Start by marking “Seymour and Henry” as Want to Read:
Seymour and Henry

Seymour and Henry

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Two adventurous ducklings get a little too carried away in a tale of a mother-and-ducky reunion that toddlers are sure to appreciate.

Seymour and Henry love to play and can’t wait to jump in the pond. Plop! But when it’s time to go home, pit-a-pat, they run away, scampering farther and farther from their mother. Now it’s starting to rain, and Mommy is nowhere to be seen. "Q
Published February 10th 2009 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Seymour and Henry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seymour and Henry

Bridget R. Wilson
Two little ducklings, Seymour and Henry, don't want to stop playing. They run from their mother, playing as they go. When the rain comes, they hurry back to their mother. Safe with their mother, they are tucked up and warm.

What I thought: Delightful. The story is great. Kids will identify with Seymour and Henry. After all, who wants to stop playing? The onomatopoeia was good--it will make this a story time favorite. I loved the illustrations--soft and colorful. What a great idea to make the duck
Garrett Ellis
A good book, but possibly too young of a book for elementary students. Maybe use for introductory kindergarten students!
The Library Lady
I love this book. It's a sweet gentle story that will work perfectly at my story times for 2 year olds. It has the perfect pacing and pitch, with just enough repetition.

Why then am I only giving it 3 stars?

Because the author/illustrator based this artwork on a pair of toy stuffed ducks belonging to her son. And they LOOK like stuffed animals. Mama Duck is even gingham checked!

Don't get me wrong. I'm still going to use this book and the kids will love it.
But as a fan of Kim Lewis' other, beautifu
Adrienne
I love the illustrations--so soft and cuddly-looking. This is an adorable little book about two slightly naughty little ducks and I love them :)
Heidi
I love this book! The illustrations are gentle, precious, and adorable. The ducks are toys!!! So, so cute and now I wish I had a mother duck with two baby ducks just like them. (The author/illustrator's son had two toys ducks, which was the "inspiration" for this book.) It is possible for something to be so cute it makes your heart ache. That's what this book does for me.

You try looking at the page where they're waiting and see if you don't smile in the sweet tenderness that is conveyed.
carissa
Recommended Ages: toddler - K

Seymour and Henry want to stay outside and play. They run, jump and hide. But when the rain comes, they hurry home to mother.

Cute book, lots of fun "sound" words (plop, pit-a-pat). Good book for toddler/preschool storytime.
Molly
Very simple story about two ducks in a rain storm. It is ok it really does not have much to it but a very cute story. Ages birth+
Joanna
Lots of position words and an entertaining story. A good find for a house with toddlers and early readers.
Elizabeth S
Has a fun story, and also teaches a good lesson. I like that the little lesson does not overpower the story.
Mariah Christensen
I have a soft spot for ducklings, but this one didn't have anything memorable.
Amy Brown
Cute spring story. The plot has been done before but the illustrations are nice.
Jodi
This was the cutest book I have ever read!The illustrations are just adorable!
Karen
lovely book with big colourful pages. an ideal bedtime story.
Ciara *I love Harry Potter!*
This book is SO cute! The illustrations are just lovely! :)
Tina
"ducks, toy ducks acting real, running away, rain"
Melissa Luttrell-Hill
Really great illustrations.
Jessica
cute pictures:)
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Alisha
Alisha added it
Apr 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Kim Lewis is an author and illustrator of children’s picture books.
More about Kim Lewis...