Start by marking “Bedtime, Playtime” as Want to Read:
Bedtime, Playtime

Bedtime, Playtime

Jaid Black

Warlord

Published May 22nd 2007 by Gallery Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bedtime, Playtime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedtime, Playtime

Jane Stewart
Two of the three stories are excellent.

This book contains three short stories, described below.

5 stars for WARLORD by Jaid Black.
Good story telling for erotica. This was a fun story, very hot and good characters. Janet and Morag go through a mist which takes them back in time to 1052. They are found by two Scottish men who take them and marry them.

Data:
Story length: 103 pages. Sexual language: erotic. Number of sex scenes: nine. Setting: present day and 1052 Scotland. Copyright: 2001. Genre: ero
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Oct 15, 2008 Unapologetic_Bookaholic rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of PNR/romantica
Each story in this anthology was hotter than the next. I will be looking for to reading full length novels by Jaid Black and Ruth D Kerce. Perhaps another novella by Sherri King.
PHF: A sizzler
Shelia
Jun 24, 2008 Shelia rated it it was amazing
i love this book it was very very hot.
Kim
Jan 23, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
In these three sensual tales of passion and pleasure, bedtime always means playtime....[br/][br/]Jaid Black "Warlord"[br/][br/]While in Scotland on a business trip, tawny-haired, voluptuous Janet Duval suddenly finds herself transported back into a distant time, enslaved by barbaric, muscle-bound men. The piercing, commanding eyes of Janet's dark-haired captor reveal that he will have his way with her -- no matter how much she protests. But Euan, a fierce warrior, feels a genuine heartfelt passi ...more
Bookfanatic
Three short stories

Warlord by Jaid Black is your typical girl meets heavily muscled warrior from the past who instantly falls in love with her and wants only to make sweet love to her. She, after the requisite protests, falls for him and wants to be with him. It's an ok story. Quite predictable, but it doesn't have some of the weird things that are in Jaid Black's other stories (i.e. the Trek Mi'Qan series).

Adam 483: Man or Machine? by Ruth D. Kerce

I loved this story! It's the best of the three
Kerry
Nov 21, 2010 Kerry rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, anthology
The first book, Warlord by Jaid Black, was my favorite of the three stories in the anthology. I must say that I don't read historicals, but this time travel back to 1052 Scottish Highlands really worked for me. I loved Euan. He was such a dominant alpha male. (4 stars)

The second book, Adam 483: Man or Machine?, was pretty good. However, it didn't feel complete. I felt like it was the beginning couple of chapters to a novel. Maybe it is. I have never read anything by Ruth D. Kerce before. (3 star
Ladiibbug
Nov 28, 2008 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it
Ellora's Cave Anthol.

Warlord - Jaid Black

Two women in current day Scotland walking through an evening fog find themselves transported back to The Isle of Skye in the Scottish Highlands, to 1052 A.D. as brides of warlords! Loved it!

Adam 483 - Man or Machine - Ruth D. Kerce

Futuristic sci fi story ... Captain Tyree Samou of the Galaxy mineral freighter is assigned a security bot. Or is he a dangerous and outlawed Cyborg? Or human? Or ? I liked this alot, my first read of this author.

Bachelorette -
Sharon
May 21, 2009 Sharon rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica-romance
Well, believe it or not I liked the first one best. Why is that surprising? Because it's historical in nature....and I'm not so into those as much as some readers...but it was the best! Manliest man of them all. I'm a sucker for a good hero - especially this one because of his reactions of receiving oral sex for the first time - that is so fun!

The second and third stories were pretty decent. Definitely hot sex scenes all steamy and good. Plots were meh, but that's not why I really read erotic no
Dawnie
Jan 14, 2011 Dawnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I'm not sure how I did it, but somehow, I downloaded this sucker on my blackberry instead of the book I wanted, but I ended up starting to read this over the lunch hour and was rather surprised. I think my eyes were probably pretty darn big, but it sure was interesting! While this isn't my normal genre, it sure was entertaining and seemed to have something for a lot of people.

