Start by marking “Captain Nemo: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and the Mysterious Island” as Want to Read:
Captain Nemo: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and the Mysterious Island

Captain Nemo: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and the Mysterious Island

Here in one binding are both of Jules Verne's Captain Nemo novels. In 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea we meet the enigmatic Captain Nemo and The Nautilus. Even after many adventures and much derring-do Nemo's secrets remain his own, and at the end of the novel we are left with many mysteries concering this mysterious and tragic man. In The Mysterious Island we once again ...more
Published January 11th 2009 by Wilder Publications (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Captain Nemo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Nemo

Joe

Nada indicaba que leería este libro en estos días. Entro a una librería sólo para mirar y hacer un poco de tiempo, luego de un rato lo encuentro entre los estantes a un precio tan bajo que lo tomo y ya está.
Comienzo su lectura y no paro hasta terminarlo como me pasa siempre con Verne.

Además, compruebo que esto es lo que necesitaba para calmar nervios y angustias nocturnas recurrentes, poder tranquilizador que por mucho tiempo encontré en Holmes.
Este es Verne, el de los personajes puros y metaf
Gergana
Feb 11, 2011 Gergana rated it really liked it
This book was my first encounter with the underwater world and ever since I read it I've been fascinated by oceans and their flora and fauna. I really liked the adventurous spirit of the main character and the author's descriptions of the world he created. Even though it was fictional I felt kind of a balance all the time and it made me curious till the last page of the book.
Jake Danishevsky
Dec 12, 2013 Jake Danishevsky rated it it was amazing
From what I can recall, since I was about 11 or 12 years old and read it back in the Soviet Union, in Russian, it was one of my all time favorite books. Adventure, futuristic technology, robotics, fighting, shooting and I was about 11. Just everything that the kids can put yourself into the fantasy at the time and become part of that world, at the very least for time being. What a great book.
Keith
Apr 16, 2014 Keith rated it liked it
Although thoroughly enjoyable, the story seems a bit credulous for the time it was written. The science and technology dated itself shortly after being published. The eccentric Captain Nemo, the enchanting Nautilus (which inspired a childhood fascination with submersibles) and the frightening giant squid encounter carry the novel.
Paula
Mar 22, 2014 Paula rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yo leí este libro cuando era MUY pequeña, y digo muy porque tenía 7 años y no entendí bien de que trato. Igual le doy esta calificación porque no es mi tipo de lectura, es enredada y demasiado fantasiosa, incluso para mí.
Bere Alamilla
Feb 24, 2015 Bere Alamilla rated it liked it
No es mi tipo de libro pero tiene una gran narrativa y es una oportunidad magnifica de viajar y explorar otros mundos (en este así submarinos) maravillosos.
Javiera Soto Moreira
Me encantó ♡, aunque solo alcancé a leer como 100 o más páginas, llegó marzo y ahí quedó el pobre :c
Marts  (Thinker)
Jan 28, 2011 Marts (Thinker) rated it really liked it
Shelves: classics, adventure
Two of my favourite Jules Verne novels, 20,000 leagues introduces Captain Nemo who is believed dead at the end of the tale, however he re-surfaces in Mysterious Island.....
Leo C.
Leo C. rated it liked it
Erich Strelow
Erich Strelow rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Val
Val rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Natalia Pruteanu
Natalia Pruteanu rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Charles Kensinger
Charles Kensinger rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Steve Downes
Steve Downes rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Douglas
Douglas rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
Puiu Gh
Puiu Gh rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Stephaniemattos
Stephaniemattos rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2014
Inna
Inna rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2013
Katya Polo
Katya Polo rated it it was amazing
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
halfie
halfie rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Panos777
Panos777 rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Terhesiu Calin
Terhesiu Calin rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Ron Zwart
Ron Zwart rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Cary
Cary rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Oscar
Oscar rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Hector Silva
Hector Silva rated it it was amazing
David
Mar 22, 2014 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aventura de las de siempre para pasarselo como nunca.
Gerardo Wario
Gerardo Wario rated it it was amazing
Sayandip Dutta
Sayandip Dutta rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2015
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Illustrated Classics)
  • Смерть чиновника
  • Nils: The Wonderful Adventures of Nils and the Further Adventures of Nils Holgersson: Combined Unabridged Editions-Two Books in One
  • Ян Бибиян
  • Road Dahl Boxed Set of 6 Books: The Witches / George's Marvelous Medicine / The Twits / Esio Trot / Matilda / The BFG
  • Egy magyar nábob
  • York (Horrible Histories)
  • The Young Guard
  • Greek Gods and Goddesses
  • Kincskereső kisködmön
  • A Handful of Horrid Henry
  • Илинден
  • Anansi and the Magic Stick
  • The Mask of Anubis (House of Anubis, #3)
  • El Conde de Montecristo
  • The Four Grannies
  • Fabiola or the Church of the Catacombs
  • Telling Tales
Jules Gabriel Verne was a French author who pioneered the genre of science-fiction. He is best known for his novels Journey to the Center of the Earth (1864), Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (1870), and Around the World in Eighty Days (1873).

Verne wrote about space, air, and underwater travel before navigable aircraft and practical submarines were invented, and before any means of spa
More about Jules Verne...