Start by marking “A Criança do Santo Graal (Guinevere, Livro 3)” as Want to Read:
A Criança do Santo Graal (Guinevere, Livro 3)

A Criança do Santo Graal (Guenevere #3)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  1,076 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Nas profundezas da sua gruta, Merlim soube de uma nova ameaça à paz de Artur. Para grande alegria dos Cristãos, antigos inimigos de tudo o que Guinevere preserva e venera, voltou a haver notícia do há muito perdido Graal Sagrado, ao mesmo tempo que da existência de uma criança que o deverá encontrar para cumprir o seu destino.
Published 2000 by Planeta Editora

To ask other readers questions about A Criança do Santo Graal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Criança do Santo Graal

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
Rosalind Miles has interesting books, but her style of writing is off-putting to me. Her women are always Damsels in Distress, waiting to be saved and then loved obsessively. Guenevere does nothing but bitch and moan at Lancelot for having love affairs but she's married. To his best friend. Geez, lady. Do something besides destroy any sympathy I have for you as a character in a tragedy. This was seriously the most whiny, annoying Guenevere I have ever read.
I understand the roles for the story ar
Nikki
Numerous times when reading these three books, I declared to anyone listening that if there was another purple prose sex scene or another scene in which Guenevere makes an irrational outburst, I'd actually burn the books. I never have yet, but I came very close to just getting out a box of matches and doing it.

I'm not quite sure why I even bothered reading the whole trilogy. Stubbornness, I suppose. And it is readable enough -- once I put my mind to it, I could read great chunks of the books in
Tara
Favorite Quotes

amy
I can't say enough about how wonderful this Guenevere trilogy is to read. The final book brings about the climax of the legend with Galahad and his quest.
Sandy Bookwitch
May 14, 2014 Sandy Bookwitch rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sandy by: Lori
Without posting spoilers, I guess I must say it has a much happier ending for the main characters (if not for Great Britain). I will say it continued to be strange to see Guenevere portrayed as a worshiper of the Great Goddess after may re-readings of The Mists of Avalon, where she becomes such a fanatical Christian. Still a bit blond and overly-self-entitled for me to love her as I do Mary Stewart's Merlin or Marion Zimmer Bradley's Morgaine, but Miles makes her more whole than I've found her i ...more
Arthurian Lucre
Lisa
Meagan
Jessica Willard
Mirah W
I believe the author was trying to portray Guenevere as one of the last great Mother-rite Queens...strong willed and equal (if not better than) men. However, I just couldn't help constantly being annoyed by Guenevere...her jealousy and sense of superiority seemed to grow with each novel. However, I feel the novel was well-written and interesting...the different stories of the knights, Galahad and the Quest, the battle with Mordrid, and Morgan's role in Arthur's life were all great tales. The sce ...more
Nicole
Jul 25, 2007 Nicole rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who love the legend of King Arthur
This book was definitely a big twist on the usual Arthur tale. I don't want to throw out too many spoilers...but this was the most different telling of the legend I've ever read.

I liked the different in some ways. It was great to see Guenevere portrayed as someone other than a whimpering weak woman who destroys Arthur in the end.

On the other hand, this was the first time I'd ever read the tale with the perspective that Arthur was far less than perfect. In fact, he was QUITE flawed in this vers
Meg
It was a light read, on the side of "romance novel." Not what I usually read, but that was sort of nice, actually.
Jessica Wood
By far my least favorite of the series.
Sue
I'm honestly not sure how l feel at the end of this book. Nothing turned out liked l had hoped, but the end fits, I suppose. This version on Arthur is such a douche that everytime Guenevere forgives him all l could ask was "Why?" I wanted her to dump his ass, run back to Lanealot and be happy. But she's not happy, not even in the end. She takes on her responsibilities, does what is right, and swallows want she wanted. Its noble, but it's also sad. It is how it is, l suspect, like life is for all ...more
Michelle
As the last in the series, I was simply expecting more. Not terrible, but not great either. Toward the ending it seemed as though she began writing the characters taking very "out of character" actions in order to just finish the book. I can't really point to one thing specifically, but it seemed as though the ending was written in a very rushed way.

