Start by marking “Bogeyman” as Want to Read:
Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Young widow Blythe Wyndham & her little daughter move into a rented home on the outskirts of a small Alabama town. Folks say a child was murdered there & when unexplained things begin to happen Blythe grows interested in the case. But someone wants her to stop her questions.
Published December 1st 2006 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Bogeyman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bogeyman

Amy Corwin
May 13, 2008 Amy Corwin rated it really liked it
This book actually surprised me--for the good. I enjoyed the story and it kept me intrigued with the puzzle of what was going on and who might have killed a little girl years before. The only "downside" was the end. I had a semi-hard time with the resolution to the mystery--it just didn't really work all that well for me and the person who turned out to be the predator did not seem realistic.

This was a very minor problem though and for the most part, I enjoyed this very much.
Morgan
Mar 17, 2017 Morgan rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I read this book because it was something I bought and hadn't decided was interesting enough to read. But I was shocked when it turned out to be one of the best books i've read! Highly recommend this book, it is worth the read!
Katy
Jun 19, 2011 Katy rated it liked it
Shelves: no-longer-have
Blythe has returned to her hometown, a small rural community in Southern Alabama, after her husband's death in order to try to get herself back on her feet. Shortly after moving into a small rental house, her daughter Maddie begins to have night terrors and one night, while checking on her, Blythe notices a tapping on the window - where there is nothing that could possibly cause it. When she sets out to investigate if anything odd is associated with the house, she runs across the murder of a lit ...more
Robin
Sep 18, 2016 Robin rated it liked it
Quick, easy read, kept me turning the pages. I have read several by Gayle Wilson and I like most of her work though none of them are classics.

It was obvious that the murderer was one of two people. No surprises there.

It was nice that the romance was kept casual. Too often novels have characters that are tired and stressed jumping into bed together when you know that is unrealistic under the circumstances.

I agree with others on the poor editing. There were fragmented sentences and unclear passag
Stacey
I give this 3 stars simply because I enjoyed reading it for the most part, the action moved quickly, and I really feared for the safety of the little girl. A review earlier mentioned that the mother fell to pieces and wasn't exactly rational anytime her child went missing. I actually feel that that is probably realistic. I'm a mother and I can't stand to even think about how I would feel in such a horrible situation. I also thought it was awesome that it skipped the requisite sex scene. The coup ...more
BookNerdette
Dec 11, 2011 BookNerdette rated it it was amazing
Shannon
May 08, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspence
I read this a few years ago It was very good.

Here is what is bout
A child’s worst nightmare. A mother’s worst fear.

A year after the death of her husband, Blythe Wyndham moves with her four-year-old daughter, Maddie, back to the small town where she grew up. But soon after they move into their new house, strange things begin to happen. Maddie has disturbingly intense nightmares—so intense that Blythe fears one night she may not be able to awaken her daughter. A psychologist explains that Maddie’s
Suzie
Apr 18, 2016 Suzie rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I gave this book a 3-star rating due to too many sentence fragments, sentences trailing off, and some of the sentences just not making any sense. Too many times the author referred to one of the characters as *her* and *she* but then finished the sentence with *Blythe*. The story itself is rather tasteful. Although, I didn't care for the ending. there were only a few characters introduced in the entire book so it kind of gave it away from that point. But then, I thought there could possibly be a ...more
Cathi95
Jun 04, 2015 Cathi95 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015
(Mystery, Supernatural 2006) Blythe Wyndham returns to her childhood home with her 4-year-old daughter after the death of her husband, and moves into a haunted house with a terrible secret. She finds her high school crush is now the sheriff. Together, they must unravel a mysterious death before her daughter becomes a victim. I really think this book might have done better as a short story rather than 424 pages of delay getting things done. Or maybe it was just my mood as I read. It was a bit unn ...more
Kristianna Mays
Jun 03, 2015 Kristianna Mays rated it liked it
This book was good. It wasn't quite what I had expected it to be when I first picked it up, but it overall turned out to be a good read. It had some nice twists, especially towards the end. At some points it was a tad slow. The characters lives fairly vague. I enjoy getting to know my characters and a little bit of a background about them, but it seemed as if the book skipped out on those parts.
Tori
May 06, 2008 Tori rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, romance
This book isn't bad, it's just not my genre. I got it for free as an offer to join a book club. I think I've been spoiled by all of my DBC books, because the "sex" scenes left me a little disappointed.

