Start by marking “One Hex of a Wedding (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
One Hex of a Wedding (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #5)

One Hex of a Wedding (A Chintz 'n China Mystery #5)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  610 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Wedding bells turn to sour notes for Emerald O'Brien. Her fiancé is wounded by gunfire, her ex-husband becomes the prime suspect, and her maid of honor is being stalked. Now it's up to Emerald to divine if the incidents are related.

Published November 3rd 2009 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about One Hex of a Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Hex of a Wedding

One for the Money by Janet EvanovichChocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne FlukeAbby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria LaurieThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall SmithMurder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie
Best Cozy Mystery Series
283rd out of 1,072 books — 1,248 voters
Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria LaurieSecondhand Spirits by Juliet BlackwellThe Trouble With Magic by Madelyn AltWhat's a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria LaurieHexes and Hemlines by Juliet Blackwell
Paranormal Cozy Mysteries
145th out of 226 books — 272 voters

More lists with this book...

Aurian Booklover
Emerald and Joe are getting married in a week, and Em’s whole family is in town to celebrate with them. But when her sister Rose gives her an expensive necklace, things start falling apart around her. At the reception for all her friends and customers, one very unwelcome guest shows up, her ex-husband Roy. Apparently her son has invited him over. But Roy is trouble and he will ruin everything for Em if he can. Her grandmother hates him and is ready to give him a piece of her mind, her fiancé wil ...more
Jessica
The only things that really stood out to me about the book were (1) does YG get a kick-back every time she mentions Victoria’s Secret in one of her novels? And (2) for a woman who starts the book saying how much happier and healthier she feels now that she’s cut out the excess sugar from her diet, Emerald really eats a lot of crap – starting her days with overly sweetened coffee and eating cookies, brownies, etc. throughout her days. I ended this book with a desperate longing for a green salad. ...more
melissa
Charming. A cozy mystery that grabbed me right off the bat. I have the say that the witch aspect of it was not overly obtrusive in the beginning, but really shocked me when it did come up. Then toward the end, I was used to it. But maybe it’s just me, and a sign I haven’t read many mysteries that contain supernatural aspects in them. It was a quick read, and it was one that I could just let go and enjoy the journey, and not have to over analyze to keep up. I love the diversity of characters. Wit ...more
Debbie
This is the final book in Galenorn's Chintz 'n China series. I really enjoyed it and I'm sorry to see the series come to an end. [return][return]The story follows the sometimes dangerous misadventures of tea shop owner & Tarot reader Emerald O'Brien as she prepares for her wedding to her lover Joe. Things start off with a bang when her jackass of an ex-husband shows up at the engagement party, gets drunk and causes a scene.[return][return]Then Emerald learns that her BFF Anna Murray is being ...more
Angela
Emerald thought she finally was going to have her happy ending with Joe, her fiance, that she wanted since she said yes. Her weeks before her "big day" are anything but stress free or only about wedding planning issues. Not only does Emerald have to deal with her family being in town for the wedding, many of which she is not crazy about, but she soon finds nothing but trouble on her doorstep and in every step she takes. Joe, her fiance, is shot and the prime suspect is her ex husband, Roy, who j ...more
Barbara ★
Emerald, who owns the Chintz 'n China Tea Shop doesn't spend this book at the shop so it's much more enjoyable than the first one. Emerald has taken time off to plan and attend her own wedding though it seems as if the wedding is cursed as nothing is going right. Not only that but her best friend Anna Murray has a demented stalker who sends strange gifts and keeps trying to kill her man. So much for small town living. I guess it's dangerous no matter where you live. I liked Emerald and her girlf ...more
Janet Robel
I thought it was really cute. When I first started reading this, I felt like I was missing something. I quickly found out that this is the last book in the Chintz 'n China mysteries. This would have been more enjoyable if I had read the others so I would know more about Emerald and Joe's history. Perfectly fine to read on its own though.
Anam Ali
After the third attempt on her boyfriend's life, the heroine's best friend, who is also the head of the town's detective force, asks tearfully, 'A fire? But he's always so careful!' Come onnnnn, are you kidding me?! Does anybody use their brains in Chiqetaw?
Archer
I so hope this isn't the last we see of Emerald, Joe, Kip and Randa. And the rest of the gang, I love each of them and hope there are many books to come.
Kathy Chung
for those who love a who-done-it mystery, this is a good book for your

for me it's an ok kind of reads
Jan
Brought the characters to life quickly. Fairly quick read -- amazing number of personal issues are moved on.
Like the discussion of relationships--friends, exes, current relationships, teenage angst, families. Even more than I thought when I started listing them.
Emerald O'Brien is a sympathetic lead looking for a smooth ride to her second wedding. No such luck. She, her friends and her family overcome all the odds.
Nesie
I really liked this heroine, too bad there aren't more books in the series. But big-time kudos to Yasmine Galenorn for knowing when to end a series, instead of letting it drag on & on like some other well loved but driven into the ground stories. Ahem.

