Start by marking “Earth to Table: Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm” as Want to Read:
Earth to Table: Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm

Earth to Table: Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  11 reviews
There is nothing more delightful than a tomato still warm from the sun, or a strawberry so perfectly ripe that it stains your fingers.

Why not eat this way all the time? The healthiest and most delicious food comes from farmers and artisans just down the road—though it is often easy to forget when we are surrounded by food shipped to our supermarkets from around the world a
Published September 22nd 2009 by Ecco (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Earth to Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earth to Table

Bobbie  Crawford
Oct 13, 2009 Bobbie Crawford rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Organic & Slow Food Cooks
Date: September 15th, 2009
Pages: 336
Format: Hardcover
ISBN: 978-0307356840

Earth to Table is much more than a cookbook; it covers a wide range of organic, "slow food" topics, delicious and unique recipes that use all-organic ingredients and features several Chief profiles.

A sample of the recipes inside:

Scrambled Eggs with Chives and Caviar
Pesto
Saffron Rice
Rhubarb Fool
Map
Stacy
The photography was what first drew me to this book - vibrant, earthy shots of vegetables, fields, and what we call “food” in its natural element. Visually appealing, the book progresses through the seasons with a list of what foods are available, recipes using those ingredients, and various commentary by chefs who have learned the connection between farm and table.

I do wish there was more substance to the book - more recipes and less commentary. Still, it’s a beautiful book to have on your she
Daledonna
Inspiring to garden AND cook..
Claire
Mar 16, 2012 Claire rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cooks, environmentalists, and lovers of beauty/nature/agriculture
Such a beautiful book! It contains a veritable wealth of lovely photographs, stories, and recipes. Most of all, though, it's a love letter to farmers, and organics, and the earth, and beautiful food. You could literally spend hours paging through it and reveling in the gorgeous photography and stories (plus the delicious-looking food!). I especially enjoyed the organic manifesto at the end - right on!
Jessica
I added this book to my list to read long before I even moved to Hamilton. After moving here and discovering the Earth to Table Bread bar restaurant, I unearthed the beautiful home of this amazing cookbook. I ended up getting it as a birthday gift from my partner a few months later and I still love flipping through it for seasonal inspiration.
Erica
Delicious! I have cooked several of the recipes out of the Fall section of the book. I was impressed with both the production quality of the book (beautiful photos, entertaining essays with famous chefs covering sustainability topics and the recipes themselves).

I made the French Onion soup and was in heaven!
Juanita
After reading Grapes of Wrath, this cookbook seems timely... Interesting commentary about the importance of supporting your local farmers (without being preachy) beautiful pictures, and delicious recipes. Can I get a caprese salad with some Mapletons ice cream for dessert please?
Laurie Carroll
My brother gave me this book for Christmas and I'm loving it! It has inspired me to plant a garden again this spring so I can reap the benefits of fresh fruits and veggies all summer long! I have also tried a couple of the recipes already. Everything is simple and delicious.
Kristen
Beautiful photography. Great looking food. And perfect message about organic, local food. But not very practical for me as far as the complexity of the recipes.
Loren Nicole
I loved this book to it's core. If you want to start thinking, cooking, and farming/gardening in a sustainable way, I recommend this book.
Alexia
there are some good recipes, but a lot of them are just not something I would feed to my family on an everyday basis.
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Ron Smith
Ron Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Leanna Manuel
Leanna Manuel marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Nada
Nada marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Khristiey
Khristiey marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
elin
elin marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
klo
klo marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Cooking in the Moment: A Year of Seasonal Recipes
  • Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life
  • Forgotten Skills of Cooking: The Lost Art of Creating Delicious Home Produce, with Over 600 Recipes
  • In the Green Kitchen: Techniques to Learn by Heart
  • Seasonal Fruit Desserts: From Orchard, Farm, and Market
  • Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook
  • Land of Plenty: A Treasury of Authentic Sichuan Cooking
  • Modern Classics Book 2: Cookies, Biscuits & Slices, Small Cakes, Cakes, Desserts, Hot Puddings, Pies & Tarts
  • My Sweet Mexico: Recipes for Authentic Pastries, Breads, Candies, Beverages, and Frozen Treats
  • Mission Street Food: Recipes and Ideas from an Improbable Restaurant
  • Turquoise: A Chef's Travels in Turkey
  • How to Store Your Garden Produce: The Key to Self-Sufficiency
  • Authentic Mexican 20th Anniversary Ed: Regional Cooking from the Heart of Mexico
  • Independence Days: A Guide to Sustainable Food Storage & Preservation
  • Good to the Grain: Baking with Whole-Grain Flours
  • The Heirloom Life Gardener: The Baker Creek Way of Growing Your Own Food Easily and Naturally
  • Clean Start: Inspiring You to Eat Clean and Live Well with 100 New Clean Food Recipes
  • Vedge: 100 Plates Large and Small That Redefine Vegetable Cooking