Vintage Knits for Modern Babies

Vintage Knits for Modern Babies

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Vintage Knits for Modern Babies presents twenty-five vintage-inspired patterns from the stylish baby knitwear label, Shescraftyknits.com. Owner and designer Hadley Fierlinger shares her lovingly crafted collection of hand-knitted, heirloom-quality garments for infants and toddlers aged six months to three years. From caps, cardigans, and mittens to booties, bonnets, and bl...more
Published October 6th 2009 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about Vintage Knits for Modern Babies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vintage Knits for Modern Babies

Aradia
Wonderful patterns! I was very happy with how simple the patterns read, how quickly the projects knit up and how lovely they look when finished. I have had many compliments on the items I've made so far. My favorite so far is the "Vintage Pixie Cap"-- looks adorable, knits-up in a couple hours and is very functional: covers baby's ears and neck, stays on and doesn't obstruct baby's vision at all.

The patterns are-- what would be the word to use--- Logical? I generally have to have a pattern in f...more
Beverlyanne
Cute pictures, some cute projects. I am making the Vintage Pixie Cap for the second time because I find this a comfortable, practical, and good fitting hat that covers the ears and won't fall off. My granddaughter's parents like it so much that they were upset when they thought they lost it and asked me to make another. I'm also thinking of trying the mittens. Both of these patterns are super simple and great for beginners. Some of the other patterns: meh.

In general though, I am not a fan of ba...more
Cassidy
I think there is only one pattern I wouldn't knit in this book. Excellent book for baby and toddler knits!
Megan
Super cute knits for a variety of ability levels. I was surprised that her pixie cap pattern is even easier than my own. I wonder why everyone thinks you have to use DK or lighter for babies, though. Isn't chunky more in style these days?
Polly
If I were having a baby, I would totally buy this book. Sadly, the only person I know who's having a baby is in Tennessee, and the need for warm fuzzy baby clothes in a TN April is not going to be great.
Amanda
Jan 11, 2011 Amanda marked it as to-read
Shelves: knitting, took-back
Very cute patterns. Lots more for girls than boys, so I may have to look elsewhere for the perfect pattern for my soon-to-be first nephew.
Jen
Great (adorable) photos. I love the bonnet pattern - have made it a few times for gifts.
T
A beautiful knitting book so many patterns that I want to knit. Inspiring and gorgeous photos.
Theresa
Eventually I will start knitting for the nieces and nephew and this has some super cute projects.
Snarky Mccrazypants
Wonderful patterns, easily adaptable to other wools as long as you know what terms mean.
Kelly
Lovely, lovely knitting pattern book. On my high-priority wish list!
Meredith
Mar 24, 2010 Meredith added it
Shelves: crafts
Heirloom blanket
Knapp
Knapp marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Catie
Catie marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014