Start by marking “Earth to Table: Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm” as Want to Read:
Earth to Table: Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm

Earth to Table: Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm

“A beautiful book in every way.”

—Michael Pollan

Earth to Table by Jeff Crump and Bettina Schormann is an extraordinary, gorgeously illustrated collection of reflections and recipes in the tradition of Michael Pollan’s The Omnivore’s Dilemma and Food Matters. Subtitled “Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm,” Earth to Table sumptuously illuminates how good food is grown and
Published September 22nd 2009 by Ecco (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Earth to Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earth to Table

Bobbie  Crawford
Oct 13, 2009 Bobbie Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Organic & Slow Food Cooks
Date: September 15th, 2009
Pages: 336
Format: Hardcover
ISBN: 978-0307356840

Earth to Table is much more than a cookbook; it covers a wide range of organic, "slow food" topics, delicious and unique recipes that use all-organic ingredients and features several Chief profiles.

A sample of the recipes inside:

Scrambled Eggs with Chives and Caviar
Pesto
Saffron Rice
Rhubarb Fool
Map
Stacy
Jan 06, 2011 Stacy rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
The photography was what first drew me to this book - vibrant, earthy shots of vegetables, fields, and what we call “food” in its natural element. Visually appealing, the book progresses through the seasons with a list of what foods are available, recipes using those ingredients, and various commentary by chefs who have learned the connection between farm and table.

I do wish there was more substance to the book - more recipes and less commentary. Still, it’s a beautiful book to have on your she
Daledonna
Aug 29, 2014 Daledonna rated it it was amazing
Inspiring to garden AND cook..
Claire
Mar 16, 2012 Claire rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: cooks, environmentalists, and lovers of beauty/nature/agriculture
Such a beautiful book! It contains a veritable wealth of lovely photographs, stories, and recipes. Most of all, though, it's a love letter to farmers, and organics, and the earth, and beautiful food. You could literally spend hours paging through it and reveling in the gorgeous photography and stories (plus the delicious-looking food!). I especially enjoyed the organic manifesto at the end - right on!
Jessica
Feb 17, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I added this book to my list to read long before I even moved to Hamilton. After moving here and discovering the Earth to Table Bread bar restaurant, I unearthed the beautiful home of this amazing cookbook. I ended up getting it as a birthday gift from my partner a few months later and I still love flipping through it for seasonal inspiration.
Erica
Delicious! I have cooked several of the recipes out of the Fall section of the book. I was impressed with both the production quality of the book (beautiful photos, entertaining essays with famous chefs covering sustainability topics and the recipes themselves).

I made the French Onion soup and was in heaven!
Juanita
Aug 11, 2011 Juanita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
After reading Grapes of Wrath, this cookbook seems timely... Interesting commentary about the importance of supporting your local farmers (without being preachy) beautiful pictures, and delicious recipes. Can I get a caprese salad with some Mapletons ice cream for dessert please?
Laurie Carroll
Jun 10, 2011 Laurie Carroll rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-books
My brother gave me this book for Christmas and I'm loving it! It has inspired me to plant a garden again this spring so I can reap the benefits of fresh fruits and veggies all summer long! I have also tried a couple of the recipes already. Everything is simple and delicious.
Kristen
Mar 14, 2012 Kristen rated it liked it
Beautiful photography. Great looking food. And perfect message about organic, local food. But not very practical for me as far as the complexity of the recipes.
Loren Nicole
Jun 10, 2015 Loren Nicole rated it it was amazing
I loved this book to it's core. If you want to start thinking, cooking, and farming/gardening in a sustainable way, I recommend this book.
Alexia
Jan 08, 2011 Alexia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
there are some good recipes, but a lot of them are just not something I would feed to my family on an everyday basis.
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Diana Newton
Diana Newton marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
KellyK
KellyK marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Felix Barker
Felix Barker rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Eva North
Eva North marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Liz
Liz added it
May 24, 2016
Tanne
Tanne added it
Apr 27, 2016
Charlotte Fraser
Charlotte Fraser marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
andy fairall
andy fairall rated it did not like it
Feb 26, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Cooking in the Moment: A Year of Seasonal Recipes
  • Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life
  • In the Green Kitchen: Techniques to Learn by Heart
  • Forgotten Skills of Cooking: The Lost Art of Creating Delicious Home Produce, with Over 600 Recipes
  • Seasonal Fruit Desserts: From Orchard, Farm, and Market
  • Recipes from the Root Cellar: 270 Fresh Ways to Enjoy Winter Vegetables
  • Canning & Preserving with Ashley English: All You Need to Know to Make Jams, Jellies, Pickles, Chutneys & More
  • Modern Classics Book 2: Cookies, Biscuits & Slices, Small Cakes, Cakes, Desserts, Hot Puddings, Pies & Tarts
  • The Wild Table: Seasonal Foraged Food and Recipes
  • Chez Panisse Cooking
  • Good to the Grain: Baking with Whole-Grain Flours
  • Independence Days: A Guide to Sustainable Food Storage & Preservation
  • Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook
  • Turquoise: A Chef's Travels in Turkey
  • How to Store Your Garden Produce: The Key to Self-Sufficiency
  • Sarabeth's Bakery: From My Hands to Yours
  • Vegetables Every Day: The Definitive Guide to Buying and Cooking Today's Produce, with Over 350 Recipes
  • Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood