Start by marking “Crystal Moon (Worlds of the Crystal Moon, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Crystal Moon (Worlds of the Crystal Moon, Book 1)

Crystal Moon (Worlds of the Crystal Moon, Book 1)

Hello Reader...

...or should I say, "lost soul." I truly hate to be the bearer of bad news, but since there's no tender way to deliver the blow, I'm just going to come right out and say it. You see, you and I, well...we're dead, or if it makes it easier to hear, we have perished. And, if a softer delivery is still necessary...we have passed on.

We can no longer call Earth ou
Published May 11th 2008 by Phillip E. Jones

To ask other readers questions about Crystal Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crystal Moon

The Lovely Bones by Alice SeboldBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerThe Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim EdwardsWicked by Gregory MaguireThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Wall Bangers!
64th out of 584 books — 456 voters
Crystal Moon by Phillip E. JonesHow to Make a Million Billion Dollars Selling e-Books! by Jet Elway
Books That Embarrass Humanity
1st out of 2 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

David Parker
Feb 14, 2012 David Parker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The World of Grayham was a pleasant read. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Like many fantasy novels I have read over the years, the first 150 pages required some setup to establish a foundation for the worlds the author was trying to bring us into. After this setup, the rest of the story exploded and continued at a satisfying pace all the way through the end of the second novel in the series. I would recommend this novel to anyone who is not too conservative. The author does allow one of his characte ...more
Krogan Moreaux
Oct 25, 2011 Krogan Moreaux rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought both books at the same time, the books are a Good read. Very enjoyable, the writing is unique and the story line never stops. My only complaint is it's a bit slow in the beginning and surges at the end. It is probably one of the best Sci/Fi books I have read. Overall very good series and I would recommend it basically to anyone who wants a good story that never stops! Waiting for Book #3
Janet Jacoby
Jan 09, 2012 Janet Jacoby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t enjoyed reading a story this much in a long time. A friend passed it on to me for some reading during the holidays. I finished this book in about 3 days. The twists and turns kept me reading it. I think this could be a killer game.
David Jacobson
Feb 22, 2012 David Jacobson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the opening of the story, using the concept of being 14,000 years into the future, but in an old world setting is intriguing. The author took me from present day to an old world set it in the future.

First impressions of the characters varied. Most of my first impressions remained unchanged throughout this book (i.e., the protagonist’s arrogance and the antagonist’s ruthlessness). There was one character, however, that my opinion changed about. She is an impact character who starts as an ir
Dec 24, 2011 TwistedPistol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I saw the cover, I became immediately interested in this book. Then, I saw the inside art and was drawn in further. The color images really give the characters life while the drawings inside add greatly. As a reader, the artwork definitely enhanced the story and gave great insight into Phillip Jones’ vision for various scenes. One thing I would have liked to see more of was more art.

The storyline keeps moving and although there are lots of characters, Big Dog helps straighten the reader out
Polyanne Medows
Jan 10, 2012 Polyanne Medows rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My niece gave me this book about a year ago. But as often happens life gets busy and the book sat on a stack for a long time. When I did read it, I was rooting for my favorites and hissing at my least favorites. It was such a fun story that I finished reading it and I decided that I had to tell my opinion about it.

My favorite characters were Mosley and Kepler, a wolf and a jaguar. Their characters maintained their animalistic tendencies common to their breeds, while dispensing advice, working a
Marcus Blandon
Dec 30, 2011 Marcus Blandon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a cousin read this book and then pass it onto me. I thought the references to contemporary life by George while in this old world setting was the most clever part of the book. I am passing the book onto my sister next.
Jazz Man Anderson
Jan 23, 2012 Jazz Man Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do a lot of travelling, so I have time to read. I read all kinds of books and I like reading books by authors I’ve never heard of. When I picked up the Crystal Moon World of Grayham, I was drawn into it immediately by the front and back covers and the art inside. So, good job, Mr. Jones for differentiating yourself in a very competitive market.

When I started reading, it took a bit to get into the meat of the story, but once the pace picked up, it was a great ride. I understand that the backst
Mark Spalding
Jan 02, 2012 Mark Spalding rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter encouraged me to read this book. It sat on a pile for quite a while. I kept looking at it, but everytime I would start to pick it up, I got distracted with something else. I thought I would never get to it. Finally, I did read it. Once I got started, I had a hard time putting it down. All my daughter could say to me was, “I told you it was good.” Okay, okay. (that’s funny…it’s in the book) She was right. George is by far my favorite character. He’s complicated, driven, and willing to ...more
007 Purist
Jan 20, 2012 007 Purist rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the most intriguing book I’ve read in quite awhile. The different worlds and characters and 4000 pound jaguars, and unique characters. The way it is written, I’m in the action. I could see Griffin Falls without seeing a picture of it. It’s a different concept. We’re all dead and the story is told in an unusual fashion. It has enough spice in it to keep me reading.
Marcia Dalrymple
It’s like WOW! Gamers need to read this book!

I play WOW and when I picked up this book, the first 30 pages of color pictures reminded me of the game. When I started reading it, I found the story to be engaging and I wanted it to be a game. I could imagine the rides on the griffin from Griffin Falls to Angels Village. The encounter George had with the Saber Lord and the giant cat, Kepler was like going on a quest. It was a blast. There were too many times, I kept thinking to myself, I want to go
Quintin Margolis
When I first heard of this book, I wasn't sure what to expect. I had heard that the author had been getting input from readers and that he was taking that feedback to "strengthen the story." When my 16 year old nephew read it and was hooked, I knew I had to be next in the family to read it. I found the story engaging, funny, clever, and on occasions, sad. This is a world where "time" has been replaced by "a series of moments," and the interplay between the gods, the mortals and the creatures is ...more
Marcus Barkmiller
I never have read a book like this before. It was so unusual and so funny and violent and filled with innuendo that I found enough variety to keep me engaged. When I saw how thick the book was I was a little intimidated and wasn’t sure if I was interested. But, the cover and the color art got me to buy it. I figured if I didn’t like it, I could pass it onto my daughter. She might like it. Well, I’m not giving this book to anyone. This book was way too good to pass on.
George Masi
Dec 30, 2011 George Masi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read many fantasy novels and what I like about World of Grayham is the mix of old world fantasy and the contemporary world. The writing is casual and laid back and I was rooting for some of the most unlikely of characters. I won’t spoil it for others, but just let me say that I enjoyed the twists and turns. I’m starting book 2 today.
Jul 14, 2009 Gena rated it did not like it
TAKE IT BACK TO COSTCO!!!!! And never look back!!!
Oh my gosh! I don't really know why I'm even continuing to read this piece of work. It's geared to the 13 year old and up group and wow, you'd think you just walked into the 1960's with a 2009 overlay. It reads like a dirty minded tween wrote it. The sad truth about this book(from what I can figure) is it's self published. And, it shows. The editing is none existing, the characters are undeveloped and nonsensical. The author tells people it is ri
Perry Madwin
Dec 24, 2011 Perry Madwin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first reveiw I've ever written. This was a very fun book. With each turn of the page, I found myself wanting to go to Grayham and walk in the footsteps of George. His conniving and conjuring along with the love in his heart for those who mattered to him and his off-handed comments, made him the most enviable character. I was intrigued by his complexity and I could identify with his motivations, albeit extreme, but what’s good fantasy without extremes, right?

I also liked how there wer
Super Freak
Feb 22, 2012 Super Freak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In reading the World of Grayham, this was a captivating read. It doesn’t feel like typical fantasy (if there is such a thing), but all of the elements are there. I enjoyed the storytelling by Phillip Jones and his incorporation of current world pop culture into his fantasy worlds.

I found the characters to be believable with real emotions and the ability to draw a range of emotions out of me. I chuckled, I laughed, I even got teary eyed in one or two parts. The fight scenes were intense and I co
Annika Vanhinkle
Jan 10, 2012 Annika Vanhinkle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A college friend told me about this book. He picked it up from a relative of his in Idaho. It’s funny how good books travel around the country. Anyway, when I saw the cover and the artwork inside, the 3D color work had me hooked. There’s plenty of action and suspense and cool humor. Great storyline. I highly recommend it.
Dawn Ford
Mar 13, 2012 Dawn Ford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son read this book and asked me to. I told him I wasn’t really into fantasy, but he implored me, so I agreed. This is a great story. Aside from the fantasy elements, there’s mystery, murder, innuendo, deception, and laughter. All elements that make great storytelling. Mr. Jones is a terrific storyteller.
David Cranston
Sep 14, 2012 David Cranston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I saw this book, I was intigued by the color artwork in the front of the book. When I read it, I found a very interesting twist on fantasy. The author takes a group of earthlings and jets them forward 14,000 years into an old world, fantasy setting manipulated by a group of back-stabbing gods. The intercourse between the gods and the earthlings, the rise to power and magical foundation building of the mortals are fun, suspenseful, romantic, and violent. I would highly recommend this book to ...more
Timothy Raab
Jan 23, 2012 Timothy Raab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could this be any funnier? I enjoy fantasy novels, but what is different about this book is how the jokes hit you upside the head when you’re not expecting it. The funnies run the gamut. Toilet humor to sexual innuendo, to humorous actions and reactions by the characters – they were all in there. This is a great casual read.
George Evans
Mar 13, 2012 George Evans rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do a lot of travelling and am always looking for good reads. I often don’t read books unless someone recommends it to me. I had a friend of a friend recommend this book and I was caught from the beginning. The color artwork in the beginning is fantastic. I’ve never seen anything like it before. That artwork enhanced the story 300 fold.

