Start by marking “Green Wilma, Frog in Space” as Want to Read:
Green Wilma, Frog in Space

Green Wilma, Frog in Space

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  226 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Green Wilma is so determined to catch a tasty fly that she doesn?t notice a family of galactic visitors to her pond. In a case of mistaken identity, the alien parents beam Wilma on board their spaceship while leaving their child, Blooger, behind. Poor Blooger, stuck on the bewildering planet Earth. Poor Wilma, hungry and confused (though also having the ride of her life!). ...more
Published May 14th 2009 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Green Wilma, Frog in Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Wilma, Frog in Space

Caroline
Mar 17, 2016 Caroline rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, library
I picked this book out at the library for my daughter and we both ended up really enjoying it.

Green Wilma is a little green frog in a pond trying to catch a fly to eat. Down flies a space ship with a little blue frog. By mistake, the alien frog is left behind and Green Wilma is taken for a little ride in space!

This is a cute, simple, fun story. The drawings are bright, colorful, and not overly detailed while also not being too simple.

I would definitely read more books about Green Wilma to my dau
Karen
Sep 04, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
I'm not always a Ted Arnold fan, but this book was hilarious. Bonus points: My six-year-old son read this book on his own and was able to give me a summary of the book. When we read it together, he was exactly right.
Luann
Sep 26, 2011 Luann rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, 2011
Green Wilma is back! This time she is mistakenly plucked from earth by an alien spaceship. She thinks it might be all right when the Martian mother says "Time to eat!" and she is offered alien bugs. But she is even happier when she accidentally turns the spaceship around while chasing a fly from earth around the ship. Was it all just a dream? (view spoiler) ...more
Mary
A rhyming picture book about a frog who is accidentally abducted by aliens. The facial expressions are a hoot and the alien robot's reactions are a nice touch.
Tracy Connolly
Jul 07, 2011 Tracy Connolly rated it really liked it
Green Wilma was minding her own business as an alien ship landed nearby. Chasing a tasty fly, she didn't notice the ship or the alien little Blooger was taking a dip. All of a sudden, Green Wilma was in the alien ship leaving her home and going out to space. The aliens thought she was Blooger. Suddenly, the alien mother announced it was time for dinner. When she took of the mask, she saw Green Wilma and wondered what happened to her little Blooger. Tedd Arnold's wonderful story and illustrations ...more
Melanie
Green Wilma is enjoying her time by the pond catching flies. All of a sudden she hears a buzzing noise but pays no attention because she's chasing a fly. She doesn't realize it's a spaceship. An alien child slips off the spacecraft and plops into the pond. As Wilma is still looking for flies she is snatched up by the spacecraft that thinks it is the little boy alien. When the parents of the alien child discover Wilma they think it's their son who's sick. But Wilma finds a way to get back to eart ...more
Tracy Morton
Jun 25, 2014 Tracy Morton rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute. Not long so works for younger readers.
Aug 24, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
Green Wilma is back on an adventure to outerspace. She looks so similar to the aliens visiting that they take her to their ship instead of Blooger, their alien child. At first they still think she is Blooger but has just turned a different color. Fun ensues when Wilma chases a fly about the spaceship. Tedd Arnold uses simple text and rhyming in this story. While cute, and a quick read, the story is lacking somewhat. The illustrations are colorful and do fit the storyline. My 8 year old enjoyed t ...more
Kim
Sep 04, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
Hilarious read aloud.
Cosette
Mar 03, 2014 Cosette rated it liked it
Beautiful pictures
Bernice
Oct 19, 2009 Bernice rated it liked it
This story of mistaken identity would joy the youngest of readers. It is humorous as we see how Frog is taken into space, while the real alien is left down at the pond. The aliens at first feel that Earth must have turned their young alien green, but soon discovered its a case of being switched on Earth! The trade is made at the end of the story, but not a little twist that frog just happened from space that he brought back to Earth.
Heidi
This Green Wilma book is cute, but I have a problem with these books as for read-alouds. Do-able, of course. But there is enough in the pictures that, if read chronologically, would break up the rhyme scheme. Still, as I'm considering this for a school-age boys' group, I think they'll be fine. I'm feeling this book better than some of the other options given me. (And I like this Wilma book better than the other one I've read.)
Ashley
Dec 06, 2011 Ashley rated it it was amazing
2009 - Fantasy

