All of Baby, Nose to Toes

All of Baby, Nose to Toes

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  351 ratings  ·  77 reviews
From eyes to ears, tummy to nose, legs to toes, there's a lot for baby to discover - and even more for a family to love. Bright, buoyant art and a roly-poly little baby are sure to inspire plenty of giggling and grabbing and feet-in-the-air-ing. For every baby - and every parent who loves that baby to bits - here's the perfect first book.
Published June 11th 2009 by Dial

Fetch by Adam Glendon SidwellTurtle Wish by Murielle CyrChicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.Silly Sally by Audrey WoodBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Toddlers Ages 1-3
41st out of 141 books — 46 voters
The Seven Natural Wonders Of The EARTH (My First Travel Books by Anna OthitisThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleSeven Wonders Of The WORLD by Anna OthitisMy First Fun Golf Steps by Anna OthitisA Pet Banana by Othen Donald Dale Cummings
Best Toddler Books
128th out of 261 books — 248 voters

More lists with this book...

Sessy
The author uses lyrical text to describe various body parts. The book shows different family members loving the baby. There is also the phrase, "Me! I do." for audience participation.
Dawn
All of Baby Nose to Toes by Victoria Adler is a picture book to share with readers under two years. The bright colorful soft illustrations extend and fill the edges of each page making this work easy to engage children with. This text creatively goes over each part of the body in a fun way small children can relate to. The body parts covered in this book are eyes, ears, nose, tummy, legs, and baby toes. Through fun playful images we see the little baby exploring different parts of the body with...more
This is one of my favorite books to use for baby storytime. I can actually see myself memorizing this text when I get around to having kids to use for a rhyme/playtime.

Things that are great:
The text - The rhythm and rhyme (both internal and line enders) are spot on, mimicking the typical babyese kind of talk without being overly cutesy. It's a joy to read out loud. There's also lots of opportunity for interaction (peeka-boo, drumming on a tummy/raspberries, dancing, toe-nibbling) which is one...more
Erin
This is a very cute book about Baby and all her adorable baby parts - nose to toes, as the title says. I read it tonight with my 2-year-old daughter, who was captivated by the cheerful illustrations. She's very into Dr. Seuss rhyming books right now, which is partially why I picked this book up at the library. It has some very clever rhymes, and a repetition that made it easy for my daughter to anticipate what came next.

I was a little concerned that it might be too young for her (she's been over...more
Robert Beveridge
Victoria Adler, All of Baby Nose to Toes (Dial Books, 2009)

Victoria Adler is another author (viz. David Milgrim above) who got her book put on hold at the library because one of hers (Baby, Come Away) is in heavy rotation at Goat Central storytime. All of Baby Nose to Toes isn't the world's most original book, but Adler seems to be on more solid ground than she was when trying to think way outside the box in Baby, Come Away. I actually liked this one a little bit more, though honestly it's like...more
Melanie
I like this one. It teaches little babies all the body parts and is pretty cute at the same time. There are a few places where the rhyming gets a little bit off... but I still really like it and think it makes a good gift for smaller babies. (my 18 month old likes this one a lot)
Amy Musser
This bright and cheerful rhyming book celebrates Baby, from her bright little eyes down to her ten teeny-tiny toes. Each 2 page spread introduces a new body part, sings the praises of Baby’s “caper and prance legs” and “round as pies eyes,” and then asks a question, “Who loves baby’s eyes?” By the end of the book, everyone agrees that this sweet baby is, “Good enough to eat baby. Sweep me off my feet baby.”

The rhythm of this joyful book will keep youngsters entertained. The pages are filled to t...more
Rosa Cline
Apr 21, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rosa by: Dolly Parton Imagination Library
This is a good book to help teach toddlers about their body parts and how much we love them. It's a little more than just a word or two on each page so that was nice it is an actual story book but it's simple and basic for a toddler to enjoy.
Tawnya Roy
I loved this book and enjoy reading it to my son. He especially likes the feet page and laughs when I read certain sections to him. The illustrations are soft and quiet (hope that makes sense), perfect for a bedtime book.
Linda Starr
I liked the different writing pattern and the idea of loving all parts of baby. I didn't like that it would make up words though to describe baby and the illustrations looked a little weird to me.
Jocelyn
Baby E LOVES the library copy that we checked out. She lights up with delight when I turn the pages.
Jayna
Storytime themes: Body parts, moms, rhyming
Anne
First of all, the artwork is adorable. But I have 2 major complaints with this book:
1) It is too long. It should have been edited down and published as a board book, which would probably have eliminated my 2nd complaint, which is:
2)The made up words!!! ACK. I really don't care for trying to make a rhyme scan by just adding a "y" to words. NOOOOOO.