So as normal...my rating is in there as a rating for the genre, not comparatively of all the books that I read. :
Lisa
May 31, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica
I'm giving this 2.5 stars. There are three stories in this book. They were okay to read. The stories are so short that it's really hard to get into them. The last story I thought was the best because it seemed to have more of a plot therefore more believable. Until I came to the end where the sex got really kinky. I had to google some of the things she was describing. That was a bad idea because it really grossed me out. Plus I really do not like BDSM. I never enjoy reading it. It just makes me ...more
Cheryl
May 29, 2014 Cheryl rated it liked it

This was as decent trilogy of stories. I really loved the first two stories and would probably have giving this book 5 stars but the third story was a bit slow and predictable. I found myself being confused as the final story really did not flow well. There was some sort of disconnect and the story seemed broken. The lead male seemed hot but that was about it. The story just had no substance.
Sally
May 25, 2010 Sally rated it liked it
I quite enjoyed these stories. They're well constructed, have characters that are about as interesting as they can get within the confines of a short story, the stories worked and the sex was explicit, so if you dont' like that be warned.

It was a reasonably fun read but not deep in any way. Not a bad way to while away some hours.
Caitlin
Feb 07, 2012 Caitlin rated it it was ok
"Bachelorette" By Sherri L. King was about Catherine, a girl who was hurt by her fiance in college and promises she will never be hurt again. Six years later, Catherine meets her match in an ex-CIA bodyguard.
Nicole
Mar 02, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom
first story: meh.
second story: interesting. what makes someone human? Why are cyborgs illegal?
third story: bestest.
Gina
Apr 16, 2011 Gina rated it really liked it
Sizzling!!!!! Great anthology if you're looking for a quick steamy ride =)
Lori Feldpausch
Jan 16, 2016 Lori Feldpausch rated it really liked it
Very good read. Kept my interest all through 3 different stories.
Lady Raven RAVE!
I LOVED THIS BOOK...its hard to pick a fav. because i really like all of the stories worth the purchase and worth reading. KEEPER
Joelle
Jan 25, 2011 Joelle rated it really liked it
Enjoyable fast read. Hot Hot Hot stories...
Kim
Dec 27, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
liked the story by Jaid Black best - Scottish hotty.
Darcy
Aug 12, 2011 Darcy rated it did not like it
This one just wasn't for me. I tried each of the 3 stories and just couldn't get into any of them.
Irinak
Nov 11, 2010 Irinak rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica-romance
Love all 3 stories, fast, very enjoyable, hot and spicy read.
Andrea Jones
Andrea Jones rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Nada
Nada rated it it was ok
Sep 28, 2008
Nikki McCarver
Nikki McCarver rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2011
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2010
Ravita
Ravita rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Erica Singleton
Erica Singleton rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2013
Jodi
Jodi rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2017
Gail
Gail rated it did not like it
Oct 24, 2016
Terrah
Terrah rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
What works for you? 1 6 Oct 16, 2008 06:24PM
  • Good Girl Seeks Bad Rider
  • Lover from Another World (Fated Trilogy, #1)
  • Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down (B.A.D. Agency, #0.5; Vikings Underground, #2)
  • Fever-Hot Dreams
  • Sweet Treats
  • Hurts So Good
  • Taming Him
  • Katie's Art of Seduction (Awakening Desires, #1)
  • Manaconda (Trek Mi Q'an #6) (Horde Wars #4)
  • Handyman
  • Wild Wild West
  • Ceremony of Seduction (Seduction, #1)
  • Mercenaries
  • The Jackson Brothers (The Jackson Brothers, #1-3)
  • Finding Strength
  • Cupid, Inc. (Signet Eclipse)
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Seasons of Seduction I
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Seasons of Seduction III
Jaid Black is the pseudonym of Tina M. Engler, the founder & owner of Ellora's Cave Publishing. Ms. Engler has been featured in every available news outlet, from the Washington Post and L.A. Times to Forbes, Publisher's Weekly, national TV news stations, and the Montel Show. Ms. Engler was officially recognized by Romantic Times Magazine with their first ever Trail Blazer award as the mastermi ...more
More about Jaid Black...