Anyway, I may have to track down the earlier books in this series, even though I know how it all ends. It's a cute little quirky town and a hot love interest, what's not to love?
Jacque
The wedding is finally here and everything is going wrong. This book was a little different tat others in the series, as there were no supernatural badies to confront. Of course she used astral projection to find the bad guy but the bad guy himself was your regular old insane stalker. I liked it though, especially the family dynamics.
Patrice
I think this was an excellent end to the series. It included most of the side characters that I could recall and tied up ongoing story threads in a satisfying way. The mystery also kept things fresh as, for the first time, Emerald was not the focal point. It was a good series and I'm glad to have had the chance to read it.
Terry's Zoo
I loved this series. The characters were fun and the writing was excellent. If you have not read this series or have never read Ms. Galenorn's books, this is an excellent series to start with. I just wish this were not the last book in the series. I could see many more stories with this cast and crew! :)
Kristin
I really liked this whole series. I read all 5 books in a week and a half. I liked all the characters and wish we could have more of them but this is the end of the series. It makes me sad that there won't be any more. This book wrapped everything up neat and tidy though for the most part.
Sylvia Walker
This series is good and solid, for cozies, with fun stuff like a main character who is physic, ghosts, curses, and monsters. The characters are mostly likable and interesting, the plots are above average, and the writing sometimes sparkles. A solid 3 stars!
Kathy
I have read other books in the series so was interested in seeing how this one about her wedding came out. It was a fast, interesting read. I like the characters that are her friends, there is a vast variety within the group.
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Poor Mur has a stalker. And Em's wedding is jinxed. But of course Em saves the day and Mur's life. I'm sad this is the last book in the series and that there will be no more. :(
Rexanna
I was so sad to see this series end. This book was perfect, but I still have hopes the author will write more in this series. Loved it.
Mary  (Biblophile)
I was disappointed in this one. Not nearly as good as the first in the series. I almost gave up due to boredom and lack of momentum.
Fab
Aug 07, 2011 Fab added it
I liked this book, but for me a lacked a little ooomph. It was well written, but just not my cup of tea. No pun intended :)
Carol
Mar 11, 2009 Carol rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cosy readers
Last book in the Chintz and China series-I certainly enjoyed it--as I enjoy a touch of white magic1 fast read.
Tribefan
I love this series! I am so sad that to date this is the last book! I do hope she writes more in the series!
Amanda Becerra
Oh i loved this book it had a little bit of everything finished it in one day!!
Jmichaud
I'd happily read another book in this series if she were to re-visit it.
Susan Shea
Fifth book in this paranormal mystery series. Lots of fun.
Julia
Very satisfying ending to an exciting series!
Suzi
Fluff but good
  • Glossed and Found (A Bath and Body Mystery, #3)
  • Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2)
  • The Trouble With Witches (Ophelia & Abby, #3)
  • Larceny And Lace (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #2)
  • Casket Case (A Callie Parrish Mystery #3)
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • No Rest for the Wiccan (A Bewitching Mystery, #4)
  • Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mystery, #7)
  • Death Takes a Honeymoon (Carnegie Kincaid, #4)
  • Antiques Knock-Off (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #5)
  • Tempest in the Tea Leaves (A Fortune Teller Mystery, #1)
  • An Uninvited Ghost (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #2)
  • Gaits of Heaven (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #17)
  • The Flaming Luau of Death (Madeline Bean, #7)
  • Goodbye, Dolly (Gretchen Birch, #2)
  • Getting Old Is the Best Revenge (Gladdy Gold, #2)
Yasmine Galenorn is the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today bestselling author of the Otherworld Series (Sisters of the Moon) and the upcoming Fly By Night and Whisper Hollow Series. In the past, she also wrote the Indigo Court Series for Berkley/Jove, two mystery series for Berkley Prime Crime (one under the pen name of India Ink) and eight nonfiction metaphysical books. She also wri ...more
More about Yasmine Galenorn...

A Chintz 'n China Mystery (5 books)
  • Ghost Of A Chance (A Chintz 'N China Mystery, #1)
  • Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Under a Mystic Moon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #3)
  • A Harvest of Bones (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #4)
Witchling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #1) Changeling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #2) Darkling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #3) Dragon Wytch (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #4) Night Huntress (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #5)