Start by marking “Very Much Alive (True Destiny, #1)” as Want to Read:
Very Much Alive (True Destiny, #1)

Very Much Alive (True Destiny #1)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  914 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Her destiny rests in their hands...

True Destiny, Book 1

Jordan Grey has her
Published February 17th 2009 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Very Much Alive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Very Much Alive

Beyond Eden by Kele MoonRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesLaid Bare by Lauren DaneDouble Time by Olivia CunningBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Favourite MMF romance
56th out of 400 books — 771 voters
Hour of the Lion by Cherise SinclairHers to Command by Patricia A. KnightVictorious Star by Morgan HawkeHale by Marie HarteRedemption Song by Karen Mercury
Paranormal MMF Menage
36th out of 155 books — 261 voters

More lists with this book...

Kris H.
This was an interesting concept and a pretty fun read with pretty hot sex scenes, although it was difficult to follow some of the Norse mythology. I prefer Bell's Halle Puma series, but there was enough to this that I'll likely read the next book in this series.
Angie
Synopsis: "Kiran Tate and Logan Saeter have been on the run from Oliver Grimm for so long they've forgotten what it's like to be free. Ending Grimm's power games won't be easy, but this time they have an ace in the hole. PI Jordan Grey, Guardian Investigation's resident hot shot--and Grimm's step-granddaughter. Jordan Grey has her doubts when Logan and Kir show up in her office with a tall tale of how her step-grandfather has framed them for murder. And to top it all off, they're claiming that t ...more
Shiran
Logan and Kir have been running from Oliver Grimm for many many years but they are done running and with the help of Jordan Grey (Grimm's step-granddaughter) they hope to put the facts straight and be free of Grimm. Jordan doesn't have a clue who or what her family is but when two hunks walk into her office and show her, she is throw into a war she always thought was just a myth.

This book had a very unique storyline, I have read many a book that revolves around Greek and Roman mythology but thi
Desiree
I have read many books involving some sort of mythology, but this is the first time I’ve run across Norse Mythology. I have to say I love it! The interaction between these characters is amazing, especially between the 3 main characters Jordan, Kir and Logan. Logan and Kir have so much strength, but they also have hearts of gold and a soft spot for each other as well as Jordan. From what little I do know, or have seen about Norse Mythology, Odin has never been a bad guy, so making him the antagon ...more
Jessica
Fun reframing of Norse mythology, with Loki as the hero and Odin as the bad guy, set in modern-day society.

Centuries ago, Loki/Logan was framed by Odin for the (unsuccessful) murder of Baldur/Kiran. Now Logan and Kiran have finally found the person who can clear Logan/Loki's name and let them regain their place in society: Odin's human granddaughter, Jordan. Once they convince her that they're not crazy -- oh, and that she's the perfect woman for both of them, that is.

I can't quite pinpoint wha
Mel
I love me some Norse mythology and this book didn't disappoint. Though the book felt a bit rushed in the beginning, I found myself wanting to read faster just so I'd know what happened next. Dana Marie Bell is a fantastic story teller and I've yet to find a single thing written by her that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Very Much Alive tells the story of Baldur, the God of Spring, his mate and Trickster God, Loki and Jordan, the half-human woman that will clear Loki's name and capture their hearts.
Mariko
I liked the book and am totally willing to read the others.

It was about the Norse Gods and the legend that Loki killed Baldur. Instead, Loki saved Baldur and became his lover. Now they must prove that Odin framed Loki and the story tells how they did this.

All I can say about this is that it was an easy read.
Kayla
What a fund idea that the God's have come and now live and interact with humans. Plus I feel like in most modern stories Loki always gets such a bap rap so its nice to actually see him as the good guy! I love how Dana Marie Bell is so knowledgeable about the Norse God culture and really shows it in this book and it is what makes this read even better! Plus the dynamic between Kieran, Logan and Jordan is sizzling hot! This is definitely a must read series!

I gave it 5 out of 5 stars!!!
For more re
Robin
Rating - 4.5* (Series Overall - 5*)
One Word Rec.: Buy
Bell, Dana Marie; VERY MUCH ALIVE [True Destiny, #1]

Ebook; genre:{paranormal romance}, shelves: |author: Dana Marie Bell |
|Rating: 5* - Favorite, will re-read all the time = FANGIRLING HAS COMMENCED|
|paranormal, gods/myths: Norse|
|romance, f/m/m|

Personally, I don't enjoy giving "SPOILERS" as a rule, so I believe the general synopsis above or on the book flap if it's a hard copy should give you all the pertinent information you need. I do incl
(This review may contain spoilers).

So... I do have a particular fondness for paranormal romance. And, of course, Norse mythology. So a combination of the two was really good.

I really liked Logan and Kir's relationship. Right from their first scene, I was pulled into the book. I absolutely adored the banter between them and there were quite a few instances I found myself smiling and amused by some of the comments.

