Start by marking “Vintage Knits for Modern Babies” as Want to Read:
Vintage Knits for Modern Babies

Vintage Knits for Modern Babies

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Vintage Knits for Modern Babies presents twenty-five vintage-inspired patterns from the stylish baby knitwear label, Shescraftyknits.com. Owner and designer Hadley Fierlinger shares her lovingly crafted collection of hand-knitted, heirloom-quality garments for infants and toddlers aged six months to three years. From caps, cardigans, and mittens to booties, bonnets, and bl ...more
Published October 6th 2009 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about Vintage Knits for Modern Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vintage Knits for Modern Babies

Aradia
Oct 14, 2011 Aradia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafty, favorites
Wonderful patterns! I was very happy with how simple the patterns read, how quickly the projects knit up and how lovely they look when finished. I have had many compliments on the items I've made so far. My favorite so far is the "Vintage Pixie Cap"-- looks adorable, knits-up in a couple hours and is very functional: covers baby's ears and neck, stays on and doesn't obstruct baby's vision at all.

The patterns are-- what would be the word to use--- Logical? I generally have to have a pattern in f
Beverlyanne
Nov 14, 2010 Beverlyanne rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting, 2010
Cute pictures, some cute projects. I am making the Vintage Pixie Cap for the second time because I find this a comfortable, practical, and good fitting hat that covers the ears and won't fall off. My granddaughter's parents like it so much that they were upset when they thought they lost it and asked me to make another. I'm also thinking of trying the mittens. Both of these patterns are super simple and great for beginners. Some of the other patterns: meh.

In general though, I am not a fan of ba
Cassidy
Feb 24, 2014 Cassidy rated it it was amazing
I think there is only one pattern I wouldn't knit in this book. Excellent book for baby and toddler knits!
Polly
Mar 15, 2012 Polly rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, crafts, adult
If I were having a baby, I would totally buy this book. Sadly, the only person I know who's having a baby is in Tennessee, and the need for warm fuzzy baby clothes in a TN April is not going to be great.
Amanda
Jan 11, 2011 Amanda marked it as to-read
Shelves: knitting, took-back
Very cute patterns. Lots more for girls than boys, so I may have to look elsewhere for the perfect pattern for my soon-to-be first nephew.
Deirdre
Mar 08, 2013 Deirdre rated it liked it
reviewed on my knitting blog here: http://wyvernfriendknits.blogspot.ie/...
Jen
Aug 11, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it
Great (adorable) photos. I love the bonnet pattern - have made it a few times for gifts.
T
Nov 20, 2009 T rated it it was amazing
A beautiful knitting book so many patterns that I want to knit. Inspiring and gorgeous photos.
Theresa
Oct 18, 2010 Theresa rated it really liked it
Eventually I will start knitting for the nieces and nephew and this has some super cute projects.
Snarky Mccrazypants
Jul 28, 2015 Snarky Mccrazypants rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Wonderful patterns, easily adaptable to other wools as long as you know what terms mean.
Kelly
Jan 19, 2012 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Lovely, lovely knitting pattern book. On my high-priority wish list!
Meredith
Mar 24, 2010 Meredith added it
Shelves: crafts
Heirloom blanket
Dommdy
Dommdy marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
J
J rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
M
M added it
Apr 12, 2016
Taylor Williams
Taylor Williams marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Lauren Lane
Lauren Lane rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Nett Hulse
Nett Hulse marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Betsy
Betsy rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Carmen Guzman
Carmen Guzman marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Silke
Silke added it
Dec 27, 2015
D VENABLES
D VENABLES rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Shanze
Shanze is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2015
Miss C L Singleton
Miss C L Singleton rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Mireille
Mireille rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2015