon the Zodiac Earth signs - Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo. Intrigued? So was I.
As is often the case, everything starts quite innocently, but the seque
Laura Ruetz
I normally love Heather Graham books. She wraps up history, mystery and the paranormal all in one and that's a triple play that I love. However, this book felt like a let down. A big let down. A really big let down, do you sense where I am going with this?

The characters were never really developed much and there was one huge "fact" in the first few chapters of the book that drove me nuts. For an author who always fills her books with historical research and facts, doing a little bit of research
Windy
Kim Samuel
Not a bad bit of fiction. Character names were a little confusing Meg & Mel in to many fast conversations in the start together. Overall, pretty good with a nice moving plot and it built right.
Chibineko
As a big Heather Graham fan, I sat down to read this book the instant the postman delivered this. I've read almost all of her books so far & I've only read one that I thought was terrible. It seems that this one is vying for that position, but is only marginally better than "Picture Me Dead".

The story surrounds Scott Bryant, a guy who helps an elderly couple & gains super strength & speed. Immediately after this the story jumps to Melanie, an animal trainer who suddenly gains the po
Kelly Moran
for amazon vine review...
Author Heather Graham is a NY Times best-selling author of more than a hundred novels in the romance and sub-genres of romance. Her books have been on the Doubleday Book Club and the Literary Guild. She’s currently the VP of the Horror Writers’ Association. She resides in Florida.
One act of heroism had changed Scott Bryant’s life forever. Now, with superhuman powers, Scott has teamed up with the alluring Melanie Regan after both having mysterious dreams about finding a w
Jim Thornburg
The best method to enable the reader to get anything out of this book is imagine that you are watching one of those cheesy, awfully bad movies on SyFy channel. There, now you don't want to put your head through a plate glass while reading this book. My biggest problems with this book are the completely 2 dimensional characters and the dialogue that is not believable at all. Many of the characters aren't consistent, which I guess would be a very human trait as I don't know anybody that has 1 sing ...more
MJ
Scott Bryant was an average guy until one act of heroism changed his life for ever. Events have been set into motion that will bring about the apocalypse and Scott is one of the Chosen to save mankind. Now with super human strength and speed Scott teams up with Melanie Regan a women with a secret that she will protect at any cost. But now is not the time for secrets, if they want to save the world they will have to trust each other completely or fail.

This is the first in Heather Graham's new ser
Logan
Aug 03, 2011 Logan added it
if you cant think of any thing to reshearch and you read this book reshearch December 21, 2012 as some peaple beleave THE WORLD IS GOING TO END! so i like like this book because it has some stuff you can reshearch instering stuff too i kept stopped reading the book to reshearch more stuff that was in the book and thought this is instering with all that stuff about the world going to end and all and about some peaple joining the world to stop the ending and sense im reshearching i tell you one th ...more
Michael
This is a story of good against evil that is different enough to be entertaining and yet believable.

Scott Bryant and Melanie Regan are two normal people who are suddenly given powers that they can use to fight against evil.

They are drawn to the Oracle. It is a place of good but they don't know exactly what it is.

Heather Graham has a talent for telling a good story and creating memorable characters.

Told in a manner that reminded me of "The Stand," Scott and Melanie follow a spiritual summons to
Jodi
This book had such potential but it required that you had read her other books that deal with the Alliance. Scott has a chance meeting with an old man (whose life is he trying to save) and the old man says some things that make Scott superhuman. He meets up with Melanie while trying to use his powers for good. (Don't mean to be snide. Up through this point, the book was terrific.) It was even interesting while trying to solve the 2012 Mayan prophecy. But the relationship between Scott and Melani ...more
Robin
I usually like most of what H Graham writes. This book is the exception. It just seemed not all organized or right somehow. I must say I was somewhat not happy with this book. She seems to have missed the mark on this one.