My daughter recieved this book for free from the Imagination Library program, for which all children under 5 in our county are eligible.
Mckinley
Nicely done. Fun.
Larissa Langsather
My toddler loved this book. It really helps you love your body and help with naming body parts.
Gwen the Librarian
Perfect rhymes, perfect illustrations; this is the perfect book for your little one. It would make a perfect board book, but most rarely come in that format first, so I'll cut them some slack here. Let me just quote the first pages:
Baby's got eyes,
bright little eyes.
Round as pies eyes.
Just the right size eyes.
Like an owl-wise eyes. Peeka-peeka-boo.
Who loves baby's eyes?
Me! I do.

And so it goes from head to toe, naming baby's parts.
Beth Chandler
Adorable "baby's body" book. The rhymes are catchy and bouncy (the author, a new mom, came up with them while working out and it shows). Illustrations are cute without being treacly.

A great 1-year-old lapsit book and a great way to learn rhymes, activities and body parts. A little small and long for infant/toddler storytimes, but one could read a section to a small group and then let caregivers take copies home to finish.
Angie
The artwork is precious. The idea is precious. But I wonder ... a book that is so baby centered ... maybe it's just me but I see it getting ripped up pretty quickly. Maybe adapting it to a board book?

But a definite cute choice for a gift upon hearing of someone who is going to have a baby. I can see an expectant mother turning the pages and thinking of the day when the little one finally appears.
Heather
If it were only me, I'd give it four stars, but I'm giving it five stars because baby loved it SO MUCH. Even when she was wailing, she would quiet down a bit to listen to it. I think she likes the rhyme and rhythm of the words, it's a book that lends itself well to being interactive (touching baby's ears when the word comes up and so on), and the illustrations are darling.
Brandi
Cute. Rhyming.
Alyssa
I really love a children's book that is illustrated well. It captures the attantion of the little one you are reading it to and keeps it there on a journey. This book can definatley do that for the little ones (and me :o).
A sweet way to learn general body parts and feel loved. Very easy to replicate in real life as you go thru the book. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
Asho
We loved this book! What a great library find. The rhythm is catchy, and it has tons of opportunity for interaction. I get down on the floor and read this one to my 8 month-old, complete with drumming on his belly, squeezing his chubby little legs, kissing his toes...it's so much fun. He belly laughs while we read it. I think we'll have to buy a copy of this one.
Endya Melvin
This an adorable little picture about the different parts of a baby’s body. Throughout the book the author talks about the baby’s ears, nose, eyes, and other body parts describing each one. I would use this book to student’s different rhyming words, as well as adjectives. Adjectives are used throughout the book to describes the different body parts.
Jess Brown
Adorable illustrations accompany this book that literally covers all of baby, nose to toes. I like the interactive nature of it (that a mom could read it while tickling and touching each part of her child), but it might be a bit long for true babies (though there's nothing wrong with just reading parts of it at a time), it's great for toddlers.
Laudys
While I don't really recommend gobbling up children, this looks like a cute routine to try with your baby/child while you dress or undress them. That way they become familiar with their body parts.

Also, how delightful are those illustrations? They feel sunny and bright.

I wasn't too sure about some of the "rhymes" though.
Sandy Champagne
My son LOVES when we read this book. We received it as part of the Dolly Parton Imagination Library about a week ago and every night, without fail, my son (who is 1 1/2) wants to read it. I love the illustrations, the rhythm, and the interaction the narrative facilitates. Truly a MUST HAVE for parents of babies and toddlers.
Amanda
This had too much text until just recently, though I loved it from the start. Now Elinor is fascinated by the pictures and the details, and I think she likes when I squeeze her as the chorus ends. Fun rhymes, if a few of them are off metrically and drive me bonkers, and I find myself repeating it to her throughout the day.
Little John
Adored this book! It's a series of fun rhymes about baby body parts with super adorable illustrations. When we read this book with LittleJohn we usually take turns saying "Me! I do!" and kissing or tickling the part being rhymed about. LittleJohn loves that part. When he asks for this story, he calls it "Do!"
Jonasanddelice
Oh my goodness. I am in love with this book! I think I have it memorized. It's a sweet poetic book about how each member in the family loves baby, including big brother and grandma and grandpa AND dog. :) The illustrations are watercolor--my favorite!! <3
Mary
This is a great book for very young children because it has an interactivity component. The reader can indicate the body parts described on the child as they are reading it, and can help associate words with the actual objects.
  • Hello Baby!
  • Flip, Flap, Fly!: A Book for Babies Everywhere
  • I Kissed the Baby!
  • The Babies on the Bus
  • Everywhere Babies
  • Baby Danced the Polka (ALA Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))
  • Sleepy, Oh So Sleepy
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • Hello, Day!
  • Lots of Dots
  • Clip-Clop
  • What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby?
Baby, Come Away