However, if you like mild romance combined with mystery, this is a great read. And I'd be willing to sell it or swap it for something. :)
Pamela(AllHoney)
Widowed Blythe Wyndham has returned to her hometown with her young daughter. Strange things are happening and Blythe starts investigating and learns that a little girl was murdered there many years before. One of those romantic thriller/suspense books that really pulled me into the story and kept me to the end.
Laurie
Jul 18, 2012 Laurie rated it really liked it
This book captured me from the start and held my attention until the end. I call books let this an easy read because they don't have too many characters to keep track of, and once you start them you want to find out how it ends. This book contained a little of everything and really kept me up until I finished it.
Yvette
May 22, 2010 Yvette rated it liked it
This was the first book I've ready by this author. The story was pretty good but the connection between Blythe and Cade was weak at best. And if he was "the one", there was no connection at all between him and Maddie. All in all, it was okay. I won't run right out to find more by this author but if I come accross something that sounds good, I may give her another try.
Maria
Aug 16, 2008 Maria rated it it was amazing
a year after her husband death blythe and her daughter moves back to a small town where she grew up.
When maddie starts to have night terrors could it be from the death of her daddy or is a spirit of a little gilr name sara who was murdered 25 years ago trying to protect maddie from the killer that was never caught?
Great story.
Heather
Mar 23, 2015 Heather rated it did not like it
Shelves: my-library
Oh my this book was boring! This was a Romantic Suspense novel? I would hardly say there was much romance. He seemed annoyed with half the things she said or did! And the suspense was lacking. This genre is clearly not for me. And here I thought it would be the best of both worlds... No wonder I found my copy in a used bookstore.
Angel R
Jul 31, 2011 Angel R rated it it was ok
This is the first book I have read by this author and it will probably be the last. It was very slow and boring at times and I really disliked the way it ended. The most interesting thing about this book was it's description on it's back cover.
Leanne
Feb 12, 2008 Leanne rated it it was amazing
Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Didn't guess the 'bad guy' til very close to the end. A definite winner, and great writing!
Judy
Apr 10, 2008 Judy rated it liked it
Free book in the mail
Kelly Moran
Feb 15, 2008 Kelly Moran rated it it was amazing
a great read.
Debbie
Jun 08, 2009 Debbie rated it did not like it
Pretty bad when then killer is painfully obvious before the book is half over. This is the first book by this author that I have read and it will be the last.
Maryfrances Wasilko
Sep 16, 2014 Maryfrances Wasilko rated it it was amazing
this was a good book, just enough of a spooky storyline. It kept you guessing until the end on who the killer is.
Tammy
Apr 30, 2015 Tammy rated it liked it
I thought the book was pretty good, just a little different than I was expecting.
Kristina
Feb 17, 2014 Kristina rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I liked the mystery. I also liked that fact that the main characters did not just automatically jump into bed together like in most books.
Taisha
May 08, 2010 Taisha rated it it was amazing
This book is AMAZING !! I really liked it alot =) there's mystery and romance and shocking events just like i loveee it !!
Tamiya Bates
Nov 05, 2012 Tamiya Bates rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, sad, murder, haunting
good good book i really liked how well it flowed. u really fell in love with these ppl and worried about everything that happened to them. good book!!
Darlene
Definitely interesting. Towards the end I had it figured out.
Sydney
Jul 26, 2011 Sydney rated it liked it
This was a great read! It had me on the edge of my seat for almost the whole story! I liked the romantic twist to the storyline too.
Frank Jude
Mar 28, 2009 Frank Jude rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one!
Recommended to Frank Jude by: No one!
Shelves: fiction-novels
What can I say? Sometimes you just want a lil' trash to read between all the philosophy! My first "Romance/Thriller with some horror thrown in!
Kimberly
Nov 01, 2009 Kimberly rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009-reads
Just was so slow after page 140 I skimmed through the rest.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Suspect
  • Dead White
  • Criminal Intent
  • In Plain Sight (The Ivory Nation)
  • The Survivors
  • Crucified  (Special X, #13)
  • Worst Nightmares
  • Turncoat
  • Immortal Bride
  • Vapor Trail (Phil Broker, #4)
  • Outer Perimeter
  • Fear Collector
  • The Dark Side Of Night (H.O.T. Watch, #1)
  • Atlantic Fury
  • The Promised War (Sam Deker, #1)
  • Sweepers
  • Silent Screams
  • The Lure
Gayle Wilson is a two-time RITA® Award winner, taking home the RITA® Award for Best Romantic Suspense Novel in 2000 and for Best Romantic Novella in 2004. In addition to twice winning the prestigious RITA® Award, Gayle’s books have garnered more than 50 other awards and nominations, including most recently the Daphne du Maurier Award for the Best Single Title Romantic Suspense of 2008, awarded to ...more
More about Gayle Wilson...