Start by marking “Sea Of Red Volume 1: No Grave But The Sea (Sea of Red)” as Want to Read:
Sea Of Red Volume 1: No Grave But The Sea (Sea of Red)

Sea Of Red Volume 1: No Grave But The Sea (Sea of Red #1)

3.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Since being turned undead by the crew of the cursed Pirate ship, The Black Galleon, Marco Esperanza has spent the past 400 years tied to the bow of a sunken vessel, clinging to life in the dark, briny, deep. His confinement at the bottom of the sea ends when he is discovered by film director Joel Cameron's submarine on a scouting expedition for his next film. Hungry to fil ...more
Published December 26th 2006 by Image Comics (first published October 12th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Sea Of Red Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea Of Red Volume 1

Quentin Wallace
I was thinking a was thinking a comic couldn't get much cooler than pirate vampires, but this wasn't what I was expecting.

It starts out really good, vampire pirates back in the age of piracy. But then the story jumps to modern times and loses something. The story seems a little disjointed, but I think it's slowly coming together. I would have just preferred the story to be set back in the 1600s as it started out rather than jumping to modern times.

The art itself is really cool as it's a sepia to
Mike
Aug 23, 2011 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A compelling read. A character who's been trapped at the bottom of the sea and gets to do something about it? Not a new idea by any means, but a great premise and story so far. As someone else commented, this *does* move along briskly, so there's not much chance for slow build-up of suspense or horror. It's a different style so I'll see what's in store next.

The art style is new to me, and I'm not sure how I like it. It's well-done, but I've been reading so many superhero books lately that it's h
John
Oct 17, 2015 John rated it it was ok
Not really my style and i found the whole "let s make a movie " thing quite ridiculous. I liked that the art was meant to be unconventional but the end result was not that great.
Chelsea
It has a good story line BUT I think my main issue is with the art. It is very muddy and unappealing. I will definitely read the others for the story value.
Ondra Král
Slabší průměr, kterej zachraňuje zajímavá kresba. Upírští piráti příliš nezaujali-
Amélie
Dec 09, 2012 Amélie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was so not expecting this setting, I wanted something totally different. The story arc going so fast, there's no emotion. It`s like we do not get to know the characters enough so we don't care what happen to them. I think Remender tried to go to fast on this one. I will not continue the story. ...more
Jesse
Aug 13, 2016 Jesse rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
The pacing was quicker than it needed to be (but then this was the start of an Image series so I can understand why) and the dialogue of the lead female character was a bit melodramatic, but the horror concept was interesting and lively.
Brian Dickerson
Sep 12, 2011 Brian Dickerson rated it really liked it
Shelves: paperback, image
Picked it this up after seeing it on a Goodreads friend's (Mike) feed. Surprisingly good for not so new subject. I can't wait to pick up the other volumes.
Matt
Aug 11, 2012 Matt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid stuff, but I need to see where it goes from here to really form a solid opinion.
Debra
Nov 10, 2011 Debra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
#
Heather
Heather is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2016
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Danvers
Danvers marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Devin Bruce
Devin Bruce rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2016
Ronald Williams
Ronald Williams rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Chris Goodblood
Chris Goodblood rated it it was ok
May 25, 2016
Ben Johnson
Ben Johnson rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Isaac
Isaac rated it did not like it
Apr 30, 2016
Carlos Castano
Carlos Castano marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Carleigh Anne
Carleigh Anne marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Arcobaleno Novellan
Arcobaleno Novellan rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Steven Matview
Steven Matview rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Tiffany Fox
Tiffany Fox marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Erinn
Erinn rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Rick Remender is an American comic book writer and artist who resides in Portland, Oregon. He is best known for his work on Marvel Comics' Punisher series, Fear Agent and The End League.
More about Rick Remender...

Sea of Red (3 books)