Start by marking “The Daughter of an Empress” as Want to Read:
The Daughter of an Empress

The Daughter of an Empress

Louise Muhlbach was the pen name of Clara Mundt (1814-1873), an Austrian writer best known for her works of historical fiction. Among her famous works are: Napoleon and Blucher (1845), Joseph II. and His Court (1858), Henry VIII and His Court (1865), The Empress Josephine (1867), Frederick the Great and His Family (1867), Berlin and Sans- Souci; or Frederick the Great and ...more
Published October 6th 2007 by Dodo Press (first published 1867)

To ask other readers questions about The Daughter of an Empress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Daughter of an Empress

Phil Syphe
Oct 25, 2013 Phil Syphe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The evil that men and women do in the pursuit of power, love, and jealousy. In short, that sums up this novel based on real events from eighteenth century Russia. Pain and Power go hand in hand together.

This is a well-researched and well-written tale, except for a section in the middle that did not hold my interest. The reason for this lapse of mine is through the narrative's sudden change in direction - to the point that, for four or five chapters, it felt like a different novel.

Reason being th
Toni
Nov 30, 2012 Toni rated it liked it
I downloaded an app in my iPhone that has not only classic fiction of the finest order, but also books and reads that are out of print or of great rarity. Actually I just read The Entire Diaries of Marguerite Valois. I knew of her from Dumas's novel La Reine Margot so it was a treat to read her diaries. Funny how the annals of history are so different from her own diaries. It was an excellent read (& the only book I ever found was not listed on goodreads!) This book too, Daughter of an ...more
Marc Moss
Nov 02, 2009 Marc Moss rated it it was amazing
Jailynn
The story has you realize that being a princess or royalty was actually very dangerous and wasn't something that you really would want to be, no thanks.
Things were very violent back then, yikes, I would rather be a peasant.
Nicole G.
Oct 24, 2015 Nicole G. rated it liked it
A little slow towards the middle, but a mostly-engaging read, dealing with real events in Russian history. Such bloody times!
Nina
Nina rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Zahid Anwar
Zahid Anwar rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2010
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Ana
Ana rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2010
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2011
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2012
Hanna-maria
Hanna-maria marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2012
Mina
Mina marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Gabriela Melo
Gabriela Melo marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
I
I marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Jes Brandon
Jes Brandon marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Ursula
Ursula marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Sydney Martin
Sydney Martin marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Luise Mühlbach was the pen name of Clara Mundt (1814–1873), a German writer best known for her works of historical fiction.
More about Luise Mühlbach...