Start by marking “Angel's Evolution” as Want to Read:
Angel's Evolution

Angel's Evolution

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  590 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
I’m a monster. Or so my father would have me believe. I’m imprisoned in a world I hate and fear. As heir to my father’s title, I’m expected to marry, but my secret desires may keep me from fulfilling those expectations.

One night a stranger kisses me. In his touch, I see the possibility of a life beyond my prison. My name? Just call me Angel and this is my evolution."
ebook, 1st Edition
Published 2007 by Liquid Silver Books

Cut & Run by Madeleine UrbanZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFish & Chips by Madeleine UrbanFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon Suede
The Best of Gay Romance
159th out of 2,563 books — 2,695 voters
The Magpie Lord by K.J. CharlesWiddershins by Jordan L. HawkThe Gentleman and the Rogue by Bonnie DeeDowntime by Tamara AllenBound by Deception by Ava March
Best Gay Historical Romance
54th out of 546 books — 967 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
Feb 12, 2009 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: M/M Erotic Romance readers who love a great storyline and romance
I didn't mean to read this book right now. I bought Angel's Evolution, because I had just read an interview about the author T.A.Chase, and it looked interesting. I was hesitant because it is in first person, and well it's no secret first person is my LEAST favorite way of storytelling, especially in the romance/erotic genre. So, I thought I would sneak a peek at it. Ummm... needless to say, once I started it I couldn't stop reading it. After reading this amazing book, I honestly don't know how ...more
Lindsay
Feb 14, 2009 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK! I thought the love story between Grey and Angel was very well developed and I literally read this in one sitting. Angel works through self-doubt and low self esteem from abuse to a more confident man. I really enjoyed reading this book, it was awesome!
Lillie
Mar 16, 2009 Lillie rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lillie by: Daisiemae
This book made me cry. I loved the romance and love between Angel and Trey. It was so beautifully written! I wish Mr. Chase would revisit them sometime and write more about them. They were wonderful and so deserving of their happy ending.
Rachel
Feb 24, 2009 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Rachel by: Daisiemae and Lindsay
Angel and Grey were perfect for one another. I loved the support and shoulder Grey gave Angel to cry, grow and become the man Angel was meant to be. I loved this book.
Susan
Jan 01, 2016 Susan rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
DNF at 66%

It was not bad.. but I’m just sick of all these mediocre books. I don’t have the patience to even finish this one.

Yes, Angel/Robert was my kind of guy. Shy, abused and being held captive by his father for years. And Greyson was the absolute knight in shining armor who saved this sweet boy. So, I should have loved this!

description

The writing was not too bad either. But still…. I was bored out of my mind….

description

I’m off to find a decent book to read now…
Brenda (b)
Jul 07, 2009 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it
A m/m Regency told in first person and present tense. It had me fascinated and I avidly read as the story unfolded. I loved Angel – he was such a tortured young man and deserved to only have love in his life.
Ravyn
Mar 23, 2010 Ravyn rated it did not like it
Erastes
Jun 11, 2010 Erastes rated it it was ok
I believe that this is the first book of Chase’s that I’ve read, and the author has nothing to prove to me, it’s obvious that she (assumed she) can write. It’s the story of Angel who has been so badly abused by his father that he has no confidence in himself, and considers himself to be unclean – hardly surprising when subjected to such abuse.

The cover is one of the best gay historical covers I’ve seen. We need more like this. Men in period costume. You can’t beat it.

I was pleased that Angel’s E
Elisa Rolle
This is one of the most beautiful romance I have read. Robert is a young nobleman tortured by his father who fear his son and heir being homosexual. But Robert doesn't know nothing about sex and nothing about love. But one night he meet Greyson, a duke who is searching an angel... from that moment his angel is him, and from that moment his name is Angel. In fact, we only know him like Angel, his real name is revealed only at the end when Angel is ready to break free of his cage and declare his l ...more
Leslie Nicoll
Apr 22, 2010 Leslie Nicoll rated it really liked it
Having plowed through two other T.A. Chase books, I almost gave this one a pass, but I am like historicals so I read the sample--and got sucked right in. I read this in 2.5 hours (when I should have been doing other stuff!). It's very romantic--almost a little over-the-top--but story of Angel's salvation and eventual evolution was well told and quite well written.

If I was reviewing this as a pure historical, I'd have to quibble about the use of "ass" (instead of "arse," they were in London, afte
Shira Anthony
Apr 01, 2011 Shira Anthony rated it it was amazing
I love, LOVE angsty romances. And boy oh boy, this just got to me! Definitely my favorite T.A. Chase romance so far. My heart just broke for Angel and Lord Greyson, his beautiful savior.

(view spoiler)
Malachi
Feb 11, 2013 Malachi rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed every word in that book. The best part in the book when Angel faces his father.

“Hit me,” I challenge him. I wave a weak hand towards the priest holding me. “Beat me.” I scrub my hand over the blood on my face and hold it out towards my father. “Spill my blood until it pools beneath me. I’ll never deny my love or my lover.”
Shock pushes through the anger in my father’s eyes. He steps away from my hand.
“I no longer fear you.” I throw back my shoulders and straighten so I’m standing taller
Sadonna
Mar 22, 2015 Sadonna rated it it was ok
First I really am a fan of this author and this is the eighteenth book of hers that I’ve read. Kissed by God is one of my all time favorites. That said, I think I am one of the few people who are not very enamored of the Regency period. This is a historical set in that period.