Overall, very good though. The middle sort of lost my interest a bit, and apart from the very end, it was written very well.
Jami
By far the best of the three. But having said that they are flat and unfocused stories. I am currently reading dragon's child by m.k. Hume and in this book Arthur is Amazing!! Not the indecisive weak minded fool as he is portrayed here. And don't get me started on Guenevere. Warrior queen.. Paugh!! I am taking back one of the stars. If you want good Arthurian legend read M. K. Hume
penelopewanders
Wasn't sure I was going to continue this series, but it arrived in my mailbox...
I think I liked this one best of the three, although I read the first so long ago it's hard to say. At times the story was so dire I had trouble continuing (and read a few light novels along the way), but on the whole I really appreciated this take on the Camelot stories. I also was glad of the end.
Neeka
I really enjoyed this series... Like I stated before, I have never really read anything about the legends of King Author and all... I grew up with the Disney version and never was very interested in it - after reading this - I think I want to read more about the legends and learn more about it.
It's a very interesting and twisted story... Yet, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Barbara
This is the least bad book of the series but still not good enough to get 3 stars. I also found it very disappointing that the author didn't get into the story untill the third book. Still their were large parts of the book that I had to force myself to pick up the book and keep reading. even though at the end it was hard to put down.
Kylie
I spent most of this series thinking that Arthur and Guenevere bring out the worst of one another. It was nice to see Guenevere's strength at the end of this one. I enjoyed how truthful she stayed to the medieval Arthurian legends while setting them in a very different England than people imagine for the time period.
Christal
I liked this one more than the second, but not as much as the first but it was still a good novel. I thought the author redeemed Guenevere as a character here, because I was not feeling her in the second book. The way it wrapped up was a little sketchy, but didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the series.
Lyz
Definitely a more satisfying retelling of the King Arthur legend. Rather than a poor, pitiable barren Guenevere, the author delves into history and creates a more likely scenario of events, and as a result the end is much more satisfying, though no less heartbreaking. Definitely recommend this trilogy.
Dina Kaidir
I was feeling incredibly romantic when I picked up this book. I've always been fascinated by all things Camelot, Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and the love that Guenevere and Lancelot shared...the author is a wonderful story teller.
Cyd
I enjoyed reading this series. It gave some insight into the hold of the church on England and the destruction of the beliefs of the Lady. Since this was the dark ages it was a good explanation. The ending seemed to be lacking.
Krystal
This was a good ending to the trilogy. My only complaint is that the author seemed to get a little repetitive with some of the descriptions and phrases that she uses in all the books.
Karina
AWESOME!!These books are great. I did not want the 3rd one to end....Excuse the possible incorrect use of words, but if historical fiction is what you like....this trilogy is a must!!
Gabrielle Carolina
If only there were one more book! *sigh*

I cannot tell you how deeply I love this book and this series. I'm not even going to attempt to explain it to you.
Samantha
I liked the idea of this series, the beginning was good and the ending was good. The in between parts were sometimes a bit hard to get through.
Vicki
I love this portrayal of Guenevere and the Arthurian legend! This is the last book in the trilogy I didn't want it to end.
Marta
didn't read the trilogy, just this one. Good book for summer break.

I like all the mistery around the land...
  • Prince of Dreams: A Tale of Tristan and Esyllte
  • Guinevere: The Legend in Autumn  (Guinevere, #3)
  • Guinevere Evermore (Guinevere, #3)
  • Twilight of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon, #1)
  • Shadow of the King (Pendragon's Banner Trilogy, #3)
  • The Road to Avalon (Dark Ages of Britain, #1)
  • Uther (Camulod Chronicles, #7)
  • King Arthur
  • The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
  • The Raven Warrior (Tales of Guinevere, #2)
Rosalind Miles is an author born and raised in England and now living in both Los Angeles and Kent, England. She has written both works of fiction and non-fiction. As a child, Miles suffered from polio, and had to undergo several months of treatment. After being accepted to a junior women's college, Miles acquired a working knowledge of Latin and Greek, along with developing her life-long love of ...more
More about Rosalind Miles...

Guenevere (3 books)
  • Guenevere, Queen of the Summer Country (Guenevere, #1)
  • The Knight of the Sacred Lake (Guenevere, #2)
I, Elizabeth Guenevere, Queen of the Summer Country (Guenevere, #1) Isolde, Queen of the Western Isle (Tristan and Isolde, #1) The Knight of the Sacred Lake (Guenevere, #2) The Maid of the White Hands (Tristan and Isolde, #2)

“No other woman had that air of spring in January, that ever-bubbling fount of love and hope.” 23 likes
“That he loved her was his life’s greatest grace—that she loved him was a burden and mystery beyond compare.” 13 likes