Start by marking “Killer McKenzie” as Want to Read:
Killer McKenzie

Killer McKenzie

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Alex is on her way to spend three months in the country with a father she hasn't seen for four years and a stepmother she's never met.
Published September 1st 2001 by Lothian Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Killer McKenzie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer McKenzie

Emilia Barron
As a teenager, this book was one of my absolute favourites that I discovered tucked away in the school library.
Such a true depiction of Australian outback life and of the modern day family.
It was a story that a 15 year old could relate to and it's a story that has stuck with me forever since.
J.H.
Read this in high school and loved it, have been looking for it on and off for years but no one ever had it. Then I found a used copy online and it was the best buy I made, happily spent my whole afternoon and evening reliving this wonderful tale of growth, finding your home and discovering your roots.
She starts out bratty and annoying but you can't help but love her. And what a wonderfully, not-too-over-the-top, not-too-cliched representation of outback Australia :)

Definitely recommend it.
Elaine
Didn't realize this was a kid book. Read it anyway because it takes place in Australia and the background noise/cultural slant was interesting. Story is formulaic.
Jeorgie
Jeorgie marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Gothsparkleprincess
Gothsparkleprincess marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Madii
Madii added it
Dec 07, 2012
Jason Bloom
Jason Bloom marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2012
Neşe
Neşe marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2011