Start by marking “30 Days to Finding and Keeping Sassy Sidekicks and BFFs: A Friendship Field Guide” as Want to Read:

Where would Jennifer be without Courtney? How about Drew and no Cameron? Life is just more fun with friends. And who doesn’t want a sidekick in case there’s ever a need to fight crime or solve a mystery? Every girl needs at least one wonderful pal, and when you harness the power of friendship, life’s possibilities can be limitless. It might sound like kid’s stuff, but the ...more
Published April 14th 2009 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about 30 Days to Finding and Keeping Sassy Sidekicks and BFFs

GirlwiththeBraids
Apr 04, 2009 GirlwiththeBraids rated it it was amazing
Friendship is a relationship too and it needs work just like any other, author Clea Hantman teaches in this must-read, 30 Days to Finding and Keeping Sassy Sidekicks and BFFS. Some girls have “frenemies”, some have clingy wannabes, and others have friends that they want to keep forever. Do you want your friendships to grow stronger? Or to start a new one and meet new people? This books takes you day by day, to finding and keeping friends that with last a lifetime. In a world filled with dreary ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by LaLeesha Haynes for TeensReadToo.com

Clea Hantman has created a short handbook that discusses the basics of being and finding great friends.

Although the information in the book is very useful, and could be a lifesaver for a young woman who is having difficulty understanding true friendship, it does read a bit like a textbook for friendship. I was hoping for more personal stories of friends found and lost, but the book focuses on rules and codes for friendship.

My favorite chapter discu
Rose
Jul 26, 2015 Rose rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-help
I admit, that when I saw this book I thought, "This just might help me." I have a couple of friends, but they are all leaving for college and that would just leave me hanging. I'm not exactly great at small talk or finding things to discuss with people I just met, so I thought this would help.

Well, it really didn't. Granted, all the chapters are really cute and straightforward, but it just was too... obvious. What?! I need to be kind to gain friends? Wha? Who knew?! No joke. That's one of the ch
Amore Duzenski
Sep 13, 2010 Amore Duzenski rated it liked it
This book had me fooled when I 1st laid eyes on it. I thought it was just one of those chick-lit books that are airheaded and meaningless. (oops, did I offend someone? apologies) Boy, was I ever more wrong?

It is in depth about many dimensions of friendship and gives great advice that I actually used!

I don't agree with a few of the lessons, such as being a "wing-woman" however, I do agree with the overall lesson of the book. Friendship is an important part of life.

It is(in my humble opinon)nei

Cat
Jul 14, 2016 Cat rated it it was ok
I came across this book as I was meandering through the library and thought to myself, "This book is cute, potentially funny with little wisdoms, and not too long." However, the advice inside was obvious (and it wasn't 'sassy' like I thought it might be).

Maybe this book would be of some value to a preteen to help shape their mindset for how to treat people and become a better person. However, for anyone older than middle school age, this would probably be boring to read and not particularly hel
Karen
Jul 31, 2011 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
This was a cute, sweet book. I read it just because I thought the title was fabulous, but I liked the song suggestions she gave throughout the book, too. I jotted them down and am going to look them up, because a lot of them I'm not familiar with. But the few that I did know are great songs, so if nothing else she has great taste in music! It's nice that books like these are out there.
Alexandra Chauran
Jul 18, 2013 Alexandra Chauran rated it liked it
This was geared towards kids, obviously, so it was hard to try to apply to my adult life. Yet some of the obvious lessons were good to read.
David Gutowski
David Gutowski rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2009
-.-
-.- rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2010
Emma  Blue
Emma Blue rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2009
Avery
Sep 19, 2009 Avery rated it did not like it
Really cute. My favorite part were the quotes at the beginning of each chapter.
Cher
Cher rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2011
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Khy
Khy rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2009
Eryn
Eryn rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Chanda
Chanda rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2013
Ms. Weinfurter
Ms. Weinfurter rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2009
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2009
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2016
Sadie
Sadie rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Selkie
Selkie rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2010
Little
Little rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2009
Tara Fleming
Tara Fleming rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2011
V  J Fazio
V J Fazio rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Jamianne Amiro
Jamianne Amiro rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2009
Autumn Doughton
Autumn Doughton marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2009
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2009
Aryanna
Aryanna marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2009
Kendall
Kendall marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2009
Alea
Alea marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2009
Steph (Reviewer X)
Steph (Reviewer X) marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2009
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2009
Jj
Jj marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2009
SCPL Teens
SCPL Teens marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2009
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2009
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2010
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2010
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2010
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2010
Mallory
Mallory marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2010
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2010
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2011
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2011
Ashley-Marie
Ashley-Marie marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2011
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2012