Angel's Evolution

Angel's Evolution

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  511 ratings  ·  33 reviews
I’m a monster. Or so my father would have me believe. I’m imprisoned in a world I hate and fear. As heir to my father’s title, I’m expected to marry, but my secret desires may keep me from fulfilling those expectations.

One night a stranger kisses me. In his touch, I see the possibility of a life beyond my prison. My name? Just call me Angel and this is my evolution."
ebook, 1st Edition
Published 2007 by Liquid Silver Books

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonFish & Chips by Abigail Roux
The Best of Gay Romance
122nd out of 1,958 books — 1,917 voters
The Gentleman and the Rogue by Bonnie DeeBound by Deception by Ava MarchWhistling in the Dark by Tamara AllenDowntime by Tamara AllenSnowball in Hell by Josh Lanyon
Best Gay Historical Romance
30th out of 379 books — 628 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
Feb 12, 2009 Daisiemae rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: M/M Erotic Romance readers who love a great storyline and romance
I didn't mean to read this book right now. I bought Angel's Evolution, because I had just read an interview about the author T.A.Chase, and it looked interesting. I was hesitant because it is in first person, and well it's no secret first person is my LEAST favorite way of storytelling, especially in the romance/erotic genre. So, I thought I would sneak a peek at it. Ummm... needless to say, once I started it I couldn't stop reading it. After reading this amazing book, I honestly don't know how...more
Lindsay
I LOVED THIS BOOK! I thought the love story between Grey and Angel was very well developed and I literally read this in one sitting. Angel works through self-doubt and low self esteem from abuse to a more confident man. I really enjoyed reading this book, it was awesome!
Rachel
Feb 24, 2009 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rachel by: Daisiemae and Lindsay
Angel and Grey were perfect for one another. I loved the support and shoulder Grey gave Angel to cry, grow and become the man Angel was meant to be. I loved this book.
Lillie
Mar 16, 2009 Lillie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lillie by: Daisiemae
This book made me cry. I loved the romance and love between Angel and Trey. It was so beautifully written! I wish Mr. Chase would revisit them sometime and write more about them. They were wonderful and so deserving of their happy ending.
Brenda (b)
A m/m Regency told in first person and present tense. It had me fascinated and I avidly read as the story unfolded. I loved Angel – he was such a tortured young man and deserved to only have love in his life.
Ravyn
Erastes
I believe that this is the first book of Chase’s that I’ve read, and the author has nothing to prove to me, it’s obvious that she (assumed she) can write. It’s the story of Angel who has been so badly abused by his father that he has no confidence in himself, and considers himself to be unclean – hardly surprising when subjected to such abuse.

The cover is one of the best gay historical covers I’ve seen. We need more like this. Men in period costume. You can’t beat it.

I was pleased that Angel’s E...more
Elisa Ramblings
This is one of the most beautiful romance I have read. Robert is a young nobleman tortured by his father who fear his son and heir being homosexual. But Robert doesn't know nothing about sex and nothing about love. But one night he meet Greyson, a duke who is searching an angel... from that moment his angel is him, and from that moment his name is Angel. In fact, we only know him like Angel, his real name is revealed only at the end when Angel is ready to break free of his cage and declare his l...more
Leslie Nicoll
Having plowed through two other T.A. Chase books, I almost gave this one a pass, but I am like historicals so I read the sample--and got sucked right in. I read this in 2.5 hours (when I should have been doing other stuff!). It's very romantic--almost a little over-the-top--but story of Angel's salvation and eventual evolution was well told and quite well written.

If I was reviewing this as a pure historical, I'd have to quibble about the use of "ass" (instead of "arse," they were in London, afte...more
Angel
I enjoyed every word in that book. The best part in the book when Angel faces his father.

“Hit me,” I challenge him. I wave a weak hand towards the priest holding me. “Beat me.” I scrub my hand over the blood on my face and hold it out towards my father. “Spill my blood until it pools beneath me. I’ll never deny my love or my lover.”
Shock pushes through the anger in my father’s eyes. He steps away from my hand.
“I no longer fear you.” I throw back my shoulders and straighten so I’m standing taller
Shira Anthony
I love, LOVE angsty romances. And boy oh boy, this just got to me! Definitely my favorite T.A. Chase romance so far. My heart just broke for Angel and Lord Greyson, his beautiful savior.