Angel, our MC, is of the aristocracy, but he has been kept away from society and we learn repeatedly and horribly abused by his father for over a decade. However apparently at 23, he needs to find a wife and has been force
Omega696
I must admit I'm really surprised after confronting this book with many good reviews I'v read. I didn't like it. First of all it was written in first person, which I quite enjoy. It was the present tense of narration I always have problems with. So it immediately took some point from the book. That doesn't mean it couldn't be good. Unfortunately plot didn't help the matter.
I like romance stories with abused characters finding redemption. But I like people to have some personality. Unfortunately
Rania
Aug 20, 2012 Rania rated it it was ok
Love historic m/m. And stories about emotionally tortured heroes who find salvation in a lover. So lots of good elements in this book, but it never quite came together for me.

First person, is hard to nail. Especially in stories with erotic subject matter. I didn't mind it so much in this story- I think the character had a pretty good voice, though it was a little one-note and whiny. The main problem was that I just didnt believe in the central relationship. Actually, everything about the duke wa
Melissa
Oct 20, 2014 Melissa rated it it was ok
I enjoy fairytales, so I really liked the beginning, but unfortunately the rest of this book couldn't capture the energy and realize the potential of the beginning. While I understand the healing process is not quick or easy, I felt that things just dragged along, and I almost couldn't finish it.
Olivia Helling
Guilty pleasure angst read. The point of view is very different - first person, present tense. It strips away the setting for the most part, but it gives the narrative an immediate, personal view of someone who is very much trapped inside of his own mind, within his own hell.
Michi Rosa
Feb 02, 2012 Michi Rosa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
This is beautiful. Heartbreaking.
Angel really believes himself a deviant.

Quote: "He turns and for a moment our eyes meet. I hope he can’t see me because of the
shadows I hide in, but it feels like his brilliant blue gaze burns deep into my soul and
uncovers my secret longings. My prick hardens and I blush. A small smile quirks the
corner of his full lips. He knows. The most popular man in the room knows I want him.
He knows I long for his lips to kiss so much more than my hand. How can he tell? My
cl
Amanda
Aug 13, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
My only wish for this story is that it didn't end. Absolutely loved it.
Table4Five
Nov 29, 2010 Table4Five rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great heartfelt story. I was moved from the beginning with the characters. Angel went through a lot and had a lot to over come. Thankfully the Duke was there for him. I enjoyed the setting and the formality of the book; I easily pictured the Society balls and the outfits they wore. The Duke was a honorable man who stood by who he was. He was the strong character that was there for others to lean on. I definatly recommend this book!
Lou
I'll be honest: I thought this was going to be tosh. Enjoyable hurt/comfort braincandy variety tosh, but tosh nonetheless. In fact, it was a pretty damn good regency romance, and the character of 'Angel' is much stronger than I'd been expecting from the way the book starts. The title doesn't lie though, and we get to see him grow throughout.

Read for the Seasonal Reading Challenge Winter 09/10 task 25.5 (Odd Man Out)
Bb
Nov 17, 2014 Bb rated it really liked it
Probably a 3.5. It is a good historical romance and both characters are interesting and appealing.
Smokinhotbooks K.C.
Apr 17, 2010 Smokinhotbooks K.C. rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Quote: He is Lord Greyson, Duke of Northampton. He's the prize every gold-digging mother and fortune-hunting father seek. to me, he is a god, and as such, as out of reach as God to a fallen angel.

He is perfection. I am a monster.
Sarah  ~Bespokebee~
Jun 13, 2011 Sarah ~Bespokebee~ rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m

While I did enjoy this book but there was just something missing that made this book fall just below the 4 star rating and I can't put my finger on what it was. I may need to continue this review another time.
Camille
May 05, 2011 Camille rated it did not like it
I think I read this book before... yes, this certainly sounds familiar. I believe it was actually a Harry/Draco slash hurt/comfort fanfiction. I think amateur is the best way to sum this up.
Denise
Mar 06, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it
What a heart-wrenching story! A would definitely recommend this. It was so sad in places and so uplifting in other spots. I felt so much for Angel.
Garconi Martinelli
May 17, 2013 Garconi Martinelli rated it liked it
It is a good and quick read. Chase's writing style is a little different than the usual, but I think it adds a slightly varied perspective.
Booklovingirl
Oct 08, 2011 Booklovingirl rated it it was amazing
First person present tense. Takes a few pages to get used to, but wow, what a great read. Lots of emotion, love love love this book
Sylvie
Jul 10, 2012 Sylvie rated it it was amazing
I've just read the new edition (at MLR Press) and it's even better than the first one. Now I want the two other stories in this trilogy...
Sammy Goode
Aug 21, 2012 Sammy Goode rated it liked it
Simply too much worry and fear---a few pages would have been enough but it went on for chapters--and e=never really revealed anything new.
  • Bound to Him (Bound, #2)
  • Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1)
  • Second Sight
  • Beyond the Norm
  • A Gentleman of Substance
  • Seducing Stephen
  • Letting In the Light
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...