Start by marking “Choose Them Wisely: Thoughts Become Things!” as Want to Read:
Choose Them Wisely: Thoughts Become Things!

Choose Them Wisely: Thoughts Become Things!

Living the life of your dreams isn't just about dreaming. It's also about living: following your impulses, turning over every stone, and stepping out into the world so that the wind can catch your sails. To those in the know, it's as if your dreams paint the picture and the Universe stands ready to bring it to life. Choose them Wisely is filled with the same inspirational ...more
Published April 7th 2009 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Choose Them Wisely, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choose Them Wisely

Jane
Mar 29, 2013 Jane rated it it was ok
I chose to read this book to honor the late Deon Kopke. He once recommended the book and because he passed away last month, I decided I must read it now, not later.

An interesting thing happened while reading this book: I felt as though I was getting a glimpse into Deon's mind and even felt at times like I was getting to experience one last conversation with him.

I can see why Deon liked this book, as he was one of the most optimistic and positive people I have ever met. I remember one time his c
Dawn Blair
Sep 07, 2013 Dawn Blair rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that I pick up when I need a "refocusing moment." I randomly flip it open and read where I land. There have been days when I've gone, "Huh? Why is that relevant?" Strangely enough though, by the end of the day, it has become relevant. Other times, it's exactly what I needed to hear. This is definitely one I like to keep close at hand.
Kathryn
Aug 29, 2010 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality, 2010
Mike Dooley just has the happiest positive outlook on life. This book is bright and full of wisdom and the layout is simply beautiful. Here's what it says on page 105

"If you can see a cloud, it can see you.
Same for trees.
And beauty.
Kind of makes you want to get out more, huh?"
Lisa
Nov 20, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I am a proponent of all things Mike Dooley.
Lisa
May 17, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Uplifting!
Andrew
Excerpt: Choose Them Wisely

It's Me! Life! Thoughts are the things that draw life to you. Like a magnet to steel, they're how dreams come true. It's really that easy and a whole lot of fun, just know what you want and imagine it done. Sure, the manifestation part is easy. You already do it, day in and day out. Your dreams have come true. You’re living them right now! The heroes and heroines in your life—they’re pretty much what you thought you’d find, right? And the hills and valleys, the challen
EMP
Feb 04, 2014 EMP rated it it was ok
I was pretty disappointed with this book. Lots of exclamation points and short (half to 2 page) ideas with tons of curlicues and wasted space. And quite a bit of it was boring, IMO. Maybe it's just not what I was expecting. Might be a good book to have on a bedside table if you like reading things in small doses.
Jenny Q
Jun 23, 2011 Jenny Q rated it it was amazing
I love Mike Dooley! This is chock-full of no-nonsense good advice delivered with a dose of humor and a feel-good vibe. I have the audio version, and its short format broken into individual thoughts makes it perfect to listen to whenever I need a pick-me-up!
Hessah Alhashash
Aug 13, 2011 Hessah Alhashash rated it did not like it
اذا كنت متقدم في القراءة و قارئ لديباك تشوبرا و ايكارت فلن يضيف لك هذا الكتاب شيء و لكنه ربما تكون ميزته ان يذكرك ببعض المعلومات
Kelli Schmith
Apr 28, 2011 Kelli Schmith rated it liked it
My 3-star rating is relative to the author's other books. In general, his writing gets all stars from me.
Anita
Mar 07, 2011 Anita is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Mike Dooley uses the smooth ease of poetry and brevity to reinforce the message that thoughts become things. His creative approach to teaching life lessons make this book a good read.
Heather Leipart
Feb 06, 2016 Heather Leipart rated it it was amazing
Inspiring, beautiful, and the substance of which life should be made of. Brought tears to my eyes at times- an instant favorite.
Christie
Christie rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2013
Michael D. Johnson
Michael D. Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2014
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Corby Whitman
Corby Whitman rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2016
Golda David
Golda David rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2017
Sheri Fink
Sheri Fink rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2011
Anita Y Abernathy
Anita Y Abernathy rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014
Frits Goodread
Frits Goodread rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2014
George
George rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2012
Lorie Stegall
Lorie Stegall rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2012
Cristie Li
Cristie Li rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
Joyce
Joyce rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2012
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Kate McPherson
Kate McPherson rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Leah Fontenelle
Leah Fontenelle rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2011
Victoria Farr
Victoria Farr rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2012
Taylor Shawver
Taylor Shawver rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2016
  • Sara, Book 2: Solomon's Fine Featherless Friends
  • Advice to a Young Wife from An Old Mistress
  • Life Interrupted: The Unfinished Monologue
  • Solomon's Angels
  • Spirit Guides & Angel Guardians: Contact Your Invisible Helpers
  • Become Who You Were Born to Be: We All Have a Gift. . . . Have You Discovered Yours?
  • The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet: Smart, Simple, Science-Based Strategies for Losing Weight and Keeping It Off
  • The High-Beta Rich: How the Manic Wealthy Will Take Us to the Next Boom, Bubble, and Bust
  • Fortytude : making the next decades the best years of your life-- through the 40s, 50s, and beyond
  • 100 Bullshit Jobs...And How to Get Them
  • The Ricky Gervais Show - First, Second and Third Seasons
  • My Family Table: A Passionate Plea for Home Cooking
  • A Brief History of the Anglo-Saxons: The Beginnings of the English Nation
  • They Walked with Jesus
  • Little Money Bible: The Ten Laws of Abundance
  • Grilled Cheese Please!: 50 Scrumptiously Cheesy Recipes
  • Girl in the Kitchen: How a Top Chef Cooks, Thinks, Shops, Eats & Drinks
  • Psychic Development for Beginners: An Easy Guide to Releasing and Developing Your Psychic Abilities (For Beginners (Llewellyn's))
Mike Dooley is a former PriceWaterhouseCoopers international tax consultant, turned entrepreneur, who's founded a philosophical Adventurers Club on the Internet that's now home to over 350,000 members from over 189 countries. His inspirational books have been published in 23 languages and he was one of the featured teachers in the international phenomenon, The Secret. Today Mike is perhaps best kn ...more
More about Mike Dooley...

“When desirous of a life change, or any kind of a change, it’s wiser to start from a place of, “I am who I am today, where I am today, because this was my choice and it has served me well. However, it no longer serves me. My choices have changed, and I give thanks for the amazing transformational energies that now sweep through my amazing life.” 1 likes
“A friend is someone whose unspoken approval and appreciation for your company helps you to remember your own grace and beauty.” 1 likes