Once I got into the story, the pace moved quickly and there was lots of action. Phillip Jones has a way of describing a fight like I’ve not read before. I could
Randall Draper
Sep 10, 2012 Randall Draper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book was an escape from the ordinary. I found the humor engaging along with great fighting and beautiful settings. The color artwork is a terrific visual aid and gave the story an extra pop of excitement. With this being the first book in the series, I can't wait to get my hands on the second one.

This would be a great movie. I'd be interested in learning more about this author and the series. I'd love to know his twisted mind better.
Brenda Rauh
Jan 23, 2012 Brenda Rauh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very entertaining. The adventure, the satire and sarcasm of the humor, the ability of the author to make the reader feel a range of emotions in a good story line, kept me reading. The style of writing is very relaxed and feels almost like someone is telling a story to a group of enthralled campers surrounding the nighttime bonfire.
Deanna Pike
Feb 14, 2012 Deanna Pike rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The World of Grayham was a great escape from my duties as a mother, but like many fantasy novels, the first 100 pages were slower while the author established a foundation for the premise of the story. Beyond this initial setup, the rest of the story was filled with action, and it was deeply satisfying. I enjoyed the range of emotions that I experienced as the story progressed. I laughed. I cried, and I even threw the book because George Nailer, one of the main characters in the series really pi ...more
Karen Archer
Dec 24, 2011 Karen Archer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 14 year old daughter came home from the Space Needle the other day and was carrying this book in her hand. Apparently, her best friend found it at her uncle’s house when she visited her uncle in Salt Lake City. After the book sat on my kitchen counter for a few days, I snagged it and read it. This novel was a refreshing change from the Danielle Steele novels I usually read. I am hooked and will read the entire series.

After logging onto Facebook, I was able to engage the author and ask questio
Janet Campbell
Dec 30, 2011 Janet Campbell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t read fantasy, but there were other things about the book that I enjoyed. This book took me on a ride of up and down emotions. I laughed and then I cried. It’s certainly not a romance novel, but there was enough romance to keep me interested. There were lots of characters to keep track of so the Grayham Inquirer was very helpful. I would recommend this book for a great escape.
Andrew Palmero
Jan 13, 2012 Andrew Palmero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book consumed me. There were so many twists and turns…thank the gods for the Grayham Inquirer because otherwise the series of moments it would have taken me to read this book to keep the characters straight would have taken much longer. This book was a lot of fun to read and I will probably read it again to get more of what I missed.
Annie Mccarthy
Feb 23, 2012 Annie Mccarthy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good story. I enjoyed the twists and turns and the fact that the three main characters seemed like people I could identify with. They were varied enough that I could see elements of people I knew in each character. This realism made it easier for me to identify with the emotions each character experienced.

The gods are a blast! I want to be one. This is not typical mythology. It is much more interesting. Their manipulations of the inhabitants of Grayham are like puppeteers manipulating
Jeanne Sanderson
The book was recommended to me by my 80 year old mother. I was so floored to find out that she liked fantasy that I decided to read it myself. After reading Crystal Moon, World of Grayham, I have decided that I will take more recommendations from my mother. What a really fun book. This was a great escape from the murder mystery novels I usually read.

I don’t normally post reviews, but I’ll make an exception on this series. How fun!
  • Blackjack (Darkside, #5)
  • Lara at Athenry Castle (Hoofbeats: Lara and the Gray Mare, #3)
  • Agent Bishop: True Stories from an FBI Agent Moonlighting as a Mormon Bishop
  • Dark Harvest (Onic Empire, #2)
  • Seven Alone
  • Gothic City Lights
  • New Testament Stories
  • Feng Shui Step by Step : Arranging Your Home for Health and Happiness--with Personalized Astrological Charts
  • The Waterlord
  • Deer in the Darkness (Animal Ark Hauntings, #9)
  • Crimson Tears (Soul Drinkers, #3)
  • Call of the Wilds (Black Wolf Gorge, #1)
  • The Book of Azrael (The Sacred Text Series, #1)
  • Earth Witches Aren't Easy (Chance Monroe Book 1)
  • The Pleasures of Children's Literature
  • Bewitched at the Beach (The Rune Witch, #2)
  • The Storyteller's Beads