Start by marking “The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers, #3)

The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers #3)

The fearless warrior has finally met his match . . .

When Alyce Bunnock's father tried to marry her off, she fled, taking shelter at Everagis Abbey, donning a nun's habit, and renaming herself Sister Terese. But when Lachlan Sinclare arrives to restore her to her family, the safety of the convent is shattered. At the sight of the handsome Highlander, Alyce fears for her fre
Published April 28th 2009 by Avon (first published April 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Angel and the Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Angel and the Highlander

Angelc
Mar 15, 2009 Angelc rated it really liked it
Awww!! This was such a sweet story!! The whole book just left me with a warm and fuzzy feeling!

Lachlan Sinclare is sent to bring home the wayward daughter of the leader of a neighboring clan. She was supposed to be staying with a convent of nuns in the woods, but upon reaching the convent, Lachlan discovers that Alyce Bunnock has died of an illness along with many of the other nuns. The few nuns that remain seem more fierce and independent than any nuns the warriors have ever known, especially t
Bwmurf
Feb 05, 2017 Bwmurf rated it liked it
This one was ok but heroine annoyed me and it seemed she was the alpha male in the relationship.
MelissaB
It was an okay story but the heroine was too bitchy and bossy and the hero was too beta.
Anne
Aug 01, 2010 Anne rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adults
It would have to be poorly written for me not to enjoy a book which takes place in Historical scotland, one of my favorite historical novel places. This is a fast read about a woman who enters a convent to avoid marrying the choice her father has for her. She and the nuns travel to their convent where an illness devistates the sisters, and Teresa finds other woman who have had bad experiences and they go to theland the church had and set up a sisterhood. Then the band of Highlanders come, sent b ...more
❤️☘♡Dinna Ken♡☘❤️
Feb 03, 2011 ❤️☘♡Dinna Ken♡☘❤️ rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-copy
Still Cavan's story was the best so far.. but I so very much enjoyed this one.. especially at the beginning when he thought that she was a nun *snickers* Loved most of all her strong personality.. though at times I wanted to throttle her, she was a type of heroine to behold :)

Beautiful, enjoyable read!! Can't wait to read Ronan's book!!
Amanda
Jun 23, 2014 Amanda rated it it was ok
2.5 - better than Under the Highlander's Spell, and probably a bit better than Return of the Rogue, but again the voice of the book felt clunky or somehow impersonal. I can't quite put my finger on it, but all three books have seemed overly formal somehow. This, however, has been my favourite book so far.

I like Lachlan the most of all the brothers, so far, and I like Alyce the most of the all the women so far. The first half in the book was, in my opinion, better than the second... while they w
Bunga
Jul 06, 2013 Bunga rated it really liked it
Di sini menceritakan tentang Lachlan yang diutus ke sebuah biara untuk menjemput putri dari laird. Alih-alih dia malah menemukan sebuah biara yang hampir kosong karena hampir seluruh suster penghuninya meninggal karena wabah penyakit (termasuk gadis yang akan dijemput Lachlan) dan hanya menyisakan 5 orang suster cantik jelita yang diketuai oleh Suster Theresse. Singkat cerita Lachlan jatuh cinta dengan suster Theresse meski dia tahu itu cinta yang terlarang. Lachlan tidak tahu kalau suster-suste ...more
Lori McD
This is the 3rd book in the Sinclare Brothers series - this one is about Lachlan, the charmer and lady-killer of the bunch. And this is probably the most aggravating of the series! Don't get me wrong, I love Lachlan, and I couldn't wait to see him fall in love. But once again, the author ruins the story and does a disservice to the characters she's so lovingly built by giving them modern attitudes and vernacular.

The Sinclares are still in search of the youngest brother, Ronan, who was captured b
Lee
Mar 12, 2012 Lee rated it liked it
Shelves: highland-romance
"You have no choice in love. It comes when you least expected!"

I am somewhat content and somewhat disappointed. For some reasons, there is always something wrong with this Sinclare Brother series. I thought, I found Cavan too obsess with finding Ronan at the beginning and felt a tug of disappointment for him not paying "trying" to work it out with Honora. But he quickly lifted my spirits and brought the book at 5STARS for me.

And then there was Artiar. I love him and then was Zia who has too muc
Elis Madison
Lachlan Sinclare grumbles when he's ordered to go fetch the daughter of the laird of an allied clan so her father can marry her off. The daughter in question was a willful shrew who made her father's life so miserable he sent her to a convent.

Alyce Bunnock is not about to be fetched. In fact, she's faked her own death, and when Lachlan and his troop arrive, she's posing as a nun, Terese. She and her ragtag band of friends, all women who were sheltered by the convent before the nuns all died, ha
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Jul 20, 2012 Rebecca (everyday reader) rated it it was amazing
Alyce faked her death when she ran away from home because of her over-bearing father who wanted to choose her life for her and to crush the strong-willed, independent woman she had become. Lachlan is sent to find Alyce for her father at the convent she ran away to, and falls in love with her in the guise of Sister Terese. She keeps her identity secret from Lachlan and all the highland warriors with him until he returns home, finds out for himself, bargains with her father for her hand, and goes ...more
Barbara ★
Lachlan Sinclare takes on the task of retrieving Alyce Bunnock from a convent just in time for her father to marry her off to a stranger. But upon arrival, he quickly learns that Alyce has died. However he (and his men) are reluctant to leave a handful of nuns alone in such a dangerous area so they dig in to help and protect. Thus ensues some cloak and dagger antics as the women are hiding a few huge secrets from their protectors.

