Start by marking “A Taste for Passion (Kendrian Vampires, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Taste for Passion (Kendrian Vampires, #1)

A Taste for Passion (Kendrian Vampires #1)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  485 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
A TASTE FOR PASSION is the the first book in the Kendrian Vampires series.

Rana Sterling finally meets the man of her dreams and boy does he know how to push all the right buttons. Only, Mr. Tall, Dark and Too-Good-to-Be-True turns out to be just that-he's beyond her world.

Lucian Trevane has a duty to fulfill. He's expected to take the role of Vité, leader of all the vampir
Published December 2nd 2011 by Patrice Michelle (first published August 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Taste for Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste for Passion

Angel of Death by Karen DalesVampire Vacation by C.J. EllissonAn Angels Ascent by Christina WorrellThe Hunt by C.J. EllissonChangeling by Karen Dales
Best Vampire Books from "New" Authors
246th out of 822 books — 1,534 voters
Evermore by Lynn ViehlNight Lost by Lynn ViehlI'll Be Slaying You by Cynthia EdenKiss of Steel by Bec McMasterA Taste for Passion by Patrice Michelle
Amazing Vampire Romances
5th out of 23 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

L8blmr
Jun 14, 2008 L8blmr rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People loking for PN romantica "lite" quick-reads
Recommended to L8blmr by: someone's list on Amazon
Hmmm. Read this one while also reading one of Ward's BDB books. Bad decision, as this one suffered greatly by comparison. Ward does the whole vamp world much better; more descriptive, more character depth, and more convincing. The best part WOULD have been the dream sequences where the hero was really "servicing" the heroine in her sleep, but even those scenes paled in comparison to V's and Jane's in the OTHER story I'm reading. Another problem for me - the length; a scant 170 pages in fairly bi ...more
Maria
Apr 08, 2012 Maria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires
(This book has been given to me by the author to review it)

“A Taste For Passion” is the first book in the Kendrian Vampires series by Patrice Michelle and I have to say that it’s a powerful start! Fast-paced and erotic as hell, this book knows how to arouse the senses!

The story is about Rana, a young woman who recently lost her beloved grandfather and Lucian, a vampire who has lost his mate many years ago and now he’s expecting her reincarnation. One day Rana bought a ring which belonged to hi
Debbie I Heart YA Books
Dec 13, 2011 Debbie I Heart YA Books rated it it was amazing
A Taste for Passion is HOT! HOT! HOT! I love the way Patrice Michelle wrote Lucian's character. This man knows what to say to a woman. I kept thinking: why can't men really talk this way? Then I remember, oh yeah, it’s only those sexy, gorgeous vampire guys that can talk heart-swooning romance. But this is why I read books, and author Patrice Michelle is definitely an awesome Romance author. Michelle pulled me into this fantastic vampire world. And I will be reading more about these gorgeous vam ...more
Bitten_by_Books
Dec 04, 2008 Bitten_by_Books rated it liked it
Shelves: rachel
Racked with grief over her grandfathers death, the last thing Rana wants is a relationship. Lucian has been waiting over 70 years for the reincarnation of his last love to be born again. It just so happens that person is Rana...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of Kendrians: A Taste For Passion (Book 1) in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.

Djg
Read in the "Love's First Bite" anthology

A Taste for Passion by Patrice Michelle - 3 Stars
Rana is mourning the death of her beloved grandfather. She finds a ring in an antique store that intrigues her and seems to emit a fragrance only she can smell.
Lucien, a vamipire has pined for his lost fiancé who died 80 years ago, before he could convert her. The ring was designed to find his mate should she ever be reincarnated.
Once Lucien finds Rana he begins to slowly seduce her and she is completely at
Jessica
Jan 06, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it
I really liked this but i just wanted more all around from it
Heroine:I liked her well enough she didnt do any tstl stuff or any other obnoxious things. I wouldve liked to see her be a little less tragic though and a little more tough. Her grief over losing her father was fine and an important plot point but the other stuff that she just did "woe is me" over for half the book got a little old
Hero:he got so close to perfect. But right as i was thinking how he had hit the perfect balance between do
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Mar 25, 2012 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it liked it
Lucian has waited decades for the reincarnation of his beloved Elizabeth to appear. And just when the desolate vampire was about to give up hope, he meets Rana. He is drawn to her right away, but her identity is confirmed as his lost love when she makes a connection to the spelled ring that once belonged to Elizabeth.

Rana is mourning the death of her grandfather and fears at first that her attraction to Lucian is really just a way to fill the emotional void in her life. But every night when she
Kirsten Lenius
Mar 29, 2013 Kirsten Lenius rated it it was ok
I had a difficult time continuing to read this book. I kept getting bored and wandering off.

For some reason, even though the premise would indicate a story that I'd like, the execution fell short. Part of it was due to details that made me stop and blink, jolting me out of involvement in the story.

