Start by marking “Letters to an American Jewish Friend: A Zionist's Polemic” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Letters to an American...

Hillel Halkin

Letters to an American Jewish Friend: A Zionist's Polemic

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Published July 28th 1977 by Jewish Publication Society (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Letters to an American Jewish Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letters to an American Jewish Friend

Gil Tanenbaum
Hillel Halkin was born in 1939 and moved to Israel in 1970. He is an author, a translator and a columnist. The son of a professor at the Jewish Theological Seminary of America, he had a Jewish education and religious background, but now considers himself secular. Hillel Halkin has lived in the northern Israeli town of Zichron Yaakov, located on a hilltop overlooking the Mediterranean, since he relocated here.

The first thing I must say is that Hillel Halkin can really write. I may be somewhat of
Yair Bezalel
There were moments of this book that enraged me as well as many that opened my eyes. For every instance I felt Hillel Halkin was talking with me there were just as many where I thought he was talking at me, or more precisely, talking down to me. But before I get too far into my feelings regarding the book, let me take a step back and delineate a bit more professionally just what this text is as opposed to what it claims to be.

First of all, the title "Letters to an American Jewish Friend: a Zioni
Yoav Lang
Yoav Lang marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Rob Friedman
Rob Friedman marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Kenna
Kenna marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Foxglove
Foxglove marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Nazila Khalkhali
Nazila Khalkhali marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Ilana
Ilana marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
Chanel
Chanel marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Ploni
Ploni marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2012
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2011
Melisande! What Are Dreams? Yehuda Halevi Jabotinsky: A Life Across the Sabbath River: In Search of a Lost Tribe of Israel A Strange Death A Story Discovered In Palestine