Start by marking “Sea Of Red Volume 1: No Grave But The Sea (Sea of Red)” as Want to Read:
Sea Of Red Volume 1: No Grave But The Sea (Sea of Red)

Sea Of Red Volume 1: No Grave But The Sea (Sea of Red)

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Since being turned undead by the crew of the cursed Pirate ship, The Black Galleon, Marco Esperanza has spent the past 400 years tied to the bow of a sunken vessel, clinging to life in the dark, briny, deep. His confinement at the bottom of the sea ends when he is discovered by film director Joel Cameron's submarine on a scouting expedition for his next film. Hungry to fil ...more
Published December 26th 2006 by Image Comics (first published October 12th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Sea Of Red Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea Of Red Volume 1

Mike
A compelling read. A character who's been trapped at the bottom of the sea and gets to do something about it? Not a new idea by any means, but a great premise and story so far. As someone else commented, this *does* move along briskly, so there's not much chance for slow build-up of suspense or horror. It's a different style so I'll see what's in store next.

The art style is new to me, and I'm not sure how I like it. It's well-done, but I've been reading so many superhero books lately that it's h
Ondra Král
Slabší průměr, kterej zachraňuje zajímavá kresba. Upírští piráti příliš nezaujali-
Amélie
I was so not expecting this setting, I wanted something totally different. The story arc going so fast, there's no emotion. It`s like we do not get to know the characters enough so we don't care what happen to them. I think Remender tried to go to fast on this one. I will not continue the story.
Jesse
The pacing was quicker than it needed to be (but then this was the start of an Image series so I can understand why) and the dialogue of the lead female character was a bit melodramatic, but the horror concept was interesting and lively.
Brian Dickerson
Picked it this up after seeing it on a Goodreads friend's (Mike) feed. Surprisingly good for not so new subject. I can't wait to pick up the other volumes.
Matt
Solid stuff, but I need to see where it goes from here to really form a solid opinion.
Ehry
Ehry marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Alex Reynolds
Alex Reynolds marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Stefan Fergus
Stefan Fergus marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Jordan Bobo
Jordan Bobo marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Vernesha Jackson
Vernesha Jackson marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rick Remender is an American comic book writer and artist who resides in Portland, Oregon. He is best known for his work on Marvel Comics' Punisher series, Fear Agent and The End League.
More about Rick Remender...
Uncanny X-Force: The Apocalypse Solution Uncanny Avengers, Vol. 1: The Red Shadow Uncanny X-Force: The Dark Angel Saga, Book 1 Uncanny X-Force: Deathlok Nation Uncanny X-Force: The Dark Angel Saga, Book 2