(view spoiler)
Brenda
May 01, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tamara!
Apr 26, 2014 Tamara! rated it liked it
I liked it, but felt it was lacking somehow. Things were just so rushed. BUT, I did enjoy the idea of the story and the characters all have potential. I'll look into the next book though. Mainly to see how she'll deal with her bookshop now that she's not herself anymore.
Emi Lia
Dec 05, 2012 Emi Lia rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! Great story, kept my full attention at all times. I cound't put it down.
I love how, I wouldn't necessarily say how they meet, but I love how their relationship comes to fruition. I love stories that have the element of magic and mystery of past lives and how two people will eventually find each other if they are destined to be together. I love Rana!! I love her character, her interests everything about her. And Lucien, mmmmmm he is absolutely deliciuos! Love his determination to get
Asra
Mar 03, 2014 Asra rated it it was amazing
It was a great story with enough mystery to keep me engaged. Now I would like to know about the other characters in the book!
Jenae (Jeni)
Aug 16, 2014 Jenae (Jeni) rated it really liked it
This is a pretty good vamp romance, with a little drama thrown in. I will most likely give the rest of the series a shot.
jD
Dec 03, 2012 jD rated it liked it
Shelves: romance_vamps, 2012
This one was frustrating in that it had all the right ingredients but they just weren't arranged in the dish to make it exciting. All three stars are for the erotic elements. Ms. Michelle knows how to deliver a sex scene with a punch. The story potential didn't quite get there for me HOWEVER I plan to read the next one because I think the potential might show up. Ms. Michelle has some skills so I am going to assume there were execution problems in this first book. What can I say, hope floats.

BTW
Jordan Summers
Apr 01, 2013 Jordan Summers rated it really liked it
I read this book a long time ago, when Ellora's Cave published it. I went back to read it again because I'd enjoyed it so much. I love how the hero in this book is such a romantic. He's waiting for the return of his love and is willing to give the heroine time to get to know him. He's lost love once. He has no intention of losing it again. If you like heroes who have no trouble expressing their feelings, then you'll enjoy this book.
Trish Leger
Mar 21, 2013 Trish Leger rated it it was amazing
When Patrice first wrote the story, she had a poll on a website asking what the title should be. I suggested A TASTE FOR PASSION, and it stuck!

Very good, sensual, romance. You will not be dissapointed in Patrice's writing. And keep a lookout for a young, troubled girl named Trish!!

Nov 10, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Omg. If u love Lara Adrian u will love this book. I'm suppose to b working right now but I couldn't put it down. I'v finish this book in 4hours, how crazy is that. It has a fantastic world the book are based in. Hot sex. Awesome HEA. I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT.
Amy Softa
Dec 03, 2012 Amy Softa rated it liked it
Cheap download for the Nook. Not bad, not great, but I wouldn't mind reading more, some of the background characters intrigued me and I would like to learn more about them. Felt a more like an old school romance novel, sweet love story.
April
Apr 03, 2013 April rated it it was amazing
Another new Author I have found and love, after reading A Taste For Passion, I bought A Taste For Revenge and I am almost done and getting ready to go buy Duncan's story A Taste For Control!!!
Trish
Dec 10, 2012 Trish rated it liked it
Sad that Lucian & Rana's story couldnt be the size of a full novel, but Im feeling they will be "dominant" characters in the series.
3.5 stars good quick read.
Diana Lopes
Mar 08, 2013 Diana Lopes rated it liked it
Shelves: must-loves-fangs
Era de fácil lectura y sencillo de seguir la trama, fue agradable para una leer en la noche
Heather
Feb 19, 2013 Heather rated it it was ok
I read the first book in this series several months ago and it was okay. I just couldn't get into this one.
Johanna Schonberger
Feb 15, 2013 Johanna Schonberger rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.

Fast, easy read. Just a little short. Will be reading the next book in the series.
Joshirl
May 08, 2012 Joshirl rated it it was amazing
Awesome. About to read A taste for revenge.
Lori
Dec 29, 2012 Lori rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. Wow.
Neela Ramtahal
Dec 02, 2013 Neela Ramtahal rated it it was amazing
enjoyed this book. it's. a must read :)
maldearie
it was ok.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Muriel
Muriel marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
What's The Name o...: Some paranormal trilogy with a man named Lucian [s] 7 60 Dec 03, 2012 06:45PM
  • The Dark's Mistress (Wicked Games, #3.8)
  • Redeemer of Shadows (Tribes of the Vampire, #1)
  • The Vampire Viscount
  • Daughter of Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • The Vampire Affair (The Vampire Affair, #1)
  • Blind Date with a Vampire
  • Darkest Hours (Darkest, #1)
  • Man of Her Dreams
  • Fated (The Vampire Destiny, #1)
  • Lucien's Delight (Dalakis Passion, #2)
  • Kiss and Tell (Bloodmates, #1)
  • Return to Me
  • Sow (The Druid Series, #4)
  • Vampire Dreams Revamped (Sons of Navarus, #0.5)
  • Kiss Me Forever / Love Me Forever (Forever Vampires #1-2)
  • Nightfall
  • Taken by the Alpha Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #0.5)
  • My Demon's Kiss (Bound in Darkness, #1)
Born and raised in the Southeast, award-winning author Patrice Michelle gave up her financial calculator for a keyboard and never looked back. Thanks to an open-minded family who taught her that life isn't as black and white as we're conditioned to believe, she pens her novels with the belief that various shades of gray are a lot more interesting. She's a natural with a point-and-shoot camera, lik ...more
More about Patrice Michelle...

Kendrian Vampires (3 books)
  • A Taste For Revenge (Kendrian Vampires, #2)
  • A Taste for Control (Kendrian Vampires, #3)