I really did like the sex scenes, though I found the language a bit crude at times.
Ellissa
The premise is interesting and the characters were intriguing. I think you get over sex scenes in a book after a while. I am not a huge fan of the poly thing in books, but it works sometimes for characters and I like the perspective of how ideally the love story of it should work.
Haha
Hot sex, too many things to keep track of
I'm not familiar with Norse mythology, so this is a bit much for me. But the sex is hot as hell, so I still recommend it.
Nikole
It took me a minute to keep all the names straight in my head but I still enjoyed this story. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Nancy
just couldn't get
behind the concept
of Norse gods as lovers
with Odin trying to kill
Loki before Ragnarok.
Cayla
Not a bad start it was kind of slow for me in the beginning but then I started to get in to it and im glad i keep reading.
Kiara Nicoli
it makes my heart almost crazy with some of the erotic parts. Loved it!
Chalice
Very good book, Norse Mythology, Action/Adventure kind of plot with some very hot scenes included. Lots of humor and an engaging storyline. Characters you can care about and a few twists. It's m-m-f, so if that's not your cup of tea, consider yourself forewarned. Looking forward to reading more in the series. If I had one quibble it would be that it takes far too long for the characters to actually (euphemism alert)get horizontal! The first 66% of the book is a whole lot of UST and that's way to ...more
Vee
Adore this book. No matter how many times I read it it's still one of the best books I've read. This series has the potential to be amazing! I love how protective Kir is over Logan and Jordan. I love Logan's protectiveness and his willingness to sacrifice himself to help/save others. Jordan is the perfect balance for both of them. This story line is great and I love Dana's take on the Norse myths. Great read, highly recommended!
Roxy
I didn't fall in love with this book as quickly as her others that i have read. Perhaps more to do with the subject being gods instead of shapeshifters, the latter being my preference. Although as the story progressed i did become more captivated by the tale. The story ended a little early, but i am sure the sequel will further develop the characters and this will no doubt become another addictive series.
SANDRA
3.75 Stars. Hot dog, damity dog she did it again. Antoher wonderful story from Dana Marie Bell. I really like the Norse mythology that she made this story from.. The characters were HOT strong and yummyliscious!! But as I read more of her books seems to be she has the same themes going. I would like to see her do something different in her stories to surprise me and enjoy them more.. :)
Dannielle
A really great book. Most of the Norse mythology is explained, at least for the main players. A few times I was a bit confused, but not on major stuff.

I thought that sex would happen sooner, at least between Kir and Logan. So the wait was a bit of a let down. But once it started it didn't stop. Great scenes!!

Looking forward to continuing the series!
Tamara
I was right! Starting at the beginning made all the character names easier to follow. I love this series, and this one in particular cracked me up! I loved the banter between Logan(Loki), Kirian(Baldur) and Jordan. The double entendres alone are worth reading Very Much Alive.
Action, suspense, humor, heat and heart.
Amyd219
Ok, don't get weirded out by the sci-fi sounding prologue. It's just a back story for the Norse mythology, which I love. The storyline was the best developed work I've read of Bell's, and the fantasy element was just subtle enough to not scare away those who might be new to the genre.
Kathryn Reeder
I really love this author and all of her books. This one is about a half human half god name Jordan. She is a PI who meets two full Gods and helps them prove their innocence. It has Norse Mythology in it which I found interesting along with some very explicit scenes.
Summer

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
Toni (U.A.C.)
I just re-read this story and I still really enjoyed it. I loved the banter/relationship between Baldur, Loki, and Jordan. The only real negative is that I still don't really understand the motivation behind all that Odin did.
K.R.Caldwell
Not as memorable as i'm use to with this author. I got it on my nook because of the author and I think i was a little dissapointed. Still a good read. Interested to see what the series holds.
S.J. Drum
I love reading about Norse Mythology and this book hit the spot. It was a little confusing in places but the main characters made up for that and the sex scenes were great.
Senora Butterfly
Very Much Alive 2.5 Stars

I felt the story did not flow it was all PG13 until you got to chapter 7. One book by this author is one too many for me.
Holly
Feb 16, 2009 Holly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Holly by: Angela James
Pretty good story. Had some plot holes and some of the mythology was hard to follow, but I liked the characters. Will be picking up the next one.
  • Trinity (de La Vega Cats, #1)
  • Skye's Trail (The Angelini, #1)
  • Coming Full Circle (Friends and Lovers #2)
  • Tidal Wave (Forces of Nature, #1)
  • The Lost Locket (PowerUp!, #1)
  • Shifters' Captive (Magical Ménages, #1)
  • Wicked Sexy (Wicked^3, #1)
  • Something New (Foster Siblings, #2)
  • Unleashed (Demon Lovers, #4)
  • Light My Fire
  • Unbridled (Lone Star Lovers, # 1)
  • Dead Moon Rising
  • Marvin and the Three Bears
  • Hybrid Misfit
  • Love at First Bight (Deep Space Mission Corps, #1)
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • The Strength of Three
  • Nailed to the Wall (Powertools, #5)
Dana Marie Bell wrote her first short story when she was thirteen years old. She attended the High School for Creative and Performing Arts for creative writing, where freedom of expression was the order of the day. When her parents moved out of the city and placed her in a Catholic high school for her senior year she tried desperately to get away, but the nuns held fast, and she graduated with hon ...more
More about Dana Marie Bell...

True Destiny (5 books)
  • Eye of the Beholder (True Destiny, #2)
  • Howl For Me (True Destiny, #3)
  • Morgan's Fate (True Destiny, #4)
  • Not Broken (True Destiny, #5)
Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters, #1) The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1) Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4) Cat Of A Different Color (Halle Pumas, #3) Sweet Dreams (Halle Pumas, #2)