(view spoiler)...more
Omega696
I must admit I'm really surprised after confronting this book with many good reviews I'v read. I didn't like it. First of all it was written in first person, which I quite enjoy. It was the present tense of narration I always have problems with. So it immediately took some point from the book. That doesn't mean it couldn't be good. Unfortunately plot didn't help the matter.
I like romance stories with abused characters finding redemption. But I like people to have some personality. Unfortunately...more
Rania
Love historic m/m. And stories about emotionally tortured heroes who find salvation in a lover. So lots of good elements in this book, but it never quite came together for me.

First person, is hard to nail. Especially in stories with erotic subject matter. I didn't mind it so much in this story- I think the character had a pretty good voice, though it was a little one-note and whiny. The main problem was that I just didnt believe in the central relationship. Actually, everything about the duke wa...more
Michi Rosa
This is beautiful. Heartbreaking.
Angel really believes himself a deviant.

Quote: "He turns and for a moment our eyes meet. I hope he can’t see me because of the
shadows I hide in, but it feels like his brilliant blue gaze burns deep into my soul and
uncovers my secret longings. My prick hardens and I blush. A small smile quirks the
corner of his full lips. He knows. The most popular man in the room knows I want him.
He knows I long for his lips to kiss so much more than my hand. How can he tell? My
cl...more
Table4Five
I thought this was a great heartfelt story. I was moved from the beginning with the characters. Angel went through a lot and had a lot to over come. Thankfully the Duke was there for him. I enjoyed the setting and the formality of the book; I easily pictured the Society balls and the outfits they wore. The Duke was a honorable man who stood by who he was. He was the strong character that was there for others to lean on. I definatly recommend this book!
Lou
I'll be honest: I thought this was going to be tosh. Enjoyable hurt/comfort braincandy variety tosh, but tosh nonetheless. In fact, it was a pretty damn good regency romance, and the character of 'Angel' is much stronger than I'd been expecting from the way the book starts. The title doesn't lie though, and we get to see him grow throughout.

Read for the Seasonal Reading Challenge Winter 09/10 task 25.5 (Odd Man Out)
Smokinhotbooks K.C.
Quote: He is Lord Greyson, Duke of Northampton. He's the prize every gold-digging mother and fortune-hunting father seek. to me, he is a god, and as such, as out of reach as God to a fallen angel.

He is perfection. I am a monster.
Sarah  ~Bespokebee~

While I did enjoy this book but there was just something missing that made this book fall just below the 4 star rating and I can't put my finger on what it was. I may need to continue this review another time.
Camille
I think I read this book before... yes, this certainly sounds familiar. I believe it was actually a Harry/Draco slash hurt/comfort fanfiction. I think amateur is the best way to sum this up.
Denise
What a heart-wrenching story! A would definitely recommend this. It was so sad in places and so uplifting in other spots. I felt so much for Angel.
Garconi Martinelli
It is a good and quick read. Chase's writing style is a little different than the usual, but I think it adds a slightly varied perspective.
Booklovingirl
First person present tense. Takes a few pages to get used to, but wow, what a great read. Lots of emotion, love love love this book
Sylvie
I've just read the new edition (at MLR Press) and it's even better than the first one. Now I want the two other stories in this trilogy...
Sammy Goode
Simply too much worry and fear---a few pages would have been enough but it went on for chapters--and e=never really revealed anything new.
Damian Serbu
Entertaining read, and I enjoy its setting in the past. Solid tension. Good, too, if you like a bit of erotica in your life!!
Cori
This is by far my favorite book from T.A. Chase - I've read it twice now and it was just as emotional the second time around.
Bookbee
Although I wasn't enamoured of the first person POV, I thoroughly enjoyed this story about Greyson and his Angel.
Blue Bayou .
2.5 stars. It was an ok story. It was definitely Cinderfella. That's ok, just not a great Cinderfella.
Jason Huffman-black
This book was just a bit too full of fainting and crying and running away. Just not my cup of tea.
Lexi Ander
I LOVED THIS BOOK. IT MOVED ME TO TEARS AND I COULDN'T STOP TELLING MY FRIENDS ABOUT IT.
  • Convincing Arthur (Convincing, #1)
  • Second Sight
  • In Bear Country
  • A Gentleman of Substance
  • Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Desire for Dearborne
  • Persistence of Memory
  • Captain's Surrender
  • Left of Centre
  • Bravo!  Brava!
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...
No Going Home (Home, #1) Home of His Own (Home, #2) Out of Bounds (Love of Sports, #1) Tabloid Star (Tabloid Star, #1) Bound by Love (Bound, #1)