Book is about a Scott Bryant and Melanie Regan. Out of the blue - one happy day they discover they have super powers. They learn how to handle them and the story moves on from there. It was slow paced and at times actually boring which is so surprising for me considering I like
Krista Brown
why hasn't the second book come out yet!?
Cferjani
May 18, 2014 Cferjani added it
Shelves: mystery
(blank)
Viridiana Ruiz
May 03, 2014 Viridiana Ruiz rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one
It took me forever to finish this book, and I just finished it because I never let a book unread. I did not like the writing style of this author, she repeats things a lot. I picked up this book because the synopsis sounded very good, and I had never read an apocalyptic book before, but it turned out to be about vampires. This is supposed to be the first book in a series that I do not plan to finish.
Andrea
Let me say wow. HG came through yet again with a wonderful start to a whole new series. Everyone I think has thoughts about the end of the world...how it will happen....when it will happen. HG hit this with leads from former books along with new people in a series written about saving the world. I thought it was very well thought out and written, and the leads were fantastic, and of course the whole plot was great. I'm looking forward to reading the next three novels in this series.
Miranda Nixon
L.D.
Finished today. What a web Heather Graham spun. I started to read and I was caught. I was drawn into the characters. I must remember that when the book is said to be Paranormal Romance, does not mean graphic love descriptions. I must remember that is erotica. I loved the story line. She tackles the Apocalyptic concept, as she has researched from other concepts. This could be what she believes. I want to read the others that follow.
Nancy
After saving an old man from a gang of thugs, Scott Bryant finds himself transformed with special powers. He’ll need his new skills when mysterious Melanie Regan enters his life. Together they must fight a demon before it destroys Earth. Will Scott be able to resist the allure of his lovely partner who harbors a deadly secret? This tale has it all: vampires, fallen angels, and skeletons that rise from the dead.
Sara
I really didn't think I would like this--I'm not usually into the Armageddon/end of the world type books--but this was really quite good. The characters are called together to battle evil and prevent the beginnings of the End of Days. Their unique skills and strength, as well as faith provide them with the tools to defeat a powerful demon. The question is, can they overcome his influence and work as a team?
Bethany
Not even going to bother finishing it. When the character (who's supposed to be a male with super strength) started reminiscing about an old Dionne Warwick song... I was done. I've had it with unrealistic male characters written by female authors! I've been getting tired of Heather Graham for a while now anyway. I don't believe I'll be buying anything else of hers.
Melanie
I wish the rest of the series would release, but I do have to say this book was such a significant omen to me. Because of this book, I knew what my last child was going to be and what "her" name was confirmed to be. It had too many names that oddly fit with my family. The book was great, but like I said I wish the rest of the series would release so I could continue the story.
Jeymei
Not one of her best
Sharon
I really wanted to like this book. It started out with such a fascinating premise: people developing superhuman strength, telepathy, etc., in view of the Mayan 12/20/2012 doomsday prophecy (which has some of my RL friends running around like decapitated Leghorns ... how embarrassing is *that*?).

It turned out to be Another Damned Vampire Novel.
Telissa
I liked this book, but as i've noticed with a few other Heather Graham books there were quite a few editing errors usually they dont bother me no ones perfect but this particular book made a couple of mix ups on the names that messed with my head a bit. but i found the story interesting an am looking forward to reading the next installment in this series.
Colleen
I haven't read the author's other novels, but her new "The Prophecy" paranormal romance series (4 books of stand alone tales with an overall story-arc) evidently contain characters from her other novels.

While I wasn't blown away by this first novel in the series, I did enjoy it enough that I will read the other three when they are released.
Marisella
Heather Graham is a wonderful author, however, this book did not live up to my expectations. Vague, obtuse locations; Siciy, Italy. That's like giving England, Europe as a location for a car accident. Really, how about a city in Sicily? Most of the sentences started with prepositions and led nowhere. *sigh* couldn't get past the second chapter.
  • When Darkness Falls (Vampire #2)
  • Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • Cypress Nights
  • Stronger than Sin (Sins Hunters, #2)
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • Written in Blood (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #2)
  • The Shifters (The Keepers Trilogy #2)
  • Moonglow
  • Storm of Visions (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Forever and the Night (Vampire, #1)
  • Night's Edge
  • Drawn Into Darkness (Soul Gatherer, #1)
  • Arcanum 101
  • The Book Waitress (The Book Waitress, #1)
  • Dawnkeepers (Nightkeepers, #2)
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...
Ghost Walk  (Harrison Investigation, #2) Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1) Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) Haunted (Harrison Investigation, #1)

“The world is not always ours to understand....” 23 likes
“Bad dogs, she believed, were like most bad children: created by those around them. But then, that was a personal opinion. ” 13 likes