Poor Wilma was only trying to get her breakfast when she is scooped up by an alien ship by mistake! The family of aliens think that Wilma is their son Blooger and try to figure out how he turned green. Through all the doctors test, they realize that it isn't Blooger at all! Very cute book with funny pictures. Kids love it!
Jackie
Green Wilma is just trying to catch her breakfast, thank you very much...when she is rudely captured by aliens (Blue Aliens, at that). The spaceship comes hurling down to Earth when Alien Mom and Dad find out they have the wrong frog aboard. Green Wilma: Frog in Space is still after that pesky fly, even after her journey into space.
Debbie Tanner
This is a simple little book about a case of confused identity. A little frog is just looking for something to eat at the pond when he is mistakenly taken into outer space by aliens who have been hanging out at the pond. The pictures are cute and cartoony and early readers will appreciate the limited vocabulary.
Amy
Aug 08, 2011 Amy rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
Kind of a cute story. My niece liked it, but my nephew said he didn't. He had a confused look on his face most of the time, but I'm not sure if he was confused as to what was going on, or if he was confused about why parents could leave their child behind. Either way, not a hit with the boy.
Sue
Review to follow
Shunta
I bought this book. Its cute little story of mistaken identity. I would use it to teach pay attention, also stay with your group. I would use it to teach inferring and prediction also. Good illustrations.
Claudia
I think that students at the beginning level would benefit from reading this book because it provides them with a fun book and in guided reading I think this keeps them intrigued and into the lesson.
Sally Staples
Apr 22, 2012 Sally Staples rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
My kindergarten students enjoyed this funn book written by Tedd Arnold. Green Wilma is a frog trying to catch a tasty fly, but gets beamed up into a space ship by mistake. Cute story!
May 20, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
Cute and funny, but pretty simple. It was intersting that the copy I picked up to read had been processed upside down in its jacket--the book seemed very different read that way.
Kayla
I think that this was a very cute book. I think that children will find it humorous that the frog and the alien switch places. This would just be a fun book to read to children.
Kimberly
Sep 28, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
The pictures are too cute. The frog and alien have things in common. It gives the reader/child something to think about and "wonder." Love the rhymes.
Amanda
Apr 28, 2010 Amanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-s-books
A cute verse with fun illustrations. A little bit confusing maybe for some kids (they may be too literal for something so fantastic). A cute read though.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This is a bit strange. Tedd Arnold seems to have a strange interest in flies. :-) (And in this case, frogs and aliens)
Angie
Oct 27, 2010 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: picture
Cute. A nice picture sci-fi book.

I am always impressed by authors that can rhyme without it sounding forced.
Dolly
Aug 19, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Silly and fun book about a frog named Wilma and her adventure in an alien spaceship. It's a good book to read aloud.
Amberly
Aug 09, 2011 Amberly rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I liked this book, the rhyming is good and simple. My son didn't enjoy it as much as I did.
Megan
Jun 03, 2009 Megan rated it really liked it
What fun, a frog/alien switcharoo! Could work in a storytime about space/aliens or frogs!
Mallory White
Mar 21, 2013 Mallory White rated it liked it
Shelves: rhyme, alien, frogs
Rhyming book

Book for your frog lovers

Book for your space or alien lovers
  • Hop Jump
  • I'm Not.
  • Ready for Anything!
  • Solomon Crocodile
  • I Dream of an Elephant
Tedd grew up with three brothers. His family lived on a farm in Pennsylvania for several years then returned to Elmira until Tedd was ten years old. His father's work then required that they move to Gainesville, Florida. There, Tedd's first art lessons in an abandoned dentist's office over the Happy Hour pool hall eventually led to a fine arts degree from the University of Florida.

He and his wife,
More about Tedd Arnold...