A Taste for Passion (Kendrian Vampires, #1)

A Taste for Passion (Kendrian Vampires #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  390 ratings  ·  28 reviews
A TASTE FOR PASSION is the the first book in the Kendrian Vampires series.

Rana Sterling finally meets the man of her dreams and boy does he know how to push all the right buttons. Only, Mr. Tall, Dark and Too-Good-to-Be-True turns out to be just that-he's beyond her world.

Lucian Trevane has a duty to fulfill. He's expected to take the role of Vité, leader of all the vampir...more
Published December 2nd 2011 by Patrice Michelle (first published August 28th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Taste for Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste for Passion

L8blmr
Jun 14, 2008 L8blmr rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People loking for PN romantica "lite" quick-reads
Recommended to L8blmr by: someone's list on Amazon
Hmmm. Read this one while also reading one of Ward's BDB books. Bad decision, as this one suffered greatly by comparison. Ward does the whole vamp world much better; more descriptive, more character depth, and more convincing. The best part WOULD have been the dream sequences where the hero was really "servicing" the heroine in her sleep, but even those scenes paled in comparison to V's and Jane's in the OTHER story I'm reading. Another problem for me - the length; a scant 170 pages in fairly bi...more
Maria
(This book has been given to me by the author to review it)

“A Taste For Passion” is the first book in the Kendrian Vampires series by Patrice Michelle and I have to say that it’s a powerful start! Fast-paced and erotic as hell, this book knows how to arouse the senses!

The story is about Rana, a young woman who recently lost her beloved grandfather and Lucian, a vampire who has lost his mate many years ago and now he’s expecting her reincarnation. One day Rana bought a ring which belonged to hi...more
Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books
A Taste for Passion is HOT! HOT! HOT! I love the way Patrice Michelle wrote Lucian's character. This man knows what to say to a woman. I kept thinking: why can't men really talk this way? Then I remember, oh yeah, it’s only those sexy, gorgeous vampire guys that can talk heart-swooning romance. But this is why I read books, and author Patrice Michelle is definitely an awesome Romance author. Michelle pulled me into this fantastic vampire world. And I will be reading more about these gorgeous vam...more
Bitten_by_Books
Racked with grief over her grandfathers death, the last thing Rana wants is a relationship. Lucian has been waiting over 70 years for the reincarnation of his last love to be born again. It just so happens that person is Rana...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of Kendrians: A Taste For Passion (Book 1) in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.

Jen (Red Hot Books)
Lucian has waited decades for the reincarnation of his beloved Elizabeth to appear. And just when the desolate vampire was about to give up hope, he meets Rana. He is drawn to her right away, but her identity is confirmed as his lost love when she makes a connection to the spelled ring that once belonged to Elizabeth.

Rana is mourning the death of her grandfather and fears at first that her attraction to Lucian is really just a way to fill the emotional void in her life. But every night when she...more
Kirsten Lenius
I had a difficult time continuing to read this book. I kept getting bored and wandering off.

For some reason, even though the premise would indicate a story that I'd like, the execution fell short. Part of it was due to details that made me stop and blink, jolting me out of involvement in the story.

(view spoiler)...more
Brenda
Tamara!
I liked it, but felt it was lacking somehow. Things were just so rushed. BUT, I did enjoy the idea of the story and the characters all have potential. I'll look into the next book though. Mainly to see how she'll deal with her bookshop now that she's not herself anymore.
Emi Lia
Loved it!! Great story, kept my full attention at all times. I cound't put it down.
I love how, I wouldn't necessarily say how they meet, but I love how their relationship comes to fruition. I love stories that have the element of magic and mystery of past lives and how two people will eventually find each other if they are destined to be together. I love Rana!! I love her character, her interests everything about her. And Lucien, mmmmmm he is absolutely deliciuos! Love his determination to get...more
Asra
It was a great story with enough mystery to keep me engaged. Now I would like to know about the other characters in the book!
Jenae (Jeni)
This is a pretty good vamp romance, with a little drama thrown in. I will most likely give the rest of the series a shot.
jD
This one was frustrating in that it had all the right ingredients but they just weren't arranged in the dish to make it exciting. All three stars are for the erotic elements. Ms. Michelle knows how to deliver a sex scene with a punch. The story potential didn't quite get there for me HOWEVER I plan to read the next one because I think the potential might show up. Ms. Michelle has some skills so I am going to assume there were execution problems in this first book. What can I say, hope floats.

