Start by marking “Rip It!: How to Deconstruct and Reconstruct the Clothes of Your Dreams” as Want to Read:
Rip It!: How to Deconstruct and Reconstruct the Clothes of Your Dreams

Rip It!: How to Deconstruct and Reconstruct the Clothes of Your Dreams

2.96 of 5 stars 2.96  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Why spend tons of money on humdrum designer duds when it's possible to revamp a piece you already own to create a guaranteed original that looks, fits, and feels just the way it should?

Rip It! shows how simple and fun it can be to transform a tired wardrobe into hip, one-of-a-kind new looks without spending a dime. Elissa Meyrich, owner and teacher at the popular New York
Published February 1st 2006 by Fireside Books

To ask other readers questions about Rip It!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rip It!

Kori
An okay book to start off with for recycled clothing ideas. Projects are kind of blah, and not really anything I'd feel motivated to make based on the pictures. The instructions, however, are clear, and this is a good stepping stone book if you're new to sewing or sewing recycled clothing. I'd reccommend one of the books from the Generation T series more (awesome, awesome books), but this book isn't bad.
Cherie
B- I didn't really get as much out of this book as I had hoped - I think the drawings in weird colors (orange, grey, white, black) didn't really convey how great things could be.
Lana.
Jan 13, 2010 Lana. rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: someone just starting out in sewing
Shelves: diy, fashion
Pros:
- Teaches one how to read a sewing pattern
- Many easy projects with diagrams along the way

Cons:
- Projects not very inspiring (seemed ill-fitting in the few photos with models wearing the projects) and are more "embelishment" in nature rather than deconstucting or reconstructing

A book for beginning sewers with a teenage fashion sense.
Katherine
Great project ideas with more detailed instructions than a lot of the similar books I've recently looked at. The only drawback is that the few photographs are grey--the rest is illustrations. I imagine this made the book less costly to produce, but I love to look at color photographs of project ideas.
Aja Marsh
Wowzers. Most of these re-construction ideas are absolutely hideous. I think a beginner teenage sewist might get excited by this mainly because it doesn't require new fabric or anything but still. Wow. Not cute.
Sara
This was a useless recap of techniques any sewer already knows (and I'm not even a very good sewer), with very few project ideas (and no good ones at that). This book has absolutely nothing on Generation T.
sara frances
Oct 03, 2008 sara frances rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who know nothing about sewing and wants to start.
This book had some good basic sewing information in it, but nearly all of the patterns were hideous, IMHO.
Jillian
There were a few cute ideas, and some really ugly ones. I think teens would appreciate this more than adults.
AJ Conroy
I first got it from the library and then bought a copy to have as a reference.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Few actual projects, kind of ugly and/or boring.
Andrew Brisman
Andrew Brisman marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Thekookykrafter
Thekookykrafter marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Tiphaine
Tiphaine marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Jodi Pirkovic
Jodi Pirkovic marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Traci-ann
Traci-ann marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Rip It!: How to Deconstruct and Reconstruct the Clothes of Your Dreams Rip It!How To Deconstruct And Reconstruct The Clothes Of Your Dreams