Start by marking “Skippy Jon Jones Collection (4 Board Book Collection, 1-2-3, Color Crazy, Shape Up, Up & Down)” as Want to Read:

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Skippy Jon Jones (4 Board Book Collection, 1-2-3, Color Crazy, Shape Up, Up & Down)
All of the books in the Skippyjon Jones series beg to be read aloud with gusto! Students can benefit from opportunities to listen and discuss books read aloud to them by adults. During
a read-aloud, teachers should model thinking strategies and skills to enhance students' comprehension o...more
Hardcover
Published by Dutton Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Skippy Jon Jones Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skippy Jon Jones Collection

Jenna
Children appreciate the Skippy Jon Jones series, but I do not understand or appreciate them. I find them obnoxious and racist. I can see how a child would like the book because of the character changes and the illustrations, but in reality the book is racist and overbearing.
Christyl
This book I read to my kids all the time and if you have small kids this is a must have. Very cute.
Taylor Johnson
Children love these upbeat books but i do not enjoy them. I think they are very racist and overbearing.
Brittnay
Not very appropriate for lesson, but humorous none the less!
Meredith
I thought that the book was amazing and that it is such a great way to teach children about their shapes.
Beckie Coldiron
Skippy Jon Jones is sure to make your students laugh with his sense of humor. However, I'd be cautious of the stereotypes sometimes found in these books. Other than that, these are very fun books that you can definitely use predictions, cause and effect and inferring with. I would suggest these books for children in first and second grade.
Tichina Fung-chung
I have only read one of the books from this collection and it is called "Skippy Jon Jones in the Doghouse". The book itself was very colorful and was full of action verbs but when reading it it is very hard to follow. I felt like the story was all over the place. I didnt understand what the main point of the story was.
Jen
I absolutely love all of the Skippy Jon Jones books. My daughter and I have read all of them together and I really credit these books to sparking an interest in my daughter learning to read. It is just one of those books that you don't mind pulling off the shelf and reading it again and again.
Angela Moorer
The first book in the collection is my favorite! The main character is so funny and students love him! I would like to have a writer's workshop on this series. I think it would be interesting to know the type of writing that students would publish after reading this series of books.
Kathleen Ruff
The paricular book I read was one I absolutley loved. It told the story Skippy Jon Jones that wanted to be anything else but himself. This would be a great book to read for any age but for the moral of the story to be comprehended I would start in 1st grade. I loved it.
Stephanie
I snagged a copy of the Up and Down board book at the local Mighty Dollar. The original Skippy Jon Jones is long and too complicated for babies (but a favorite of my school age students) The board book series seems great based on the 1 out of the 4 that I have.
Tara
This is a great book for children who are first learning their colors or are beginner readers! Of course, Skippyjon puts his own little twist on what he's coloring,and it's sure to make you giggle!
Megan
Skippy Jon Jones is one of my favorite children's books to read with my class. It is very imaginative and engaging, and spurs some interesting reading responses. The kids love it and so do I!
Brandy
This is always a fun read aloud favorite. This is an entertaining book to share with students during circle time or maybe at the end of the day when there is extra time during dismissal.
Jordan Ekins
I liked this book because it was a silly book that all kids can enjoy. I also liked that it showed that you can be whatever you want to be, there should be no boundaries
Ashlee
This is an adorable series! The main character isd a chihuahua!! I have a chihuahua and she is the love of my life!! Your students will love this adventerous dog.
Melanie Reineck
I have bought every skippy book I have ever found. Reading them to my kids provided us with many of mommy's funny (bad) accents!!!!
Lesley
Skippy Jon is now revered in the house. We find ourselves saying, "holy guacamole! and holy jalapeno!" with great frequency. :-)
Jamie Caddell
Skippy Jon Jones is a Siamese cat who thinks he's a chihuahua. This book is hilarious and if read aloud, a tongue twister.
Businesself
This is a fantastic childrens book. When I was a kid I had every single one. I laughed out loud a ton. Please read it!
Heidi J
These are some of Deegan's favorite books. "Holy frijoles!" And "Holy Guacamole" are common phrases we use
Heather
I love love love skippy jon jones ... as does my daughter. she's loved him since she was a baby.
Angela
I'm going to try this board book for Alzheimer's story time.
Jaime
Nice little set of board books for toddlers!
DeShawna
Amazing, I love these books.
Justine
Fantastic kids book!
Annette Alston
Annette Alston marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Jennie Buchkovich
Jennie Buchkovich marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
"I was the last child and only daughter born to Edward and Mary Francis Byron on August 20th, 1951 in the city of Waltham, Massachusetts. My oldest brother Ted was very good at art and my middle brother Kevin kept me laughing with his funny stories.

Growing up we didn't have much money. My mother was very ill, and to make matters worse, I was extremely shy. All my teachers complained that "Judith n...more
More about Judy Schachner...
Skippyjon Jones Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble (Skippyjon Jones, #3) Skippyjon Jones in the Doghouse (Skippyjon Jones, #2) Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones (Skippyjon Jones, #4) Skippyjon Jones Lost in Spice (Skippyjon Jones, #5)