Start by marking “The Brave Little Tailor” as Want to Read:
The Brave Little Tailor

The Brave Little Tailor

Paperback
Published 1983 by World International Publishing Limited (first published 1812)

Sonia M
Aug 03, 2016 Sonia M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
Cleverness and tricks over physical strength. Dinosaurs disappeared while mammals survived.
 Marple
May 21, 2016 Marple rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My grandmother used to tell us this story but in a very very funny way and all that time i thought that she had imagined it. now i am nostalgic and happy at the same time.

by the way the tailor is not valiant he is clever hahaha
Greta is Erikasbuddy
I my opinion this tailor had a very inflated ego. But maybe that's a good thing?

A tailor smacks 7 flies in one smack and that's where the whole "Seven in one blow" comes from.

He then decides he needs a bigger shop and goes around the countryside looking for this and that.

He battles giants, a bore, a unicorn, and even a King (in a way) to get what he wants. He seriously goes from rags to riches!!

Sara
May 24, 2017 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whoo! Go Tailor!
WrensReads
I have the complete set of the Grimm Fairy-Tales, and there are so many that I haven’t read! They are very short, as one would know, so I have decided to read each one and give them a review. Some are very vulgar, some are very cute and some don’t even make sense. Some of them are well known fairy-tales and some have never been told. Some are fairy-tales we know but are not the same because they have been downplayed for the children.

This story has no moral unless “getting away with trickery and
Dione Basseri
Remember, kids. Lie well enough and you'll become management.

My low review isn't due to the observation above. I'm just not so interested in this story. It sounds so familiar to me, so I'm sure my parents or grandparents read it to me as a child, but it doesn't have any sort of residual fondness for me. It's...meh. I think partially because the story begins with making it apparent that the tailor is kind of an asshole. He makes a jam seller think she's about to make a great sale, with all his bo
Cristina
Aug 19, 2014 Cristina rated it really liked it
Este cuento tiene a uno de los protagonistas más inteligentes, o mejor dicho, listillos, de todos los cuentos que he leído. Creo que deberían cambiar el título por «El sastrecillo listillo» en vez de «El sastrecillo valiente». Tan sólo lo veo comparable al ingenio del Gato con Botas, y he de decir que me ha recordado bastante a este personaje.

Me ha gustado: un ejemplo de que la inteligencia es una de las cualidades más importantes que alguien puede tener y que nos hará llegar más lejos.
Lena
Aug 02, 2011 Lena rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
I did not like the message this book sends to kids. The tailor lies & deceives everyone and ends up rich. It may be realistic, but I wouldn't want children thinking that's the way to get what you want.
Brennan Wieland
Jan 18, 2011 Brennan Wieland rated it really liked it
In this story, a simple tailor becomes king through a cleverness and more than a few misunderstandings. This comes together with some neat illustrations to make a pretty good little book. Every Brothers Grimm book I've read so far I've really enjoyed, and this is no exception.
Tyler
Oct 28, 2014 Tyler rated it it was amazing
Reading this I can't seem to get the image of Mickey Mouse fighting the giant. One of my favorite Disney cartoons as a child was their version of the Brave Little Tailor. I enjoyed this fairytale a great deal.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
I read this classic fairy tale in the Classics of Children’s Literature (6th Edition) by John W. Griffith and Charles H. Frey. Published by Pearson in Upper Saddle River, NJ in 2005.

Michael Fitzgerald
Curious surreal illustrations.
Red
Oct 10, 2014 Red rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
we live in a world of make believe
Penelope
Jan 17, 2009 Penelope rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-and-ya
Beautiful illustrations!
Nancy (Colorado)
Jan 29, 2015 Nancy (Colorado) rated it liked it
This was a Great Books selection for one of my guided reading groups this week.
Meowkel
Dec 26, 2015 Meowkel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The tailor has this "comic-relief", egotistic personality, yet is still lovable. One of the best Grimm brothers stories I've read.
Lina
Lina rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2017
Alizée
Alizée rated it it was ok
May 31, 2015
Pants1221
Pants1221 rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2011
Salman Mehedy Titas
Salman Mehedy Titas rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Susu
Susu rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Irina Gorodetskaya
Irina Gorodetskaya rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2017
Missy
Missy rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2015
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2016
Innessa
Innessa rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2015
Naykanyaka
Naykanyaka rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Olga
Olga rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Antonie Kristensen
Antonie Kristensen rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jacob Ludwig Karl Grimm, German philologist, jurist and mythologist, was born at Hanau, in Hesse-Kassel (or Hesse-Cassel). He is best known as the discoverer of Grimm's Law, the author of the monumental German Dictionary, his Deutsche Mythologie and more popularly, with his brother Wilhelm, as one of the Brothers Grimm, as the editor of Grimm's Fairy Tales.

(From Wikipedia.)

More about Jacob Grimm...