A lively romantic tale that keeps the men guessing and the ladies
Arafey
May 08, 2014 Arafey rated it liked it
Since I already done with Forbidden Bride too, let me say that I actually disappoint with this book.
I love Lachlan like he is charming and kind and funny (especially when he has debate with himself) but I dunno why I think they wouldn't make it...Alyce and Lachlan...This will be the first I think Donna Fletcher make her heroine too stubborn. And I for some odd reason really hate stubborn heroine. We can say Zia is also stubborn but she learn...while Alyce..its just she didn't want to learn or l
Jeene Hobbs
I picked this up at my library's 25 cent rack. It's the first Scottish romance I have read in my recent spate of romances also set much earlier. I enjoyed it very much. The conversations between the 3 brothers about their wives and their lives was laugh out loud funny. Good thing I was home alone or I would have had to explain to my family why I was laughing so hard. Now I shall have to find the previous two books in the series.
Brittany
Apr 22, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highlander
I have really mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand, Alyce was just sooo stubborn and just would not trust Lachlan. I ended up crying and laughing with this book but I am torn. I loved the story it just tugs at your heart strings but I could have done without the tears!! lol another great addition to the Sinclair brothers story. Looking forward to finally seeing Rohan! I hope it will not disappoint.
Cherie
Oct 16, 2012 Cherie rated it liked it
Shelves: highlander
Alyse/Terese is a warrior heroine just like the two ladies who's stories have gone before her. I thought she was perfect for Lachlan who is, and considers himself, a ladie's man. He has been the one to give advice to his two older brothers as far as women are concerned, but Alyce/Terese has him dizzy. This makes the story much more interesting.

In the background is the continuing story of the search for the youngest brother Rogan whose story is next.
Gina
Dec 28, 2014 Gina rated it it was ok
The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers #3) by Donna Fletcher

This is my first book by Fletcher and it was pretty good, maybe a 2.5 stars. It has strong women characters and strong (idiot) male characters. (grin) Key, they are medieval highlanders after all.

The story started out strong, got a little weak and wobbly toward the middle and end but ended okay.

A decent afternoon read, I'd read another by Fletcher. Her writing seems strong and interesting enough to try another.
Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
I always love Lachlan but Alyce make it too difficult for me to accept her characters.

The storyline was good. It's simple, predictable and easy to follow. This was entertaining enough, but definitely not Flecther's best.
Audra
Feb 26, 2013 Audra rated it really liked it
A good read. My only problem was that he married her by poxy and didn't let her have a say, but of course later on her fixed that.
Amana
Nov 06, 2014 Amana rated it it was ok
Wasn't a fan of this book. I found Alyce's character very annoying. She was a bit too stubborn and bossy and snapped quite a lot. I did like Lachlan, he was gentle and patient with her.
Victoria
Jun 06, 2015 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Fins
Jan 28, 2014 Fins rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I love the author but this wasn't my favorite of her books.
Oct 19, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Cute story!! I really like independent heroines. And this book did not disappoint with that.
LInda L
May 06, 2009 LInda L rated it liked it
Not one of my Scottish favorites -- kind of silly, but still -- it IS a Scottish romance/mystery.
Macaron
There is no angel in this story. The heroine wants to be the hero. She does everything better than everyone. And really, sometimes it is totally ridiculous.
Alicia
Jul 04, 2010 Alicia rated it it was ok
It was ok. Not as intense as I was expecting. To me the emotions were muted. I expected a lot of passion mixed with a lot of drama but I didn't get that.
Vanessa
Oct 05, 2013 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Really liked this book. Heroine was great, and loved the hero. The story was great and had me hooked.
Tracy's Place
Jun 09, 2009 Tracy's Place rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5
Tiffany Gonzalez
Tiffany Gonzalez rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
A. Mignott
A. Mignott rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2013
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6)
  • The Highlander's Stolen Bride
  • The Highlander (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #3)
  • Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #2)
  • When the Laird Returns (The Highland Lords, #2)
  • My Wicked Highlander (MacDonell Brides, #1)
  • Warrior of the Highlands (Highlands, #3)
  • The Highlander's Sword (Highlander #1)
  • Highland Groom (Murray Family, #8 & MacEnroy, #2)
  • Highland Outlaw (Campbell Trilogy, #2)
  • The Scotsman
  • The Legend (Torridon, #1)

Sinclare Brothers (4 books)
  • Return of the Rogue (Sinclare Brothers, #1)
  • Under the Highlander's Spell (Sinclare Brothers, #2)
  • The Highlander's Forbidden Bride (Sinclare Brothers, #4)