Green Wilma, Frog in Space

Green Wilma, Frog in Space

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Green Wilma is so determined to catch a tasty fly that she doesn?t notice a family of galactic visitors to her pond. In a case of mistaken identity, the alien parents beam Wilma on board their spaceship while leaving their child, Blooger, behind. Poor Blooger, stuck on the bewildering planet Earth. Poor Wilma, hungry and confused (though also having the ride of her life!)....more
Published May 14th 2009 by Dial

To ask other readers questions about Green Wilma, Frog in Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Wilma, Frog in Space

Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold LobelFrog and Toad Together by Arnold LobelThe Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher by Beatrix PotterFive Little Speckled Frogs by Nikki SmithRayne Shines by Bonnie Ferrante
Best Books About Frogs/Toads
38th out of 39 books — 14 voters
Boy and Bot by Ame DyckmanMr. Wuffles! by David WiesnerDoug Unplugged by Dan YaccarinoClink by Kelly DiPucchioOh No! by Mac Barnett
Science Fiction Picture Books
59th out of 109 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Luann
Green Wilma is back! This time she is mistakenly plucked from earth by an alien spaceship. She thinks it might be all right when the Martian mother says "Time to eat!" and she is offered alien bugs. But she is even happier when she accidentally turns the spaceship around while chasing a fly from earth around the ship. Was it all just a dream? (view spoiler)...more
Tracy Connolly
Green Wilma was minding her own business as an alien ship landed nearby. Chasing a tasty fly, she didn't notice the ship or the alien little Blooger was taking a dip. All of a sudden, Green Wilma was in the alien ship leaving her home and going out to space. The aliens thought she was Blooger. Suddenly, the alien mother announced it was time for dinner. When she took of the mask, she saw Green Wilma and wondered what happened to her little Blooger. Tedd Arnold's wonderful story and illustrations...more
Melanie
Green Wilma is enjoying her time by the pond catching flies. All of a sudden she hears a buzzing noise but pays no attention because she's chasing a fly. She doesn't realize it's a spaceship. An alien child slips off the spacecraft and plops into the pond. As Wilma is still looking for flies she is snatched up by the spacecraft that thinks it is the little boy alien. When the parents of the alien child discover Wilma they think it's their son who's sick. But Wilma finds a way to get back to eart...more
Tracy Morton
Cute. Not long so works for younger readers.
Green Wilma is back on an adventure to outerspace. She looks so similar to the aliens visiting that they take her to their ship instead of Blooger, their alien child. At first they still think she is Blooger but has just turned a different color. Fun ensues when Wilma chases a fly about the spaceship. Tedd Arnold uses simple text and rhyming in this story. While cute, and a quick read, the story is lacking somewhat. The illustrations are colorful and do fit the storyline. My 8 year old enjoyed t...more
Cosette
Beautiful pictures
Bernice
This story of mistaken identity would joy the youngest of readers. It is humorous as we see how Frog is taken into space, while the real alien is left down at the pond. The aliens at first feel that Earth must have turned their young alien green, but soon discovered its a case of being switched on Earth! The trade is made at the end of the story, but not a little twist that frog just happened from space that he brought back to Earth.
Heidi
This Green Wilma book is cute, but I have a problem with these books as for read-alouds. Do-able, of course. But there is enough in the pictures that, if read chronologically, would break up the rhyme scheme. Still, as I'm considering this for a school-age boys' group, I think they'll be fine. I'm feeling this book better than some of the other options given me. (And I like this Wilma book better than the other one I've read.)
Ashley
2009 - Fantasy

Poor Wilma was only trying to get her breakfast when she is scooped up by an alien ship by mistake! The family of aliens think that Wilma is their son Blooger and try to figure out how he turned green. Through all the doctors test, they realize that it isn't Blooger at all! Very cute book with funny pictures. Kids love it!
Jackie
Green Wilma is just trying to catch her breakfast, thank you very much...when she is rudely captured by aliens (Blue Aliens, at that). The spaceship comes hurling down to Earth when Alien Mom and Dad find out they have the wrong frog aboard. Green Wilma: Frog in Space is still after that pesky fly, even after her journey into space.
Debbie Tanner
This is a simple little book about a case of confused identity. A little frog is just looking for something to eat at the pond when he is mistakenly taken into outer space by aliens who have been hanging out at the pond. The pictures are cute and cartoony and early readers will appreciate the limited vocabulary.
Amy
Kind of a cute story. My niece liked it, but my nephew said he didn't. He had a confused look on his face most of the time, but I'm not sure if he was confused as to what was going on, or if he was confused about why parents could leave their child behind. Either way, not a hit with the boy.
Shunta
I bought this book. Its cute little story of mistaken identity. I would use it to teach pay attention, also stay with your group. I would use it to teach inferring and prediction also. Good illustrations.
Claudia
I think that students at the beginning level would benefit from reading this book because it provides them with a fun book and in guided reading I think this keeps them intrigued and into the lesson.
Sally Staples
My kindergarten students enjoyed this funn book written by Tedd Arnold. Green Wilma is a frog trying to catch a tasty fly, but gets beamed up into a space ship by mistake. Cute story!
Cute and funny, but pretty simple. It was intersting that the copy I picked up to read had been processed upside down in its jacket--the book seemed very different read that way.
Kayla
I think that this was a very cute book. I think that children will find it humorous that the frog and the alien switch places. This would just be a fun book to read to children.
Kimberly
The pictures are too cute. The frog and alien have things in common. It gives the reader/child something to think about and "wonder." Love the rhymes.
Amanda
A cute verse with fun illustrations. A little bit confusing maybe for some kids (they may be too literal for something so fantastic). A cute read though.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This is a bit strange. Tedd Arnold seems to have a strange interest in flies. :-) (And in this case, frogs and aliens)
Angie
Cute. A nice picture sci-fi book.

I am always impressed by authors that can rhyme without it sounding forced.
Dolly
Aug 19, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Silly and fun book about a frog named Wilma and her adventure in an alien spaceship. It's a good book to read aloud.
Amberly
I liked this book, the rhyming is good and simple. My son didn't enjoy it as much as I did.
Megan
What fun, a frog/alien switcharoo! Could work in a storytime about space/aliens or frogs!
Mallory White
Rhyming book

Book for your frog lovers

Book for your space or alien lovers
Cara
Wilma goes into space when she is mistaken for an alien named Blooger.
Kim
Good rhythm and rhyme. Silly, light-hearted story.
Susan Erhardt
All of the Wilma books pale in comparison to the first.
Tina
"frogs, aliens, space, sequel"
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Big Frog Can't Fit In: A pop-up book
  • Aliens Love Underpants
  • Katie Loves the Kittens
  • Beegu
  • Good-Night, Owl!
  • Hello, Day!
  • Solomon Crocodile
  • I'm Not.
  • Bear Feels Scared
  • Big Smelly Bear
Tedd grew up with three brothers. His family lived on a farm in Pennsylvania for several years then returned to Elmira until Tedd was ten years old. His father's work then required that they move to Gainesville, Florida. There, Tedd's first art lessons in an abandoned dentist's office over the Happy Hour pool hall eventually led to a fine arts degree from the University of Florida.

He and his wife,...more
More about Tedd Arnold...
Parts (Parts, #1) Hi! Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #1) More Parts (Parts, #2) There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #4) Fly High, Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #5)