BTW...more
Jordan Summers
I read this book a long time ago, when Ellora's Cave published it. I went back to read it again because I'd enjoyed it so much. I love how the hero in this book is such a romantic. He's waiting for the return of his love and is willing to give the heroine time to get to know him. He's lost love once. He has no intention of losing it again. If you like heroes who have no trouble expressing their feelings, then you'll enjoy this book.
Trish Leger
When Patrice first wrote the story, she had a poll on a website asking what the title should be. I suggested A TASTE FOR PASSION, and it stuck!

Very good, sensual, romance. You will not be dissapointed in Patrice's writing. And keep a lookout for a young, troubled girl named Trish!!

Zafia
I loved the book. I enjoyed Lucian and Rana's chemistry - very hot. And Lucian really was smoking hot. The bedroom scenes was perfect and their mental abilities just plain spiffy. I can't wait to see what happens next. I would like a book with the twin vamps.
Omg. If u love Lara Adrian u will love this book. I'm suppose to b working right now but I couldn't put it down. I'v finish this book in 4hours, how crazy is that. It has a fantastic world the book are based in. Hot sex. Awesome HEA. I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT.
Amy Softa
Cheap download for the Nook. Not bad, not great, but I wouldn't mind reading more, some of the background characters intrigued me and I would like to learn more about them. Felt a more like an old school romance novel, sweet love story.
April
Another new Author I have found and love, after reading A Taste For Passion, I bought A Taste For Revenge and I am almost done and getting ready to go buy Duncan's story A Taste For Control!!!
Trish
Sad that Lucian & Rana's story couldnt be the size of a full novel, but Im feeling they will be "dominant" characters in the series.
3.5 stars good quick read.
Diana Lopes
Era de fácil lectura y sencillo de seguir la trama, fue agradable para una leer en la noche
Heather
I read the first book in this series several months ago and it was okay. I just couldn't get into this one.
Johanna Schonberger
3.5 Stars.

Fast, easy read. Just a little short. Will be reading the next book in the series.
Joshirl Rayford
Awesome. About to read A taste for revenge.
Lori
I could not put this book down. Wow.
Neela Ramtahal
enjoyed this book. it's. a must read :)
Nita Rivera
Muy rápido, muy ligero.
Wendy
it was ok.
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
What's The Name o...: Some paranormal trilogy with a man named Lucian [s] 7 58 Dec 03, 2012 06:45PM
  • Redeemer of Shadows(Tribes of the Vampire #1)
  • The Vampire Affair (The Vampire Affair, #1)
  • The Vampire Viscount (Signet Regency Romance)
  • Caressed by Night (Rulers of Darkness, #2)
  • Blind Date with a Vampire
  • Fated (The Vampire Destiny, #1)
  • Loup Garou
  • In Her Blood (Lunewulf, #2)
  • Nightfall
  • The Druid Series 4: Sow
  • Venice Vampyr: Sensual Danger (Venice Vampyr, #4)
  • Love's First Bite Boxed Set (6 vampire romances)
  • Kiss Me Forever / Love Me Forever (Forever Vampires #1-2)
  • Kiss and Tell (Bloodmates, #1)
  • Midnight Conquest (Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Honeymoon Bite (Golden Vampires of Tuscany, #1)
  • My Demon's Kiss (Bound in Darkness, #1)
  • Blood Lust (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #1)
Born and raised in the Southeast, award-winning author Patrice Michelle gave up her financial calculator for a keyboard and never looked back. Thanks to an open-minded family who taught her that life isn't as black and white as we're conditioned to believe, she pens her novels with the belief that various shades of gray are a lot more interesting. She's a natural with a point-and-shoot camera, lik...more
More about Patrice Michelle...
Harm's Hunger (Bad in Boots, #1) Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3) Scions: Resurrection (Scions #1) A Taste For Revenge (Kendrian Vampires, #2) Ty's Temptation (Bad in Boots, #2)