Start by marking “Asterix , Bd. 11, Asterix u Obelix uf Irrwäge (schweizerdeutsche Ausgabe - Asterix redt Schwyzerdütsch, Nr 2)” as Want to Read:

Asterix , Bd. 11, Asterix u Obelix uf Irrwäge (Asterix #26)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  3,324 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Without the powerful potion whipped up by the Druid Getafix, Asterix and his fellow Gaulish villagers would never have the strength to fight Caesar's legions.

Now Getafix has run short of rock oil—an essential ingredient in the concoction—and the merchant who sells it has forgotten his order. There's nothing left to do but have Asterix and Obelix prospect for black gold in

Hardcover
Published October 1st 1997 by Egmont Ehapa (first published January 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Asterix , Bd. 11, Asterix u Obelix uf Irrwäge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asterix , Bd. 11, Asterix u Obelix uf Irrwäge

Frahorus
Dopo Asterix e il grande fossato, Uderzo, rimasto solo, ha scritto e disegnato anche l'odissea di Asterix rendendo omaggio al suo caro collega e amico Goscinny scomparso (ritratto nelle sembianze di Saul Dané, il commesso di un mercante della Città Santa che conduce i Galli fino alle porte del deserto che porta in Mesopotamia) infatti i nostri irriducibili galli si sposteranno fino alla lontana Mesopotamia per recuperare l'olio di roccia, il petrolio, necessario per la preparazione della mitica ...more
Mathieu
Un peu monotone... Le passage dans le désert est le seul un peu distrayant, lorsque Astérix et Obélix croise successivement un florilège de peuples moyen - orientaux en guerre les uns avec les autres.

Le reste de l'aventure est à peine égayé par la présence d'un Zérozérosix parodiant (vite fait) James Bond.
Yves
Je n'ai pas détesté cette aventure d'Astérix. C'est certain qu'à la longue, les calembours m'énervaient. L'idée de la mouche était mauvaise et ne m'a pas du tout fait rire. Le clin d'oeil à Sean Connery était correct. Sinon en général, j'ai trouvé cette BD quand même pas si mal.
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Jerome
Asterix and Obelix travel to Judea to find oil, which is somehow one of the vital ingredients of the Gaul's magic potion. At the same time, the Romans send one of their agents (a clear parody of the Sean Connery version of James Bond) to infiltrate their mission. The book has many references to biblical-era Palestine (resting in Bethlehem, the hand-washing of the Roman prefect, etc.) We also see the return of Ekonomikrisis, and a hilarious parody of the conflict between the Akkadians, Hittites, ...more
Fractalhead
Kisah perjalaan Asterix dan Obelix (plus Idefix) ke Timur Tengah mencari minyak sebagai bahan penting bagi ramuan ajaib Panoramix. Bagian terlucu saat Obelix menjelaskan soal babi celeng pada orang yahudi yang menganggapnya tidak kosher.
Heather
If I made the kids map this out...maybe I could count it as geography!

Another library sale find. My oldest had read a few from the library, which apparently they don't carry anymore so we bought it to preserve for (our) future generations. After he read it he INSISTED that I read it and placed it in front of me all day, for two days. I finally caved and read it. It was funny. There are some great plays on words that most kids won't get, for example, the trader's name is Economikrisis, but I sure
Vicente L Ruiz
Possibly the beginning of the decline. I recall The Great Divide as being fun and having some of the depth Goscinny gave to Asterix's adventures, but Black Gold starts showing how sorely missed he was.
Steef
Of all Uderzo's solo editions, I consider this to be the 'best of the worst'. It's not up to par with Goscinny's work, but it's getting close. Decent plot, but the ending's a bit weak.
Saint No Stopping Us

Five out of ten. CBR format.

When Getafix runs out of rock oil, essential for magic potion, Asterix and Obelix go prospecting for black gold in the Middle Eastern desert.

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA
Pas ſi bien que les hiſtoires de Goſcinny ou le dernier volume (en 2015 mars, c’était «chez les Pictes») lequel n’était que superviſionné par Uderzo), mais encore drôle. ...more
Denim Datta
26th book of Asterix Obelix series.

Secret Service Agency M.I.VI (MI6) and agent Dubbelosix (006), and the bug (first use of bug by secret service)... really Funny story.
John Li
A very enjoyable graphic novel with a funny ending.
Matthew Hunter
I've gotten so accustomed to ripping these Goscinny-less attempts by Uderzo that this one took me a little by surprise. It's better. The bit on warring in the Middle East between Medes, Akkadians, Assyrians, and Hittites is well done. I chortled. Wordplays continue to fall flat. The idea of finding alternative ingredients - beet juice - to replace volatile, dirty, and hard to find petroleum in the making of the secret potion made me happy. Overall, a good read. Still falls short of most Goscinny ...more
Bruce
Asterix the Black Gold – A&O nearly die of exposure in the Arabian desert trying to obtain some “rock oil” for Getafix; prompting modern readers to ask, what good is this petra oleum, anyway?
Karhum Ghassan
I literally thought black gold was black gold haha sad it was oil I will never drink magic potion with oil because if i eat hot boar after I I would burn inside out inside By the way oil is .......... Oil which is urghhhhh no Odense oil but at the end I bet or should i say in no doubt Asterix was outraged
Jacques le fataliste et son maître
Deboluccio. Ed è un peccato perché il personaggio dell’agente segreto Zerezeroseix (con la sua mosca) è notevole. Da antologia gli incontri nel deserto con i soldati accadi, ittiti ecc. che si sono persi… Ma, per l’appunto, da antologia (con la storia c’entrano poco).
Verity
Another fav Asterix adventure, in Mesopotamia. The cover says it all. The poor camel is dismayed (oh no... him again ?!?), overworked & too exhausted to carry obese Obelix, so the camel rides on Obelix's back for a change. Classic.
Devero
Una gran bella storia, divertente al punto giusto, ben equilibrata, e con la gag del deserto sovraffollato che ho sempre trovato geniale. Per tacere del finale, col druido Panoramix che se ne esce con quella scusa...
Farina♥Moon♥Eclipse
I've read this series of Asterix (and Obelisk) in the 90's at my Grandmother and Grandfather's place. I loved this series back there. Asterix and his friend Obelisk shared so many great adventures together!
Chris The Story Reading Ape
That doubleosix would give Bond & Rowan Atkinson's Johnny English a run for their money, but Asterix and Obelix sort things out, in their own quiet, descrete way....
Suchitra
a joyful read.....
the gauls are such endearing characters.....
i am reading these again after a long time....not disappointed at all!
Christine
Many of these were read and bought while overseas in 1998 & 1999. I'm not even sure which ones I read when, but I did my best guessing!
Bubba
As always, good puns. Funny stuff about the contentious ethnic mish mash of the Middle East and oil.
Derek Baldwin
The usual array of silly names, slapstick and ultraviolence.
Jessica J.
I love Asterix. I think its one of the best comics ever! ...more
Catherine
À lire pour le clin d'oeil à James Bond.
Mike Aragona

Les 12 travaux d'Ast
  • The Mansions of the Gods (Asterix, #17)
Albert Uderzo is an illustrator best known for his collaborations with René Goscinny on series such as Asterix.
More about Albert Uderzo...

Asterix (1 - 10 of 35 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Asterix, #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix and the Big Fight (Asterix, #7)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)
Asterix and the Great Divide (Asterix #25) Asterix and Son (Asterix #27) Asterix and the Magic Carpet (Asterix #28) Asterix and the Secret Weapon (Asterix #29) Asterix and Obelix All at Sea (Asterix #30)